FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
erm, no boost for Mitsubishi then :(
Balance of Performance (BoP) Update Notice 04/07/2019
The Balance of Performance (BoP) for certain cars in Gran Turismo Sport has been updated.

The following is a list of all adjustments.

Gr.1 Class
・Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10 [Power Ratio : 90% > 91%]

Gr.2 Class
・Honda EPSON NSX '08 [Power Ratio : 121% >122%]
・Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 '08 [Power Ratio : 130% >132%]
・Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08 [Power Ratio : 126% >128%]

Gr.3 Class
・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 105% > 104%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 105% > 104%]
・Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) '15 [Power Ratio : 93% > 90%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 108% > 106%]
・BMW M6 GT3 M Power Livery '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport) '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 [Power Ratio : 81% > 82%]
・Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 [Power Ratio : 99% > 97%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 109% > 107%]
・Honda NSX Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 99% > 97%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 100%]
・Lamborghini Huracán GT3 '15 [Power Ratio : 96% > 94%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 108% > 106%]
・Lexus RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing) '17 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・Lexus RC F GT3 prototype (Emil Frey Racing) '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・McLaren 650S GT3 '15 [Power Ratio : 110% > 109%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 107% > 106%]
・Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 107% > 106%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 110% > 109%]
・Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) [Power Ratio : 100% > 101%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]

Gr.4 Class
・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 109% > 108%]
・BMW M4 Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 99% > 98%]
・Honda NSX Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 108% > 107%]
・Lexus RC F Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11 [Power Ratio : 87% > 88%]
・Subaru WRX Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 101%]

The above list of BoP changes is part of the Update 1.40 content released on 27 June.

Does that last line mean they have already implemented this, but didn't tell anyone? Or have they really swung the nerfbat at the MR cars?

...so can we change manufacturers again? :lol:

My word! You'd think they would've done BOP changes before the season started. General takeaway from it is BMW and Lexus got nerfed as a whole and most MR cars got changed for what I can only guess is better drivability/tire wear without changing overall lap time.

On a side note,

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_3352785.html

The AABBCCDD, a car so good, it can participate in any group race! :sly:

erm, no boost for Mitsubishi then :(
Balance of Performance (BoP) Update Notice 04/07/2019
The Balance of Performance (BoP) for certain cars in Gran Turismo Sport has been updated.

The following is a list of all adjustments.

Gr.1 Class
・Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10 [Power Ratio : 90% > 91%]

Gr.2 Class
・Honda EPSON NSX '08 [Power Ratio : 121% >122%]
・Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 '08 [Power Ratio : 130% >132%]
・Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08 [Power Ratio : 126% >128%]

Gr.3 Class
・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 105% > 104%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 105% > 104%]
・Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) '15 [Power Ratio : 93% > 90%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 108% > 106%]
・BMW M6 GT3 M Power Livery '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport) '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 [Power Ratio : 81% > 82%]
・Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 [Power Ratio : 99% > 97%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 109% > 107%]
・Honda NSX Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 99% > 97%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 100%]
・Lamborghini Huracán GT3 '15 [Power Ratio : 96% > 94%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 108% > 106%]
・Lexus RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing) '17 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・Lexus RC F GT3 prototype (Emil Frey Racing) '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・McLaren 650S GT3 '15 [Power Ratio : 110% > 109%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 107% > 106%]
・Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 107% > 106%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 110% > 109%]
・Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) [Power Ratio : 100% > 101%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]

Gr.4 Class
・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 109% > 108%]
・BMW M4 Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 99% > 98%]
・Honda NSX Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 108% > 107%]
・Lexus RC F Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11 [Power Ratio : 87% > 88%]
・Subaru WRX Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 101%]

The above list of BoP changes is part of the Update 1.40 content released on 27 June.

