Geneva VGT???

• Thread starter A_A_RO_N
  • 231 comments
I understand you're upset, but you being upset is not evidence that they have stopped supporting GT6.

No the link I posted earlier is evidence that GT6 has been abandoned. The Gran Turismo Development team doesn't want to take too long working on GT7 so they are trying to push it out in 2014... This Year.. That means resources are devoted too yep you guessed it GT7..

You bought the game knowing what you were getting, and knowing that you DID NOT know when the 'coming' features were actually coming. Who's fault is that really?

Actually I Bought the game Expecting a full product not 1/3 of a product.... silly me. Guess thats what I get for having faith in PD and their Gran Turismo Franchise..

Last edited by a moderator:
If PD says that GT7 will be ready in 2014 they really say that they are launching game that has 2 cars and Autumn mini. Other cars, features and tracks will be added "in the future". Game still costs 65E and conman Kaz travels all around the world with translator-san telling lies and empty promises.

No the link I posted earlier is evidence that GT6 has been abandoned. The Gran Turismo Development team doesn't want to take too long working on GT7 so they are trying to push it out in 2014... This Year.. That means resources are devoted too yep you guessed it GT7..

No it's not. It's just evidence that if possible he would like to release GT7 this year, it doesn't mean anything for GT6. They were updating GT5 while they were making GT6, so I'm sure it's possible for them to update GT6 while working on GT7.

You bought the game knowing what you were getting, and knowing that you DID NOT know when the 'coming' features were actually coming. Who's fault is that really?

Despite playing GT since '01. I bought this particular one BECAUSE of their supposed incredible track creator they had been boasting about. And I went ahead and bought it on release because I figured, hey, I'll just work on A-spec while they finish it. (I was expecting maybe a month delay on the feature, how naive right?)

Instead here I am, at 100% - nothing to do but replay S events over and over, and wait for new seasonals to come out. (I don't play online much because of flaky internet connection.)

I mean this is just pathetic, as far as I'm concerned it is 100% their fault. They sure tricked me real good with the supposed improved sounds that'd be patched in, the track maker (hyped up ronda spain free-roam), the mobile app GPS, and their promising vision GT cars - which I thought was a really cool way to flex their muscles within the auto industry. Now yeah sure, they might eventually add all these things. But cheated is how I feel right now, and from reading I'm sure not alone.

Its true that it is a long wait for these surposid additions. But maybe slow GT6 sales and not enough activity has forced them to focus on next gen more. With VGT cars being a continuous thing, really no loss over that. Given that PS4s have sold over 6 Mill now, big market is there where i think they thought wouldnt be so soon. Both the Crew and Driverclub come out this yest and Project cars soon after, GT7 next yeat or even in 2014 Q4 is possible, especially with the better hardware.

Actually I Bought the game Expecting a full product not 1/3 of a product.... silly me. Guess thats what I get for having faith in PD and their Gran Turismo Franchise..

Well maybe silly you, it's nothing to do with your faith in PD or the GT franchise, and everything to do with not actually bothering to look and see what features where in the game you were buying.

Despite playing GT since '01. I bought this particular one BECAUSE of their supposed incredible track creator they had been boasting about. And I went ahead and bought it on release because I figured, hey, I'll just work on A-spec while they finish it. (I was expecting maybe a month delay on the feature, how naive right?)

Instead here I am, at 100% - nothing to do but replay S events over and over, and wait for new seasonals to come out. (I don't play online much because of flaky internet connection.)

I mean this is just pathetic, as far as I'm concerned it is 100% their fault. They sure tricked me real good with the supposed improved sounds that'd be patched in, the track maker (hyped up ronda spain free-roam), the mobile app GPS, and their promising vision GT cars - which I thought was a really cool way to flex their muscles within the auto industry. Now yeah sure, they might eventually add all these things. But cheated is how I feel right now, and from reading I'm sure not alone.

Then perhaps when the game didn't launch with an incredible track creator you should have kept your wallet in your pocket. If you're bummed at A-spec then that's fine, it's not great, but really you've no right to be pissed at PD for not delivering these other features yet. They didn't say you would get the features in 3 months time, or 6 months or even a year, heck they didn't even say that you'd get them before GT7 was launched. You say cheated, I don't see it. Was the product you bought worth what you paid for it.. maybe, maybe not. But that issue is separate from you expecting something which had not been promised (certain content by a certain date).

No it's not. It's just evidence that if possible he would like to release GT7 this year, it doesn't mean anything for GT6. They were updating GT5 while they were making GT6, so I'm sure it's possible for them to update GT6 while working on GT7.

Planned features that were promised and still haven't been released is evidence that PD "could" have shifted focus, I have no doubt they are and have been working on GT7 for some time now, question is have they tottaly abandoned GT6 bar the odd seasonal event and VGT cars?

