Gran Turismo 7 pre-order at psn store

No, there's a 25AE steelbook limited edition which contains a physical PS5 disc and a digital PS4 code. So you can play it via the code on your PS4, and switch to the PS5 disc if you then get a PS5...

... though I'm not sure what happens if you get a PS5 Digital Edition. We both dug through this whole thing yesterday and it is close to being as confusing as it possibly can be.
That might be a nice deal, if you could sell the PS4 version as a code...

That might be a nice deal, if you could sell the PS4 version as a code...
Game Show Genius GIF by ABC Network

I really don't know if I want to preorder it... yo can someone sell me the PS4 digital code from the 25th anniversary version???

NO WAY ! OMG ! :scared::eek::eek: !

Get behind the wheel of over 420 cars from day one – with each classic motor and bleeding-edge supercar recreated with unparalleled detail – and navigate over 90 track routes in dynamic weather conditions.

What's the real benefit of preordering the digital version, as it's never going to go out of stock, is it?

Is it just showing support for PD now, instead of buying it on the release day?

Get behind the wheel of over 420 cars from day one – with each classic motor and bleeding-edge supercar recreated with unparalleled detail – and navigate over 90 track routes in dynamic weather conditions.
Welcome to September 9th, I hope your trip through time wasn't too bumpy.

What's the real benefit of preordering the digital version, as it's never going to go out of stock, is it?
Good question, and no.

The limited versions are the Launch Edition (which looks US only) and the 25AE with steelbook, both of which are physical only.

All pre-orders get the three-car pack and 100k credits, and that's it for your bonuses really.

Good question, and no.

The limited versions are the Launch Edition (which looks US only) and the 25AE with steelbook, both of which are physical only.

All pre-orders get the three-car pack and 100k credits, and that's it for your bonuses really.
Think I'll save myself $89.99 and buy nearer the time then :)

Think I'll save myself $89.99 and buy nearer the time then :)
The price won't go down before launch either way. It's going to be $60/$70 for PS4/PS5 base, and $90 for 25AE until at least the summer sales in July 2022.

The price won't go down before launch either way. It's going to be $60/$70 for PS4/PS5 base, and $90 for 25AE until at least the summer sales in July 2022.
I always buy the special editions, but the $20.00 difference just doesn't make it worth it. And I don't have a PS5, and don't intend on getting the disc version anyway.

It's a bit much that the physical and digital 25AE are the same price!

The problem is that PD showed no evidence that such collectors edition exists, and the best thing we can buy is the 25th anniversary version. You've mistaken the point.
And nowhere did I say it did. The point I was making is that people's disappointment in the 25th Anniversary Editions were sorely misplaced considering the items they keep posting as examples of what "Should've been included" are never in lesser editions, including the anniversary edition (as I already showed in a example with the GT6 Anniversary edition). In essence (AS I was saying), they basically wanted another Collector's Edition. I don't see what point is there to miss when what it amounts to (or at least fees like in overall messenging) is basically "I wanted more".

Last edited:
Dunno if other countries have the Target Circle program which is free to join, but if you're in the US there's a 10% off target circle offer on electronic/games (expires 9/25), and if you use a redcard that's another 5% off. You can enter today's date as your birthday in the circle menu and that gives another 5% off birthday discount for this month. I got the 25th anniversary edition for $79 after tax.

I would preorder it or get special editions but the real fun for me is to start the game from scratch with less help and money possible so I'll get the standard one.
If you go physical you can always delay entering the code until you're well into the game.

I didn't know that there would be 420 cars, (nice number btw :lol:), and 90 track routes with dynamic weather? I thought not all tracks had dynamic weather yet so will there be more than 90 or is that a mistake?

I didn't know that there would be 420 cars, (nice number btw :lol:), and 90 track routes with dynamic weather? I thought not all tracks had dynamic weather yet so will there be more than 90 or is that a mistake?
The way the current messaging is phrased, it seems like all tracks will get dynamic weather, which is honestly how it should be. I hope it's the same with dynamic time. No reason for half-arsed solutions like GT5/6. They learned their lesson with the car list, I hope they get it right with the tracks as well.

