FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Race 1 I qualy pole and get slammed around in a penalty-fest. Get called dirty because a Slophy wants to slide underneath me and go two abreast through the esses. Needless to say, that didn't go all that well as I get a penalty for being on the outside when he door bangs me but then he goes into the barrier when I pinball back into him. I finish P10 and start questioning my life choices.

Race 2, I qualy P9 because it's a faster lobby and I can't seem to get in a good lap without a shortcut penalty. Less bangy, meaning way less penalties and a P7 finish.

I'm debating if I should just take the points and run, at this point. But of course, there's a part of me that's determined to become okay at this track and combo. Maybe I do make bad life choices. I dunno, we'll seee.

Ended up in a lower split tonight with #1 on the door, decided to use the Trophy since I may use it for Manu next season. So it was pretty handy that it was also the Meta for the race today. :lol: Started and finished 2nd, went 5S/2H/5S and had a great race with KBonics. I finished within a tenth of him in the end for 2nd place and my best points of the season for Nations. One and done tonight. :)

276A2AA8-86AF-4310-B9E2-D14262260AFD.png

Unreal it still isn’t on the store
We'll see what happens after June. It's the last month to receive the GR.4 Supra, for those that did the survey.

What's more unreal, is the Mazda RX-Vision nowhere to be seen(or some type of update or a maintenance post). Especially if it's supposed to be available for the 2020 season.

Cutting it close for Sunday(night), Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday(afternoon), for people that want to choose the Mazda brand.
If some are unaware that there is a new Gr.3 Mazda coming, it'll be the same thing as the Supra. Good thing is, the Mazda will probably be available to purchase and use in Nations and the Daily races.

Never drove the Toyota 86 Gr. 4, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to use it. Started in 13th and I went with the 2H/5S/5S strategy. I could of potentially finished 5th but towards the end, my tires were shot and I dropped down to 7th. I wanted at least 150 points, but considering how far back I started, I'm not going to push my luck.

full

Anyway, I did the minimum 3 races for both series, so that's it for me this season. :)

Last edited:
Last race for the alt account.
ETIabD_VAAAPOu4

Qualified with a 1:56.000. 1.1 second gap ahead of P2. I thought players were sandbagging. Same quick players I raced yesterday in Nations.
Started on RM. P2 avoided me into T1(thank you). Pitted end of Lap6 for RH. Pitted end of Lap 12 for RS, FL was 1:55.545.

Next race, on regular account, during qualy, I get held up a bit by a Z4. Could have gotten pole on that. Missed out by .2 seconds.
Race starts and I get punted and spun exiting T1. Then, an AMG spins me at the hairpin when I gave room. Then, a 4C dives on me when I'm battling a Beetle in the last 3rd of the race. I pit for softs and see that same AMG collecting penalties.

The dudes on worn tyres, want to defend on the last two laps. Like c'mon, I'm on fresh softs, it's a losing battle. I've got a run on anther AMG . He wants to guard the inside though the turn. Okay, I'll take the outside line for more momentum. I get pinned on the outer edge of the track and the AMG gives me no room. Contact and I'm spinning it off.
Started 3rd, fell to damn near last and recovered to 4th. Done.
ETIsZ9xUYAIdqwj

Post Nurburgring race, no surprise, it happened again. I was battling an RCZ going into the chicane, had to take the outside because he blocked the inside. An F-Type from 2-3 car lengths back just divebombed and I literally had to STOP on the corner entry to avoid turning in and touching him. Escaped penalty! Or so I thought... 4 corners later, on entry into T3 a 911 again dived on the inside from 2 car lengths back. I was literally taking the widest possible line but he STILL touched me, no idea how. Yep, 1 second penalty for "CoLlIdInG wItH AnOtHeR cAr". If only people just held back a little on corner entry, set your car up for the exit and overtake on the next straight cleanly. Trust me, you won't lose that much time and everybody will have a much cleaner race.

Unfortunately, that's also the end of my patience. I'm done folks. Unless PD puts out a mini patch before next Tuesday (highly unlikely), I'm taking a hiatus until this is fixed. My rule is if you're no longer having fun doing something, it's time to stop. Now is a good time. I will miss racing the genuinely good people, but when they're <10% of players the numbers just don't add up.

Good luck to all competitors and don't forget to look after yourself & each other with all that's happening around the world right now :) 👍

DACEA15A-BDB1-497B-A429-B16827E86088.jpeg

What a way to finish the season!! :gtpflag:

Qualified 9th, started on Mediums. Had a bit of luck as a few cars took each other out at turn 1 and I found myself in 5th. Other drivers then a bit untidy on cold tires allowed me to pass them and I was in 2nd by the end of lap 1 with the leader already 8 seconds ahead! He then binned it on lap 3 and I found myself leading and had a 3 second gap. Stayed out until lap 6 and swapped for Hards, coming out in 3rd. 2 cars in front pitted so i was back in 1st. Pitted lap 10 for Softs. Came out 3rd again and 2 cars in front then pitted next lap and I remained in the lead.

