FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was like a warzone out there tonight. So many penaltys being dished out, some deserved, many others not but it does feel like the current system is pushing people over the edge and making them behave in a manner they normally wouldn't.....myself included.

Anyway first slot started promising. Qualified 10th in same race as @Lost Sheltie with a 55.8 and due to penaltys was up to 7th but I was to fall victim to a dodgy penalty when a Greek driver bump drafted me on the start/finish straight and gave me a 6 second penalty.

Few laps later same greek driver went for a monumentally stupid overtake at the flat out left/right onto the straight and well let's just say I didnt try to prevent the inevitable massive accident happen. I got a broke engine, they got a 10 second penalty. Hopefully the greek driver learnt a lesson that stupidly doesn't pay off.

Anyway slot 2. Again qualified 10th but got wiped out in turn 1 by a car that never broke. Not really sure what happened, if it was car immediately behind or further back but I was now last. Recovered to 11th on last lap when I came across an angry fellow brit that I had apparently besmurged earlier in the race. Anyway upshot of there antics was they got a 10 second penalty and ended up at SR A so again hopefully a lesson in stupidity learnt for another driver.

3rd slot, got a track limit pen in quali so started 19th and last. Simply stayed out of trouble in the race and passed car after car serving penaltys. Of course got 4 seconds myself as apparently a car passing on the inside needed more that 2 car widths of track and fresh tyres to not understeer and make contact with me. Finished 9th in the end which was a decent recovery but 7th and maybe even 5th was on without the BS pen. Anyways I settled for that and went a got dinner.

Exasperating experience tonight that's all I can say

Keep getting :censored:ing disconnected! Happened 4 races in a row with both the Nations Cup and Manufacturers series!!! If it happens again over the weekend I won't bother with this 🤬!

I do not remember this happening this much during my time playing this game!!! :banghead:

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THIS IS HAPPENING?!?!
WiFi or hardwired? A cable is always best

Manufacturers Round 1
Proper rollercoaster of a round, but finishing on a high. :D

The Group 3 Viper is a very understeer-y beast! Having to really re-evaluate my driving style to manage this thing, especially in a race scenario.

On the first attempt, I started P14 as I struggled to hook up a decent lap in qualifying, eventually finishing P10 doing the 1-stopper.

The first bend on this was a real shock as I was so much faster than the car in front of me when the race began. I was not at all prepared for being alongside someone going into turn 1 whilst everyone is still bunched up! No contact made as I went up the inside but it was horrendously close and I did see in my radar that it caused some slight mayhem behind me as I moved up not one but two positions.

I got my comeuppance though as a car came to a near stop through turn 2 on a later lap with me and some other cars closely following and I got sandwiched and spun.

I finished in P10, and told myself I wouldn't go again because that didn't feel like my race and it wasn't a bad result.

Except... I didn't have the mental discipline, and went again on the fourth time slot.

The second race was... not good. I qualified P12, but the first lap was rough. Getting the Viper round the corners was a nightmare, and I just kept getting pushed wide or outgunned because of poor exits. I was down in P19 before the end of lap 1.

Further disaster struck later on thanks to the wondrous penalty system. I was racing pretty closely with a Nissan and Ford, and managed to get a good run on both of them out of the final corner. The Ford and Nissan had taken the racing line and were on the right-hand side of the track, so I started pushing up the inside. Then I get a shock when the Ford started shoving the Nissan left because he wanted to swing across at the last moment and pit.

I try to back off but made light contact with the Nissan as he was pushed into me. The Ford enters the pit lane, then I get awarded a 4 second penalty and the Nissan a 5 second penalty because someone didn't take the last bend properly for a pit entry. Absolutely ridiculous! :grumpy:

That race finished P12 after out-running a Mazda I had been chasing down the home straight and stealing it by 0.028s.

I wasn't satisfied with that so I went again, and thankfully my pace was much, much faster. It all just seemed to click a bit better and I qualified P6.

The race start was a massive shock. As the countdown ended I started moving across to slipstream the Mercedes in front only to have to quickly abort because it wasn't accelerating! :scared:

An error from a Subaru and some fighting through the first few turns allowed me to sneak through to P3, where I start having some battles with a rather laggy Lexus. Nothing like a teleporting car...

