Garage data transfer GT5 to 6

• Thread starter Jarnac
  • 303 comments

Do you want to transfer your GT5 garage to GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 179 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 213 48.1%
  • whatever

Votes: 51 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 mil credits at the start would be a huge boost to your career. even 100k would give you a very good start.
I don't want a boost. Progression isn't fun. Having everything will simply make a better game.

I think it is silly that people are asking to have there garages importing and acting like not having that feature is somehow punishing them which clearly would not be the case. In the end the discussion really should not matter. I would think there is a 99.9% chance this never happens anyway ;)

I think the entire concept of car collecting silly, but then that wouldn't make me ask to get rid of it. Only make it optional.

Whatever the chances of it happening are or not, the demand for it is very valid.

No accomplishment in that, and seems boring.
My thoughts on A-Spec. So why not let people play as they want.

All that time, effort and money gone in to constructing an offline mode, and you say to just skip it as its boring and time consuming.........
And what about online? Even more effort, time, and money since it needs upkeep. You want to waste all that by not giving people all the cars so they can make races and events as diverse as possible?

You didnt have to complete the game to 100%
I don't try to because it's boring. In fact I happy to have my completion % lower than anyone on my friends list. I've never platinumed a game either. There's no accomplishment in it. I'd rather enjoy good gameplay.

you didn't have to buy every car
I want to because I like cars, driving, and racing.
and you don't have to buy GT6 if its not the game you really need.
And PD doesn't have to keep importing out.

I'd say very important for me...I spent a lot on paint chips..for all my cars there mine I love them especially the tuned ones..what if they don't premium X them all in the future..and their not in GT6.. Then surly the swapping game will be massive ..premium or not as long as they work in GT6 I want them..of course some of the greats will have to be upgraded...but a lot are just fun as they are and should stay that way...more is better if you ask me..why not!

There's always a tendency here on GTP if you don't like it to get. Rid of it...all I'm saying is you had the choice not to play B-spec if you dint like it..but now I fear it's gone for ever because of the fuse here...and now I have no choice and I liked it...be careful what you wish out loud for if it doesn't really matter to you...
Choices are all ways better than no choices...lets have it all thats what I say...

I voted no, prefer to work my way up through the career this way I don't get bored after a week of playing.

I don't see how having all of the cars is cheating anything. It's not like it requires even a medium amount of skill to acquire them, just time and/or luck.

Thank you for actually getting my point.

And OP, I reread it and the answer should be pretty obvious from my previous post, namely yes.

The novelty from starting with 1 car and slowly upgrading and buying new cars is long gone. It's nice that a lot of users have more than enough time to rebuy their garage from gt5, but I'll take a pass on that.

I think the option should be there but not to be done by default.

I personally wouldn't want to import my 950 car garage to GT6 as there will be no point in GT6 then.

I think the option should be there but not to be done by default.

I personally wouldn't want to import my 950 car garage to GT6 as there will be no point in GT6 then.

People keep saying things like this and it's odd, it's as if to these people collecting cars is the point of the game, not the actual driving/racing of them?

I think the game is just stating once you own all the cars. They better be unlocked for arcade.

Nah, maybe, as it has already been suggested, give us, I don't know, 100,000 cr boost to start with.

I personally like the whole episode of buying your first car. You don't have many options, although the 100,000 cr would significantly change that, and you always remember your fist car.

You're presuming it's an automatic transfer.

Whereby the option should be there, so IF you want to you can and if not then no problem.

I don't want a boost. Progression isn't fun. Having everything will simply make a better game.

I think the entire concept of car collecting silly, but then that wouldn't make me ask to get rid of it. Only make it optional.

Whatever the chances of it happening are or not, the demand for it is very valid.

My thoughts on A-Spec. So why not let people play as they want.

And what about online? Even more effort, time, and money since it needs upkeep. You want to waste all that by not giving people all the cars so they can make races and events as diverse as possible?

I don't try to because it's boring. In fact I happy to have my completion % lower than anyone on my friends list. I've never platinumed a game either. There's no accomplishment in it. I'd rather enjoy good gameplay.

I want to because I like cars, driving, and racing.

And PD doesn't have to keep importing out.

