FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only did the manufacturers race this time around
Quali wasn't great, the lap was around what I was getting in practice but it was only good enough for P14, I guess I needed a slipstream or something
For the first few laps I did make a couple of positions but then got pegged back so decided to start saving fuel. On lap 8 I gained 6 positions from a crash up ahead. Took it to lap 14, ran out of fuel going into the pits, definitely pitted a lap too late. Came out in 11th and set about catching the cars ahead, was in a battle for 9th for a few laps but just got ahead going into the last couple of laps, gained about 4 positions on the last 2 laps thanks to people having issues with fuel and in the end it was P5. Pretty happy with the result given how quali and the first stint went

Manufacturer - Blue Bay - Viper Gr. 3

Qualified into 7th place, and suddenly my ping meter went to 1 bar. Oh boy... Now everyone has to watch out for me. :nervous: However, it looked like I was just fine, as I didn't see anyone suddenly flying into space when they were near me.

At the end, me + 2 other cars were battling for 6th place. It was heated, and I give kudos to them for keeping it super tight and clean. I finished in 7th place and earned 984 points, putting me at 1413 points. Overall, I had a good race.

I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you know you can win the race instead of racing mid-pack. In the middle of the pack, many drivers bottle it and brake too early.

I think I'm going to take your advice and sit this one out. I wouldn't be fighting for a win anyway and it would just be middle of pack battles.

Another issue I've noticed is drivers serving their penalties just before an apex. This is absolutely ludicrous. There is nothing worse than a car ghosting then un-ghosting directly in front of you near/in your braking zone. PD should either ghost drivers who have a penalty, including in qualifying, or better, drivers should just have their penalty added to their race time, which is what many wanted in the first place. Blue Moon and Monza were plagued with this tonight

Had the best car for manufacturer (Evo) and got a good lobby 1900 points for first.

Thank you PD for giving me a blue screen, the only manufacturer race I've practiced for, and had a good strategy and car for, and I drive ovals well.

Very cool, official blue screen, and to top it off. The ****ing game thinks I disconnect and won't let me race any other time slots.

I'm pretty annoyed.

Lat night was not my day for both races.

Quali 12th at blue moon. Stayed in mid pack for 4 laps before crashed to last. Overtook another crashed car some laps later. A lonely way to finish at second last after that. It would probably my one and only one race on oval track. 250 point. Blue S. Red dot.:crazy:

Got pole at Monza and no bump at T1 L1. All of my fault missed the brake point at T1. So I just stopped and let all the cars passed before rejoining the race at last.👎 I saw no bump and kiss at the 1st chicane.👍 Climbed back to finish 7th and got 5xx point with blue S. Threw away a potential victory.:irked::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
The new penalty system is the worst thing to ever happen to this game.

The MAX contact penalty now seems to be 3 seconds, and you have to actually KILL someone to get one. Unacceptable. Welcome to dive bombers paradise.
I got 10 seconds last night for an accidental bump into T1 at Monza last night. Wasn’t a huge hit but wasn’t soft.

I don’t think I’ve ever been this mad, but the race today at blue bay.... Badflounder. Don’t race with him. Kept blocking me so we ended up with a gap between 15th and 14th. To make it better I went for a pass and He would keep tapping me. So I tried one last time and he spins me out, I get a 10 second and get stuck in last. Worst season by far for me because of dirty drivers.... sorry for the rambling. UPDATE: Im the NSX in the video

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing @vvise replay of the Blue Moon race. Turn 2 of Lap 2 your car went up the track and into the white Corvette, you both slid sideways. I have no idea if that was lag or not or if it actually happened, but I thought you were going to crash so I made an evasive move across the track and there was another car there and we both ended up crashing.

Sucks since I think I had the best car in that race, drove back up from 16th to 7th by the end of the race.

Last edited:
Started fia mfg race and when i would come out of the pits it would put me in 6th gear.

It did this at the start of the race too which of course got me all confused just because I had all these drivers coming up on me so fast. 12th to almost last first lap.

In addition to that me and 2 other cars ghosted each other for the last 7-8 laps and only one had a penalty.

Edit: restart game and still doing it:(

Edit#2: restart PS4 and it's ok?!?!

Last edited:
@bloodyboyblue i wondered where you went. I had you penciled in as the pre race favorite for the win. The ghost cars became a major issue in that race and led to some pretty crazy moments. Everyone up front handled themselves really well and kept it as clean as you could expect at that track though so we were able to work through it. I did see some penalties given for minor jostling for position. Thought the penalties were supposed to be better. I luckily didn’t get any but somehow lost 3 sr points. From bump drafting maybe? Either way it was an amazing race start to finish.

@bloodyboyblue i wondered where you went. I had you penciled in as the pre race favorite for the win. The ghost cars became a major issue in that race and led to some pretty crazy moments. Everyone up front handled themselves really well and kept it as clean as you could expect at that track though so we were able to work through it. I did see some penalties given for minor jostling for position. Thought the penalties were supposed to be better. I luckily didn’t get any but somehow lost 3 sr points. From bump drafting maybe? Either way it was an amazing race start to finish.

