FRL~INDYCAR~ Plux Runs Out Of Fuel.... After He Takes The Chequers At The Motegi 300!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,968 comments

What Madrid Layout to use for Round #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although fuel lasts 45 laps running by yourself at Indy speedway, you'll have understeer problems appear between lap 35 and 40 and be unable to run flat out.

Indy Road has less grip than the other road courses for some reason. I'll also tell you that I hate Madrid.

Probably 550hp / 714kg for RC, 650 to 700hp for Ovals. We'll be testing tomorrow.
Liking forward to it, though I'll probably have the Indy 500 Qualifying on at the same time. :D

Although fuel lasts 45 laps running by yourself at Indy speedway, you'll have understeer problems appear between lap 35 and 40 and be unable to run flat out.

Indy Road has less grip than the other road courses for some reason. I'll also tell you that I hate Madrid.

Why didn't you choose some other city course? You could still probably find something that looks like an American track, in terms of scenery and road signs etc. Madrid with its red and yellow is easily identified as Spain.

Why didn't you choose some other city course? You could still probably find something that looks like an American track, in terms of scenery and road signs etc. Madrid with its red and yellow is easily identified as Spain.

What's wrong with Spain?! Madrid is a great little track, though I think Tokyo would be good too

Last edited:
The other city tracks aren't good. London has no pitlane, Rome would have no overtaking, Tokyo is a horrible track to drive in these cars, SSR5 is further away in terms of 'scenery and road signs'. What other city course is there apart from the one in the French Riviera which is renown for having no overtaking unless people divebomb, which in these cars with heavy damage would be hell.

The other city tracks aren't good. London has no pitlane, Rome would have no overtaking, Tokyo is a horrible track to drive in these cars, SSR5 is further away in terms of 'scenery and road signs'. What other city course is there apart from the one in the French Riviera which is renown for having no overtaking unless people divebomb, which in these cars with heavy damage would be hell.

Tokyo is a great track, could be a good race, even if the cars are hard to drive there - more likely to have small mistakes which brings the field back together

Tokyo is a great track, could be a good race, even if the cars are hard to drive there - more likely to have small mistakes which brings the field back together
We raced it on GT5, there weren't many crashes, just people with lots of damage. You used to be able to use the kerbs a lot, but the FGT on gt6 gets unsettled when using kerbs so the fast chicane sections would be horrendous and you are going to get multi car mile ups. I could see about 70% of the race being under caution which is no fun at all, at least with madrid you get a chance to avoid crashed because of the slower speeds, and that in turn should lead to less cautions.

We raced it on GT5, there weren't many crashes, just people with lots of damage. You used to be able to use the kerbs a lot, but the FGT on gt6 gets unsettled when using kerbs so the fast chicane sections would be horrendous and you are going to get multi car mile ups. I could see about 70% of the race being under caution which is no fun at all, at least with madrid you get a chance to avoid crashed because of the slower speeds, and that in turn should lead to less cautions.

Ahh more kerb issues than I expected... Shame

I struggled massively with understeer and couldn't get below a 43 where as Joe and Spurgy were in the 40's probably due to set-up as I had the default apart from gearing which I set to 240mph. Will have to find a tune as I can't tune (apart from gearing) as I would know what to change and when to change it and what effect it will have on the car

Back