Does that last line mean they have already implemented this, but didn't tell anyone? Or have they really swung the nerfbat at the MR cars?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but regarding Gr3 this seems to me like one of the biggest BoP changes to date, especially for MR cars.
They are already struggling with tire wear and now they get 2% less power... Or is 2% less weight supposed to offset that and improve tire wear at the same time?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but regarding Gr3 this seems to me like one of the biggest BoP changes to date, especially for MR cars.
They are already struggling with tire wear and now they get 2% less power... Or is 2% less weight supposed to offset that and improve tire wear at the same time?
The combination of both will likely improve tire wear. Less stress on the rears with decreased power and shedding weight always helps. Some offset with better cornering speed but not enough to wipe away gains.

Impact on lap times is unknown although in the past, weight changes tends to have a bigger impact than power. Could be a slight overall buff for most of the MR cars although the Audi R8 may be the exception.

The combination of both will likely improve tire wear. Less stress on the rears with decreased power and shedding weight always helps. Some offset with better cornering speed but not enough to wipe away gains.

Impact on lap times is unknown although in the past, weight changes tends to have a bigger impact than power. Could be a slight overall buff for most of the MR cars although the Audi R8 may be the exception.

Hmm, yeah, I see your point. I guess we'll have to see in which direction the update will take the MR cars.

Imo to date the engine power had a bigger impact but I may be wrong.

I'll hopefully be uploading some races of previous and future FIA races throughout the year.
Below is a tough race at Brands in the last pre-season, which included about 4 world finalists, one of those being the current #3 in the world, and 2 world tour participants. This was my first full Manufacturer season, so I was pretty pleased.

There's actual stat changes as well to these BoP's the Audi R8 has had the following;

Max Speed: 6.6 -> 6.4
Acceleration: 4.7 -> 4.6
Braking: 3.9 -> 4.1 (Edit: I've just noticed that the values after the physics change used to be: 4.3?)
Cornering: 3.9 -> 4.1 (Edit: I've just noticed that the values after the physics change used to be: 4.2?)
Stability: 5.7 to 5.8. (Edit: I've just noticed that the values after the physics change used to be: 5.8?)

Also when you can tell the future :P!

Will do some tests but it doesn't look good at the moment!

Double Edit: So I'm just going to list these changes, not sure what causes them

Max Speed: 6.6 -> 6.6 -> 6.6 -> 6.4
Acceleration: 4.7 -> 4.7 -> 4.7 -> 4.6
Braking: 4.1 -> 4.3 -> 3.9 -> 4.1
Cornering: 4.0 -> 4.2 -> 3.9 -> 4.1
Stability: 5.7 -> 5.8 -> 5.7 -> 5.8

First Value: May 14th 2019
2nd Value: May 24th 2019
3rd Value: June 3rd 2019
4th Value: June 4th 2019

Car suspension has not changed from a video I have on December 22nd to this point so that can only mean the BoP causes the numbers to change and/or those stat values do more than we know.

Last edited:
bad. the car is actually good now from switching after a whole year:lol:

So do you like it or not? :D

I don't like the car since 1.39. It's not fun to drive anymore. If you have an M6 or an FT1 in the same race, with people with the same pace or slightly slower than you, you won't be able to keep up with them. At least I struggle a lot to do it now (with tire wear ofc).

It's the car I've been driving the most since April - over 10.000km in the Vette.

So do you like it or not? :D

I don't like the car since 1.39. It's not fun to drive anymore. If you have an M6 or an FT1 in the same race, with people with the same pace or slightly slower than you, you won't be able to keep up with them. At least I struggle a lot to do it now (with tire wear ofc).

It's the car I've been driving the most since April - over 10.000km in the Vette.
I’m with AMG so I haven’t drove the C7 in true conditions and there’s nobody in top split in N. America driving Chevy to compete.

Probably because everyone suspected I was going to pick it again after a whole year sticking with it:boggled:

Are they all that polite? :D
I guess they knew better than to pick the Vette for this season. The AMG seems a way better choice.