Progression isn't fun????? Life is progression, sports is progression, gaming has progression. With out it, that wouldn't be fun.

Car collecting is only a small part in the game (one trophy for 1000 cars).

It's not really a demand like thousands of people wanting it like its truely important.

Its not a sandbox type game so its designed in a linear way, through PROGRESSION. A-spec is there as an offline mode, importing garage can be for arcade garage which can be a sub menu for online as 'GT5 Garage' but the feature must have an OFF button.

I'm not saying don't give people all cars but half the GT5 universe don't. But cars shouldn't be given for nothing, thy need to be earned.

Completion % is there as part of the progression, it's either you aren't playing the right game, maybe your more towards an online online PC Sim where its only about racing.

Most people on GT5 like cars and racing but collect as they've played the game through. Big cars for me were Rx7s, GTRs and hatchback.

PD doesn't have to leave it out but they don't have to add it in either, the needs of the minority don't out way the needs of the majority.

And to end, and from play through GT3 GT4 and GT5, i've would never understand importing. Older games had much less cars so importing was a minimal effect. Yea you could play how you want but 99% of games design a route of passage with many side quests, even open world RPGs have a linear story line to follow, yes you don't have to so the story but you get less in return.

Oh and fixed.
I don't want a boost. Progression isn't fun. Having everything will simply make a better Online Sim.

I'm not saying don't give people all cars but half the GT5 universe don't. But cars shouldn't be given for nothing, thy need to be earned.

Why? GT6 is almost a continuation of GT5 if you imagine it as a "world". I've already 'earned' all of those cars in GT5, why do I need to do it again? Like I said before it hardly take a lot of skill to 'earn' cars in GT5.

Progression isn't fun????? Life is progression, sports is progression, gaming has progression. With out it, that wouldn't be fun.
No it's not fun.

And you're telling me people spend literally thousands of dollars to play this to not have fun:

And that spending thousands of dollars isn't for those people who built a working cockpit, just for the people who buy a $1500+ computer, $400 controls, and the $40 game.

And just because the game does not non nonsensically lock away content from you, all this can't be done for fun?

Car collecting is only a small part in the game (one trophy for 1000 cars).
It's one of the most annoying parts of the game. Just like trophies.

It's not really a demand like thousands of people wanting it like its truely important.
It is demanded of you. All I want to do is go race online, but before I can I need to waste many hours in A-Spec just to get cars, parts to tune them, and the money to do both.

Its not a sandbox type game so its designed in a linear way, through PROGRESSION.
Which doesn't matter. It can still have a free mode.

A-spec is there as an offline mode, importing garage can be for arcade garage which can be a sub menu for online as 'GT5 Garage' but the feature must have an OFF button.
What needs an off option? Importing cars to GT6? Of course.

Keeping people from importing cars in online rooms? No. That is simply ridiculous.

No they don't. There isn't a single reason for this. It adds not a single thing to the game.

Completion % is there as part of the progression, it's either you aren't playing the right game, maybe your more towards an online online PC Sim where its only about racing.
Or I can ask PD to make the game better. Why should I change games?

PD doesn't have to leave it out but they don't have to add it in either, the needs of the minority don't out way the needs of the majority.
Firstly show me that the minority want imports. Secondly there is no majority or minority because there is no conflict here.

Allowing import makes everyone happy, and a free mode is easier to create than GT Mode. It basically requires no effort at all on PD's part. They already have an Arcade Mode that can be made into a free mode.

And to end, and from play through GT3 GT4 and GT5, i've would never understand importing. Older games had much less cars so importing was a minimal effect.
GT5 to GT6 would give me 1200 cars. And who cares if it's minimal. It's so much better than starting with nothing.

Yea you could play how you want but 99% of games design a route of passage with many side quests, even open world RPGs have a linear story line to follow, yes you don't have to so the story but you get less in return.
You only get less if the game is horribly biased toward one type of play.

No it's not fun.

And you're telling me people spend literally thousands of dollars to play this to not have fun:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbpIChigmfU">YouTube Link</a>

And that spending thousands of dollars isn't for those people who built a working cockpit, just for the people who buy a $1500+ computer, $400 controls, and the $40 game.

And just because the game does not non nonsensically lock away content from you, all this can't be done for fun?

