FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!

I don't have access to a wheel so i will have 0 practice on it. I have no idea how i'll perform, but seeing what new wheel users need to get up to speed, i don't have high expectations. Just flying to europe and meeting a lot of new places and people will be worth the trip!

T-GT is a great wheel for a first timer, get so much feedback it feels pretty natural straight away. Also, if the Nurburgring event is anything to go by there'll be no shortage of help and advice from people more familiar with the wheel which will help. People who take a long time to adjust to the wheel tend to make the same mistakes (big one is putting force feedback up way too high so it clips), so that advice will come in very useful. I saw being a pad user as a perfect excuse tbh incase things went badly, just get chatting to @Jimmy B and he'll mention that you play normally with a pad so if you're seen spinning off in the background people will be more sympathetic :lol:. Of course, if you're part of the winning team like I was it makes you look really good even if you're slightly carried :sly:

Despite just an hour's total practice with the wheel I was faster than 4 of the regular wheel users in the RB Junior quali session for the Semi Finals (5 technically but that was helped by me accidentally murdering @mclarenLB which he may or may not have gotten over by now). If they've taken our feedback into consideration from then which by the early signs they have, we should be getting more practice time so that'll help us even more.

T-GT is a great wheel for a first timer, get so much feedback it feels pretty natural straight away. Also, if the Nurburgring event is anything to go by there'll be no shortage of help and advice from people more familiar with the wheel which will help. People who take a long time to adjust to the wheel tend to make the same mistakes (big one is putting force feedback up way too high so it clips), so that advice will come in very useful. I saw being a pad user as a perfect excuse tbh incase things went badly, just get chatting to @Jimmy B and he'll mention that you play normally with a pad so if you're seen spinning off in the background people will be more sympathetic :lol:. Of course, if you're part of the winning team like I was it makes you look really good even if you're slightly carried :sly:

Despite just an hour's total practice with the wheel I was faster than 4 of the regular wheel users in the RB Junior quali session for the Semi Finals (5 technically but that was helped by me accidentally murdering @mclarenLB which he may or may not have gotten over by now). If they've taken our feedback into consideration from then which by the early signs they have, we should be getting more practice time so that'll help us even more.
I'm surely hoping for more practice time than the first World Tour. Browsing through the names, I don't think I'm the slowest but I need every bit of seat time just to put up a good fight. I'll be practicing multiple combos over the next few days just in case.

Oh, and absolutely I'll be happy to help in any way any controller users out there. The only caveat is that I'm a G29 user and so I have a small adjustment period myself. Now, I had the same thing happen with GT Academy going from Logitech to Thrustmaster and I will say I think I was actually faster.

Now, I'll admit I haven't even looked at the Saturday FIA races yet. It dawned on me that the trip means that I'll be missing a few. Whoops!

I'm surely hoping for more practice time than the first World Tour. Browsing through the names, I don't think I'm the slowest but I need every bit of seat time just to put up a good fight. I'll be practicing multiple combos over the next few days just in case.

Oh, and absolutely I'll be happy to help in any way any controller users out there. The only caveat is that I'm a G29 user and so I have a small adjustment period myself. Now, I had the same thing happen with GT Academy going from Logitech to Thrustmaster and I will say I think I was actually faster.

Now, I'll admit I haven't even looked at the Saturday FIA races yet. It dawned on me that the trip means that I'll be missing a few. Whoops!

I’m a g29 user as well and I barely snuck into the Pfaff Canadian championship at the start of the year, and they used the T-GT there and I found adjusting to it was super easy so I’m sure you’ll do fine, just don’t set the force feedback tooo high. Good luck pal!

You're only going to miss out on Round 4 of the Exhibitions (Nations N300 at DTG and Manufacturers Gr.3 at NGP), or probably Round 3 as well (Nations Gr.2 at RBR GP and Manufacturers Gr.4 at DTS).

It's so bizarre driving a GR4 on RS.
Not a big fan of the GR4 Lexus but managed my normal of ~1s off the top time in Americas region at a 2:24.4 so maybe it will be ok.
I'm going to get killed in the long swooping corners though.

Hey I only do FIA Manufacturer so how do I maintain my S rank? Is being top 10 for that manufacturer the only way?

Metal Gear music concert?? Cool!
I seem to recall one of the themes were in copyright infringement or something but does that apply to live performances??
It's an official concert with Donna Burke and KONAMI is the organizer.

Weren't you offered to drive with DS4, but all of you pad users rejected?

I qualified on DS4 but have a G29.

Basically I've got two weeks to learn as much as I can - to other people in similar situation, it is easier than you think to make the transition, and you might even surprise yourself and end up faster.

There are parts of the track i'm already faster in certain cars and its purely down to change in technique. But above all its about having fun at the event when you're there!