I eventually break off at the end of lap 4 for a 2-stop to get away from the Lexus. Luck was with me as I emerged in P4 with clean air and started pushing. I caught up with the Lexus and Mercedes from the start within a couple of laps and slipstream in some decent times whilst in close proximity. Successful undercut achieved. 👍 They pitted at the end of lap 6 and I continued to push on.

I think the Lexus and Mercedes did a lot of fighting as I managed to open the gap enough to get through my second stop and still emerge in front of them by a couple of seconds. From there it was a drive to the end, first aiming to keep the Lexus out of my slipstream and then wait for his tyres to die.

End result, P2 for 152 points - new personal best. :cheers:

Nations was a disaster that only got worse through persistence, but Manufacturers ended up being a fantastic start and I'm glad I stuck it out. Just waiting for the results to come in to get an early feel for what the competition in EMEA Dodge is going to be like. :cool:

Edit: I wake up this morning and I'm rank 2 with Dodge. Excuse me Polyphony, I think there's been some kind of mistake. What the hell? :eek::lol:

Last edited:
Was like a warzone out there tonight. So many penaltys being dished out, some deserved, many others not but it does feel like the current system is pushing people over the edge and making them behave in a manner they normally wouldn't.....myself included.

Anyway first slot started promising. Qualified 10th in same race as @Lost Sheltie with a 55.8 and due to penaltys was up to 7th but I was to fall victim to a dodgy penalty when a Greek driver bump drafted me on the start/finish straight and gave me a 6 second penalty.

Few laps later same greek driver went for a monumentally stupid overtake at the flat out left/right onto the straight and well let's just say I didnt try to prevent the inevitable massive accident happen. I got a broke engine, they got a 10 second penalty. Hopefully the greek driver learnt a lesson that stupidly doesn't pay off.

Anyway slot 2. Again qualified 10th but got wiped out in turn 1 by a car that never broke. Not really sure what happened, if it was car immediately behind or further back but I was now last. Recovered to 11th on last lap when I came across an angry fellow brit that I had apparently besmurged earlier in the race. Anyway upshot of there antics was they got a 10 second penalty and ended up at SR A so again hopefully a lesson in stupidity learnt for another driver.

3rd slot, got a track limit pen in quali so started 19th and last. Simply stayed out of trouble in the race and passed car after car serving penaltys. Of course got 4 seconds myself as apparently a car passing on the inside needed more that 2 car widths of track and fresh tyres to not understeer and make contact with me. Finished 9th in the end which was a decent recovery but 7th and maybe even 5th was on without the BS pen. Anyways I settled for that and went a got dinner.

Exasperating experience tonight that's all I can say
Yeah that 6 second penalty completely baffled me because I didn't see anything happen and then suddenly you had a penalty. I had to check the replay afterwards to figure it out. You seemed to be doing quite well at that point as well.

Second race was a much better experience. Still had a 1s penalty for bumping-drafting a car (really! first time i've seen that happen), but managed to get a good result.

Started 4th and picked up P3 in the first corner. Held station behind P2 for a while, managing tires and saving a bit of fuel. Picked up the aforementioned penalty in lap 2 or 3, but managed to stay in the slipstream and pass a couple of laps later and hold the gap to P1 at around 3s.

P1 pitted lap 6 and, having saved my tires fairly well (the 911 is so good for that!), I stayed out for a flier on half-life tires. Came out of the pits with the gap to P1 unchanged: it was a good call! Now on to the chase!

Shaved the gap by 0.3/0.4 every single lap until I caught his stream. Lowered the gap to 1s, but by then, I had used too much fuel chasing him without the slipstream. I realized I'd have to back out of the fight and just nursed the car home. Finished P2 some 3-4s behind, but it was so much fun, I don't even care too much!

Had a pretty good first race in the Gr.3 Alfa. Qualified 16th after missing out on the draft train and went for a 1 stop on lap 7. Anyone who came near me, I just let them by and then tried to use their draft as best I could to help me keep up and save fuel. I almost made it through the entire race without a penalty too, but two guys ahead got tangled up in the hairpin on the final lap and I dinged one of them trying to squeeze thru. I didn’t lose and places because of it though, I think I actually gained 2 places on the last lap. I’m gonna take my 153 points and run, it was a fun race. :lol:

E0336E7B-ABF4-4963-9167-0B7F667F4D24.jpeg

B0BE89E5-D46F-470F-8CEA-E688DD31214D.jpeg

So I tried the kart race after seeing Cody's stream while still at work at thought it would be fun to try one of the later slots after dinner. WRONG! people don't care that the penalty system sucks and are willing to risk their own and other's SR. So my SR dropped to 81, did daily B after that but only recovered to SR 88 and called it a night.

