FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great move by PD to extend qualifying from 10 to 12 minutes for Le Mans. Gives you enough time to do more than one flying l- oh no wait, it doesn't. Especially when you need to spend six minutes limping round on a set of Medium tyres to keep any life in them.

Qualified 5th, finished 3rd. Pitted on lap 2 along with the guy who had been in 3rd, the top two didn't. No idea how they managed to stay out on one set of tyres. I could've made some time up towards the end but in the last half of the lap I ended up in a battle with three other cars. Had a great send into the Mulsanne hairpin where the GT-R seems better on its brakes than anything else, and into the left hander at the end of that straight after the hairpin. The rest of the lap was a complete riot, including one clown trying to ghost a penalty directly on the racing line, and another one getting five seconds for ramming into the back of me while trying an undercut.

Great race, shame about the tyres. More Le Mans, please. And a lot less Brands Hatch.

Surprisingly in my Nations race the majority was A+/S- Drivers, because normaly in FIA races the grid is even and I have "only" A-drivers.

Perhaps because it was the last slot.

Well then, qualified 10th or so something and after some laps, a top driver who was fallen back and now reached me, just braked to late and bumped me into the sand. No apologize, nothing. From the distance, I saw he got 5 sec penalty. Well, what do I have of it?

We really need the penalty serving system shown in Salzburg!

Luckily I managed to finish 10th and not so much in the back.

I received mine tonight, crazy ;)

So, myself and @RoadBeef got it Thursday night. You got it tonight. I am wondering if all non-S who fulfill the requirements are now getting them, or are we being put on reserve or something in case some people drop out of the Finals or a World Tour event? Honestly I was expecting a flurry of posts from non-S drivers here with the news that we had been "upgraded" to S status. But so far only us three have posted.

I wonder what's going on...

133DFB1E-A4F7-4B34-868D-D09FFC1E2B8E.png

Realise theres a few names missing and probably these results are a little optimistic, considering these are the only races I’ve used the Lambo for I’m fairly happy.

Reckon I’ll look at something a little more stable that doesn’t try to kill you for the next run of races, but TBH the lambo is a fun car to race, it would be brilliant if it didn’t eat its rubber every race.

So, 15 laps at Brands Hatch was definitely interesting... Started 1st, and got punted within the first 2 corners. At first I though the Porsche behind had done it, but there was more to the story - lag caused the Porsche to shoot forward; after a Mercedes hit it. That caused me to go off the track and drop to 12th. My rear was also damaged, so I had to contend with that for a while. I eventually made it back up to 2nd, after dealing with a few idiots.

A more sedate Saturday night. I did the first Manufacturer's slot and ended up getting pole by over two seconds. I pulled away early and tried to manage my pace to save the tires but 2nd decided to keep me honest. Pushed too hard in the Ford chicane and earned myself almost four seconds of penalties. Thankfully, I had a good enough gap that I spent the next two laps getting rid of it. Comfortable win but obviously poor points.

Nations had two fast guys and I figured I had a shot for the pole. However, I only practiced one flyer and so I messed up at least two corners. Started 3rd and I could've squeezed myself into the lead but decided to back off. Apparently, the Lexus ahead of me and the 911 behind me were on mediums while I was on hards. Had about the worst case scenario where the Lexus got the lead and helped pull the Beetle along while I had to fend off the car behind me. Eventually, the Lexus tires fell off and I was about to catch up. He went a bit wide off the final corner and figured that was my chance to take the spot. Looked like he was actually trying to pit and that really slowed me down. Then it happened again later in the race when he was going for a two stop strategy and had to come in. It didn't really matter since 2nd was all I could get.

It's hard to gauge whether my World Tour experience has made me faster. I do know that I know for a certainty I can go faster. The question is whether I can do it when it matters.

I didn't get the memo that the manufacturers race was a no stop race...

I was fighting for a podium after starting 7th and I was GOING to pit on lap 2, but at the last second I noticed that nobody else was coming with me. I rejoined the track in panic, completely missed the braking point and soared across the Ford chicane. Got teleported back on the track with a 2 second penalty and dropped back to 14th. I could've fought my way back up to 8th but I had an off into Indianapolis on Lap 3 and only made my way up to 9th.

Really embarassing mistake on my part, but honestly I fail to see the point in having two different compounds available for the race when it's a no-stop race. If that's how the race is going to turn out, why not just have hards? 👎

I had a really intense race, after overshooting T1 I went back to P8, but managed to recover back to 2nd before the end of the first stint! The second stint I just looked out for my tyres to make sure that I'd keep my position! :P

I noticed a pattern: In all of my races I fall back at the start and end up recovering some positions... I need to work on this "beginning focus"!