The answer is looking more and more like a yes with each passing day.

Planned features that were promised and still haven't been released is evidence that PD "could" have shifted focus, I have no doubt they are and have been working on GT7 for some time now, question is have they tottaly abandoned GT6 bar the odd seasonal event and VGT cars?

The answer is looking more and more like a yes with each passing day.

It's not evidence, it's speculation.

All the stuff they boasted about was completely missleading, Whilst they held the 1st event at silverstone telling us how great the new course creator is going to be along with other stuff they knew all along that it would not be ready for release or even close yet they chose to rope people in then let the cat out of the bag very close to release, This is probally the thing i most find unforgivable and pretty much broke any loyalty i had with this franchise or any chance of me accepeting anything but perfection from them in the futer for me to even consider giving PD my custom. Brrrrap

I reached out to SCEA again tonight, and, unfortunately, they are still unable to provide any comment on the status of a new Vision GT car in Geneva.

I know many of you were probably looking forward to it after my recent suggestive post. To clarify, I had confirmation from two independent and highly trusted sources that a certain car company would be debuting their Vision GT concept today (March 6th), but, clearly, there has been a delay or change of plans. I apologize if I've contributed to the disappointment; plans always seem to be changing behind the scenes.

Of course, the Geneva Auto Show still has more days to come, and the infamous "February update" for GT6 is now yet another week past due, so it feels like something has to happen sooner rather than later. We'll just have wait to see, but I'm now in the dark just as much as the rest of you regarding what's going to happen next.

Tough spot to be in Jordan.
Maybe they will throw in a bonus and include in the update a new unexpected vehicle, like say, the bus they threw you under?

:-)

Hence I used "could" and "likely"

Hence why it's no evidence. You say it's getting more and more likely that the game is abandoned, but that's just a belief that doesn't have any support.

What's likely is that there's a delay. If several good sources one week ago said that there would be a VGT car today (or was it yesterday?), it's far more likely that there has been a delay rather than that PD would have suddenly decided to abandon everything.

Hence why it's no evidence. You say it's getting more and more likely that the game is abandoned, but that's just a belief that doesn't have any support.

What's likely is that there's a delay. If several good sources one week ago said that there would be a VGT car today (or was it yesterday?), it's far more likely that there has been a delay rather than that PD would have suddenly decided to abandon everything.

Not talking about a VGt car, rather a wealth of unreleased promised features.

Well maybe silly you, it's nothing to do with your faith in PD or the GT franchise, and everything to do with not actually bothering to look and see what features where in the game you were buying.

Then perhaps when the game didn't launch with an incredible track creator you should have kept your wallet in your pocket. If you're bummed at A-spec then that's fine, it's not great, but really you've no right to be pissed at PD for not delivering these other features yet. They didn't say you would get the features in 3 months time, or 6 months or even a year, heck they didn't even say that you'd get them before GT7 was launched. You say cheated, I don't see it. Was the product you bought worth what you paid for it.. maybe, maybe not. But that issue is separate from you expecting something which had not been promised (certain content by a certain date).

Wow hindsight's sure 20/20 isn't it?

Easy to tell people they shouldn't have bought something based on how things have turned out. Next time I'll ask to borrow your crystal ball.

Friday is pretty typical in the corporate world, as it gives you the whole weekend to be ready for the 9-5ers on Monday morning. Games on the other hand are almost exclusively Tuesdays, with the only exception that I can think of off the top of my head being Microsoft using Thursday (Wednesday? (I haven't used an xbox in some time)).

We made Android apps, commercials, short films...

Wow hindsight's sure 20/20 isn't it?

Easy to tell people they shouldn't have bought something based on how things have turned out. Next time I'll ask to borrow your crystal ball.

Nothing to do with my shiny magical balls, maybe next time you should just read the pre-release information.

Nothing to do with my shiny magical balls, maybe next time you should just read the pre-release information.

Understand what you're saying. But it comes down to this: (and you and your "shiny magical balls" aren't going to change my mind.)

I hold people to their word. Regardless of if they are a game developer, or my next door neighbor. So I expect, to a certain degree, that they will be reliable. PD have not, plain and simple.

I hold people to their word. Regardless of if they are a game developer, or my next door neighbor. So I expect, to a certain degree, that they will be reliable. PD have not, plain and simple.
That'll be Sony, not PD.

PD don't have a press department - and Kazunori isn't their spokesperson. They develop games and their parent company - Sony - handles all the publishing, including media. Everything published on the Sony website or Gran-Turismo.com is from Sony, all the adverts, press materials and press releases are from Sony and all of the statements made by Kazunori as a figurehead are quote-mined by Sony. Product features list? Written by Sony.

