• 222 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
WS1Ryzj.jpg

The FRL starts a first series for almost 10 months with the PCARS Indycar Series II - Successor to the inaugural FRL INDYCAR SERIES!

~Race Day: Sundays
~Room Up: 6.50pm
~Free Practice: 7pm
~Qualifying: 7:30pm
~Race Start: 7:45pm

~Race Distance: Laps
~Number Of Laps: Race-Dependent - Distances include 1 Pace Lap.
~Car Classes: Identical
~Rolling Start: Yes (Pace Lap Used)
~Mandatory Pit Stop: No

~Force Interior View: No
~Force Manual Gears: No
~Force Realistic Driving Aids: No
~Force Default Set-Ups: Yes

~Allow ABS: Yes
~Allow Stability Control: Yes
~Allow Traction Control: Yes

~Damage: Performance-Impacting (Except MOJAVE COYOTE NOOSE, SET TO "OFF")
~Mechanical Failures: Yes (Except MOJAVE COYOTE NOOSE, SET TO "OFF")
~Tyre Wear: Real
~Fuel Usage: No
~Auto Start Engine: Yes

~Flags & Penalties: Off
~Allow Ghosted Vehicles: No

-DALLARA DW12.

~Weather Slots: Fixed
~Conditions: Track-Dependant - see below for details
~Date Type: Custom
~Date: Real
~Starting Time: 15:00
~Time Progression: Real

Race #1 - Chevrolet Grand Prix of Road America ~ Road America ~ 40 Laps
Race #2 - Monterey Indy Grand Prix ~ Laguna Seca ~?? laps
Race #3 - Verizon Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma ~ Sonoma National ~ 60 Laps
Race #4 - FRL Azure Coast Indy Duels ~ Monaco ~ 2x 22 Laps (Half Points)
Race #5 - Honda Indy 100 ~ Sakitto International ~ 100 Laps
Race #6 - K-Mart Indy New Zealand 100 ~ Ruapana Outer ~ 100 Laps
Race #7 - Sandstorm 300k ~ Coyote Noose ~ 170 Laps
Race #8 - Toyota Indy Finals ~ Watkins Glen Full ~ ?? Laps

~Your best 7 out of 8 races are scored, with your worst score auto dropped. This drop is taken int account from after Race #6.

~Drivers can be entered in 2-car teams. Teams must use the same engine supplier.

~Points System:
1st: 50
2nd: 40
3rd: 35
4th: 32
5th: 30
6th: 28
7th: 26
8th: 24
9th: 22
10th: 20
11th: 19
12th: 18
13th: 17
14th: 16
15th: 15
16th: 14

Pole: 5
Lead Lap: 5
DNF: 10

~Register interest by posting in this thread with your PSN if you are a new racer.
~Post your entry in this format (my entry used as an example)

PSN: Furinkazen
Driver #: 54
Team: Furi AutoSports FAS
Engine: (Pick from AMG / Chevrolet / Cosworth / Honda / Lotus / Toyota)
Preferred PCARS Livery: #16

~The FRL now uses DISCORD, a free chat server much like TeamSpeak. I would like to request if possible in-race chat be kept to Discord to ease strain on connections for the PS4, and to ensure people can hear race control (myself) calling Cautions, etc.

~A link to the server is here. On joining please state who you are and you will be given FRL Channel Access permissions. I will also create you a private voice channel if you wish for your team. THIS IS NOT MANDATORY but will be of great benefit to you competing.

~In case of a major incident I may decide to call a caution. This will be called via in-game voice chat on PCARS. When a caution is called the field race back to the next sector and then slow down to pace speed. Pit Lane is CLOSED the moment a Caution is called.

~After 1 lap if Race Control (myself) is satisfied with the fields positioning pit lane may be opened. Cars exiting pits then may:

1) Raise speed to catch the leader and then fall in behind.
2) If the leader is a car that exited the pits, continue to maintain pace speed.

~Lap down cars "released" from being a lap behind by others pitting may continue around to make up a lap.

~Restarts are single file, from a Restart Zone told by race control to drivers.

ENTRY LIST:
#54 Furinkazen (Furi AutoSports-Lotus)

Last edited:
PSN: GTPorsche (still technically new since I haven't been in an official race yet. :P)
Driver #: 24
Team: SPB Motorsports
Engine: AMG
Preferred PCARS Livery: This will have to be random since I don't have the ability to purchase the DLC at this time.

PSN: GTPorsche (still technically new since I haven't been in an official race yet. :P)
Driver #: 24
Team: SPB Motorsports
Engine: AMG
Preferred PCARS Livery: This will have to be random since I don't have the ability to purchase the DLC at this time.

Good to have one more on board. OP is missing GWC section and a couple other small details which will be added in over the week.

Sorry, can't participate in this one due to my wheel being broke and in the process of exam prep but hopefully I can get in future events.

Probably won't be able to do this because the G27 won't work on the PS4. Will see if one goes on sale for a price I can't resist. Definitely interested though.

Probably won't be able to do this because the G27 won't work on the PS4. Will see if one goes on sale for a price I can't resist. Definitely interested though.

Can shoot you some DS4 settings as a stop-gap until then?

Probably not gonna do this as much as I love IndyCar. Different issues I have with some of the things set up here. Good luck though.