This has to be my best overall finish to date!! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I received mine tonight, crazy ;)

So, myself and @RoadBeef got it Thursday night. You got it tonight. I am wondering if all non-S who fulfill the requirements are now getting them, or are we being put on reserve or something in case some people drop out of the Finals or a World Tour event? Honestly I was expecting a flurry of posts from non-S drivers here with the news that we had been "upgraded" to S status. But so far only us three have posted.

I wonder what's going on...

Got mine too. I guess they were just taking their sweet time. Better late than never!

:D:cheers:

Manufacturer. Big mess 2 first laps and like always peoples wanting to pass at any cost , when the pack go slower in slow turns ... slamming , ramming ..... A dirty canadian guy do a real pit maneuver in a slow right , i had a car right in front , the driver behind after beginning his pit maneuver didn' t even stop accelerate till i was side way . He push me till i ghost and pass.
He broke all my rear end and rear wheel . Undrivable. I had to stop to repair and finish 16. Not even a sorry from him.
Not a fun night at all.

Finally got a good Nations race on the calendar so i had to go for it. With the higher tyre wear multiplier i can not drive MR cars so i picked the Bettle. Good little car, fun to drive.

For Manu i'm stuck with Aston, and the Vantage was an absolute beast here. Tyre wear was critical, but the speed compensated that.

It's hard to gauge whether my World Tour experience has made me faster.

I guess after tasting that pressure, the pressure when playing at home is like kitty cat, and perhaps thats the feeling you have.

Years ago I played for several years pool billard as a member of a club with little championchips and leagues and so on. The brider the audience was the more was my hand shaking in the begining.
I'm sure that experiences helped me staying more calm under stress, but sometimes still get to nervous though...

absolute nightmare for me yesterday, wasn't expecting much tbh but wasn't expecting it to go as badly as this!

qualified 7th in the Manufacturers, which given that included 3.4s of penalties isn't too bad, could have been in the top 3 maybe but 7th was fine. lost a place in T1, got a tap in T2 that i didn't even notice but damaged my rear aero and rear right suspension (from a tap? really?) so that compromised me somewhat, steadily lost places until the second long straight on L2 where the car in front of me broke earlier than i expected so i smacked the back of him (no penalty so maybe the game thought he was brake checking me rather than just early?), and then after the chicane he ran me up against the wall and span me off, leaving me last with a ruined car. pitted to fix damage, made a few places, lost them due to ruined tyres and finished last. great.

was really annoyed going into the Nations race and thought about not doing it, but gave it a go anyway. messed up quali to put me 17th, car in front of me on the grid span, someone else span, someone drove into the back of me and within about 10 seconds of the start pretty much my entire car was damaged. awesome. pitted to fix it, dropped to last, got more damage when someone went off and hit me as they came back onto the track, span, got very annoyed and nearly rage quit but didn't in the end. pitted with a couple of laps to go for fresh mediums to see if i could do the fastest lap, 0.3s off so not terrible but finished 18th and last

84 points in two races and 2.6k DR points down the drain :banghead:

absolute nightmare for me yesterday, wasn't expecting much tbh but wasn't expecting it to go as badly as this!

qualified 7th in the Manufacturers, which given that included 3.4s of penalties isn't too bad, could have been in the top 3 maybe but 7th was fine. lost a place in T1, got a tap in T2 that i didn't even notice but damaged my rear aero and rear right suspension (from a tap? really?) so that compromised me somewhat, steadily lost places until the second long straight on L2 where the car in front of me broke earlier than i expected so i smacked the back of him (no penalty so maybe the game thought he was brake checking me rather than just early?), and then after the chicane he ran me up against the wall and span me off, leaving me last with a ruined car. pitted to fix damage, made a few places, lost them due to ruined tyres and finished last. great.

was really annoyed going into the Nations race and thought about not doing it, but gave it a go anyway. messed up quali to put me 17th, car in front of me on the grid span, someone else span, someone drove into the back of me and within about 10 seconds of the start pretty much my entire car was damaged. awesome. pitted to fix it, dropped to last, got more damage when someone went off and hit me as they came back onto the track, span, got very annoyed and nearly rage quit but didn't in the end. pitted with a couple of laps to go for fresh mediums to see if i could do the fastest lap, 0.3s off so not terrible but finished 18th and last

84 points in two races and 2.6k DR points down the drain :banghead:

Three things for you to consider.

