FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have my 3 choices for my 3 accounts.
honda-3d-logo-56CE848646-seeklogo.com.png

citroen-2009-logo-456E9DFB33-seeklogo.com.png

images

I thought it was against the Ts&Cs to use multiple accounts for FIA races?
It can be but i don't think it's a problem till you are not selected for a world FIA event .
I create an EU account first because it was easier for me to race during my free time , i work mostly at night.
After this i open another one just because i was tired to drive my 2 others cars after a bop change that put both of them out of path. I'm an authentic BRA CAN FRENCH.

I've decided to give Lamborghini a try this season.

And one thing I like about these longer races is that in most of them, the fuel consumption and tire wear doesn't go over 10x, so I can practice them in Custom Race mode.

So, have any of you tried the Manufacturers setup for this week?

I tried it earlier with the GTR and honestly... it's impossible. Like, by far the worst race I've ever seen... I've raced in race in so many different games, and for whatever reason, it's just terrible in GT Sport.

Might just be with that car idk, but even on full wets, there's just absolutely zero grip, might as well be driving on an ice rink the whole way around.

I'm a DS4 user, normally race with no assists (except abs default) but jesus christ... to even get around the track without binning it 50 times, i might have to switch almost everything on.

I cannot understand how it's this bad, the way it drives in the rain is how you'd expect it to drive if you're on old slicks in the rain... not full wets.

And maybe even better, here is David Perel analyzing the wet track update and directly comparing it to real life:
He didn't do that correctly - look at his lap times relative to the world #1 time of 1:44.2 in the current manufacturers free practice. I think he did it in TT mode with a low amount of wet track grip reduction rather than real (which would have required setting up a lobby).

Hoooooly frijoles, Man. Just did a lobby run. All I have to say is, if you're in the race with me tomorrow, just please be wise. It's not worth divebombing in this one. I give room, but that don't mean to pass or slip up the inside at the last minute.

TCS 1, 2, 3. For 15 laps, it's going to be a chore. I started with a 2.08. Next lap 1.57. Next 1.55. I don't even care about trying to set a fast time. It'll be about survival. Also, is it too late to request a longer wiper blade?
EEpU5GmUYAMPMSh

Pff i predict a bump fest on wet conditions, acutally my lap times are not bad, i´m using a Ds4..., im runing in 1:49/1:51 steady laps whitout much practice but for god sake it´s like running on ice T1 will be like an avalanche XD.
Probably the wise choice it´s to begin last really dunno.

Last edited:
Conditions really are treacherous. I've had to turn TC back on after not using it for a year. Feels like lap 1 will be a lottery spending more time looking behind than forward to dodge any sliding cars. Get through lap 1 and its 14 laps of trying not to make a mistake.

Racing is going to be interesting. Must avoid the temptation to try and out brake anyone! It will only end badly!

When the new FIA season starts - will I be able to choose a different manufacturer than for the exhibition?
I think last time I couldn't, but I don't remember that well, hence the question.

Just noticed that the final manufacturer slot is 26:40, so effectively 3am. Curious to see how many participants there’ll be. If I manage to stay up that late. :)

When the new FIA season starts - will I be able to choose a different manufacturer than for the exhibition?
I think last time I couldn't, but I don't remember that well, hence the question.

Before the start of the official 2019 FIA Manufacturers Series you were allowed to change manufacturer. PD did also announce that we will be able to change manufacturer between each of the 2019/2020 Exhibition seasons.

With all that in mind, you should be able to change manufacturer before the next proper season starts next year.

In short, yeah probably.

Before the start of the official 2019 FIA Manufacturers Series you were allowed to change manufacturer. PD did also announce that we will be able to change manufacturer between each of the 2019/2020 Exhibition seasons.

With all that in mind, you should be able to change manufacturer before the next proper season starts next year.

In short, yeah probably.
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I didn't play much in 2019 but in 2018 i recall I was quite surprised that I couldn't change the manufacturer after exhibition. But maybe I am wrong, was a year ago.

Are any of the Gr.3 MR cars easier/harder to drive than others?

I am trying to decide between Lamborghini, Ferrari, Mclaren, Citroen & Audi. Normally I would avoid the MR cars simply because they are harder to drive, but fancy a challenge (but not too difficult) for the exhibition series before I head back to the safety of the FR cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back