Was trying to hide that I was 99% signing for Renault and waiting until maybe Round 3 to sign but bit the bullet just so I can regain my SR (and hopefully a cheap win towards platinum) in the "low SR" split. Won slot 3 and SR was back to 99, then thought I might as well have a crack at slot 4 since I was getting comfortable with the slidey RS01. Half the field died, tried a 2 stopper but I battled too hard with Oscar in the final laps and my tyres died, wasn't expecting much for this race anyway but at least I'm top Renault.

1 and done for me! I tried to make the 2nd slot of the evening but entered just as time ran out...so I entered the 3rd slot instead. Someone in a Mercedes decided to burn fuel on the racing line in the esses right after the downhill hairpin, and I murdered them when I came upon him full speed (AND he was side-by-side with someone else!!!) Not only did that ruin my lap, but I got a 5s penalty that I couldn't serve until the next lap, which ruined that one (not enough time to quit and do an out lap+ flying lap), so dead last I started. The Merc that ruined my qualifying started 9th or 10th. I made up a few positions on the first 2 laps, then on the 3rd lap, absolute chaos happened in front of me and I gained about 4 spots after Turn 4, plus another 3-4 spots from penalties that resulted from whatever happened in front of me. Suddenly I went was inside the Top 10 after starting 20th! I did a 2-stopper with my 1st stop on Lap 5 in the hopes I could avoid traffic by staying out an extra lap. In the end I managed to climb 11 places to 9th and 152 points! Based on how little I was gaining on th cars in front towards the end, I doubt I could've done much better even if I'd been able to qualify. I also beat the Merc who ruined my qualifying (he was the last car running I believe), and was the best-placed Corvette (there were only 2 of us though...)
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200318212407.jpg

This season almost started with a resounding thud. After last night's disaster of a Nations race, I was hoping for better results tonight. It almost didn't happen. I didn't get much warm-up time before Race 1 (which was actually Race 2) because as soon as I got home there was suddenly a bunch of things I had to do for my wife. I qualified P7 but at the end of L1 I completely lost my braking point under the race info over all the cars in front of me and careen through everyone into the wall. I missed most of them but I did find the wall, all right. I finish that one P13. Race 2 (which was actually Race 3) I get some good warm up/practice laps in and qualy P4. I run P3 most of the race and then somewhere in L12 a Porsche catches up with me and we have a pretty intense battle trading places back and forth as tire wears creeps up on us. He gets the final inside line and I end up P4. 58 points and a restore of most of my lost DR. Somehow my screenshot turned into a video and I can't capture the frame with my final standing. Oh, bother.

Screenshot added thanks to @watto79

03-18-20 FIA Finish.jpg

Last edited:
Race 1 — started at SR 82 due to some daily race shenanigans. The room ended up being A+ through D I qualified 5th and finished 4th. 106 points but my SR was up to 98.

Race 2 — all A room. Qualifying was really solid. A guy was clearly waiting for me to start my flying lap, so I let him have my slipstream. I ran a mid 57 and figured I’d be middle of the pack. Nope. 3rd, and my slipstream bud qualified 1st with a high 56. Pleasure to be his fluffer, I guess, haha.

The 3 of us took off, and built a 3+ second gap to 4th. P1 pitted for a 2 stop, and I managed to pick up a 1 second phantom penalty even though I gave him lots of space to get around me. It allowed the pack to catch me, and the guy who ended up finishing 3rd passed me during our pit stops. We ran like that for a few laps, and he managed to pull away as we came through some of the 2 stop traffic. P4 for 141 points. Yup, I beat my best point grab from last season my 31. I’ll take it. (And a quick hat tip to BMB last week for letting me grind it up to DR A.)

2B5876A6-A0E3-448D-8EF1-F20046B41642.jpeg

Oh...btw, I think some people chose Porsche this season...
54792045-455F-4CC6-916B-486D170B5EF0.jpeg

Last edited:
Nations
I can barely summon up the energy to report, but here it is in brief. Every race was blighted by dumb penalties and dumb driving.

Europe
B/S

Race 1:
P10 start, P12 finish. 32 points.

Race 2:
P12 finish, thanks in no small part to a Spaniard hitting me often enough to get me 9s in penalties during the race. Down to B/A.

