Formula 1 2018 Johnnie Walker Belgian Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 104 comments
Is the Force India name change really that confusing? The constant jokes about what they're called now is just stupid. Racing Point Force India. It's just two extra words. It's no weirder than any other team name, just learn it and move on. Everyone making a jab at this is getting really tiring

Also, good race I guess

Rain coming in from the west. I live an hour from the track, and rain is definitely on its way. Doubt it's going to hit the track before the end, though.

That's it. Merc could have egged Ferrari into an uncomfortable pit window, but the blisters on Lewis' left rear forced their hand.

Oh well. Race over. :P

At least Hartley and Ericsson provide a bit of action

And Ricciardo retires, making Hulkenberg responsible for 5 DNFs.

I think we all want a little bit of rain.

I'm sure Lewis wouldn't mind... :lol:

A couple of things they could do to stop the spread of the field so much is activate the drs after the 1st lap instead of the 2nd & make it a 2 second window instead of a 1 second.

At least that'll bring a bit of excitement until (hopefully) the new wing regulations comes in & does what it's supposed to.

Get rid of the (have to use both sets of tyres) rule aswell, just let teams use whatever tyre they run best on & plan there stops around it.

Not the most spectacular Spa race with the exception of the first-lap shens. Given the practice pace it's no surprise to see Ferrari at the front but it's a shame to be denied Ricciardio/Raikkonen in the fight.

Did Lewis said that Ferrari "have few tricks" in a way suggest that they are doing something illegal? Man! This guy is a "loser whiner" when it's not coming his way!

A race that got quite boring really quickly after the first lap incidents.

Ok race is over. First laps of the race a lot of action but then is became boring. Nothing to debate after the race. No controversial anything. Only Hamilton put some emphasis on the 'tricky things' of the Ferrari. Max happy with his well deserved P3. And now wish the fans good luck while they try to escape Spa area.

Did Lewis said that Ferrari "have few tricks" in a way suggest that they are doing something illegal? Man! This guy is a "loser whiner" when it's not coming his way!

Eh? More like the shoe is on the other foot. Other teams have been talking about Mercedes' special 'party modes' for a long while now. Were they whining?

It's not whining if it's the truth. Ferrari have the faster car at this point, and Mercedes are on the back foot. Lewis has had his seasons in an uncontestedly more powerful car. Now he really has to work for his points and wins.

I say it every time but I genuinely enjoy seeing Lewis frustrated and visibly upset. I forgot who was doing the quick post-race interview but he asked about Monza and how Ferrari's speed will be a factor there and Hamilton just goes "Yup" and walks away. Ha!

Seeing new racing lap records was a plus. Nothing boring about that. But yeah, at the same time, Spa doesn't seem to promote easy or multiple overtakes. I'm sure most of you watching the Sky feed heard Brundle say that since 1950, the Spa GP has never been won from 4th place or lower. I'm sure many other F1 races share a similar stat like that, but still, it just goes to show that the difficulty is still there.

WEC races here tend to go in similar fashion. Only GT3 races tend to meet people's extra high expectations of racing here, but then those are still lacking the downright amazing speed of F1 cars and LMP1 cars here.

I'd say that's just how you've interpreted a common expression. Didn't seem like anything more than different wording for saying that Ferrari have out-engineered Mercedes and Merc need to start catching up.

I'd say that's just how you've interpreted a common expression. Didn't seem like anything more than different wording for saying that Ferrari have out-engineered Mercedes and Merc need to start catching up.

He said "They’ve got a few trick things going on in the car", it would be perfectly reasonable to take that either way in common English. Hamilton has given further interviews since then in which he clarifies his comments and makes it clear that he doesn't think Ferrari are doing anything illegal but the vagueness of the initial statement is still evident.

I'm looking forward to an extremely boring Italian GP so the Ferraris can trounce Mercedes.

Back