Gran Turismo 7 pre-order at psn store

As others have already pointed out, I too am a bit disappointed with 25th anniversary edition or lack of collector’s/signature edition. A few physical goodies similar to previous editions would’ve been quite nice but for whatever reason we’ll seemingly have no CE this time.

I definitely think the 25th anniversary version/pre-order bonuses could’ve been fleshed out a bit more.
  • A digital PS4 version of the game being included is a pretty nice inclusion, given the circumstances.
  • Steelbook is always kinda cool.
  • The credits are low and relatively useless to be honest as money most likely can be pretty easily earned, as in GT Sport, might as well have been 5,000,000 - 10,000,000. Not really a problem however.
  • The Toyota GR Yaris with country-specific livery is pretty cool (provided your country is one of the few that’ll get one). This particular livery version seems to be exclusive.
  • The avatars. Alright but far from something that makes this a good deal.
  • The soundtrack. If physical this would’ve been a rather nice deal. Digital feels quite meh. Question marks surrounding its distribution.
  • The three car pack of MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT Stealth Model, Porsche 917 LIVING LEGEND & Toyota Supra GT500 '97 (Castrol TOM'S). While still just speculation it does sound like the Stealth model of the RX-VISION GT3 is an exclusive and won’t be attainable through normal gameplay. Seriously doubting the same applies to the latter two, I fully expect those to be available through normal gameplay, as they should be. Not the stealth model though.

The car pack is where I would’ve wished for some more to really make the version worth its price. Why not a few more stealth models? Three or four exclusive stealth livery cars? A few other cars with a different exclusive 25th anniversary livery (this is an anniversary after all and the 15th anniversary had a lot of cars with such liveries).

As others have already pointed out, I too am a bit disappointed with 25th anniversary edition or lack of collector’s/signature edition. A few physical goodies similar to previous editions would’ve been quite nice but for whatever reason we’ll seemingly have no CE this time.

I definitely think the 25th anniversary version/pre-order bonuses could’ve been fleshed out a bit more.
  • A digital PS4 version of the game being included is a pretty nice inclusion, given the circumstances.
  • Steelbook is always kinda cool.
  • The credits are low and relatively useless to be honest as money most likely can be pretty easily earned, as in GT Sport, might as well have been 5,000,000 - 10,000,000. Not really a problem however.
  • The Toyota GR Yaris with country-specific livery is pretty cool (provided your country is one of the few that’ll get one). This particular livery version seems to be exclusive.
  • The avatars. Alright but far from something that makes this a good deal.
  • The soundtrack. If physical this would’ve been a rather nice deal. Digital feels quite meh. Question marks surrounding its distribution.
  • The three car pack of MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT Stealth Model, Porsche 917 LIVING LEGEND & Toyota Supra GT500 '97 (Castrol TOM'S). While still just speculation it does sound like the Stealth model of the RX-VISION GT3 is an exclusive and won’t be attainable through normal gameplay. Seriously doubting the same applies to the latter two, I fully expect those to be available through normal gameplay, as they should be. Not the stealth model though.

The car pack is where I would’ve wished for some more to really make the version worth its price. Why not a few more stealth models? Three or four exclusive stealth livery cars? A few other cars with a different exclusive 25th anniversary livery (this is an anniversary after all and the 15th anniversary had a lot of cars with such liveries).
Yeah I fully agree with you there, you could have had a Signature Edition like GT5, and I also do think that the Stealth Model of the Mazda will be unttainable, and they should had provided us with more S. Model cars, like GT5

Absolutely zero effort shown to make this 25th year edition special. A case a disc and doubt track and some Free digital cars and credits? You must be joking.

This is what the GT5 special edition looked like
1632428788020.png

For GT7 they could have done that or more.
I can think of a 1000 ways to make this special to true car enthusiasts who have the funds to make a special purpose. A few ideas:
-Include a GT themed race suit, helmet, or racing gloves
-a leather jacked
-another coffee table book with the best photo mode entries from GT Sport and other titles
-a ticket or admission to 24h events around the world such as Nurb 24h

Just on top of my head.

I'm sorry but this kind of lack of love reveals a loss of passion on the part of either Sony or PD in what they advertise as their new game.

Together with really disappointing announcement of only having 16 cars on game, not using the PS5 power at all, this makes me wonder if GT7 will be nothing more than GT Sport+ sold at full price.

I don't care about the money, if they make money that's cool. But don't let your own heritage down. This game is so much more but looking at the little effort you put in it does feel like a cash cow.

Sorry for the rant but that's how I feel.

Sorry for the OT question, but have PD even confirmed we'll be able to have multi-class racing with more than 16 cars on the PS5 in single player mode?
If not then this all but guarantees this won't be my only car game.

With all the background Kaz has in endurance racing himself to not replicate a true Nurb 24hour race in Gt7 is a crying shame. I wonder what he personally feels about that.

I know he's big on bringing the next generation in, which is good. But leaving out proper endurance races from this title (which means 40+ cars) is leaving out the pinnacle of sports car racing.

Lemans, Nurbburgring, Spa 24h races is what tens of thousands of fans admire as the pinnacle of the sport, yet we can't have it, still in 2022 on PS5.
It's just disappointing, especially from a company run by an individual, who taken part at Nurb 24h himself several times and helped promote the GT brand.

I don't get it.

mef
Sorry for the OT question, but have PD even confirmed we'll be able to have multi-class racing with more than 16 cars on the PS5 in single player mode?
If not then this all but guarantees this won't be my only car game.

