FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your strategy for Nations? Pit end of lap 8 for tires and fuel?

Pretty much. Fiddled with the Fuel Power to Lean setting a little while I was racing but I still ended up coming in at the same time as those in front of me at the time. As you'd expect, I got a little screwed over by the penalty system.

If I were PD, i'd keep the one that was in GT5 & 6. That's better than what we have in Sport.

Couldn't be bothered with Nations Cup. Wasn't going to bother with Manufacturer's either - I don't like stuff quicker than Gr.4 (just feels a bit samey and characterless) - but figured I'd give it a shot as I'm generally okay at Bathurst simply through being able to drive the mountain without crashing.

Qualified 5th - would have been 4th, but idiots who have no idea how to qualify are always going to mess it up for everyone. I spotted I was using about 12.5 litres on an all out lap and figured I could dial that back to 9 and no-stop if I was smart - but that meant I'd be vulnerable in the early stages (running 2'11s instead of the 2'08.0 I qualified on)...

... and sure enough, 6th overtook me into turn one, but overcooked it and ran off. That left Mountain Straight to survive, and... uhhh... well, someone obliterated every car behind me. That pretty much left me running 5th, 5 seconds behind the top 4 and 5 seconds ahead of the rest for the rest of the race.

Sure enough, one of the top 4 crashed quite hard, putting me fourth, and two of them kept having to serve penalties, which left me in touch of the podium. Then they all pitted and I took the lead... for half a straight, as first cruised past me. He did have a 16s lead after all. Still left me with my own 16s to defend from three cars for 5 laps though.

But almost always, when they got near me, they crashed. One got past (no point fighting when you're 3s a lap off) and kept it on the track, but the others didn't. Yay, podium.

2% fuel remaining :lol: and now I'm back up to SR S, so more points next time...

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180707205339.jpg

Sucks being in Australia, the first race starts at 2100 and if you're tired from work and/or have to get up early again the next day your only chance is on Saturday.

Just did my first ever Nations Cup race yesterday. There's definitely some sandbaggers there. First 4 cars are all 1 second faster than the rest of the field, which are pretty close together (except the stragglers at the back). People seem to drive a lot more aggressively as well, even though everyone is SR S. Got spun out in the first lap, tried to switch to long run strategy with fuel saving but couldn't really make it work (ran out of fuel at the final straight on the last lap :ouch:). Oh well...

Haven't really decided which Manufacturer I'm gonna drive for either. After my experience with the Nations Cup, looks like I won't bother though.

I find that the Daily Race lobbies are a lot cleaner whenever the FIA races are on and provides much better chances of winning. All the fast guys and all the aggressive rammers are too busy doing the FIA races, you're left with people who race respectfully 👍

Just did the nation cup. Qualifier was pretty sketchy. Couldn't get a good run at all. Tried to give people space but I either caught up to them too fast or someone wiped out or someone was being a jerk and trying to brake check people. Anyway, I qualified 14th and finish 4th. It was intense. Gotta say one of the better race I've partaken in. There were some seriously closed call with some guy trying to shave off his penalties. I would catch up and set myself up for a pass, as soon as I'd go for it, he would close the door but I knew better and kept my nose clean for good point finish. Pretty thrilled with this one a far cry from the last FIA race I did on the Nurb GP. :D

Manufacturer Series - Mt. Panorama - Viper Gr. 3

I had little time to practice for today's race. Started in 15th, finished in 14th... or 13th... somewhere around there. Got 429 points, so I'll take it. Tough but good race.

So, i just got done with the manufacturers cup race. Somehow messed up on my qualifying run and ended up 7th on the grid, but was up to 4th before i took the pit stop. Gained two spots on the stop itself, and rejoined in 2nd 9 seconds behind a mitsubishi. I ended up staying 2nd 5 seconds behind the winner. I was glad to take the 570 or so points with it espicially since i got through the race without getting a penalty which is easier said than done.

I really hate the gr3 NSX. I wish it was like the gr4 version...... sucks I can’t even tweak it just a little. Enjoying the races though (hoping PD adds a GR4 and GR3 fk8 type r....)

I feel your pain... After a few laps the rear is trying to drift :banghead: On a track like Bathurst this is not enjoyable.
But the Gr.4 is well balanced, good at fuel consumption, but just need +1% power and it will be perfect :sly:
But I think there is worst than the NSX Gr.3, for example, the Tidgney's Pug :lol:

Just rage quit first time for an FIA race. Well, more like walked away from it and came back to a dq message. Ran a full practice stint to 8 laps no problem and qualified 3rd. Then in the race I have no idea why but my rear tires had absolutely no grip and wore out like they were chalk. Fell to last within three laps and just dropped my controller. I feel absolutely sick to my teeth over this one.