Race 3:
Started P13 (Door 6), finished P12, 34 points.

Race 4:
Started P17 (Door 20), finished P13, 34 points again.

Race 5:
P15 (Door 17) to P5 for 53 points.

North America
Race 1:

P6 (Door 15) to P10 and 47 points. 3 drivers cost me penalties by hitting me. Down to B/B.

Race 2:
P13 (Door 10) to P11, 22 points. Racked up 'victim panalties' and dropped to B/D.

Race 3:
P5 (Door 12) to P3 for 30 points. Forced down to D/E in a dirty race.

Race 4:
P9 (Door 2) to P2, 29 points and up to C/B.

Manu
Europe

Well, I'm beyond hacked off after the first race, nevermind what was to follow...

Race 1:
Having signed for Alfa with moments to spare, I qualified P15, Door 8, starting on H tyres, in the only Alfa on the grid, after the Spanish Beetle ruined my hot lap and started a place in front of me. A German Mercedes was behind, and it would figure later in precedings. A Prorsche bumped past at Turn 2 (2nd half of chicane) for no penalty. I soon reached P12 and the McLaren I passed got 1s for no more than paint-swapping. He got back in front almost immediately and the light contact he made cost me 1s. A sign of how bad the penalty situation was going to be!
I tried to pass up the inside of a Dutch Porsche but he turned in sharply and put me into the wall instead of going for the undercut and I got a further 1s penalty. By the time I'd recovered and cleared the 2s, I was now P15. Another light brush as the previous McLaren and I rounded a corner shortly after netted me another 1s. I caught the back of him seconds later (partly my fault out of desperation)and another 4s was added!

The aforementioned Mercedes forced the Czech Beetle in front of me to brake early for turn 1 and the resulting bump I gave him added another 5s. P16 after clearing all of that. The Spanish Beetle (with a 0.5s penalty) braked too early at the bottom of the steep hill forcing me to tap him for a 2s penalty. An Italian Nissan tapped the side of me as I passed. Add a further 1s! Back to P14. Still only Lap 5/13.
The following lap, the German Mercedes messed up the fast chicane and took to the grass, hitting me instead of braking as I passed. 7s penalty for me as well as being punted into the wall and facing the wrong way! P18.
Pitting on Lap 8 for M tyres, and back out in P19.
The German Mercedes then brake-tested me (or suddenly lost all judgment of brake point) into Turn 1 and I got 2s for that! I admit to bumping him off after that as the race was a farce by then. Another 2s. P16. Finally finished in P14 after cars in front looked to have run out of fuel.

26s in penalties (nobody escaped penalties) and my ranking has gone from B/S to C/D! 31 points.

"Race 2 will be 'fun' in a C/D lobby", I thought...

Race 2:

Again the only Alfa, Door 8. Some French idiot in a Honda started bumping my side in the first qually lap then completely took me out a third of the way round, ruining my tyres and causing major damage. Had to jump to the pits. Caned it round and had 20s to spare to put in a lap. Qualified P3.

Started on Ms to try to make a good getaway. 18 starters. In front, an Italian Renault R.S.01 and a Portugeuse Porsche. I try a bit too hard at the start and actually lose ground on the 2 cars ahead, but I have a gap of over 10 seconds to P4 behind me by Lap 5. The Renault oversteers at the bottom of the steep hill and it is now P2. After doing it again on the final bend, it pits and I am now P2. Ipit for more Hs on Lap 6 and retain my position.
And that's how it stays till the end. P2, Clean race and a mighty 36 points.

Race 3:

Qualified P5 (Door 10) after briefly being second. The same Portugeuse Renault on pole with a Spanish BMW in P2.

Starting on M tyres, I was P3 2/3 round the first lap. On Lap 2, the Renault once again oversteered at the bottom of the big hill, dropping to P5 and elevating me to P2. The Italian Beetle behind me continued to try catching until it pitted at the end of Lap 4. I now had a huge gap of 8 or 9 seconds to my pursuers, with the Spanish BMW 1.5s in front.