I had a go at both the nations and manufactures races this time out
I’m A+ Btw
The Mini was something I couldn’t do very well in at all I qualified 18th
The tuning meant I was lost
The only thing I did well with the tuning was I made my first gear a bit shorter so off the line I gained 6 or 7 positions

The race was really fun and I seemed to be managing the tyre well and ended up finishing P9 which tbh I was well happy with

For manufactures I chose Mercedes, firstly because I have a really like the livery I made for the Gr3 car (and suit to match) and secondly I did quite like the merc at Nurburgring recently in the weekly races

Austria I do well better at with these track limits for sure, T1 I’m very consistent and my style is quite easy on tyres

I did two laps of practice I think I did a 31 but could definitely knock a second off with a smooth lap

Qualified P6 was only a couple of tenths off of P2 which was annoying I think my time was 1:30.3, pole was a 29.6

First two corners managed to get through 3 cars and felt good and was held up behind a viper, I was really on the limit trying to outbreak him so was really difficult to make the move stick

Once I did I settled in then realised fuel wasn’t a problem about 4 laps in, I’d been short shifting up until then.
I dropped about 5 secs back from the leader I think maybe less, my tyres weren’t too bad and to me there it is quite easy to be careful with the tyres so I did the opposite of him. So he pitted and I stayed out and lead until the penultimate lap (unfortunately I picked up a penalty for cutting the final turn my bad)
On the first left handed T5 he went all the way around the outside and tbh by this stage it was like bambi on ice with the tyres.
I held on to second but the penalty knocked me down to 3rd so not bad tbh in a high ish ranked lobby I guess got like 1900 points I think which is good for me

But above all its about having fun at the event when you're there!

This, this, o and did I say this?

I think i'm on double digits now of events I've either taken part in or at least had a race at live... Just have fun and enjoy the experience. ANYTHING can happen at the live events, and as we don't know the combos you could get your best, or could get your worst? Just enjoy it :)!

Oh. My. God. Just had a race with freaking gilles_honda_v12, @Alpha Cipher , @Sidawg2 , @Lion-Face , @sundaydriving , @JayOTT , and @speedychicken !!

:cheers:

Apologies to @Sidawg2. I suffered a throttle spike coming out of the next corner which is only karma. :lol: I sat there for a bit thinking wtf just happened. Thought it might be lag, as that was hell through T1 but no, a pedal spike.

Rest of the race was a fun catching and passing the field from dead last. Someone unghosted right in front of me at the end of the 3rd lap and had to pit for damage right away which then also completely ruined my strategy. I was going to go RH -> RM at end of lap 8 but ended up doing RH->RH->RM.

Good fun being on RMs at the end when everyone else is sliding around on RH.

:cheers:

Apologies to @Sidawg2. I suffered a throttle spike coming out of the next corner which is only karma. :lol: I sat there for a bit thinking wtf just happened. Thought it might be lag, as that was hell through T1 but no, a pedal spike.

Rest of the race was a fun catching and passing the field from dead last. Someone unghosted right in front of me at the end of the 3rd lap and had to pit for damage right away which then also completely ruined my strategy. I was going to go RH -> RM at end of lap 8 but ended up doing RH->RH->RM.
Haha well yeah, I made a great start and was slotting into p2 and got clobbered, had rear suspension damage and my car was like a drift car for the 4 laps before I pitted. What could have been. All good though that stuff happens.

Was still a good race though! Kept accumulating penalties which was pretty frustrating but oh well.

This new Pirelli tyre formula is killing me. Can we go back to the old tyre model pretty please? I never had problems looking after the tyres back then.

In other words, does anyone know how to avoid murdering the front tyres on a DS4?
Dude it was phenomenal!!! :D I can't express my complete joy right now! I'm calling it right now that was my highlight of the Season :D
I can't contain myself! Follow up post to follow soon as soon as I upload the video :) and when I'm calmer :lol:
That was a great drive from you Cipher, congratulations. Even after repairing damage from what was a clumsy hit, I still couldn't match your pace. I was hoping to claim one back in the Manufacturers but got put in the 'top split of death' and in any case was forced to two stop a 7 lap race.

Last edited:
Reply to the email they'll sent you asking for a picture of your passport telling your situation.

I got the final invitation for World Tour 10 days ago, i had no passport. Begun the process of taking one in the same day i got the invite, explained my situation, and just today i got my passport. PD waited for me all the way, was pretty awesome from them.
okay i will reply to the email i received, thanks for the info :)

Thought I'd have a nice Manufacturer race. Qualified 15/19. Was going fine. Made up a couple spots.

Into lap 3, the GT-Rs were struggling. The pack of us from around 10-13 were bunching up to the lead pack. I was following a GT-R. It stays far right and brakes a bit early for one of the fast left hand u-turns. Caught me out and I dove inside, as only the barriers were to the right.
Cleared the GT-R and collided with a Cayman.
I only had bumper damage no penalty. As I let the Cayman and a couple cars pass me, to settle up and make it right, the Cayman starts smashing me. More damage and the rest of the entrants pass us. Instead of moving on, we(takes two to tango) have a destruction derby again.
First time I called someone an 🤬 in the game. I don't accept or give apologies. I just vent. Stuff happens.