It's one of the most annoying parts of the game. Just like trophies.

It is demanded of you. All I want to do is go race online, but before I can I need to waste many hours in A-Spec just to get cars, parts to tune them, and the money to do both.

Which doesn't matter. It can still have a free mode.

What needs an off option? Importing cars to GT6? Of course.

Keeping people from importing cars in online rooms? No. That is simply ridiculous.

No they don't. There isn't a single reason for this. It adds not a single thing to the game.

Or I can ask PD to make the game better. Why should I change games?

Firstly show me that the minority want imports. Secondly there is no majority or minority because there is no conflict here.

Allowing import makes everyone happy, and a free mode is easier to create than GT Mode. It basically requires no effort at all on PD's part. They already have an Arcade Mode that can be made into a free mode.

GT5 to GT6 would give me 1200 cars. And who cares if it's minimal. It's so much better than starting with nothing.

You only get less if the game is horribly biased toward one type of play.

Thats is a pure simulation where you pay for the content. This is a console game where you pay for a game. You want to change it our way to a sim, which could turn away thousands of people that might think 'whats the point in that' you may be buying the game and having the content but its still there terms and conditions and if they want you to earn it than you will have too. And how does allowing imports make everyone happy, what about the people that didnt collect many cars, people that didnt buy gt5, people that jus didnt find time.

You say you only get less if its biased, take away the offline aspect, cars and progression theres not much left, leave it in and you can still go online with everything but after its been played the way it was designed. While your asking PD, just ask for an online only version with everything available. If i wanted it my way i'd start with even less and you would race towards sponsors for racing that fund a career.

Whatever - to each its own.
Even though I have more than 300 cars and more than 90% of GT5 done I will like to start all over with GT6 but if I no longer have the time I had to play the game then I think I would like to have a head start to be able to jump right into a proper race car.

I actually like starting from scratch for a new game. I like the feeling of working my way up to something and get that feeling of accomplishment

Scanning through the used dealership for your first car is half the experience of a Gran Turismo. Never forget how you felt when you launched GT1's gran turismo mode for the first time.

Scanning through the used dealership for your first car is half the experience of a Gran Turismo. Never forget how you felt when you launched GT1's gran turismo mode for the first time.

How many times do you want to essentially play the same game over and over though, from scratch? I'll seriously be considering not buying GT6 if the single player A-Spec experience is more of the same, Sunday Cup at Autumn Ring and so on.

How many times do you want to essentially play the same game over and over though, from scratch? I'll seriously be considering not buying GT6 if the single player A-Spec experience is more of the same, Sunday Cup at Autumn Ring and so on.

I agree with that but they wouldn't be that stupid. Kaz is a smart business man with racing experience and knowledge. A-spec must be a big improvwment.

It's a part of the charm and apparently quite a few people seem to enjoy that progression.

In the 15th anniversary demo, The Sunday Cup event could be seen, so be prepared.

I agree with that but they wouldn't be that stupid. Kaz is a smart business man with racing experience and knowledge. A-spec must be a big improvwment.

What do you mean they wouldn't? A-Spec has been essentially the same for every single game so I don't hold out much hope it's going to radically change for GT6. Improving doesn't just mean adding more events, by the way.

The screenshots of GT6 that show Sunday Cup and Clubman Cup don't fill me with confidence.

Thats is a pure simulation where you pay for the content. This is a console game where you pay for a game.
There is no difference at all. Sims are game. You play sims for fun, just like games.

You want to change it our way to a sim,
No, I want GT to provide a simulation mode, not replace A-Spec with one. And this could turn thousands of people to the series because it would make serious racing and competition much more accessible.

And how does allowing imports make everyone happy, what about the people that didnt collect many cars, people that didnt buy gt5, people that jus didnt find time.
It makes everyone happy because it provides an option to satisfy everyone. What about those people? They can't import of course. They could make use of a free mode or just receive cars from people who did import.

You say you only get less if its biased, take away the offline aspect, cars and progression theres not much left,
As far as I see it, take that away and you get 100% of the game instead of 50%.

leave it in and you can still go online with everything but after its been played the way it was designed. While your asking PD, just ask for an online only version with everything available. If i wanted it my way i'd start with even less and you would race towards sponsors for racing that fund a career.

