FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice, sound like the complete opposite to jaguar which I just finished the last season with.

I also went with Jaguar for the Pre-Season and saying that they're complete opposite is pretty much on the money. My shortlist is Alfa Romeo, Jaguar or Mercedes.

I'm not feeling a lot of enthusiasm for the new season though. Penalties have ruined the game and racing is mostly frustrating. Seems I'll likely go Alfa Romeo as at least I'll have a bit of fun. Don't know though. Will probably decide on Wednesday :lol:

I chose Ford with both Mustangs for the pre season.
Now I will go back to Mercedes on my main account and on my trash account I will participate with the Porsche. These four cars are very good to drive

I also went with Jaguar for the Pre-Season and saying that they're complete opposite is pretty much on the money. My shortlist is Alfa Romeo, Jaguar or Mercedes.

I'm not feeling a lot of enthusiasm for the new season though. Penalties have ruined the game and racing is mostly frustrating. Seems I'll likely go Alfa Romeo as at least I'll have a bit of fun. Don't know though. Will probably decide on Wednesday :lol:

Yeah, remember seeing you on a couple of my practice sessions, Jaguar were hampered by some of the slightly higher multipliers last round which looks like they have gone so probably going to stick with Jaguar.

Congrats to everyone in the Nations Cup. Was really hoping to finish closer to the top 5 in Canada, I just couldn't get those 250+ results the guys ahead seemed to get 1 or 2 of.

unknown.png

unknown.png

I have been running Ford, Mustang's in both classes. Have had good fun and I am ok with the results as the pre-season was my first FIA.
However I am torn about the next season. Since the last update the penalty system and the SR rank has made the FIA races terrible.

If PD update any of it ( if only one thing then the SR system) I would be happy to participate and if so for Porsche as I want to be better at MR. But if not I think that it's private lobbies only for me in the future.

At least I got my liveries ready...

6278022285071745036_0.jpg

Congrats to everyone in the Nations Cup. Was really hoping to finish closer to the top 5 in Canada, I just couldn't get those 250+ results the guys ahead seemed to get 1 or 2 of.

Congrats to you and everyone also! We had some great battles, and while we all want to be that #1 guy, it is the battles, the intensity, the adrenaline all along the way that makes it all fun.

"Chart your destination with eyes set high, but don't let it cloud the joy of the journey!"
-todally_lit_ March, 2020

:cheers:

So I qualified 7th and........... finished 7th lol. -Shrugs- Did gain some points but I'm done with the Lexus. It was so bad on RH I just hit it and quit it. Had to stretch the S by a lap or two to compensate.

I'm leaning towards either the Porsche or the Aston. The bond-mobiles got some grunt even with the BOP adjustments

EA1FA50F-88B4-44BE-94AA-E0419C454AAB.png

New manufacturer selected. Always got to be a bit different. :)

The Gr.3 Corvette sounds nuts.

Now to work out why I’m 2 seconds off the pace at the first race. Eek....

Last edited:
Congrats to you and everyone also! We had some great battles, and while we all want to be that #1 guy, it is the battles, the intensity, the adrenaline all along the way that makes it all fun.

"Chart your destination with eyes set high, but don't let it cloud the joy of the journey!"
-todally_lit_ March, 2020

:cheers:

haha one of my teammates was not happy with you in that final race. i don't even know what went on but i think one of those bogus 2s penalties got handed out.

I am leaving my BMW behind, after my tour de skiing on hards last night at the FIA race i am done, it seems so random how the car feels with tires. Its like a random generator depending on race type. The daily at Brands Hatch was different, there i experienced my front tires would turn "red" and become impossible to steer in to corners, here i saw nothing of the kind.. what?

GT-R is my choice of pain for next season :-/

Here we are, dressed up and ready to fail...

So i signed the contract, now you can tell me what the weakness is :)

I love the Huracan Gr3, but it’s extremely track-dependent...
Going with Lamborghini for the second time. :)

@Master Weasel, I'm still undecided whether to stay with Lambo, but most of all, I'm curious about your assessment of the Gr3 and Gr4 car.s How do you like them.

EDIT: I had "over-quoted" and my own post appeared as a quote. Oops.

Last edited:
Pre-season didn't go as planned for me with Aston Martin. Initial testing made me confident in the Gr.3 performance, but I failed to do extensive testing on the Gr.4 with the tire wear multipliers. Quite the mistaken assumption as the Gr.4 Vantage was nigh undrivable for me. Combining that with the quite shoddy state of the penalty system meant my motivation for racing in the pre-season dropped like a brick. There were a couple glimmers of hope though with a stellar race at Interlagos and some pretty great races at the Nurburgring to close out the season.