I put fresh Ms on at the end of Lap 6, maintaining P2 comfortably. The Spaniard came in the following lap and I was able to take P1 for the first time. From then on, it was a hard battle to stay in front as my tyres started to go off, but I was succeeding. That was until the Spaniard and the Penalty Gods (or Demons PD!) decided to intervene on Lap 11/13. The Spaniard tapped my rear quarter and suddenly I had a 2s penalty!!! This was approaching the corner after the 3rd timing line. I hadn't even started braking! Now the Spaniard knew all that had to be done was stick behind me until we reached the penalty line as there was nothing I could do but defend my line in the slim hope the BMW driver would make a mistake. I ended up 3.4s behind at the finish, P2, for 42 points and a lost clean streak from the previous race, for absolutely no reason. Wonderful.

Have a look at the video of the penalty:

Racë 4:
Wow. Dirtiest race in months.

Why, oh why did I have another go? I should have a policy of stoping if I score over 40 points!

Door 13, I qualified P5. The Spanish Ford GT in front turns in on me after the first chicane, maybe oversteering, maybe to put me off. Either way, I get a 4s penalty for it! As I try to pass again at the next corner, he contacts me and I go into the inside wall. P13 and a further 2s. All 3 cars immediately in front have penalties too! Trying to get through them adds on 2 more 2s penalties for a total of 10s. Everyone's driving their cars like battering rams and I'm sitting on 12s by the penalty line on Lap 2. P17 once I've cleared them but immediately get 3s as I try to pass inside an Irish Ferrari which turns in on me even though I'm hugging the apex.

P14 as I pass another 2 cars. The Ferrari passes through me just before I deghost fom the penalty and cuts sharply into my rear corner as we round the turn. No penalty for him (or me), but he gains P14. He does it again at the next corner (the esses) and puts me off track. 1s for him, 5 places lost for me!

Lap 4 and I'm up to P15, approaching the big downhill with a Spanish Porsche in front. The briefest of brushes with the car now behind us has 'earned' me 1s. No interaction with the Spaniard ahead all race and yet he turns in on me EIGHT TIMES on the way to the bottom (getting 5s) before dropping back and then hitting me on the inside of the corner, allowing him, the Ferrari and the Mercedes I'd passed all to get by. After repassing the Merc, the Spaniard slows, I imagine to have another go at me, but I and the Ferrari get by cleanly. Now I'm P14. The Spaniard hits the Ferrari for a further 2s.

My thoughts were correct as the Spaniard tries to ram me at Turn 1 but misses as I take the corner, and he slams into the wall at 155mph! Only adds 1.5s to his time, but then the game can't identify intent, sadly. At least he's 19th of 19 cars.

I pit fom P13 on Lap 6 for more Ms and lose no places. At least it's nice to Lap the ramming Spanish Porsche! A small bump while passing a Spanish Merc gets me 1s on Lap 8. P10 on Lap 11, I'm about to pass an Italian Toyota with a 5s penalty to serve in 2 corners time. Instead of making some space, it turns in on me at the corner to give me 1s! And it hits me after the corner for another 1s!!! I was close to the P8 car but lost the ground serving the penalties. But on the last lap, an Aston goes off and the Spanish Ford GT from earlier has 2s to serve on the line. I keep just close enough to be within 2 seconds of it without risking it trying to cost me a penalty and I earn P7 on the line for a 'glorious' 38 points. Fastest lap though.

Onto North America...
Another last minute signing, in fact so late that I miss the first slot by seconds, thanks to that ridiculously-long slo-mo cutscene. Is it really necessary (for the server to log your signing) or just fluff we should be able to skip?
Anyhoo... decided to try Ford for a change, Mustang and GT LM Spec II Test Car. Not sure how good a choice that will be, but let's see...

Race 1:
Down to B/C after the Nations races.
Got the Chicago Blackhawks livery finished on the GT LM Spec in time and qualified on Pole, P1,with Door 14. And easy race for me, but I made it that 1 min 13.5s in penalties were shared between all but 3 of us in the race. the P17 Canadian Ferrari piled into the back of the field at Turn 1, barely braking and causing chaos. Ahead of that, only the first 10 cars stayed more or less on track, P2, P7, P9 and P10 with penalties. Meanwhile, I was already 2s ahead of the now P2 BMW which had started 3rd. That was 5s by the end of the lap, and 13s on Lap 4.

