Gran Turismo 7 pre-order at psn store

I dont really care about the physical version not having as much stuff as usual. The world’s still not exactly normal so getting all of the special trinkets together in time might have been too much of a challenge. I’ll let them have that excuse.

The physical 25th is still the version I’m going for, but I’d prefer it if they made a few more stealth models or what have you. Maybe even give you all the GT cover cars of old in the game for free at launch. That wouldn’t be bad. Either way I’m still excited and that box looks slick.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 “25th Anniversary Edition” and Pre-Order Details Revealed

The pre-order details and a special edition have been officially announced for Gran Turismo 7, along with pricing and bonus content. Two versions of GT7 will be available: the “Launch Edition” and the “25th Anniversary Edition”...
So you get the most in-game credits by going for the digital version as opposed to the steelbook version? That doesn't seem fair. Also will the OST be included on a CD I imagine?

Edit: The pre-order bonuses in general here just seem lackluster when you compare them to some of Sony's other first party franchises. Looks like Gran Turismo is getting disrespected again.

Last edited:
I’ve never been in a place to afford a special edition preorder till now, and it seems this time around there’s hardly any physical goodies in this iteration.

Is there any shot of a more extensive pre-order pack to be announced slightly later or is this really it?

I dont really care about the physical version not having as much stuff as usual. The world’s still not exactly normal so getting all of the special trinkets together in time might have been too much of a challenge. I’ll let them have that excuse.

The physical 25th is still the version I’m going for, but I’d prefer it if they made a few more stealth models or what have you. Maybe even give you all the GT cover cars of old in the game for free at launch. That wouldn’t be bad. Either way I’m still excited and that box looks slick.
But Horizon Forbidden West has all sorts of physical goodies and not just 1 but 2 different giant robot elephant figures. I cant imagine getting a nice diecast model and a book would have been that difficult, but idk.

Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition (+6 stealth cars)

Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition (+5 Exclusive cars that you can't get just by playing the game)

Gran turismo 6 Collector's Edition (+20 exclusive cars)

Gran Turismo Sport Collector's edition, (which isn't even a fully-packed and numbered GT title, but rather a spin-off)

And then comes the 25'th anniversuary, and all they can offer for a dedicated hardcore fan is...a premium steelbok in a cardboard sleeve! (I'm not mentioning digital stuff, it's almost nothing, and I'd prefer my soundtrack on some physical media, and you have it in the game anyway)
Notice what you have as your examples: "Collector's Edition" "Signature Edition"

Your point about the Anniversary edition being short on content seems to be forgetting about this:

1632285664112.png

By simply preordering the standard edition, my copy was upgraded to the Anniversary edition and it came with nothing but the credits, the special Helmet and Suit, the PSN avatar as well as the code for the 15 Special Anniversary cars. That's it, no steelbook or keychain or 1:43 scale die-cast.

Point being is all these complaints about how "Lackluster" the 25th Anniversary edition is seem to have forgotten that all those goodies always come in the "Collectors" and "Signature" Editions. You guys literally have posted examples that answer your question as to why they aren't in this. Long story short: You guys don't want the Anniversary Edition, you guys want the Collectors Edition. Take a guess at what this isn't.

Last edited:
Pre ordering in October Physical (For steel book) 25th anniversary edition and can’t wait. Early Christmas present to me 😀 ❤️. I can’t wait 😛 thank you GT Planet

Attachments

• 12A6DE81-64D5-437B-BF8D-0911B0685A69.jpeg
    12A6DE81-64D5-437B-BF8D-0911B0685A69.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 16
  • CE1ED689-FA80-4D79-8C41-F2A7E23A8455.jpeg
    CE1ED689-FA80-4D79-8C41-F2A7E23A8455.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Guys please don't show any sort of disappointment. :lol:

PD HQ: "Oh well, people think the anniversary edition isn't worth it!"

Kaz: "Sooo... Let's have microtransactions and sell 1mio credits for $20!"

RemoteConsiderateKoodoo-max-1mb.gif

Notice what you have as your examples: "Collector's Edition" "Signature Edition"

Your point about the Anniversary edition being short on content seems to be forgetting about this:

View attachment 1082013

By simply preordering the standard edition, my copy was upgraded to the Anniversary edition and it came with nothing but the credits, the special Helmet and Suit, the PSN avatar as well as the code for the 15 Special Anniversary cars. That's it, no steelbook or keychain or 1:43 scale die-cast.