1. Time penalties are not designed to just fit the crime, they contain a deterrent and it has to be significant enough to stop players from abusing them.
  2. Different parts of the road at La Sarthe have different levels of grip, thats whats causing the car to drift under braking, you can confirm this by staying wide for braking at the second chicane and the car will drift in the opposite direction to what you experienced for the first chicane.
  3. A number of times you commented a car appeared out of no where, this is because you soley relying on the radar to provide warning of approaching cars, and its inadequate, if your racing in a view without a rear view then you really need to be using look back to get an idea of what is happening behind you.

Last edited:
Season 2 gimmicks:

Nations R1: Kyoto Miyabi x 25 laps
NR2: Group X (so F1???), open setup
NR3: open N500
NR4: Fuji is a new track I guess
NR5: open N300, comfort softs, weak slipstream (seems to be a pattern with slower production cars)
NR6: seems normal? maybe weird tire choices?
NR7: One make something, Comfort Softs, 35x tire wear
NR8: Nurburgring full course

harder to tell with Nations, presumably they're messing with the tires again
MR3: Blue Moon, 1x fuel consumption

Seems to be mostly back to rolling starts but the heavy damage is staying

Season 2 gimmicks:

Nations R1: Kyoto Miyabi x 25 laps
NR2: Group X (so F1???), open setup
NR3: open N500
NR4: Fuji is a new track I guess
NR5: open N300, comfort softs, weak slipstream (seems to be a pattern with slower production cars)
NR6: seems normal? maybe weird tire choices?
NR7: One make something, Comfort Softs, 35x tire wear
NR8: Nurburgring full course

harder to tell with Nations, presumably they're messing with the tires again
MR3: Blue Moon, 1x fuel consumption

Seems to be mostly back to rolling starts but the heavy damage is staying
The F1 race at Suzuka is in line with the real life Japanese Grand Prix
The same for gr.1 at Fuji being in line with the WEC race there

Three things for you to consider.

1. Time penalties are not designed to just fit the crime, they contain a deterrent and it has to be significant enough to stop players from abusing them.
  2. Different parts of the road at La Sarthe have different levels of grip, thats whats causing the car to drift under braking, you can confirm this by staying wide for braking at the second chicane and the car will drift in the opposite direction to what you experienced for the first chicane.
  3. A number of times you commented a car appeared out of no where, this is because you soley relying on the radar to provide warning of approaching cars, and its inadequate, if your racing in a view without a rear view then you really need to be using look back to get an idea of what is happening behind you.

1. yep i know that. was dumb from me anyway, i know you can't cut those corners as much as i did, no idea why i even tried, or did it twice!
2. funnily enough the second chicane was one that i never had any problem with whatsoever, first chicane i found that if i stayed in 5th gear i'd usually be fine and if i went up to 6th i'd usually go left. so obviously i kept going up to 6th... never had it at any other track though so that's what was catching me off guard
3. i might try the bumper cam as i can't do cockpit view - mirror would be helpful though, don't see why they couldn't pop one on the bonnet view as well though, not like there isn't a massive empty space up there!

Good thing on this yesterday game update, you can now finish the qualifying lap in FIA races, if you're in it when time's up!

I usually don't quote myself :) but looks like it didn't happened that on both Saturday races. It was a one time only offer? Have you noticed Saturday that you couldn't finish your lap after the time's up?
They extended to 12 minutes on manufacturer race, that I noticed, but they didn't let me finish the lap.

Sarthe was a good time. Played the long game with the 86, qualified with mediums and switched to hard tires for the race. dropped from 5th to 9th or so within the first lap but those who stayed on mediums had to pit, allowing me to finish 6th i think, i already forgot what exactly happened. Along with that, watched two cars over cook the first porsche curve, one GTR went super wide and the aston got tunnel vision and followed him right off.

Good thing season 2 only counts 3 races of 8, more free saturday evenings.

View attachment 769884

Well done @OutlawQuadrnt !! Nations Exhibition Season winner, bravo dude.

And well done to Top10 as well :cheers:

Had many great races with several super drivers.
Even practice races were intense, thrilling, and lovely learning tools.
When I can win anything, you know it's a slow season. :lol:

Getting that extra second per lap to match the aliens may be too much to find in a month's time but half a second is doable. Going to need to practice like I did for GT Academy.

PS: Completely forgot that winning Nations means 200K credits to 'merica drivers! 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back