Gran Turismo 7 April 2026 Update: Renault Twingo, Porsche 964 Turbo S, Yangwang U9, Power Pack Changes, Reverse 'Ring Circuit Experience

  • Thread starter Thread starter mastretta_mx
  • 630 comments
  • 111,854 views
It doesn't have a overtake button, must wait for the Xtreme.
Eric Cartman Lol GIF by South Park
 
They have never said when it will come to GT7, I'm sure it will be added at some point in the future, for now (edit. tomorrow) we can enjoy the road going version.
The normal version will just be another pointless EV that has no brakes.
It just the 2024 model U9 painted in red to look like U9 Xtreme, they played us like a damn fiddle.
But I'm pretty sure the Xtreme will come later, BYD isn't going to let PD steal the spotlight away from their upcoming top speed run.
I'm pretty sure they won't stop at 496.22 km/h and wants another attempt.
They had one chance to make a first/good impression and they have failed.
 
I cant drive that Turbo arround the ring it snaps like crazy. Tried tuning a bid but its hopeless.

Someone has a good tip?
 
After driving all three cars I can say this update is pretty great.

I tuned the Twingo to 400 PP, Comfort Soft tires. What a surprise! Great handling, even with double the power. I would've been happy to have this as my first car.

The 964 Turbo S is pure Porsche. Brought back memories from NFS Porsche's own 964 Turbos. And, call me whatever you want, but, while I like the screaming GT3s of today, to me there's something special in that low revving whoosh that a classic turbocharged aircooled Turbo makes.

The Wangyang was another surprise. It may be on the heavier side, but it behaves so well on the track, you almost don't care about the weight. A win for BYD.

Haven't tried the rebalanced Power Pack yet, but the addition of weekly challenges as well as the ability to use my own cars has motivated me to complete the sprints at least. Endurance is another story, but hey, maybe I eventually get there.

I hate the idea of a reverse Nordschleife but will try to gold it anyway. At least PD gave us a car that should be easier to gold it with rather than the M6 from the original challenge.

I've been playing GT7 since release and, while it has always been a good game, the updates have made it incredible. I trust PD will make it even better while it lasts.

I cant drive that Turbo arround the ring it snaps like crazy. Tried tuning a bid but its hopeless.

Someone has a good tip?

You can try making the rear a fair bit stiffer than the front (ARBs, springs, dampers). I've found that, in a high-powered 964 Carrera RS with the 959 swap, this approach made the car easier to handle at lower speeds. The Turbo S follows a similar concept.
 
Last edited:
To save me looking through 3,300 Scapes, can anyone spot what location this was shot? I can't find a clean, non-PS-branded image and don't like it :(
The cleanest I was able to find is this video preview/thumbnail from the thegranturismo Instagram. It only removes the PS corner, but leaves the text. It was linked below the content in the "More posts from ..." section (attached) for this post:

They seem to have used the same scape from last April's update but I couldn't find it ingame

 

Attachments

  • 671213603_18585849664052012_6526657738980367098_n.webp
    671213603_18585849664052012_6526657738980367098_n.webp
    68.2 KB · Views: 5
I cant drive that Turbo arround the ring it snaps like crazy. Tried tuning a bid but its hopeless.

Someone has a good tip?
I raced in GVC and the car was good, but I tried it in Nür and my god, It's difficult to keep the car straight. :lol:

Need to check some good setup.
 
Last edited:
Not sure what's up with the YangWang, but it's not accelerating like a 1300hp car. 0-60 seems to creep by in mid 3s, and yet it's a 2-2.5 second car IRL. Doesn't feel like it's giving full power once rolling either as 70-90 times aren't much quicker than my Tesla with three times less power. They really need to model EVs better.
 
It does weigh a lot.
 
The Schwarzwald League race at Montreal is disappointing. A pure catch the leader contest with no actual racing to be had, just need to treat other cars like mobile chicanes.
It takes a lot of adjusting to get a good race out of the base AI...even out of Sophy. So, disappointment is the norm.

Speaking of disappointment, the Porsche is a disappointment. The custom front, side, and rear wings are shared with the 930. It even has the same engine swap (unless I am mistaken). So, is it even a new car? Like, I know they like to get mileage out of car models with slight edition changes, but usually there is something more to differentiate the car. This time, they really under delivered.
 
It takes a lot of adjusting to get a good race out of the base AI...even out of Sophy. So, disappointment is the norm.

Speaking of disappointment, the Porsche is a disappointment. The custom front, side, and rear wings are shared with the 930. It even has the same engine swap (unless I am mistaken). So, is it even a new car? Like, I know they like to get mileage out of car models with slight edition changes, but usually there is something more to differentiate the car. This time, they really under delivered.

Nope, the engine swap is from the 992 Turbo (930 has the 991 RSR racing engine).

Seriously though, what did you expect? Porsche had been using the same basic wing design since the 70s with the 934 and the 934/5, something they've kept until the 2000s (there were still 993 GT2 Evos competing in FIA GT's GT1 class). GT racing was not a focus to Porsche in the 80s, so, when they developed a new 911 GT out of the 964, the car looked similar enough to the G-Modell 911s that they kept the design.

The 964 Turbo S' Type A front bumper is also different from the 930 Turbo's, and the rear's Type A has a debadging option not found in the 930.

When it comes to physics, they're quite different. Same basic behavior, but the 964 Turbo S is wilder at the limit. Power delivery is different as well, with the 964 having bigger turbo and thus a peakier engine than the 930 (despite being the same engine in both cars).

We've got two R34 GT-Rs as DLC already so it doesn't make much sense to complain about the 964.
 
Last edited:
Hypercar race went down to the wire! First try though
What difficulty are you on? Beauvois ran a 1:53 fastest lap against me. I got second place in my GT2RS clone, which normally wins the Hypercar races, but still lost by 7 seconds to Beauvois.

He was also being an ass in the race smashing in to the back of me going in to the hairpin and the chicane. Very uncommon for typical GT7 AI. I somewhat expect that from Sophy, but not the normal AI.
 
Beauvois is fast in that Valkyrie, even on Easy.
 
I cant drive that Turbo arround the ring it snaps like crazy. Tried tuning a bid but its hopeless.

Someone has a good tip?
My best advice is to turn off ABS and traction control. I find that without those aids I get a much better feeling for the amount of grip I have.

I think the driving aids are too perfect, they don't let you know when you approach and exceed the limits. In a real car you get more feedback when the ABS and the traction control is engaging.

The driving is a little more difficult without the aids (not as bad as you might imagine though) and your lap times are getting worse, but in my opinion the driving experience improves a ton and I feel I have a lot more control of the car.

Here's a lap around the Nordschleife on comfort soft tyres and no driving aids, I only crashed once :D

 
I didn‘t have a lot of time to try the update yesterday but I already love the customization options for the new Porsche so we can finally recreate the 964 RSR properly.

Therefore I made Larbe Compétition‘s #52 car from the 1993 Le Mans 24h last night. More liveries will follow later today!


3F012180-C6D9-46B4-9517-C5A7646E4321.webp


87292D74-A128-4D00-A5AB-1714FC0AC261.webp


29080CA5-1383-43FB-BC18-DE567C1CF221.webp
 
Last edited:
Back