Every single car I encountered other than coincidentally the one I crashed with, I ghosted through, and they ghosted through everyone else they were racing with, it was a strange race

Looking forward to seeing @vvise replay of the Blue Moon race. Turn 2 of Lap 2 your car went up the track and into the white Corvette, you both slid sideways. I have no idea if that was lag or not or if it actually happened, but I thought you were going to crash so I made an evasive move across the track and there was another car there and we both ended up crashing.

Sucks since I think I had the best car in that race, drove back up from 16th to 7th by the end of the race.
I was yelling in my living room. I feel so bad I totally caused that crash. It was tight but it was a still all my bad there. Sorry!

I was yelling in my living room. I feel so bad I totally caused that crash. It was tight but it was a still all my bad there. Sorry!

Haha it was just a weird racing incident, I just had no idea if I was just hallucinating since it looked like a lag thing.

Every single car I encountered other than coincidentally the one I crashed with, I ghosted through, and they ghosted through everyone else they were racing with, it was a strange race
The ghosting was a real issue. Many times I tried to bump draft someone and I passed through them. I was trying to keep track of which cars I could bump and which I couldn't. It made some awkward situations going effectively like 5 wide with ghosts.

Whew! There was action in both Nations and Manufacturer's race!

I was aiming to use a little bit of slipstream to get a fast lap but I unfortunately caught up to one driver too quickly and the other one ceded too late for me to react. Pole was actually possible but instead, I'm down in 7th where just an extra tenth or so would've put me far closer to the front. I'm at the point in which I want the current qualifying setup gone.

Turn 1 went okay. I think I was surprised someone was on my right on exit so I tried to give them room. My hope was to avoid a lot of racing to catch up to the lead cars but I wasn't getting much help from those around me. For a while, I was alone in 4th and then got passed by someone. However, I was just behind the main group after pit stops. I thought I was in good shape except my pace somehow was even slower. The break I got was the the group ended up battling quite hard and accumulated penalties. I had but one for cutting the 2nd chicane which I got down low enough that I stole 4th at the line. Considering my off-kilter pace, that was a win.

Blue Moon Raceway... was funstrating! Frustrating mainly because I could not for the life of me join a group of cars to draft. My fellow Jag driver got it on the pole while I was back in 8th. After watching Tidgney's stream earlier in the day, I was expecting a slower pace due to tons of position swapping. Instead, it was a rather sedate single file affair which I did not need at all if I wanted to get better track position. Business picked up some in the 2nd half but I wasn't far enough ahead.

With about 5 or 4 to go, I decided I was going to make my move. I went full power, snuck myself on the outside at T3 and ran that high line all the way. Got a huge run at the straight to where I could've stolen the lead in dramatic fashion. Unfortunately, it looked like the leader on the inside was beginning to fuel save a ton and was going rather slow. I think there was a big enough gap where I could've made it three wide going into T1 and taken the lead. I also could've taken 5 or 6 cars out with a mistake by anyone. I decided it wasn't worth being that guy that ruins everyone's race and backed off. It ended up relegating me to 5th place and running out of fuel right at the line.

Honestly, the racing was kinda dull for much of the event but when it picked up, it was rather enjoyable. The one or two practice races I have to admit were tons of fun. It's all about getting the right people in the field.

The fight for my life in Nations Cup today. Enjoy the entire race from a TV perspective!

Thanks for the reply. Really a good race and it was a true FIA race.👍👍👍

Last lap 1st chicane, can't imagine 2 cars went side by side fairly and cleanly. Huge respect to you two.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Good show.:gtpflag:

What a race. I was expecting BMB to be an absolute ****show, but it was the exact opposite.

I started off my race by qualifying P4 behind two vipers and a Jaguar, and at the start of the race it was a pack race of 7 cars including myself. I dropped a bit back because I was hardcore saving fuel, and was bump drafting a Renault in front of me. We all pit on lap 13 except for a Lancer that stayed out, and I came out ahead of the rest of the pack due to having 10 extra fuel in the tank, but i gave the positions to the vipers so they could waste fuel more. Our pack withered to 5 until like 4 to go where the Renault decided to join us. He actually started bump drafting me, which helped keep pace with the pack until the final lap where I turned on the afterburners map 1 and had pace to beat the lancer and the vipers, but unfortunately the lancer made a slight block which resulted in me not being able to challenge the vipers, but the lancer ran out of fuel so I cruised to P3. Will upload a video of the race tomorrow.

Finally back on track to secure S for Alfa Romeo now! : )

Thanks for the reply. Really a good race and it was a true FIA race.👍👍👍

Last lap 1st chicane, can't imagine 2 cars went side by side fairly and cleanly. Huge respect to you two.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Good show.:gtpflag:
Thank you so much for the compliment!

My nations race I qualified 2nd and finished 2nd for 1935 points. I was fortunate on turn 1 coming out with around a 2 second gap between me and 3rd place. Then I was able to relax and just focus on keeping a consistent pace. First place pulled away but I'm happy with my second place finish.

