Gran Turismo 7 April 2026 Update: Renault Twingo, Porsche 964 Turbo S, Yangwang U9, Power Pack Changes, Reverse 'Ring Circuit Experience

  • Thread starter Thread starter mastretta_mx
  • 630 comments
  • 111,854 views
All 3 cars in this update are great. The Twingo is a fun little car with good roadholding and stability due to it's rather unique footprint, the U9 is in another dimension with a shocking amount of front end grip and the 964 Turbo S feels like a race car for the road. It's not as hardcore as the F40 but I'll still place it in the same realm because in terms of focus, they're very similar. However I just can't get over the U9. It made an impression the instant I turned the car right for the second last corner on Yas Marina. A car that weighs 2.3 tonnes should not be able to take corners with such immediacy and grace whilst also maintaining absolute stabilty on exit. It has total control over every bump and corner thanks to all the electronic systems: torque vectoring that can send power to any wheel, active suspension that pushes against the natural motion of the chassis and active aero that keeps the car planted to the road. I'm totally blown away by the whole experience. I don't care that it's electric because the speed, performance and technology is genuinely thrilling to feel through the controller. What a knockout.
 
What difficulty are you on? Beauvois ran a 1:53 fastest lap against me. I got second place in my GT2RS clone, which normally wins the Hypercar races, but still lost by 7 seconds to Beauvois.

He was also being an ass in the race smashing in to the back of me going in to the hairpin and the chicane. Very uncommon for typical GT7 AI. I somewhat expect that from Sophy, but not the normal AI.
Yeah same, he had fastest lap (not sure what), he was much faster, but I got passed him before sector one (or just after) on the opening lap. He got me back but then I immediately got him and the next car at the chicane. He was probably 0.5 behind me for the rest of the race.

No idea on difficulty - I think just normal? I'll check later.
 
Quick verdict from my side:

Twingo: Im a huge fan of older cars/cars from my childhood. Would love to see more 80s/90s cars added. Its a classic and has much more character than any of the modern crossovers/SUVs that were recently added. What i dont like is that you can do „stoppies“ with it (same with the Abarth 500), but that is a physics engine problem I believe.

911 Turbo S: Great addition, love how it looks. Now it needs some competitors to play with (90s Ferraris, Standard Diablo, 1st Gen Viper).

Yangwang U9: Interesting car although I am not an EV fan. Not a huge problem but someone here noted that the acceleration (0-100 kph) is not realistic (~1s off). Same problem with the Hyundai Ioniq 5N. Other than that I like how it drives and sounds. Fun fact: It was designed by the guy who designed the Alfa 8C.

My biggest point of criticism however is:

I was looking forward to race the U9 against the SU7. But: You cant do that? It is so annoying that all races with it are one makes. Or am I doing something wrong? Why cant we have a „quick race“ with a fitting grid. Even if it was possible to choose AI cars in a custom race, that would still make it too complicated to have a quick and fun race with the U9.
 
Last edited:
Seven colors.
IMG_8086.webp
 
We've got two R34 GT-Rs as DLC already so it doesn't make much sense to complain about the 964.
I complain about that too, don't you worry ;)

But even in that case, the differences are greater. That's my point. I welcome everything new, but it bugs me when they do so little.

I'll give you the F3500B vs F3500A as an example. The side option is 99% the same, but the 3500A has a lip around the inlet, while the 3500B does not. Why not go an extra step and chance the side vent??

That's my beef with the Porsche. Yes, the one front option is different, but the other is the same. Rear wings also the same, while there are other designs that could have been created to be accurate to 1993 race applications. This game is about car culture, right? Accuracy, right? People on this forum have complained about less esoteric things.

WatermarkedImageHandler1222739379.jpg
 
I complain about that too, don't you worry ;)

But even in that case, the differences are greater. That's my point. I welcome everything new, but it bugs me when they do so little.

I'll give you the F3500B vs F3500A as an example. The side option is 99% the same, but the 3500A has a lip around the inlet, while the 3500B does not. Why not go an extra step and chance the side vent??

