Gran Turismo 7 April 2026 Update: Renault Twingo, Porsche 964 Turbo S, Yangwang U9, Power Pack Changes, Reverse 'Ring Circuit Experience

  • Thread starter Thread starter mastretta_mx
  • 630 comments
  • 111,867 views
ZEE
In terms of the Yangwang u9, can you not do custom race and just add the U9 and the SU7 as the two only vehicles in the race and customise the whole grid using the AI setup and sophy to play it like a little electric car cup??
I cant. Sophy does not work with the U9 as with several other recently added cars. And in the Standard AI custom race configuration I cannot change the grid.

But even if, …thats too much effort for me if i just want to enjoy a „quick“ race.
 
P.S. - I told my friend they added this nice 964 Turbo S (which he probably would like) but his response continues to be: Where the F are all the K20 FWD Hondas? Anything. 🤷‍♂️ And no, not some SEMA tuner car or whatever. Just stock, normal cars. Hugely popular. Been in all the GT games. I just keep telling him to hang in there but its been years lol Meanwhile GT5 or whatever has a nice DC5-R. Its all he wants.
Your friend can go and upvote them in the Suggestions/Cars forum (here's a nice DC5 thread) or, if he can think of some particular ones, post them in the Car & Track Wishlist thread. Either is a better approach for getting his opinion in front of PD's eyes.
 
Your friend can go and upvote them in the Suggestions/Cars forum (here's a nice DC5 thread) or, if he can think of some particular ones, post them in the Car & Track Wishlist thread. Either is a better approach for getting his opinion in front of PD's eyes.
Sorry, didn't mean for it to come across as a wishlist request. Unfortunately, he's mostly checked out of the game at this point because of said issue. It somehow ruins his ability to enjoy the rest of the game. He doesn't really care about racing as much as he cares about just tuning/experimenting with the car he owns in real life (RSX Type-S) or cars he wants but can't have (NA1 NSX-R, FD2 Type-R, etc lol) Firing the game up to do casual solo laps around the Ring 🤷‍♂️ Just shows how people enjoy this game in all sorts of weirdly specific ways. Also he's never been a member on here I don't think.

To stay on topic: Very surprised to not see more discussion about the Power Pack user garage car selection update? Unless it happened earlier in the thread. Had no idea that was done until I read through the update news post. Now have to jump back in and try it out.
 
Last edited:
Just some doctor from Japan joining the fun in Abu Dhabi. :lol:

19dc1df64915-screenshotUrl.webp


19dc1dfbabc35-screenshotUrl.webp


19dc1dfdba429-screenshotUrl.webp


IMG_20260425_074330.webp


Done on Hard difficulty, by the way.

Specs:

- 787 HP / 2218 lbs.

- Sport Soft tires.

- Fastest Lap done by the car: 1:54.165
 
Last edited:
Ughhh they need to add the BBS Motorsport wheels (E88s?) soooooo badly. Its like the only missing piece for so many tin-top GT series race car replicas in the game.
Man, I couldn’t agree more! It feels like 90% of prototype race cars and virtually all touring cars from the 1980‘s and 1990‘s used E88‘s yet GT7 doesn‘t feature them.

I have no idea why considering PD usually gets the customization parts for new cars right - e.g. they obviously added the RSR aero parts for the Porsche. They aren‘t 100% identical with the IRL parts but close enough imo.

Maybe we should chalk it up to being another Gran Turismo quirk unique to the series. 😂
 
Went running some errands, in the parking log in front of my car : Twingo Gen 1, on my left, Twingo Gen 2, on my right (but one spot farther) Twingo Gen 3 😁
No photos?
 
Okay, the U9 handles so much better than the SU7, it's actually fun too. Shame Sophy can't use it.
I was pleasantly surprised by the YangWang's handling too, it's much more agile than I would have expected it to be considering its weight. To me it's a lot more fun to drive around a race track than the Xiaomi. Shame about the design though.
 
Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised by the YangWang's handling too, it's much more agile than I would have expected it to be considering its weight. To me it's a lot more fun to drive around a race track than the Xiaomi. Shame about the design though.
If they ever want to put the Denza Z9 with this kind of handling, it would be very welcomed.

Much better styling.
 
So I tested the new features of this update.

- Porsche 911 Turbo S Leichtbau (964) '93
I get the excitement of some, but I'm not really in the hype train. Sure it drives well, it's fun and everything; but as a guy tired by 911s, this 964 just came as a duplicate to me. Don't get me wrong, I love 911s but Porsche isn't only about them.
Of course I'm totally self centered when it comes to duplicates. Give me a Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MkIII and I'll be an happy man, yet that would be another duplicate.

- Yangwang U9 '24
Happy this isn't the Xtreme version of it, probably too eccentric to my taste. It's a pleasant surprise; I much prefer it to the SU7 Ultra. I gave it a go on the Nordschleife and I felt much safer than into the Xiaomi. Although I only did one quick lap, the time was on par with a 918 Spyder. That said, I agree with those who say there must be a bug in its acceleration; 0 to 100km/h takes much longer to reach than expected.
While I'm at it, when browsing the Yangwang Museum at Brand Central I noticed they were producing a hybrid sedan car with a flat 4 engine; namely the Yangwang U7 PHEV. Wanna try it...

- Renault Twingo '93
And here it is, the stuff why I love Gran Turismo so much since 1998 ! A lovely quirky and happy car that you can tune without mercy, lol. It does for a fun 500 PP car on sport tyres. I would always welcome this kind of vehicle with the greatest pleasure.

- Power Pack tweaks :
I'm still not the target despite the ability to select your own car to race. The only races that have my interest are the endurances and I still find them a lackluster (uninspired liveries [if any], no multiclass racing, no heavy damages, etc); and this is regardless of the fact that it's still not possible to save properly.
So no purchase yet.

- New events at World Circuits :
I think we made the round of it, it needs new series of events.
The new Circuit Experience on the Nürburgring ? Noooooo thanks !

- New scapes and menus :
New scapes and menus...

- Engine swaps :
I'm not a fan of engine swaps for FF cars, most of the time they can't handle them. The LFA one is debatable.
 
The 3.6S was a Flachbau (flatnose) so not a fan, but it's also a very special car with even fewer made IIRC.
I actually didn't realize that the 3.6 S was Flachbau only. And like you, I'm not a fan either. Outside of racing purposes, I can't fathom why anyone would prefer that look (unless its just to be different/exclusive).
Wikipedia is saying the 3.6 S was available with the standard body.

“At the end of 964 production in 1994, the Porsche factory had some 90 Turbo chassis left. These were all transferred to Porsche Exclusiv and built as the very special Turbo 3.6 S, available either with the traditional 964 Turbo 3.6 body or with the exclusive flachbau 'slant nose' option.”
 
I’ve just finished my first livery for the Yangwang U9, an original design inspired by traditional Chinese porcelain.

This idea actually popped into my head at the gym this morning and I have to say I really like how it turned out!

02CB687F-A8AA-4FD8-A4C1-FD1D7E44D330.webp


519C8A9D-8746-4C05-B756-7D99DFA16AC5.webp


C7D74C0F-9E20-49E8-A9D3-3192912DEECD.webp
 
The 964 Turbo does have a different wing option that is similar (not exact) to the one in your photo. The 964 Carrera only has the Turbo style wing (which to your point is recycled) and a 901-style ducktail spoiler.

bb07428cbcd975b1be07867033c70009_thumb_l_x2.jpg
We can't have nice things because this community is so easily pleased. No, the 964 DOES NOT have a different wing option. They are the same options as the 930. That's my point.

d45e68a719aa9df263cbc5ffc532195a_thumb_l_x2.jpg
 
Where are the "Teddy Bear" wheels for the Twingo?
They're aftermarket wheels made by Ronal, not OEM, and Ronal isn't in the game.