However, in this instance, the lack of response has almost nothing to do with Sony. We were expecting a manufacturer to unveil a car yesterday at the Geneva Motor Show and presumably a twin-reveal on GT6. The car was a no-show and this is quite likely a problem with the manufacturer rather than the publisher (though it could be the case that the game car wasn't ready). Due to the nature of exclusivity and confidentiality agreements, Sony can't reveal what the car is or why we don't have it and the car manufacturer can't reveal the reasons for the car being a no show - either concern revealing any information reveals the car and it's likely the contracts are for a simultaneous release. We can't even be told who the manufacturer is!

So we're all kept in the dark.

I blame the lawyers.

Understand what you're saying. But it comes down to this: (and you and your "shiny magical balls" aren't going to change my mind.)

Nobody's broken "their word" yet. Stop catastrophising.

That'll be Sony, not PD.

PD don't have a press department - and Kazunori isn't their spokesperson. They develop games and their parent company - Sony - handles all the publishing, including media. Everything published on the Sony website or Gran-Turismo.com is from Sony, all the adverts, press materials and press releases are from Sony and all of the statements made by Kazunori as a figurehead are quote-mined by Sony. Product features list? Written by Sony.

However, in this instance, the lack of response has almost nothing to do with Sony. We were expecting a manufacturer to unveil a car yesterday at the Geneva Motor Show and presumably a twin-reveal on GT6. The car was a no-show and this is quite likely a problem with the manufacturer rather than the publisher (though it could be the case that the game car wasn't ready). Due to the nature of exclusivity and confidentiality agreements, Sony can't reveal what the car is or why we don't have it and the car manufacturer can't reveal the reasons for the car being a no show - either concern revealing any information reveals the car and it's likely the contracts are for a simultaneous release. We can't even be told who the manufacturer is!

So we're all kept in the dark.

I blame the lawyers.

Right, and I felt in this instance that it would most likely be on BMW, or which ever manufacture it would have been. But I still think it's on PD for not releasing features/updates on time - such as Feb. update.

Collectively all this, whomever's fault it may be, is giving the Gran Turismo franchise a bad track record. I want them to succeed as much as anyone, I still play GT6. But I'm gonna be upset about how things have been handled.

Nobody's broken "their word" yet. Stop catastrophising.

It must still be feburary

Right, and I felt in this instance that it would most likely be on BMW, or which ever manufacture it would have been. But I still think it's on PD for not releasing features/updates on time - such as Feb. update.

Collectively all this, whomever's fault it may be, is giving the Gran Turismo franchise a bad track record. I want them to succeed as much as anyone, I still play GT6. But I'm gonna be upset about how things have been handled.

It must still be feburary

If it helps, by all means!

But I don't recall that being a "promise", either, it probably came from the same sources...
I'm gonna spend some time contributing to the Skywind project, I can wait until PD iron the kinks out of whatever it is they're doing with GT6. It's a shame you couldn't wait, but that's it, nothing more.

Right, and I felt in this instance that it would most likely be on BMW, or which ever manufacture it would have been.
And since this is the Vision GT thread (specifically the Geneva Vision GT thread), that's where this should end. However...
But I still think it's on PD for not releasing features/updates on time - such as Feb. update.
PD didn't tell us a timetable for the "February update". Sony did* - that's Sony's job as publisher. If this was an internally agreed deadline and PD didn't meet it, sure, blame PD for missing it.

But, and this is where the asterisk comes in, there was no official announcement of this update. So, while a Sony representative may have let a date slip, the fact is there's no written due date for it. So how can anyone be holding the developer responsible for not meeting a deadline not even set by the publisher?

As for the other features that were included in the product features list as "coming in future updates", I don't see any set times for these either. I can't see how we get to a conclusion that PD are not doing things "on time" when there isn't a timeframe.
Collectively all this, whomever's fault it may be, is giving the Gran Turismo franchise a bad track record.
For the most part the fault is the at the feet (wheels?) of the hype train.

Yes, we were promised "x" features. Yes, they haven't arrived yet. But no, we weren't sold a game under false pretences because they were always marked as future features - and no-one's missed any deadlines yet because they haven't been set. Yes, PD (and Sony) have an "interesting" track record when it comes to deadlines but here they've promised nothing other than the eventual arrival of these features to this game.
I want them to succeed as much as anyone, I still play GT6. But I'm gonna be upset about how things have been handled.
GT6 is being handled with the ethos of "We'll tell you about it when we know". This is something they've learned after consumers railed against constant drip-feeding of tidbits - GTPlanet's GT5 Blog articles were flooded with "RELEASE THE DAMN GAME" comments every week.

Apparently you genuinely can't please all the people all of the time...