I’m sick and tired of PD’s stupid mentality behind fixed setups in the FIA races. I’m basically forced to race with the morons who have zero spatial awareness and also divebomb in places you can’t. Started manufacturers P6 and immediately got overtaken by a Viper, but then I was behind a lancer who ended up spinning in front of me so I tried avoiding it and some idiot drilled my car into the wall between T3 and 4. During my recovery I made up a couple of places until another moron, this time in a Corvette, decided to hog the kink and ended up hitting me off into the gravel even though there was enough room for 2 cars.

It’s getting irritating making no mistakes all race and it gets ruined every time by people who shouldn’t even be racing. With tuning I would be far away from those “smart” guys and actually be able to score good points, instead of settling for a miserable P12.

The strangest thing is that I don't see side by side battling as my strength. The only real mistake was mistiming my pass attempt after the Senna S and gave you a small tap for a 4 second penalty on my end. C'mon, GT Sport! Gotta give us some leeway there!

Long story short, I regret choosing the Lexus for Interlagos. That thing was utterly undrivable for me in dirty air. The battle with AxGear was with him trying to fuel save in an NSX so that's how much I was struggling out there. A really poor 11th finish thanks to the penalty but I wasn't getting good points anyways. That and I really enjoyed fighting for position. Gotta enjoy those moments when they come up.

Manufacturer's, I had high hopes since I noticed in Tidgney's stream the Jaguar doing really well in the Euro race. Unfortunately, I had issues with traffic interference during my fliers again. I can't exactly blame the drivers out there because I'm not a fan of the current setup at all. If you're going to send 15~20+ drivers out on a track and only give them 10 minutes to set a time (and it's far less than that thanks to the outlap), it's a real jumble trying to give each other enough space. It's worse when you're on a track where crashes are common and you have to evade people. I really wish they could just ghost everyone and have slipstream disabled.

Anyways, despite my disastrous qualifying, I realized quickly that anything better than 6th was going to be impossible. I had enough to go into mid to high 2:02s during the race but the top six guys were going faster still. Even when I finally cleared my fellow Jag driver, I wasn't catching up at all. Compared to the thrilling second half of my Nations race, Bathurst after pitting was utterly boring.

Had a miserable race in the Ferrari Gr.3 at Bathurst. That track is excellent at bringing out the snap oversteer in that car. Less said the better.

Nations race went a bit better, despite qualifying 14th and despite a total 🤬 late blocking me and brake checking me over several laps and then ramming me into the wall on turn 1 when I tried to slip past him. Reported him but I doubt PD will do anything. Ended up in 8th with that dirty 🤬 in 7th.

Something always has to go wrong with my Nation's Cup race. First it was starting in a bad position, second it was a disconnect and third was an absurd amount of penalties, most of them unfair. I dropped from 4th to 19th. I can't be bothered doing these races, they've caused me soo much grief. I'll just stick to daily races because you can enter them more than once.

I can't believe this.

My family and I made plans to go to a hangout at a campsite today with some friends of ours, and we left early so I could get into the last time slot for the Manufacturer Series at 10:10. I get back on with three minutes left before matching starts and I enter the race, but instead of getting confirmed immediately, I get put on the backburner for five minutes and get kicked before the entry gets through.

How could this happen? There's no way there was that much traffic with others trying to get in. I can't believe my family and I cut a good time short only for this to happen. We should have just stayed. :(

Both my races were forgettable. Finished 17th and 18th I think, it was difficult not to rage quit but I wanted to save my SR.

I can't believe this.

My family and I made plans to go to a hangout at a campsite today with some friends of ours, and we left early so I could get into the last time slot for the Manufacturer Series at 10:10. I get back on with three minutes left before matching starts and I enter the race, but instead of getting confirmed immediately, I get put on the backburner for five minutes and get kicked before the entry gets through.

How could this happen? There's no way there was that much traffic with others trying to get in. I can't believe my family and I cut a good time short only for this to happen. We should have just stayed. :(

I know how that feels, it happened to me on the pre-season. :(

After that I never trusted that I could race on the last time slot, now I leave it as a last resort (and actually use it, because... so many blue screens :boggled:)

I got paired with @DriftMethod again in the nations. Had a great qualy for a change. Started 4th finished 4th. 5th couldn't catch me and 3rd made some little mistakes but not enough to close ln on him had a few non optimal exits of a few corners so I could never close in. 1600 pts. Best result so far.

Manufacturers with the Viper in bathurst. Had an okayish qualy, had trafic though. Starting 10th. The viper was really fast on the straights so I gained a position in the first straight going uphill, on the downhill straight I was ready to gain another position but the guy in 8th was drafting the car ahead so I could not make it happen. We reach the braking point really close and I brake slightly later, I try to go to the inside to avoid hiting him but I failed and hit him anyway. The lag amplifies the contact and he run off the track:indiff:. Got 10 secs for that. I was quite consistent and with a few people spinning, penalties plus a couple overtakes on the straight I was 5th on fbathurst that was incredible:eek:. Finished 7th when I served my penalty for 1500 points. And I felt like I sucked at this track...:D
PS_Messages_20180708_004804.jpg
PS_Messages_20180708_004758.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back