I continued to pull away and my lead was 18s by the end of Lap 4, by which time I'd lapped the P14 car. I pitted on Lap 6 for more M tyres, with a lead of 24 seconds and was still 16s in the lead afterwards. beginning Lap 10, I was up to 26 seconds ahead of the P2 Beetle and I lapped the P9 car before entering the pits again at the end of it (3rd set of Ms), deciding I had the luxury of improving my grip without risking losing the lead. As a result, I set 4 fastest laps in the race. My lead was 28 seconds as the P2 BMW started the final lap, and I had lapped the P7 car shortly after starting it. In the end, I won by 31 seconds, with Pole Position, a Clean Race and the fastest lap. My score? A paltry 24 points!
That's what happens when 4 drivers are B/C and the rest are all D/C with a C/C and 2 E/Cs thrown in!

But I decided to take the prestige of the win rather than risk ending up with fewer points in a later slot.

I can see a lot of frustration rising this season unless the penalty system is dramatically improved...

Last edited:
Onto North America...
Another last minute signing, in fact so late that I miss the first slot by seconds, thanks to that ridiculously-long slo-mo cutscene. Is it really necessary (for the server to log your signing) or just fluff we should be able to skip?
Anyhoo... decided to try Ford for a change, Mustang and GT LM Spec II Test Car. Not sure how good a choice that will be, but let's see...

Race 1:
Down to B/C after the Nations races.
Got the Chicago Blackhawks livery finished on the GT LM Spec in time and qualified on Pole, P1,with Door 14. And easy race for me, but I made it that 1 min 13.5s in penalties were shared between all but 3 of us in the race. the P17 Canadian Ferrari piled into the back of the field at Turn 1, barely braking and causing chaos. Ahead of that, only the first 10 cars stayed more or less on track, P2, P7, P9 and P10 with penalties. Meanwhile, I was already 2s ahead of the now P2 BMW which had started 3rd. That was 5s by the end of the lap, and 13s on Lap 4.

I continued to pull away and my lead was 18s by the end of Lap 4, by which time I'd lapped the P14 car. I pitted on Lap 6 for more M tyres, with a lead of 24 seconds and was still 16s in the lead afterwards. beginning Lap 10, I was up to 26 seconds ahead of the P2 Beetle and I lapped the P9 car before entering the pits again at the end of it (3rd set of Ms), deciding I had the luxury of improving my grip without risking losing the lead. As a result, I set 4 fastest laps in the race. My lead was 28 seconds as the P2 BMW started the final lap, and I had lapped the P7 car shortly after starting it. In the end, I won by 31 seconds, with Pole Position, a Clean Race and the fastest lap. My score? A paltry 24 points!
That's what happens when 4 drivers are B/C and the rest are all D/C with a C/C and 2 E/Cs thrown in!

But I decided to take the prestige of the win rather than risk ending up with fewer points in a later slot.

I can see a lot of frustration rising this season unless the penalty system is dramatically improved...
I was that P2 Beetle. Holy hell was that qualifier a mess. Couldn't believe we were able to get decent times.

Congrats on the win! I ended up doing one more and got triple the points as the one we were in. If this happens again, might benefit to get a non-S SR lobby packed with DR value. First place was 152 pts.

Couldn't get a clear qualifying run and started the race at 20th but I knew there was going to some run offs and penalties with lower half of the field. Just ran a smooth race and picked a good lap to pit. Happy with my top 10 finish and a good start to the season with the positions gained.
IMAG0452.jpg

Last edited:
I was that P2 Beetle. Holy hell was that qualifier a mess. Couldn't believe we were able to get decent times.

Congrats on the win! I ended up doing one more and got triple the points as the one we were in. If this happens again, might benefit to get a non-S SR lobby packed with DR value. First place was 152 pts.
Thanks! I was lucky in qually because I got out the pits early if I recall correctly. Never understand how that works, seems a random selection as to when your car can leave the pits.

Pole was especially advantageous in that race, given the carnage going on behind!

Maybe I should have tried the next race slot then - triple figure points for a win? That's like winning the lottery for me -the odds are the same!:D

Hopefuly race you again sometime:tup:

Couldn't get a clear qualifying run and started the race at 20th but I knew there was going to some run offs and penalties with lower half of the field. Just ran a smooth race and picked a good lap to pit. Happy with my top 10 finish and a good start to the season with the positions gained.View attachment 901008

Haha we had the same car number, same starting position, and same finishing position for this round! :lol:
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200318212407.jpg

With the current penalty system, I can't take FIA races seriously. So I entered the race, not taking it seriously at all. Saw someone get bumped around, and they got an 8 second penalty. I get pushed wide, they get a 2 second penalty, I get a 4 second penalty.