When it comes to OEM though, there's this official wheel for the Twingo made by Toora which was fitted on some cars but most spectacularly on this actual model called the Twingo Graffiti:

1777128298244.webp
 
We can't have nice things because this community is so easily pleased. No, the 964 DOES NOT have a different wing option. They are the same options as the 930. That's my point.

d45e68a719aa9df263cbc5ffc532195a_thumb_l_x2.jpg

What you show in the image is the Type B front bumper. The Type A front bumper is the front lip it actually raced with.

Regarding the wings... Type A is the same as the 934 wing because that is what the 964 RSR also used. Type B is the GT wing you see in most custom RWB 911s. Yes, it would've been nice to have the LM-GT wing, but even that wing isn't unique to the 964, as Porsche had been using a similar design since the 934/5's days.

Like I said before, GT racing in the 80s/early 90s was not Porsche's focus at all. The 911 was going to be axed in the 80s, so Porsche chose to develop the 924 Carrera GT instead. Only after the 928 proved to be a failure, Porsche resumed work on the 911.

The 964 LM-GT was Porsche's first works 911 GT in over a decade IIRC. The 964's body was shaped similarly enough to the G-Modell's/930's that it made sense to reuse aero parts with little modification. Even the 964 Turbo had to use the same engine as the 930 at first, because Porsche in the early 90s was undergoing a financial crisis and didn't have enough money to develop a turbo version of the M64 engine. Eventually they made a Turbo 3.6, but it was only in the final 2 years of the 964, which makes this one of the rarest Porsches.

Therefore, IMO it doesn't make sense to complain about the 964 having similar custom parts to the 930. In reality, most of the custom parts for them look the same anyway, for historical reasons.
 
Regarding the wings... Type A is the same as the 934 wing because that is what the 964 RSR also used. Type B is the GT wing you see in most custom RWB 911s. Yes, it would've been nice to have the LM-GT wing, but even that wing isn't unique to the 964, as Porsche had been using a similar design since the 934/5's days.
Seriously dude, why defend their laziness? I don't need a history lesson. The point is, they had an opportunity to be unique, and they didn't deliver. Let's call a spade a spade.

For a car that cost 1.2 MILLION credits, which is not so easy to come by, which costs $10USD in real money if you buy the credits, I'm going to need to see a little more effort on their part.

They did the minimum. I won't applaud that.
 
Seriously dude, why defend their laziness? I don't need a history lesson. The point is, they had an opportunity to be unique, and they didn't deliver. Let's call a spade a spade.

For a car that cost 1.2 MILLION credits, which is not so easy to come by, which costs $10USD in real money if you buy the credits, I'm going to need to see a little more effort on their part.

They did the minimum. I won't applaud that.

I get your point, but there are bigger fish to fry in this game.

For example, the '73 Carrera RS doesn't even have a custom rear wing available. This makes it so you can't tune its rear aero at all, which hurts its potential.

The 992 Turbo's aero options are just the Sport Plus mode settings. No actual custom parts.

There's plenty of more glaring "coulda, shoulda" in GT7 than the 964 Turbo S's customization options.
 
They're aftermarket wheels made by Ronal, not OEM, and Ronal isn't in the game.

When it comes to OEM though, there's this official wheel for the Twingo made by Toora which was fitted on some cars but most spectacularly on this actual model called the Twingo Graffiti:

View attachment 1532386
Well, today I learned that there‘s a French Version of the Harlequin Polo!
 
I get your point, but there are bigger fish to fry in this game.

For example, the '73 Carrera RS doesn't even have a custom rear wing available. This makes it so you can't tune its rear aero at all, which hurts its potential.

The 992 Turbo's aero options are just the Sport Plus mode settings. No actual custom parts.

There's plenty of more glaring "coulda, shoulda" in GT7 than the 964 Turbo S's customization options.
We're over four years into this game. This is the fish.
 
Back