The way that the game was designed is not the right way to play or the best way to play. Also no one has said anything about removing A-Spec, only making it optional. Hence everyone wins. You'll be able to progress while I'll just go online or make my own races vs AI.

I don't remember at all except for GT4 where I imported 100,000 cr to get a Viper.

It's a part of the charm and apparently quite a few people seem to enjoy that progression.

In the 15th anniversary demo, The Sunday Cup event could be seen, so be prepared.

I'm not like Exorcet, I do enjoy the progression of an offline game but I'm sick and tired of it being basically the same thing for every game. I know there is only so much you can do when it comes to the actual races but the organisation and progression can certainly evolve.

As you say from that screenshot it seems GT6 isn't going to, it's just going to be GT1-5 again. I hope not.

For you, maybe. I don't even remember the first car I bought in GT5.

They've been that stupid four times in a row so far. The Prologues are the only ones that have deviated at all from the format that was laid down in GT1.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a change now.

There is no difference at all. Sims are game. You play sims for fun, just like games.

No, I want GT to provide a simulation mode, not replace A-Spec with one. And this could turn thousands of people to the series because it would make serious racing and competition much more accessible.

It makes everyone happy because it provides an option to satisfy everyone. What about those people? They can't import of course. They could make use of a free mode or just receive cars from people who did import.

As far as I see it, take that away and you get 100% of the game instead of 50%.

The way that the game was designed is not the right way to play or the best way to play. Also no one has said anything about removing A-Spec, only making it optional. Hence everyone wins. You'll be able to progress while I'll just go online or make my own races vs AI.

I don't remember at all except for GT4 where I imported 100,000 cr to get a Viper.

Pc sim vs console so called sim. Fairly big difference, Pc sims usual are simplistic and are about setting up great races with any car you like through a wide variety of tracks available as the resources are used for the products on offer not the game itself which will always be improved, update and expanded. GT isn't like that and never has been, ok so i join at GT3 not GT1 in a sense of actually playing not just load up a few times and turn away. Progression has always been the way GT has been set out, why have experience and driver levels, why have licenses, why add special events if they didn't won't it as a progression. Its seems like you want to create a better game (for you) but to me, That takes alot of the GT DNA away. And given that you imported Cr. to start, thats an advantage they gave you for being loyal. Giving you all cars is being greedy.

I do understand you with the fact that i theory you want to games on one disc but it sounds to me like you want a few sub tiers at games loading screen career/simulation/arcade/creation/settings etc but even with simulations, i only see all cars available but not all 'your' cars so you would still need to customise them.

And say 2 other points, make everyone happy by adding the option, but its that option itself that would collapse the argue. Its impossible to make EVERYONE happy or GT5 would be in everyones home. And the other was that the game was designed wrong. Play licenses, get few free cars, start at bottom league racing (acquiring faster cars on the way) till you reach endurance racing with a few side races to complete. Seems an awful lot like GT Academy to me.

I voted "yes", because I probably would want to transfer one of the 3 game saves I have into GT6 (one with a practically complete garage with unmodified cars only), but play it from scratch on the other 1 or 2 accounts.

I don't really see the harm in allowing to carry over the garage, because, if the payouts for the races are similar to what they are in GT5 now, it will be very easy to get your hands on cars that are fast enough to win any event very quickly anyway. So, the in-game credits would not really be an issue.

In my opinion they should make the credits easy to come by, but make the restrictions (tyres, PP, etc.) for the races much tougher. The achievement should be to drive a good race in an appropriate car, not to get a hugely overpowered car in order to win a race.

I don't remember ever being able to transfer cars on any GT game, at least not a full garage anyway. So why would it change now? Starting from the beginning with a slow car and working your way to faster cars is what GT is all about, weather you like it or not.

I would highly welcome a garage transfer if only to avoid the massive amount of tedium of having to run races against the AI to acquire pathetic amounts of money to build a garage at a snail's pace. Having to run through endless license tests, A-Spec and Seasonal races will be pure drudgery for me and I'm sure many others. There needs to be some acknowledgement in the game that many of us have played GT and other sims for years and we don't need basic license tests and races with 1989 Miata's to figure out how to go fast.

Back