There's actual stat changes as well to these BoP's the Audi R8 has had the following;

Max Speed: 6.6 -> 6.4
Acceleration: 4.7 -> 4.6
Braking: 3.9 -> 4.1 (Edit: I've just noticed that the values after the physics change used to be: 4.3?)
Cornering: 3.9 -> 4.1 (Edit: I've just noticed that the values after the physics change used to be: 4.2?)
Stability: 5.7 to 5.8. (Edit: I've just noticed that the values after the physics change used to be: 5.8?)

Also when you can tell the future :P!

Will do some tests but it doesn't look good at the moment!

Double Edit: So I'm just going to list these changes, not sure what causes them

Max Speed: 6.6 -> 6.6 -> 6.6 -> 6.4
Acceleration: 4.7 -> 4.7 -> 4.7 -> 4.6
Braking: 4.1 -> 4.3 -> 3.9 -> 4.1
Cornering: 4.0 -> 4.2 -> 3.9 -> 4.1
Stability: 5.7 -> 5.8 -> 5.7 -> 5.8

First Value: May 14th 2019
2nd Value: May 24th 2019
3rd Value: June 3rd 2019
4th Value: June 4th 2019

Car suspension has not changed from a video I have on December 22nd to this point so that can only mean the BoP causes the numbers to change and/or those stat values do more than we know.

Hi tidgney

The values for cornering, braking and stability are heavily affected by what tyres you have on the car

4.3 brakes, 4.2 cornering is racing softs
4.1 brakes, 4.1 cornering is racing meds
3.9 brakes, 3.9 cornering is racing hards

For the Audi

For a laugh put harder tyres on the front than the rear on the r8 and check out the stability value

Lexus is dominating the leaderboards at Suzuka but I think tyre wear will make it less OP in race conditions. I think GT86 might be OP in this race, followed by the 4C if you can use its tricky handling.

Annoyingly I'm away for the weekend so I will miss the Dragon Trail race which will be one of the best points chances for Mitsu :grumpy: Good luck to my fellow compatriots regardless 👍

Feeling good about my pace in Manufacturers. The McLaren isn't the best car here, but I'm .6 short of the fastest time that has been set in it so I'm not too worried. My best practice time is a 36.7 and now that I switched to R2/L2 for pedals I'm finally able to go through the chicane of death consistently and I'm reliably setting low 37s in practice. Let's see how it pans out tomorrow :)

Nations was all good, benefitted from the leader being taken out by the guy in 2nd.

Manufacturers got into a fuel battle my toyota was never going to win hahaha

Was running 15:10 race time in lobbies, but was off the pace in qualifying runs in the F1 GTR.

For the actual race, the race pace was still decent but after qualifying 18th it was for not very much - finished 11th.

Not sure if it will improve because everyone will have cottoned onto the ideal strategy.

Haven’t played FIA races for a while but fancy having a go at both of the combinations for tonight.

Quick question, is the corner cutting limit on T2 at seaside still effective in fia? I remember you could cut it in practice and be ok (when I say cut, two wheels on the inside of the curb). But in qualy you’d get a pen.

Can anyone give me the heads up before tonight?

Good news:
Finally got a good grid spot and had a clean race to win the 3rd top split race of the night, with a time of 15:12 which was faster than the winning time for Race 2 (and would have been good for at least 4th in Race 1).

Bad news:
It was worth a paltry 1546 points so is essentially a useless result for McLaren and myself.

Last edited:
Good news:
Finally got a good grid spot and had a clean race to win the 3rd top split race of the night, with a time of 15:12 which was faster than the winning time for Race 2 (and would have been good for at least 4th in Race 1).

Bad news:
It was worth a paltry 1546 points so is essentially a useless result for McLaren and myself.
I signed with the McLaren too. Do you think it's better to try a non-stop strategy or do the pit?

I had a horrible experience in the FIA Manufacturers tonight.
In one entry, qualifying was wrecked by a car unghosting in what I call the Swimming Pool section - so qualified at the back. On the race, I got tapped into a spin.
In another entry, overtook 3 wide down the main straight, somehow a competitor got clipped and so they rammed me into the Shadow Realm.
In the last entry - I got disconnected.

Hope everyone else had a better experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back