0FB27C14-AA8C-4425-9E48-2FEE0B625AC6.jpeg

Love the Gr.3 Viper, not so sure about the Gr.4. It’s nice to drive just not very quick. Tempted to remain at Dodge!

20200315111250.jpg

Sticking with the FR cars for the main season. I fancy going for something a bit uncommon and making a serious attempt at trying to achieve S rank now that my DR is high enough to conceivably do it, so I'm going to be signing with Dodge. As things stand, if I had gone Dodge in the pre-season instead of BMW and gotten the same results I would currently be rank 11 in EMEA, only 2 points off of being joint rank 10.

I present my 'Infernal Vipers'. :dopey:

Ended up in a lower split tonight with #1 on the door, decided to use the Trophy since I may use it for Manu next season. So it was pretty handy that it was also the Meta for the race today. :lol: Started and finished 2nd, went 5S/2H/5S and had a great race with KBonics. I finished within a tenth of him in the end for 2nd place and my best points of the season for Nations. One and done tonight. :)

Oh. So now I know one of the users that nudged me and made me force someone else off track :cheers: *cracks Max Verstappen Brazil 2018 knuckles*

Good race you definitely had the pace. I knew qualy would be a **** show so I just did my laps quickly and good enough for 5th. Then the race was iffy. Got barged off track and it forced me to start sliding. Someone got hooked and I couldn't break away so we both went for the wall. Unfortunately he got the worst of it and I heard a very loud crunch behind me. I relled up back to 4th and Chitat was holding off @Pigems and head honcho douche (more on him in a minute). Then I didn't do much testing so I extended my soft stint and just finished on hards. I was a sitting duck but held onto 3rd. More importantly I got graduated to A+ which was what I set out to do in the preseason.

Just FYI you and the other guy should be more patient. Yours was 50/50 as you saw an opportunistic move buy you should know 3 wide doesn't work on that hairpin. You had the softer tires you would have made mince meat of us eventually.

For that othet guy I wanted to punch him. He barged and forced me off on T4 which caused me to crash that guy. Then did the same thing again on the last turn. Wait for a good opportunity not just the next one. I wanted to spin him but never got the chance. But he's on my ****list

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. So now I know one of the users that nudged me and made me force someone else off track :cheers: *cracks Max Verstappen Brazil 2018 knuckles*

Good race you definitely had the pace. I knew qualy would be a **** show so I just did my laps quickly and good enough for 5th. Then the race was iffy. Got barged off track and it forced me to start sliding. Someone got hooked and I couldn't break away so we both went for the wall. Unfortunately he got the worst of it and I heard a very loud crunch behind me. I relled up back to 4th and Chitat was holding off @Pigems and head honcho douche (more on him in a minute). Then I didn't do much testing so I extended my soft stint and just finished on hards. I was a sitting duck but held onto 3rd. More importantly I got graduated to A+ which was what I set out to do in the preseason.

Just FYI you and the other guy should be more patient. Yours was 50/50 as you saw an opportunistic move buy you should know 3 wide doesn't work on that hairpin. You had the softer tires you would have made mince meat of us eventually.

For that other guy I wanted to punch him. He barged and forced me off on T4 which caused me to crash that guy. Then did the same thing again on the last turn. Wait for a good opportunity not just the next one. I wanted to spin him but never got the chance. But he's on my ****list

Hey man, sorry about the bump. I thought I had enough room on the inside and by the time I realized there wasn’t I had already bumped you. I didn’t know at the time that it had caused the other guy to go off or I’d have lifted and given the places back. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
After screwing up my qualifying lap and not setting a time I started from dead last in the F-Type. I knew that I had the pace for maybe a top 5 finish at a push so was still relatively confident and thought at least I can't go backwards. Started on the mediums as not to waste the soft tyres and so I could make at least some progress. At the end of lap 5 despite a 2 second penalty for seemingly no reason managed to get into 15th so went into the pits for hard tyres and managed to get a bit of clean air and latched onto the back of a couple softer clad runners in front figuring I could gap them with a good out lap on the soft tyres. Pitting from around 12th on lap 11 (as the drivers Infront pitted 1 lap earlier) the soft tyres managed to get past some clean air and jump them by a couple of seconds where I managed to climb into 10th on the last lap with the help of clean air and mega grip in comparison at the end. Overall a pretty good result considering starting last with no lap time set. Now to weigh up my options for the main season.

Tried out the kart and up to 50.2 if I stay on the track.