Now. Can we get back to the Vision GT car - or absence of it - for Geneva and relocate these "promised feature" discussions to more appropriate threads?

And since...

Fair enough! Those are all good points. I'm probably one of the victims of the hype train I will admit.

Still, read through these forums, ha! just the thread titles even, read through GT's facebook comments, read pretty much anything regarding GT6 and you're going to see a lot of upset people. Maybe they have a misguided reasoning, sure. But I still feel they have a right to be upset, including myself.

@Griffith500 Also, I have to disagree. I don't think I'm catastrophizing, I never said I would boycott like some, nor did I say anything else dramatic like I'm going to go buy an XBOX one and ditch GT. I will still be playing GT in the future, I will still pay for DLC if it interests me, and I'll still be a fan.

GT5 had no release date, and the hype train was deadly strong. As was January.

This car is going to be interesting. I hope there is more with it. As someone I've read said, "The update may include more than the car, but when the car wasn't ready, it was more work to have 2 updates than to just hold off and wait."

I take that as more what is going on than what everyone is impatient about. So saying, I'm sad the car wasn't ready.

But, and here is a BIG but... Sony and PD have not lied. They have stated what they want and are working on it. We will find out what that means when the update(s) arrive.

And, they are not lying when they say what they want to do. They just end up not being able to provide it due to time and resources.

Are they abandoning 6? Give me a break! They have... how many.... 100-200 people working for them?

REALLY?!!! YOU THINK ALL (AS IN EVERY.SINGLE.ONE!!!!) ARE NOT WORKING ON DIFFERENT PROJECTS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a break. Grrr...... :mad::odd::rolleyes:

The car is coming. It's an absolute guarantee. The other parts of the update are there and are merely waiting for the right person to (very literally) turn the key. ;)

This is going to be awesome! I personally hope that more than one VGT will appear this month!

Looks like some nice cars at Geneva, Ruf RCT would be a good GT6 add, Lexus RCF GT3, Skoda Vision C, Jag XFRS sport brake.

I understand, just Extremely disgusted with PD and KAZ at the moment. Highly pissed off that he treats his customers like this... How can some one justifiably 🤬 on the people who make his business possible? Like I've posted in other threads I've lost all hope for this game.

Sure KAZ promised content, but at this point I'm viewing it like a campaign promise from a politician.. Sure it sounds good, but will it happen? Probably not.

Just saddens me because Ive been a loyal Gran Turismo consumer and fan since GT1. And too be duped into buying 1/3 of a game just enrages me.

SO if this "Supposed" future update is anything but massive... Ill never purchase another product from PD again. And by massive I mean it better Atleast have Course Creator, B-spec or the online community feature... Not a Vision car and one track...

KAZ's silence is not doing him or any of us any good. If anything, Its driving long time customers like me.. Away. And I know from other posts on this site, that I'm not alone in this thinking..
Probably the most correct statement ever on GTP.

only able to bring information, not control the circumstances that allow the information to be revealedAs well it should be.

If we're told that a manufacturer intends to reveal a car at an event and it comes from high enough in the food chain, we'll pass that on. If the manufacturer changes its mind - or production delays force a postponement - it's not our fault, nor the fault of whomever brought us the information. Had we posted it as news on the Blog, you might have cause for complaint, but we didn't.

We're not entirely sure what happened to cause the manufacturer not to reveal their car during the Geneva Motor Show press days as they were scheduled to do, but it's not Jordan's fault, nor the fault of the sources who (independently) brought that information to us. It might not even be the fault of the manufacturer - it could just as easily be a production delay as a management decision.

It might be worth you remembering that and winding your neck in, given the access GTPlanet and our sources have given the community over the last 12 years.
I cannot believe how childish and disrespectful so many people are being about this update isse ( and the rest of GT6 for that matter). To me, this highlights EXACTLY why PD may not communicate as much with it's user base as "it should".

Jordan gives us some interesting and exciting news form reliable sources. For some reason, unknown to Jordan and us, things happen to change.

What is the response that many give him for his efforts??? Whining, Crying, Negativity, Disrespect.

Does anyone other than me see why PD may possibly choose to not interact with the GT Community as much as we would all like. This community has many great and helpful people, and an even greater number of ungrateful, overly entitled users that seem to feel that they are owed the world.

While I have not had nearly as much face-to-face time with Kaz and the PD Staff as Jordan has, I have spent a few days interacting with PD's Modeling Staff, SCEA's crew, and one superb evening in the VIP Lounge of the GT Awards with Kaz, And Staff. These are real people who are as enamored with Gran Turismo as any of the " Fans" are. They seem to respect the Fans more than many of the fans respect them. I think that it is hiogh time that some of the fans start to show some class and respect.

Geez........

Latest Posts

Back