That's my beef with the Porsche. Yes, the one front option is different, but the other is the same. Rear wings also the same, while there are other designs that could have been created to be accurate to 1993 race applications. This game is about car culture, right? Accuracy, right? People on this forum have complained about less esoteric things.

WatermarkedImageHandler1222739379.jpg
The 964 Turbo does have a different wing option that is similar (not exact) to the one in your photo. The 964 Carrera only has the Turbo style wing (which to your point is recycled) and a 901-style ducktail spoiler.

bb07428cbcd975b1be07867033c70009_thumb_l_x2.jpg

(livery credit to DrJayTurn)

They are also different versions of the car with different engines, HP ratings, weights, etc. I don't have a problem with adding multiple versions of the same basic car as long as they're distinctly different (R33 GT-R vs. Nismo 400R, etc.).

I guess my point is that it's not as bad as the older GT games where we apparently needed a '95 R33 GT-R, a '96 R33 GT-R Limited Edition, a '97 R33 GT-R, a '97 R33 GT-R Midnight Purple Edition, and so on. :lol:
 
Very very minor gripe but I was actually hoping that the 964 Turbo was the 3.6, not the 3.3. But I did notice that selecting the Stroke Up S option (40,000 credits) bumps the engine to 3.6 liters and ALSO 405 hp, which just happens to match the output of the Turbo 3.6 S. Coincidence? Beats me. But now I have both, so huzzah.:)
 
I complain about that too, don't you worry ;)

But even in that case, the differences are greater. That's my point. I welcome everything new, but it bugs me when they do so little.

I'll give you the F3500B vs F3500A as an example. The side option is 99% the same, but the 3500A has a lip around the inlet, while the 3500B does not. Why not go an extra step and chance the side vent??

That's my beef with the Porsche. Yes, the one front option is different, but the other is the same. Rear wings also the same, while there are other designs that could have been created to be accurate to 1993 race applications. This game is about car culture, right? Accuracy, right? People on this forum have complained about less esoteric things.

WatermarkedImageHandler1222739379.jpg
With regards to the game, you're right, but the LM-GT used the exact same wing shape as the old 934/5 cars from the 70s did, so... we're both right? :P

Very very minor gripe but I was actually hoping that the 964 Turbo was the 3.6, not the 3.3. But I did notice that selecting the Stroke Up S option (40,000 credits) bumps the engine to 3.6 liters and ALSO 405 hp, which just happens to match the output of the Turbo 3.6 S. Coincidence? Beats me. But now I have both, so huzzah.:)
The 3.6S was a Flachbau (flatnose) so not a fan, but it's also a very special car with even fewer made IIRC.

FM7 had the flatnose as a customization option for the 3.3S. 3D model hierarchy seems to be quite different in GT7 so I don't know how difficult it would be to implement such an option for this, or any car in the game.
 
Last edited:
So it took about 6 months for Mazda to get their new updated logo in game after they revealed it.

Assuming* (hahaha) it stays consistent, we will get the new Honda logo in October :)

Suzuka branding still not updated soz
 
Quick verdict from my side:

Twingo: Im a huge fan of older cars/cars from my childhood. Would love to see more 80s/90s cars added. Its a classic and has much more character than any of the modern crossovers/SUVs that were recently added. What i dont like is that you can do „stoppies“ with it (same with the Abarth 500), but that is a physics engine problem I believe.

911 Turbo S: Great addition, love how it looks. Now it needs some competitors to play with (90s Ferraris, Standard Diablo, 1st Gen Viper).

Yangwang U9: Interesting car although I am not an EV fan. Not a huge problem but someone here noted that the acceleration (0-100 kph) is not realistic (~1s off). Same problem with the Hyundai Ioniq 5N. Other than that I like how it drives and sounds. Fun fact: It was designed by the guy who designed the Alfa 8C.

My biggest point of criticism however is:

I was looking forward to race the U9 against the SU7. But: You cant do that? It is so annoying that all races with it are one makes. Or am I doing something wrong? Why cant we have a „quick race“ with a fitting grid. Even if it was possible to choose AI cars in a custom race, that would still make it too complicated to have a quick and fun race with the U9.
Hey Mike, reading you post got me thinking....hmmmm - Building custom races time!!!!