Point being is all these complaints about how "Lackluster" the 25th Anniversary edition is seem to have forgotten that all those goodies always come in the "Collectors" and "Signature" Editions. You guys literally have posted examples that answer your question as to why they aren't in this. Long story short: You guys don't want the Anniversary Edition, you guys want the Collectors Edition. Take a guess at what this isn't.
You're actually probably missing our point. We aren't really complaining that the 25th anniversary edition doesn't have the items the collector's editions usually have, we are complaining the fact that a collector's edition is non-existent this time, despite them making it sound like the 25 year anniversary is a big deal.

The 25th anniversary edition is the best version we can get. What we wanted was a Collector's edition that we can spend more money on to get more physical goodies. :D

Last edited:
  • PS5 Version (Digital)
    • Price: $69.99 USD
    • Can be played on both PS4 and PS5

Is that correct? If you buy the 4 disc game and upgrade to the 5 digital you insert the 4 disc in the 5 tray... How can the 5 version work on 4? 😳

Last edited:
I think I might buy the steelbook, install the digital PS4 version with the voucher, and then upgrade that for another 10, so I have the game digitally on my PS5 as well 😬

That or just get the standard PS5 digital edition, but man I like my boxes :/

@Jordan I just found out, the avatar gifts will include and EVO 6, so it's another car for the list ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210921-214845_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210921-214845_Gallery.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 12
Not getting the pre-order anything. My wife says, ”Aren’t you getting the gift box again?“ I said, nope, they’re not doing it this time. Just some cars and digital content. She says, “Just buy the top of the line. You always get those special editions.”
I said not for GT Sport. She says, “We’ll, you’re getting it. Enjoy the game.”
Well, I’m $155 Aussie bucks out of pocket.

Not getting the pre-order anything. My wife says, ”Aren’t you getting the gift box again?“ I said, nope, they’re not doing it this time. Just some cars and digital content. She says, “Just buy the top of the line. You always get those special editions.”
I said not for GT Sport. She says, “We’ll, you’re getting it. Enjoy the game.”
Well, I’m $155 Aussie bucks out of pocket.
Gran Turismo Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

View attachment 1082013

The problem is that PD showed no evidence that such collectors edition exists, and the best thing we can buy is the 25th anniversary version. You've mistaken the point.

😜As I really hate digital only copies, the decission is pretty easy. PS4 disc version for collectors.
By 'Collectors' you mean launch edition? I see no Anniversary/De Luxe or whatever edition PS4-disc, I'd buy it as well... 🤔

Last edited:
  • PS4 Version (Disc and Digital)
    • Price: $59.99 USD
    • Can only be played on the PS4
Thats not correct or wrongly written, you can play ps4 version on ps5 by backward compatibility and also you can upgrade it for 10$ to native ps5 version

What I don't understand is why the PS Store only offering the digital 25th anniversary edition, and no physical 25th anniversary edition?

Last edited:
It's quite difficult to fit a steel case through an ethernet patch cable.
Haha fair enough but maybe I'm just confused. So just to be clear you're telling me the only version that comes with a physical copy of the game inside of steel case is the PS4 version? And you have to pay an extra $10USD to upgrade to the PS5 version? This is confusing, like when the standard cars going to have interiors like premiums in GT5 confusing... 😅

So just to be clear you're telling me the only version that comes with a physical copy of the game inside of steel case is the PS4 version? And you have to pay an extra $10USD to upgrade to the PS5 version?
No, there's a 25AE steelbook limited edition which contains a physical PS5 disc and a digital PS4 code. So you can play it via the code on your PS4, and switch to the PS5 disc if you then get a PS5...

... though I'm not sure what happens if you get a PS5 Digital Edition. We both dug through this whole thing yesterday and it is close to being as confusing as it possibly can be.

Edit: Now I am sure. You're screwed and have to stump up again. Better option is the 25AE digital, which gives you digital versions of both PS4 and PS5, but no physical anything.

Last edited:
Back