Yep. Might as well restart the season when they fix it... if they fix it..

honestly I wouldn't really mind if both parties got penalties in any type of contact situation. in theory it would clean up the racing, but you never know.....this current system hasn't cleaned it up and it's almost like that now.

This could actually be the solution to all the penalty problems. No need for any "ai" technology or complex codings. Give people penalties for any contact. So at least we know what's coming. Not great but better than being overtaken rudely and getting 3-4-5 seconds worth of penalties.

I might be the only one that actually had a good race. Grant you, I had the perspective that my physical state wasn't letting me drive to my potential and Maggiore was a poor track for me. Also had a bit of luck. I'll be sharing that video.

But not just yet. I tried to catch a few races out there to update my spreadsheet and it became clear that people are at their limits with both slipstream and penalties. Worst part is that a lot of us saw it coming a mile away with all the clamor for a patch to address both items.

Instead, straight into Round 1 we went. To paraphrase: everyone went FIA try-harding. Those penalties were fast as lightning.

The GR.4 race at Suzuka, seems like it's a flim flam. Did a Custom Race, starting on RM. Ran to lap 6. Tyres weren't worn. Almost like they were just coming up to temperature.

Switched to RH and they were still fresh at the finish.

No doubt Suzuka is hard to pass. The AWD will help(barely) coming out of the hairpin and some corner exits, but a Slophy will eat me alive in the twisties/braking/tyre wear. I guess anything else MR and the SLS will check out.

As with any other race, patience will be the key. Just stay in a pack and don't try to pass until the last third of the race.

By the sounds of it I really lucked out with the penalties. Had a bad qualifying run so started 16th in quite a hard lobby. Picked up a few positions on the first lap but then was spun out by a Porsche (no penalties for anyone), putting me down to 19th. The clear track probably worked in my favour and went with the 1 stop and recovered to 10th for 160pts. An F-Type bump drafted me on the back straight and got them a 2 second penalty. They seemed frustrated and later barge past me on the way into the esses. They were in the F-Type and I'm in the Alfa 4C, they would have EASILY passed me on the straight but whatever. Lots of penalties given out but I was lucky to not get any (3 contacts of note in the race). It's not fun to see or be a part of. Normally I would have raced again but DR and SR are particularly fragile at the moment and this was unlikely to be a good round for me anyway so left it. Nice and close at the finish which was pretty cool.
Stock livery is temporary. There's something way cooler coming :)
20200319081230.jpg

Well I would like to say a massive thanks to PD for the shambles of a penalty system and two members of the team who used it to there advantage most effectively in slot 1 of the manufacturer cup last night which resulted in me not only getting punted off in final corner by both of them and hitting the wall giving me a 10 sec penalty which because it was the final corner doubled to 20 secs causing me to lose SR to B and DR to A so because of two muppets using a flawed system to there advantage I lost almost 20k in DR and am now forced to repair DR & SR in wreckfest daily lobbies with driver standards that would be better suited to a destruction derby.

I used to race with likes of PASM graviton bambi on here with clean racing door to door all race that would leave you gob smacked ,now with these fia races it looks more like 5 year olds attempting their first laps ever on the game .

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be the only one that actually had a good race. Grant you, I had the perspective that my physical state wasn't letting me drive to my potential and Maggiore was a poor track for me. Also had a bit of luck. I'll be sharing that video.

But not just yet. I tried to catch a few races out there to update my spreadsheet and it became clear that people are at their limits with both slipstream and penalties. Worst part is that a lot of us saw it coming a mile away with all the clamor for a patch to address both items.

Instead, straight into Round 1 we went. To paraphrase: everyone went FIA try-harding. Those penalties were fast as lightning.

I saw lots of penalties for just rear-end contact in that video, as well as penalties given to the car on the inside of a turn. I definitely bump-drafted a few people yesterday, but didn't get a penalty for any of them. Also, gotta love the game giving a 10s penalty because it put them inside of another car when leaving the pits...

1DA17705-3E37-4B0A-B3A1-32E5F8B876C1.png

I’m sorry that most racers had problems. I know the penalty system is a pain right now.

I started and finished P3. I was able to avoid any contact. P1 and 2 did a two stopper. I should have follow suit but I stuck with one stopping it at the end of lap 7. They managed to pass me. Also I found myself not saving enough gas so I had to go to FM6 for a lap to finish. I’ll take the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back