Can shoot you some DS4 settings as a stop-gap until then?
Haven't bought the game but that's more of me taking the time to go get it or order it. That's not the issue.

I can be miserably off pace with a DS4 and probably cause a bunch of crashes. Haven't played with a DS4 much since early GT5. I'm spoiled with the G27, and I don't know when I'll be getting a new wheel for the PS4.

If you have any settings and stuff, I'll see if I can get to play. The time slot might be a concern as well

PSN: GTP_RACECAR
Driver #: 2 (Since 19 and 32 are nowhere to be found)
Team: Toyota Tag Heuer
Engine: Toyota
Preferred PCARS Livery: #2 Tag Heuer

Haven't bought the game but that's more of me taking the time to go get it or order it. That's not the issue.

I can be miserably off pace with a DS4 and probably cause a bunch of crashes. Haven't played with a DS4 much since early GT5. I'm spoiled with the G27, and I don't know when I'll be getting a new wheel for the PS4.

If you have any settings and stuff, I'll see if I can get to play. The time slot might be a concern as well

No worries let me know :)

PSN: rcb929
Driver #: 11
Team: Inferno Racing
Engine: (Chevrolet)
Preferred PCARS Livery: #11
PSN: GTP_RACECAR
Driver #: 2 (Since 19 and 32 are nowhere to be found)
Team: Toyota Tag Heuer
Engine: Toyota
Preferred PCARS Livery: #2 Tag Heuer

Welcome aboard.

For purposes of signing up tentatively:

PSN: cnd01
Driver #: 5
Team: PAIS Motorsports
Engine: Honda
Preferred PCARS Livery: #5

Shoot me the settings and I'll give it a go

Will change the team name if someone wants to be a Honda teammate with me. Just chose the team name because of the livery

Might actually reserve a car just in case.

PSN: FutureF1
Driver #: 12
Preferred PCARS Livery: #12

For purposes of signing up tentatively:

PSN: cnd01
Driver #: 5
Team: PAIS Motorsports
Engine: Honda
Preferred PCARS Livery: #5

Shoot me the settings and I'll give it a go

Will change the team name if someone wants to be a Honda teammate with me. Just chose the team name because of the livery
Might actually reserve a car just in case.

PSN: FutureF1
Driver #: 12
Preferred PCARS Livery: #12

Welcome guys :D

@Foxed @Spurgy 777 @Carbonox I know lurking as well :mischievous:

Update the entry list Furi?

Just a thought: could we shoot for maybe max race times of 45 minutes to an hour or so. 40 laps at Road America is going to take 2+ hours. Maybe 1 or 2 races that are more of an enduro length.

Also, could we do an oval. (not sure if all those tracks are road course) Would like to do an Indy 500 or something maybe if it's for no points

Last edited:
Update the entry list Furi?

upload_2016-6-1_22-42-36.png

Just a thought: could we shoot for maybe max race times of 45 minutes to an hour or so. 40 laps at Road America is going to take 2+ hours. Maybe 1 or 2 races that are more of an enduro length.

Road America is around 1:40 - 1:43 laps, so 40 laps all under green would be around 70 minutes.

Also, could we do an oval. (not sure if all those tracks are road course) Would like to do an Indy 500 or something maybe if it's for no points

No ovals, the closest is Coyote Noose in Mojave, which is a very bumpy undulating 1.1 mile track with a reverse dogleg. 25 second laps. 190 laps will give you vertigo.

Road America is around 1:40 - 1:43 laps, so 40 laps all under green would be around 70 minutes.
With cautions, it'll be close to 2 hours though.

The longer the races are, the less I can make. I don't have more than 45 minutes-1 hour to devote to a race during the day. I have time to practice usually most evenings, but that's after my ChemE work for the day is complete. Idk if anyone else has this same concern. Don't change the whole thing for me alone. Anyone else who has the same concern feel free to voice it.

I think shorter races would be more fun too. After an hour of plugging laps, it's usually beyond obvious who is going to finish in what position barring disconnections which also increase with longer races

With cautions, it'll be close to 2 hours though.

The longer the races are, the less I can make. I don't have more than 45 minutes-1 hour to devote to a race during the day. I have time to practice usually most evenings, but that's after my ChemE work for the day is complete. Idk if anyone else has this same concern. Don't change the whole thing for me alone. Anyone else who has the same concern feel free to voice it.

I think shorter races would be more fun too. After an hour of plugging laps, it's usually beyond obvious who is going to finish in what position barring disconnections which also increase with longer races

If we can get a field in double figures it will be much more fun and time will pass quicker.

If we can get a field in double figures it will be much more fun and time will pass quicker.
That's true. I'd like to see some long rounds, and some shorter rounds for variation. Change up strategy and stuff.

Gave the DW12 a spin for the first time on PCars today. It's really hard with the DS4. Going to need some practice. Was only able to get a few warm up pace laps in in the 20 minutes I had

That's true. I'd like to see some long rounds, and some shorter rounds for variation. Change up strategy and stuff.

Gave the DW12 a spin for the first time on PCars today. It's really hard with the DS4. Going to need some practice. Was only able to get a few warm up pace laps in in the 20 minutes I had

I did consider a sprint round and I know we had that in Season 1, would ask opinions of others first though. I would consider Monaco as a split "Dual" event.

Back