Ferrari F40 overload.

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 60 comments
Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the F40, the Japanese F40 Owners Club threw a little get together. Nothing big, so it's not really worth clicking the link.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2200327

Naaaaaaaaaaht!

07120210.jpg

07120215-1.jpg

07120220.jpg

07120222.jpg

Wow! Imagine the sound! Still, no white one like the one I saw though ;)

Remember seeing this on FChat. Noted as the largest gathering of F40's since the photos of all the cars from factory running together.

*Faints
I can only imagine the sound coming out of all of them at the same time........

*Faints
I can only imagine the sound coming out of all of them at the same time........

Imagine 36 F40's going Tokyo Extreme Racer style through a tunnel on the Wangan... uhh yeah, I might need a change of pants here.

That's 34 I count in this pic--but I could of missed a couple.

07120222.jpg

How much money is that total? Like $10 million USD?

Meh, what is everyone so excited about? They are only overpriced 20 year old Fiats!

NOT! OMG that would have been so awesome! I think my brain would have exploded from sensory overload hearing them all start in unison.

How many different models of F40 were there? Or only one model with yearly differences?
1. The only other 2 were racing versions, the GTE & LM. All those after market spoilers & 5-spoke racing rims you see are pretty done to look like it.

1. The only other 2 were racing versions, the GTE & LM. All those after market spoilers & 5-spoke racing rims you see are pretty done to look like it.

There were also the 200 or so "Americanised" road versions identifiable by their additional rubber bumpers.

:bowdown: :drool:

That is just amazing. The black one just looks spectacular!!!! 👍 :D
But I wonder, if there is 400 F40's being made, and Japan gets 34, is there any other F40 gathering in the U.S. or Europe?

:bowdown: :drool:

That is just amazing. The black one just looks spectacular!!!! 👍 :D
But I wonder, if there is 400 F40's being made, and Japan gets 34, is there any other F40 gathering in the U.S. or Europe?

There's actually, I believe, 1,300 F40's made from 1987 to 1992. But F40 gatherings will probably not happen for a while after this. Your closest bet to a large gathering of F40's, is when a large gathering of all Ferrari's is organized.

There's actually, I believe, 1,300 F40's made from 1987 to 1992. But F40 gatherings will probably not happen for a while after this. Your closest bet to a large gathering of F40's, is when a large gathering of all Ferrari's is organized.

Whoops, yeah. I mean 1300 of them (after reading wikipedia) But still i'm amazed. There are so many of them, and yet, they are rarely spotted on the street. Why can't they just let it loose on the streets? (but I'm guessing the car is too loud to run on the road, but what a sound it is. 👍) The only Ferrari gathering that I know of was the Ferrari 60th anniversary trip. But other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Whoops, yeah. I mean 1300 of them (after reading wikipedia) But still i'm amazed. There are so many of them, and yet, they are rarely spotted on the street. Why can't they just let it loose on the streets? (but I'm guessing the car is too loud to run on the road, but what a sound it is. 👍) The only Ferrari gathering that I know of was the Ferrari 60th anniversary trip. But other than that, I can't think of anything else.
They probably don't drive them much because it's not an easy car to drive, nor is very comfortable to do so.

A shame, too, because IMO it’s one of the most iconic supercars ever.

And one of the most beautiful as well... That you can see the CF weave through the paint just shows how far Ferrari went with this..

Pah!.. Who cares if it's comfortable or easy to drive..

Back