We defo need a little customised TWINGO Club cup, come the next daily races, it wud wacky and fun! PD make it so!!! Or just make one on the lobbies with a customised bop setting maybe?

Surely the 911 turbo as great as it is can have some 90's cars competition in a cool Race? But all you do is just use the variation forms of the cars in there later eras that are avaiable in game right now. In sophy setup races or custom races maybe? You got the F40 (which is a '92 model), Diablo GT 00, and the 1st gen VIPER in GTS form to use, it would so cool to see them racing. Maybe with some slightly customised mods in them. Cud do a stock car race or pure racing form comptition races at laguna or Atlanta raceway?

In terms of the Yangwang u9, can you not do custom race and just add the U9 and the SU7 as the two only vehicles in the race and customise the whole grid using the AI setup and sophy to play it like a little electric car cup??

I may try this myself and see how it goes.

ferrari-f40-92.webplamborghini-diablo-gt-00.webpdodge-viper-gts-02.webp
 
Oh for sure. Been collecting the ‘90s machines and doing Gran Turismo six car races. With the steady influx of cars from the 1990s decade, looking more and more like what if the first game had more European brands. I don’t think PD are done. ;)



 
Oh for sure. Been collecting the ‘90s machines and doing Gran Turismo six car races. With the steady influx of cars from the 1990s decade, looking more and more like what if the first game had more European brands. I don’t think PD are done. ;)
Ok I need to recreate these battles :drool:
 
The 3.6S was a Flachbau (flatnose) so not a fan, but it's also a very special car with even fewer made IIRC.

FM7 had the flatnose as a customization option for the 3.3S. 3D model hierarchy seems to be quite different in GT7 so I don't know how difficult it would be to implement such an option for this, or any car in the game.
I actually didn't realize that the 3.6 S was Flachbau only. And like you, I'm not a fan either. Outside of racing purposes, I can't fathom why anyone would prefer that look (unless its just to be different/exclusive).
 
Oh for sure. Been collecting the ‘90s machines and doing Gran Turismo six car races. With the steady influx of cars from the 1990s decade, looking more and more like what if the first game had more European brands. I don’t think PD are done. ;)




Ohh yess man!!!! Best motoring old skool clips are the best with the likes of driving legends like Nakaya-san, Tsuchiya-San & ofc a very young lookin Hattori-San! Such good in depth videos with nice facts of yesteryear legendary cars, what a time!!! After tomorrows Manus cup race I will try and make some old skooool 90s races.
 
Anyone know why the yangwang has paddle shifters? Oversight or am I missing something?
 
Anyone know why the yangwang has paddle shifters? Oversight or am I missing something?
Probably for adjusting some setting on the fly, like battery re-gen or deployment if I had to guess.

It does not have a fake shift mode like the IRL Ioniq 5 does.
 
Anyone know why the yangwang has paddle shifters? Oversight or am I missing something?
Lots of EVs do. They usually control the strength of the regenerative braking system. Can't say what they do in the U9 but it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same deal.
 
I finished two more Le Mans liveries for the Porsche - Larbre Compétition‘s cars from the 1993 race:

View attachment 1532159

View attachment 1532160

I‘m probably going to make two or three IMSA replicas tomorrow if I have enough time.
Ughhh they need to add the BBS Motorsport wheels (E88s?) soooooo badly. Its like the only missing piece for so many tin-top GT series race car replicas in the game.

Like many content additions or absences in the game, I continue to be baffled and would love answers. But they'll never come.

P.S. - I told my friend they added this nice 964 Turbo S (which he probably would like) but his response continues to be: Where the F are all the K20 FWD Hondas? Anything. 🤷‍♂️ And no, not some SEMA tuner car or whatever. Just stock, normal cars. Hugely popular. Been in all the GT games. I just keep telling him to hang in there but its been years lol Meanwhile GT5 or whatever has a nice DC5-R. Its all he wants.
 
Last edited:
Back