Nations Cup - qualified 10th, finished 2nd. Excellent race 1379 pts.
MFG Series - qualified 5th, finished 5th. Crazy race 1320 pts.

my view going into the last corner on lap 25... i wish i saved the replay just so i could pull this up in photomode.
NX3oHBpnEhY4KcmzzjKwkwrotYo8aghcoMOu048vuhxuchH7zrv6luT64zv-OklhNFTS_dJ_AnJqZe5JrTLztKWEUaO7rMl5xdiUpDv3wnp32ZqeQP1POSsXQtm6ql3FC1QQ1OPt5fFzLYqzbF4hF4xGzHmq0sPuthYkO6PAGEVONwDgbm7k4wdhhKIIaVh4-FeTLIZJ1Fx9jK6mq2jQS220-EwtG0tzNW4vWCtL-4wm9nayr5F8ZFta7fECe7sN2g2GvBO_dkXdgd0rew6iCVm0IrXHBXyXMtCezwabNO0xvzkP_g5rpVuOOehHcIxlGqRd-XeQDIepDWY9mjmJ_KLnF8L16CtX4qhkRfv2HNzHMk8yu9m0AXCiHvHD9tWIizsmE_PPjSlI4eoMC8rzxhe2QL8pG1492X6YLJhRgMYI6-1igkPJcrS0oPfUuIaN-CAjV3XjdvFItb1KSfOBa5xT4sug4tyv4rbgmZbuLFnAZ0AkgNVFMPhAholf4jY75cKVW7ZpMlDXAy6ZC51UuDYxjDxouS6Sc3kZu7RJP27rJM79MPI9Z18H6jQQUoPRC2VwQAOx3upqTle6lDvw3TWRSB-uzALFH5nSwnmyh14msp5Xzhk_faYUePPdLBv0Mndwjno9NcHQZcj5swD_wPRSJAk7gfyG=w1362-h766-no

link to that moment... it didn't go smoothly lol

Bonus link: @bloodyboyblue here's the moment your race ended :( i saw it all unfold in my radar. It's actually a really entertaining race to watch.

Last edited:
Nations race went exactly how i predicted. I just needed a good qualify to make the strategy work, and i got it! Citroen is love, Citroen is life.

Manufacturers was terrible. I only did the race to guarantee my 24SS spot. I hate ovals, my Citroen also hate ovals, and the amount of hits i got in the first laps was insane. Dropped all the way to last at some point.

Last edited:
After looking over my Nations race, I don't agree at all with my "penalty" at the second chicane. Also, how did I pull off 4th again? :boggled:

In Blue Moon track yesterday, thanks to new penalty system. I was doing OK, started to race in 9th position, during 4th position in 5th lap i got hit by probably the greatest dive bomber in GT Sport with full speed that made me spin 4 times. I couldn't even recover the car and finished in last poisiton. That dude finished the race in 2nd position with 0 penalties.

He intentionally did not break and went at me with full speed in 3rd gear corner, wow.

I am not even going to talk about my Blue Moon Bay race, I will let the video link I post later speak my thoughts on that race but it completed destroyed any enthusiasm to race.

Suffice to say it doesn't seem to have hurt my overall standings too much as I am ranking 196th for Nissan and Regional Ranking for EU is 2179.

481 Points in the Manufacturers Championship so far.

Nations Cup however is going very well.

Again I will provide the video link later when it finishes uploading but I started in 18th place and finished 8th in my race at Monza so I have a total of 644 points in the championship and am ranked 255th in the UK and 1956th in the EU rankings so overall I have good standings going into race 4
as guess everyone experienced the new penalty system for the first time.

NOT looking forward to the Grp1 race on Saturady at Maggiore but Dragons Trail should be OK.

Only did Manufacturers Race : ( no Monza because...it’s Monza :lol: )

And i Loooove Blue Moon Bay ! ( yes yes call me a fool but i love this track ! :lol: )

In Qualy i found a German Draft partner driving a McLaren ( kudos to him i don’t remember his/her name ) we were in the top 5 climbing to the pole and...a guy ahead of brake on the racing line and destroyed our TGV :banghead:
So started 10 th

Race :
Nothing just staying outside of the lead pack in 10th place because they battling very hard ! No risk for me saving fuel and tyres.
Pit stop on 13/25 up to 7th place continue saving till 5 last laps where #THE WRX POWER kicks in ! :mischievous: Fuel Map 1 and overtakings
Finished 3rd on the slipstream of 1st and 2nd ! :dopey:

I’m loving this WRX Gr3 more and more !

( penalty system was good on this race because when i was behind a guy who smash the wall and Hit him we receive nothing! With the old system 100 % i will eat a 10s pen ( A/S driver ) and my race will be ruined so no complain at the moment )

My FIA race at Blue moon was going well... until I tested the new penalty adjustments.

so far:

little touches=nothing
side to side pushing=10 seconds penalty

I had someone beside me, and to be honest I should have let him pass because he was 2% faster than me (and if someone is slightly faster than you is better to let him go to avoid silly fights.

At the end we both ended with penalties, I got like 20 seconds, end of the race for me. I didn't change tyres to make it more interesting.

Funny thing is, I enter after that in a daily race and it went phenomenal, I got a lot of DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back