FRL - Indycar Series IIFull 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 222 comments
He said it wouldn't matter if fuel use was off Ben.

Few Questions for later -
.Qualifying?
.Time for a start?

~Room Up: 6.50pm
~Free Practice: 7pm
~Qualifying: 7:30pm
~Race Start: 7:45pm

.Fuel on? (Bens problems)

~Damage: Performance-Impacting (Except MOJAVE COYOTE NOOSE, SET TO "OFF")
~Mechanical Failures: Yes (Except MOJAVE COYOTE NOOSE, SET TO "OFF")
~Tyre Wear: Real
~Fuel Usage: No
~Auto Start Engine: Yes

Do I have to be on discord as I'm not teamed up with anyone?

No, it is purely optional. I will be on PS4 in-game chat (NOT voice chat).

Down to a 28.8 here by the way.

~Room Up: 6.50pm
~Free Practice: 7pm
~Qualifying: 7:30pm
~Race Start: 7:45pm

~Damage: Performance-Impacting (Except MOJAVE COYOTE NOOSE, SET TO "OFF")
~Mechanical Failures: Yes (Except MOJAVE COYOTE NOOSE, SET TO "OFF")
~Tyre Wear: Real
~Fuel Usage: No
~Auto Start Engine: Yes

No, it is purely optional. I will be on PS4 in-game chat (NOT voice chat).

Down to a 28.8 here by the way.

Looks good but Damage and mechanical failures..... :(

Looks good but Damage and mechanical failures..... :(

Mechanical failures only tend to cause issues when you rev the engine to death.

If me being race control is an issue tonight (I don't have full map) i'm open to one of you guys being a spectator in race control for the season.

Just don't see the point in either. Its inevitable someone is going to feel cheated or annoyed from it. Why can't we just race.

Just don't see the point in either. Its inevitable someone is going to feel cheated or annoyed from it. Why can't we just race.

Generally thought we turned up to race? Whilst it was a different game, some of our best races on GT were always with full damage on, admittedly different from PCARS however.

Besides, this is a pre-season event, gives us a chance to iron out any issues and problems before the season proper starts.

Generally thought we turned up to race? Whilst it was a different game, some of our best races on GT were always with full damage on, admittedly different from PCARS however.

Besides, this is a pre-season event, gives us a chance to iron out any issues and problems before the season proper starts.

Ok but one question? Why is damage on?

And yet we saw countless times on GT5 that having no cautions on oval races, for instance, didn't mean drivers would respect each other enough to get through without wrecking.

PCARS has a bug in tuning restricted races where you cannot refuel / and or control the refueling amount.

Project Cars has bug where when you make contact with someone you stick to them like glue. How come we still want damage.

Project Cars has bug where when you make contact with someone you stick to them like glue. How come we still want damage.

In open wheelers we shouldn't be making contact anyway... another reason I decided against touring car races on PCARS.

In open wheelers we shouldn't be making contact anyway... another reason I decided against touring car races on PCARS.

I know others agree. I mean I guess I can understand damage to an extent but mechanical failures?

I know others agree. I mean I guess I can understand damage to an extent but mechanical failures?

Read - engine failures. Which are rare and only caused if you rev the engine like hell, which is very hard to do.

Read - engine failures. Which are rare and only caused if you rev the engine like hell, which is very hard to do.

No need to get arrogant. I'm not the only one that feels this way. It just seems I'm the only one that has the guts to question it. And for the record I do know what mechanical failures are and what they do we just don't understand why they are on. Imagine running 75% of the race and then your engine failing. I don't mean to complain but I and a few of the others
just know these issues will cause more frustration and annoyance than the bit of "realism" that it will provide.

Don't think I'll be able to make it.... As per usual, my family scheduled something without telling me :banghead:

Oh well. At least it's not a regular race.

Only way I see it working is tuning allowed and mandatory pitstop, only way to solve the bugs.

And if memory serves that's what we did at Road America.

Only way I see it working is tuning allowed and mandatory pitstop, only way to solve the bugs.

And if memory serves that's what we did at Road America.
Pretty sure we had fuel use and setup allowed there.

Apparently tonight wasn't glitched, game allows you to change tyres only after they get worn at a certain amount, that's what i've been told...

I think most of our front tires were probably near the point of needing changing if the game handles it the way I think it might.

I'm a fan of keeping the spec setup and making a mandatory pit stop. Maybe increase the fuel usage to where we have to pit

@TDZdave @cnd01 @RedPartyhat @Spurgy 777 @rcb929 @FutureF1 @GTPorsche @ryanaldoblanco @Foxed @Carbonox @TNR_5zigen @Glenalz81 @Niop @NAGT6 PM

Right:

~1. No Race this weekend, you americans are celebrating your independance apparently :P , and half of you drive bad enough without having been drinking ;) - in all seriousness event pushed back a week.
~2. Apparently Sunday wasn't bugged. PCARS I am told (after a little exchange of messages) does allow tyre changes but the tyres have to drop to a certain level of wear. So i'll be doing some testing of this theory.
~3. Hopefully will have two mics. This way I can switch from PS4 lobby (which i'm going to say is JUST for me to communicate as Race Control) and also to Discord.
~4. Any feedback from Sunday? Racing felt decent, restarts were alright apart from comms issues and generally I felt like it went alright. Damage didn't seem an issue for me, you may have other experiences and opinions.

Removing damage might be an idea incase of lag issues. Although Racecars connection mostly sorted itself out, he still had to pull over just incase he damaged someone. And Furi, I think there was some lag between us which caused me to be hit off into the chicane because you weren't damaged, and if that was an actual race it would have been ruined after one bit of lag.

Back