Not the end result I was hoping for,
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 7.25.02 PM.png

but it's time to move on to the official season.
IMG_0823.jpeg

IMG_0822.jpeg

Guess I'll be picking later, when the RX-VISION GT3 arrives. Whenever that is.

Looking ahead to the Nations Gr.4. Supra wasn't flash while conserving(and that was on default RH for a Daily race). Got better results and enjoyment going flat out.

What's the Lexus RC F GT3 like with tyres and fuel?

I recently purchased this car and it felt nice to drive when i was testing it in arcade mode, so i was thinking about signing with lexus.

We're doing a Gran Turisbros Live Podcast on my YouTube channel. We're doing a shakedown of various Manufacturers to try and figure out which we should pick for the 2020 season! We have @OutlawQuadrnt on the show to share with us his view of the competitive landscape in the soon coming FIA GTC Manufacturer's Series. There's a lot of talent spread all over the place so early already, we cover the notable moves, stacked manus, and our own nervous approaches to trying to be what's right for ourselves in the midst of all the crazy competition. Join us right now as we hang out and have fun shooting the pit xD <3333

Live right now!

If anyone remembers from last official season, I had compiled a spreadsheet with all the manufacturer selections for the many of the high end drivers in GT Sport.

Now compiling the 2020 edition. Some have stayed put while others have made surprise moves.

I wish I had told you I was officially picking Mclaren. Tartbutter probably thought Mclaren was wide open since you left it blank. You put in all my teammates but not me @OutlawQuadrnt

If anyone remembers from last official season, I had compiled a spreadsheet with all the manufacturer selections for the many of the high end drivers in GT Sport.

Now compiling the 2020 edition. Some have stayed put while others have made surprise moves.

Please put me in for Renault right away, so I can ward off any more aliens who want to return to the game unexpectedly.

I really wanted that McLaren

We're doing a Gran Turisbros Live Podcast on my YouTube channel. We're doing a shakedown of various Manufacturers to try and figure out which we should pick for the 2020 season! We have @OutlawQuadrnt on the show to share with us his view of the competitive landscape in the soon coming FIA GTC Manufacturer's Series. There's a lot of talent spread all over the place so early already, we cover the notable moves, stacked manus, and our own nervous approaches to trying to be what's right for ourselves in the midst of all the crazy competition. Join us right now as we hang out and have fun shooting the pit xD <3333

Live right now!

Nice! I will join you guys in a bit 💡

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish GR.4 and GR.3 were separated in points. The two classes should be separate like the real classes.

If we had an option to choose between the two classes and the option to do both classes, it may just free up players to race what they want to race.

As it is, a player's results hang on how they perform over both classes. If I just do GR.4 races, I may lose out on points to someone who does good in one Gr.3 race and may score less than me in the GR.4 races. That's not a fair representation.

I understand someone may score more points than me, overall, by just doing one GR.4 race and no other races in Stage 1. That's not a problem, as at least it's held to GR.4 results.

I went with Alfa Romeo in Exhibition Season 3 and they're on my short list for 2020. I had by far the most fun with Alfa as a manufacturer and would summarise their strengths and weaknesses as:

Good
  • Good on tyres
  • Good on fuel
  • Superb handling
  • Good stopping power
  • Gr.3 car is possibly the friendliest of the MR cars. The only time I struggled with it was the corkscrew at Laguna Seca.
Bad
  • Top end speed is VERY lacking
  • Depending on the multipliers the 4C's tend to be either utterly OP or mostly outclassed. There's not a lot in between.

The lack of straight line speed does make overtaking a challenge and you're always vulnerable on a straight, but you can really throw the 4C's around the corners, which is part of what makes them such good fun. Looking at the stage 1 schedule I'd probably skip Monza, but all the others are worth a go. Some of the tyre wear multipliers will work in Alfa's favour. When the multipliers are low and there's little to no choice on strategy, Alfa Romeo loses a lot of their advantages.

I should note that the Gr.4 car had a power boost and weight added in the recent BoP update and I've not tested it since then to see how that affects things.

I'm basically trying to decide between this, or an all rounder that will be competitive in most rounds. With Alfa Romeo you have to accept that some rounds you're not going to be in the hunt for the top positions, so either accept that and see what you can do or skip those rounds.

@watto79 What did you use as BB for GR3 and GR4? I'm really interested by this manufacturer. Just a bit concerned with the lack of speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back