@JayOTT sorry about that manufacturer race, i like swerved in between you and monkey man, apparently worked cause i didn't hear any crash sound until i hit the wall, but then i saw monkeyman in the wall, i should really apologise to him too, not sure if he's here though

Yeah was carnage at the start for sure. I started 15th after being somewhat blocked on my flyer. I avoided the damage at the start and began to make up places. @Alpha Cipher you had a great race, did you stop? I couldn't work it out as I didn't see you on my screen. Really good job from 11th!

Really enjoying the strategies and tire mix ups that are happening. I wish fuel would be reintroduced as a factor also. Loving the heavy damage too, well, at least till I get punted. Hard luck @Sidawg2 you had great pace in the Audi.

My view from my stream below. (starts at beginning of race, crazy first couple of laps)

That was a great drive from you Cipher, congratulations. Even after repairing damage from what was a clumsy hit, I still couldn't match your pace. I was hoping to claim one back in the Manufacturers but got put in the 'top split of death' and in any case was forced to two stop a 7 lap race.

@Alpha Cipher ^ agreed you shot up that nations race good work

Oh. My. God. Just had a race with freaking gilles_honda_v12, @Alpha Cipher , @Sidawg2 , @Lion-Face , @sundaydriving , @JayOTT , and @speedychicken !!
nice racing you, welcome hahaha

@Alpha Cipher ^ agreed you shot up that nations race good work
Thank you! ^^
Yeah was carnage at the start for sure. I started 15th after being somewhat blocked on my flyer. I avoided the damage at the start and began to make up places. @Alpha Cipher you had a great race, did you stop? I couldn't work it out as I didn't see you on my screen. Really good job from 11th!

Really enjoying the strategies and tire mix ups that are happening. I wish fuel would be reintroduced as a factor also. Loving the heavy damage too, well, at least till I get punted. Hard luck @Sidawg2 you had great pace in the Audi.

My view from my stream below. (starts at beginning of race, crazy first couple of laps)

Yup, I did a one-stop: RH -> RH
That particular car is really easy on RH but immediately kills RMs. In hindsight I could've lasted the race with a no stop, but gilles would've probably caught up to me otherwise :)

Haven’t played a lot recently. Tonight got chance to join the last manu session after F1 qualifying. Not much to say about my
race. It was end in 35s after the red light go off. I was heavily punished by the heavy damage setting. Around 1min behind P1 after pitted for repair. In the end finished at 16. :nervous:

Lost pace and passion after FIA season 2.:ouch:
Anyway good luck to all GTPers.:gtpflag:
FEF4FD27-C661-46DC-95DC-81DF59FEB97F.jpeg

A combination of Maggiore Turn 1, heavy damage, standing start and a playerbase where even a lot of A+ guys struggle with Gr1 = many deaths :lol:

Managed to run away and hide for some of the easiest 2,500+ points I've picked up in a while! Guy in 4th in the first stint was on Mediums and had absolutely zero pace, had 20 seconds on him and the pack behind by Lap 5 and it's about a 10-12 second pit time without damage, no stop is a few seconds slower I believe.

Beginning to like the Lambo's.

Qualified punching way above my weight, with a 2:26.0xx, starting 2nd. Knew I was in for a tough ride with tyre wear the Lambo has a strong first lap, an ok second lap, a poor third and the fourth is just torture. With having to split the race with 4Laps - pit - 3 Laps knew I stood a good chance of losing places in the first stint, all in all though, a straight forward race, limiting first stint losses to one position and overtaking a no stopper to regain 3rd, happy with tonight's points haul of 19xx.

Small miracle happened in 1st slot manu.

You drove an absolute clean race, and rono_thomas was tough like a nut, I couldn’t crack him. I had an aero damage on first lap after the 3rd corner.
Beginning to like the Lambo's.

Qualified punching way above my weight, with a 2:26.0xx, starting 2nd. Knew I was in for a tough ride with tyre wear the Lambo has a strong first lap, an ok second lap, a poor third and the fourth is just torture. With having to split the race with 4Laps - pit - 3 Laps knew I stood a good chance of losing places in the first stint, all in all though, a straight forward race, limiting first stint losses to one position and overtaking a no stopper to regain 3rd, happy with tonight's points haul of 19xx.

Man that was some good racing, i just couldn’t find a way to get past. Good defending. After we entered the pits, I had to get my aero damage repaired which cost me another 3 Seconds.
But a super clean and respectful race. Congrats to you Men :cheers:

Disastrous races for me today...In Nations I got collected by an accident happening near me, damaging my ugly Puggo pretty much beyond repair (considering the time needed to get it fixed). Drove like that for a while, pitted on lap 6. Three corners later I crashed dodging another player rejoining the track -> car for the bin again, came in last, lapped and grumpy.

In Manufacturers I risked the no-stopper on mediums, but it wasn't to be as the SLS still devours front tires like crazy. Went from 3rd to 12th in the last 1.5 laps. A day to forget I guess :indiff:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back