FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth having a look at the Citroën Gt for the manufacturers. Tyres hold on really well and fuel is great. Not sure how fast it is but seemed to be reasonable. Saying that, I was 15 secs back from the winner in a M4, so what do I know :lol:

No way I'm skipping Tokyo East when I have the Jag. Very slim chance of winning against the fuel saving OP cars but I have to try. I think I have my car to use for Nations but I expect a struggle.

The jag in the manus might have a chance I know I will be short shifting most race try to make up some time in the pits

So what are people picking for the Nations at Maggiore?

I tried the Scirocco and Alfa 4C today.

Scirocco - Handles fantastically, but scrabbling for grip even on the straight, FF will be a problem in the long run but I was faster than in the Alfa.
Alfa - Handles great but prone to being tail happy.

Don't think the Megane will hack it on the long back straight and sweeping corners after that. Not tested yet though. I wonder if 4WD would allow more daring moves on the inside or outside of people in various corners here during a race. Often with FR or MR drivetrains you are somewhat committed in terms of not being able to cut back without a speed or control loss.

So what are people picking for the Nations at Maggiore?

I tried the Scirocco and Alfa 4C today.

Scirocco - Handles fantastically, but scrabbling for grip even on the straight, FF will be a problem in the long run but I was faster than in the Alfa.
Alfa - Handles great but prone to being tail happy.

Don't think the Megane will hack it on the long back straight and sweeping corners after that. Not tested yet though. I wonder if 4WD would allow more daring moves on the inside or outside of people in various corners here during a race. Often with FR or MR drivetrains you are somewhat committed in terms of not being able to cut back without a speed or control loss.
I'm a happy NSX user here. Best quali with fuel so far is a high 1:28 so it's no slouch. I'vealso heard great things about its fuel, which is mainly why I chose it

Last edited:
Just did first practice lobby race, used the cayman decent on tyres but didn’t seem great on fuel though.

Set fastest lap at a 1.28.7 so not bad but not great either. The dirty air in the last sector though!!! Really upsets the car especially last corner!!

No way I'm skipping Tokyo East when I have the Jag. Very slim chance of winning against the fuel saving OP cars but I have to try. I think I have my car to use for Nations but I expect a struggle.

Well, Jomas in map 4 is as fast as me in map 1 in the straights :lol:

I think my fastest time was a 1:28.4 in the Audi TT, but don't know if the tyres will last. Will need to try a few proper races tonight to see what the race pace is like. Figure it will be a toss up between Veyron, Audi TT and Cayman but am unsure whether the good tyres on the GT86 might be worth a look.
I had good times with TT in Free practice, I was quite happy with it, but when I tested it in race conditions I was really dissapointed, the front tyres really slow me down after5-6 laps, the car became very understeer :(

Unfortunately that is the curse of the FF cars. They have great acceleration onto straights out of slow corners, but they do eat the tyres. VW Scirocco is probably the best on tyres, but it doesn't have the same oomph. You could try putting traction control to 1, as Tidgney seemed to think that worked for his pug tyre destroyer.

Veyron also looked a bit like a tyre destroyer judging by the hard time I was giving a good driver at the end of the 1st stint. Leaves everyone with a big choice for the race as to whether 1 lap pace is worth the degradation later on. Should see a lot of different car choices I think.

I think for the next season, I'm going to be going with Hyundai as my manu. Both the gr3 and 4 cars are easy to drive and pretty good on fuel. I know I've used the gr.3 car alot in nations races this year, and I'll be using the gr.4 tonight. I guess it's time to see how they hold up. They seem to be under rated cars

I'm a happy NSX user here. Best quali with fuel so far is a high 1:28 so it's no slouch. I'vealso heard great things about its fuel, which is mainly why I chose it

Well I guess it's the NSX for me tonight then for Nations, I am still undecided about the tires though as not very confident on the 1 stop
strategy tonight so I guess I am going to have to call it as the race progresses.

I am not sure why but I feel calm and confident for tonight's Tokyo Expressway race in the manufactuers series .

I think for the next season, I'm going to be going with Hyundai as my manu. Both the gr3 and 4 cars are easy to drive and pretty good on fuel. I know I've used the gr.3 car alot in nations races this year, and I'll be using the gr.4 tonight. I guess it's time to see how they hold up. They seem to be under rated cars

I think it's way too early to start thinking about the next Manufacturer contract. There could be some major BoP, fuel, and tire wear changes before then.