Seems the steering is very sensitive and send the kart flying once on the curb or applying throttle a bitt too early. I have no confidence I could stay on the track for the full 20 laps at the moment.

Quali went ok, wasn't brilliant but was ok and got 6th.

Tried to take it easy into the 1st corner, but got a 6 second penalty for someone hitting me at the 1st corner, and then another 2 seconds at the 3rd corner when another one nudged me (He had a really bad connection so was tough to know where he was). 8 seconds of penalties and I don't feel I did much wrong :(

Went long 7 laps on softs in the first stint, and did 6 laps on the mediums, which allowed me to leap frog a few others simply due to lapping in relatively clean air. Strangely caught up to the guy who had given me the 6 second penalty on the penultimate lap and then proceeded to have a lot of fun trying to get past cleanly. Might have been more aggressive if I could have trusted the penalty system, but it is what it is.

Ended up in 7th, which isn't bad considering the start. Was good to see a couple of fellow GTPer's in the race, but hope they had better luck than me. I have to admit that the current penalty system is ruining the game for me a bit at the moment. Hope they fix it soon.

Seems the steering is very sensitive and send the kart flying once on the curb or applying throttle a bitt too early. I have no confidence I could stay on the track for the full 20 laps at the moment.
Chin up, the slipstream is on weak so everybody will be really close and going faster than usual in the corners.

I just did around 20 laps of timetrial in the morning to see how it is - as I never drove this in GTS. As expected, the first 5-6 were tickets to the wall, but after I left all my paint there started clicking:
- for me the most important rule is to keep the throttle always a bit pressed, with the exception being zones of hard braking - then as soon as I release the brake, throttle again
- no maximum throttle unless the wheel is straight
- If you start sliding, just release the throttle without counter/or very little in extreme cases. Then, as soon as the back is in it's place accelerate again
- and last: do not drive immediately something else, you will feel like a total noob. Made a complete fool of myself driving for 1.5 laps the Alfa Gr3 and plowing the fields...

These are some small advices - I am no master, but at least I can keep it pointing to the right direction.

Well. This was my first FIA season. If PD does not change the current penalty/SR system it was also my last.

It blows my mind that they are so reckless with their player base.

The penalty system is bad, but in most cases the FIA races are better than the dailies in terms of clean racing. Or at least that was my experience...

The penalty system is bad, but in most cases the FIA races are better than the dailies in terms of clean racing. Or at least that was my experience...
In the beginning of the pre-season and in the end of last season it was like you say. At the most clean was actually when there where no penalties. But then came what we have now and within a week it was not just the dailies but also FIA infected with the attitude of bullying past and always looking for a fight.

Similar situation for the Huracan. I’m not sure I’ll bother showing up for this one.
I always wonder how people can make the GR 3 Huracan work. It's a very difficult one to manage. Everytime I think of choosing Lamborghini for a Manu, i'll take the Gr3 Huracan out and fall in love ...for about two laps... By the third lap, tire wear starts to set in and on any moderately curvy track, it gets to be uncontrollable and things just continue to spiral downhill. I'm a lower DR B and I almost never see one in my FIA lobbies. In looking at the points standings, some people are doing very well with it, I just wonder how they are able to? Lots of practice? BB settings?

I always wonder how people can make the GR 3 Huracan work. It's a very difficult one to manage. Everytime I think of choosing Lamborghini for a Manu, i'll take the Gr3 Huracan out and fall in love ...for about two laps... By the third lap, tire wear starts to set in and on any moderately curvy track, it gets to be uncontrollable and things just continue to spiral downhill. I'm a lower DR B and I almost never see one in my FIA lobbies. In looking at the points standings, some people are doing very well with it, I just wonder how they are able to? Lots of practice? BB settings?

I love the Huracan Gr3, but it’s extremely track-dependent. High-grip tracks and start-stop circuits fit it perfectly, like the Sardegnas and Dragon Tails.

On the other hand, it’s as slippery as it gets, which destroys rear tires and slows it way down in fast-flowing circuits (e.g Maggiore has always been a pain).

When it comes to BB, it usually helps to be aggressively front biased, to save up tires and stabilize the rear. It’s not always the fastest approach, but it pays off over the race distance. It’s a great car to drive at 80% and still be quick!

The Gr4 is a lovely car to pick up and be fast in, but it’s a 4WD and the drawbacks are as usual: it’s hard to get a lot of rotation off of it and front tires never last. But of course the traction is a bliss and the car is pretty fast overall over one lap.

For this pre-season, for an example, my best results were all Gr3. My only good result with the Gr4 was the Maggiore Centre, which was half luck, half strategy. The car itself didn’t help much.

Been doing a fair amount of practice this morning and for some reason the RH are giving me all kinds of fits. I think I may have to pull a 3-stopper just to get off those things today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back