With all the background Kaz has in endurance racing himself to not replicate a true Nurb 24hour race in Gt7 is a crying shame. I wonder what he personally feels about that.

I know he's big on bringing the next generation in, which is good. But leaving out proper endurance races from this title (which means 40+ cars) is leaving out the pinnacle of sports car racing.

Lemans, Nurbburgring, Spa 24h races is what tens of thousands of fans admire as the pinnacle of the sport, yet we can't have it, still in 2022 on PS5.
It's just disappointing, especially from a company run by an individual, who taken part at Nurb 24h himself several times and helped promote the GT brand.

I don't get it.
well Idk If you read his first interview after the lastest trailer, but he said that he and his team are still deciding wether or not if they implement 24H races like the ones from GT4 and GT5

And nowhere did I say it did. The point I was making is that people's disappointment in the 25th Anniversary Editions were sorely misplaced considering the items they keep posting as examples of what "Should've been included" are never in lesser editions, including the anniversary edition (as I already showed in a example with the GT6 Anniversary edition). In essence (AS I was saying), they basically wanted another Collector's Edition. I don't see what point is there to miss when what it amounts to (or at least fees like in overall messenging) is basically "I wanted more".
The point is that some (like me and maybe you) are referring to a non-exist collector/signature edition, and some others take the 25AE, which is the most expensive currently, as the c/s edition. Actually we are talking about the same thing and the true reason for this is the absence of the c/s edition. GT7 could be good, but the absence of the tradition is definitely PS's fault.

Actually I got angry and ordered a second-hand GT5 sign. version on eBay.

Yet we still have half a year to wait. Hope they can react.

Last edited:
well Idk If you read his first interview after the lastest trailer, but he said that he and his team are still deciding wether or not if they implement 24H races like the ones from GT4 and GT5
That this is even a discussion is not encouraging. I'm not sure I want to get my hopes up.

I can see multi-class racing as being fun for those of us who aren't aliens, too. Racing in your own class means you could get some enjoyment in a larger race with faster people in faster cars, like in a real race.

Don't get me started on VR, either. So much missed potential by catering to a PS4 version.

They should have done a Ps4 version, yes, but don't limit the ps5 version for that. I think this was a money decision, not a 'what makes the best gran turismo game' decision.

Think i'll hold back on my Order , hoping for at least a special edition PS5 to go with the game as a package , otherwise i'll just pre order the PS4 version for the 3 cars grab .

They have done this kinda thing since gt4. Its great from A collectors point of view but ruins the natural progression system of the game
I sort of agree, but at the same time Sport was so much more difficult than, well, every other iteration to get a lot of credits (trying to collect all the 20 million dollar cars was a GRIND)

I agree with most people that the special edition is kinda underwhelming for GT7. I bought Collectors Editions for GT5/6/Sport and also got the GT PSP bundle with the special GT branded PSP, and was looking forward to adding something special to my collection. A nice looking steelbook is rather meh for a quarter century anniversary :(

• The credits are basically a drop in the ocean compared to the 20 million prices of some cars.
  • The liveries are effectively useless because anyone can recreate them with livery editor (already in GT Sport I'm seeing lots of Stealth RXV popping up).
  • The Yaris liveries are basically those used in Nations Cup, and according to the fineprint it's only for 30 countries. Tough luck if you live outside those 30 countries, you get a plain colour bog standard Yaris :lol:
  • Avatars are nice but again, nothing special.
  • As an avid GT soundtrack collector, the official OST is the one I'm looking forward to the most. I hope it's the full list of all music in the game's jukebox, and not like the GT5 OST where it only has 36 songs out of hundreds in game (and we have to go on YT to search the rest in poor quality).

BTW anyone know if you play the PS4 digital version and later switch to the PS5 disc version, will you be able to keep using the same gamesave? It's a no brainer but sometimes PD works in strange ways...

Last edited:
I'm actually glad that the pre-order bonuses aren't too major, though the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Stealth Model does look nice. Hopefully even after BoP, it'll be no more overpowered/underpowered than the typical Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept when driving the Stealth Model in Gr.3. And this is assuming this particular Stealth Model has different stats like previous ones. It might even be available even to those who didn't pre-order, perhaps in a similar vein to the GT4 "Black Cars" quartet.

Well, the fact that they are offering a PS5 disc-only option on release date…..reads to me like PD is anticipating the ramp up of PS5 production and there will actually be consoles available to purchase

Chiming in late to share my disappointment.

What use are Avatars when you can use your own uploaded photo on PS anyway?

Sadly this is the same with Forza. I remember the good old days of physical media, now they charge the same, if not more, for digital tat.

I have Horizon Forbidden West collectors edit ordered because the physical media looks great!

Hey there
So your first question - If you buy the DISC version of 25th Anniversary, will get the PS5 disc + PS4 code

Second question - Well that's interesting but I don't think the PS4 is able to recognize/read a PS5 disc, so I don't think it's necesary they'll ask us to put the PS5 disc on the PS4

I'm tempting to buy the 25th Anniversary edtion on a retailer shop because I really want to get the steelbook + Polyphony deserves my money

I hope I did help
What exactly is a steelbook??

...so just a question, still cannot upgrade to PS5 version, so if I start playing GT7 on my PS5 as PS4 game, will save file just flip over when I download PS5 version or what will happen?

Back