For nations at least expect a right mess. At least the first race was. Crashes all over the place from the first corner onwards. I have no idea how I got through that mess unscathed. The replay shows the seas parted....

The laptimes are all pretty close but different cars are faster in different parts of the track with slipstream making up for any differences. Very hard to pass though.

I've already had some dude message me after the race accusing me of hitting them twice. I politely informed this player that they hit me once and their other collision was by another player. Someone needs to take their frustration out elsewhere....

No penalties all race here, not that it means too much with this system.

@Rangeraus first top split was 1st, 2nd Cayman, then a solitary NSX (not mine) then another Cayman I think then it got mixed up a bit more but mostly Cayman.

Last edited:
Well I guess it's the NSX for me tonight then for Nations, I am still undecided about the tires though as not very confident on the 1 stop
strategy tonight so I guess I am going to have to call it as the race progresses.

I am not sure why but I feel calm and confident for tonight's Tokyo Expressway race in the manufactuers series .
I ended up using the Veyron. I figured that since most people would probably use the Cayman, I should beat them very early into the race and hopefully race off into the distance

It almost worked, aaaaalmostttt :lol:
I qualified 3rd with a 1:29.092 behind a Cayman and a Viper. Got first before the first pit stop but I can't shake the Viper so I did an extremely calculated risk* of doing an undercut in the lead. It worked, sort of. I mean, I gained 3/10ths so yeah :lol:

Late race is when the Caymans and Vipers really started to shine. I struggled horribly with tires and dropped to fourth. No regrets with that race though,happily taking 1658 points with me :)

Last edited:
I ended up using the Veyron. I figured that since most people would probably use the Cayman, I should beat them very early into the race and hopefully race off into the distance

It almost worked, aaaaalmostttt :lol:
I qualified 3rd with a 1:28.092 behind a Cayman and a Viper. Got first before the first pit stop but I can't shake the Viper so I did an extremely calculated risk* of doing an undercut in the lead. It worked, sort of. I mean, I gained 3/10ths so yeah :lol:

Late race is when the Caymans and Vipers really started to shine. I struggled horribly with tires and dropped to fourth. No regrets with that race though,happily taking 1658 points with me :)

Well done but that leaves me thinking if you struggled with tires late on and dropped to fourth then I will most certainly struggle, depending
on traffic is it worth the gamble to take a splash and dash for tyres, hmm, this is a difficult call to make.

That said I'm eager to try out the Viper too so who knows maybe I shall go with that, I have a few hours to decide at least.

Race the Cayman, its OP. NSX is close 2nd.

My lambo sort of kept up but used so much more fuel.

As for the Manufacturers - same Australian guy from TRL who took me out a few weeks ago took it upon himself to try and take every person out at least once, as I'm sure you will see when Nik Makozi's stream gets put here. I got a great view of the destruction after lap 1 but accumulated 15 secs of penalties turn 1 lap 1 courtesy of the moron(s)

I think it's way too early to start thinking about the next Manufacturer contract. There could be some major BoP, fuel, and tire wear changes before then.
It is, but it's one of the manus I'm going to be strongly considering. I don't forsee any massive BoP changes to these cars since they aren't used very often, but seem to be fairly competitive.

What times are we looking at for Manufacturers Race ? Pace wise. I did a few test runs under race Conditions over the past days, and was constantly between 22‘46,9 and 22‘47,8 on average.

What times are we looking at for Manufacturers Race ? Pace wise. I did a few test runs under race Conditions over the past days, and was constantly between 22‘46,9 and 22‘47,8 on average.
My best was 22:44.2 (FL 2:00.9).
But when you add slipstream kraken, it will go +-15sec.

My best was 22:44.2 (FL 2:00.9).
But when you add slipstream kraken, it will go +-15sec.
Ah cool, i did that times all without Slipstream as i mostly drove on my own at the front. My fastest laptime was a 1‘59,7 with a bit of slipstream on the final lap. But in General I set my pace to a 2‘01,1 - 2‘01,5

Due to busy work recently, joined my 1st nation race this season. No practice before but just want to drive my Cayman as many of GTPer said Cayman is good on this track. Match in a close A+/A lobby 1s separated the first to last. Started 16th and finished at 19th. Probably this was my one and only one nation race this season. Good luck to all GTPers.:cheers:
A42689D9-FF8E-4E2D-9BE1-E38AA47E37E2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back