Sad how the limited anniversary edition has no physical incentives other than the delicious steelbook, which seems a bit pointless when there’s nothing cool inside.

The soundtrack should have been on CD. It would also have been nice if there was a small art book showcasing 25 years of Gran Turismo with a brief introduction written by Kaz, or something alike. Instant buy then, even if the price was considerably higher. It’s almost like they aren’t expecting many veteran players to buy this game.

Sad how the limited anniversary edition has no physical incentives other than the delicious steelbook, which seems a bit pointless when there’s nothing cool inside.

The soundtrack should have been on CD. It would also have been nice if there was a small art book showcasing 25 years of Gran Turismo with a brief introduction written by Kaz, or something alike. Instant buy then, even if the price was considerably higher. It’s almost like they aren’t expecting many veteran players to buy this game.
A small artbook like in the Horizon Forbidden West special edition would have been cool, especially since the package is already somehow more expensive than HFW even without the artbook. Probably wouldn't have minded paying $10 more for that

Debating getting the 25th anniversary edition and selling the ps4 version of the game.

On the other hand, could also just buy the cheaper ps4 version and upgrade to Ps5 at a later time. I'm glad there are a bunch of options here.

The bonuses it includes are of really terrible value to me, except if you like the status of showcasing to others that you purchased the most expensive edition:

• Credits can be obtained in-game if you just play it long enough; a few hours or a few minutes, Credits are not a problem for most (but not all) players, but a million Credits can make obtaining car(s) quicker
  • Only a few cars given to players instantly when beginning the game; either it's another "Clear Most of the Game" Starter Pack or depending on the initially available events, go straight to Arcade Mode or Online
  • The soundtrack is digital-only, not physical, and its method of delivery is not clear yet; for all we know, it will be in a single format/codec that's acceptable to most (such as MP3 or M4A) but not to some (such as lossless for collectors)
  • Avatars, because...you like the status of showcasing to others that you purchased the most expensive edition?
  • PS4 digital version entitlement, which if you already own a PS5 to play the game, can be viewed as priceless or maybe even useless, unless you give the code away to a friend or another person, or try to resell it elsewhere
...and then you have the steelbook, which is quite a nice looking design, I'll give it that, but the additional $20 in value has to all come from somewhere, right? All of the above, with the sole exception (in my opinion) being the soundtrack, doesn't justify the additional $20 it costs. It's all lazy to me, nothing worthwhile that makes this edition noteworthy and unique. All of the above is also an optional redemption; you'll find the vouchers in the package, but you don't have to redeem them.

The only reason I pre-ordered Gran Turismo 6 was not to miss out on the exclusive (now unobtainable by official means) Anniversary cars, as I missed out on the special editions of Gran Turismo 5 and thus the exclusive Stealth/Chromeline cars (also unobtainable by official means). The only exclusive car here seems to be the Stealth Model of the Mazda RX-VISION GT3, which is probably the only reason why I'll be pre-ordering the PS4 Launch Edition, and if that model happens to be obtainable in the game by means of not redeeming a voucher, then this is all useless to me.

The bonus RX-V and 25AE Yaris will only come into play, when there are those respective GR/PP events and maybe a Lobby. Not so much to show anyone person bought the expensive version, but they've(I've) got a specially designed GT7 car. Like the shaving Camaro, GT Academy GT-R and Gr.4 Supra.
Not sure if the Delux cars will be a rarity now.

The LL and Supra, will show up in new Lobbies, intially. Once people get their Cr. up, we'll probably see these cars all over the place.

The PS4 version can be played on the PS5. What does the PS5 version offer? I would be interested in a comparison.

The PS4 version can be played on the PS5. What does the PS5 version offer? I would be interested in a comparison.

PS5™ features​

• Stunning visuals: Catch sight of the driver in your rear-view mirror, watch the sun glint against the curves of your car’s body, and take stunningly realistic photos with the power of ray tracing on PS5™, with support for 4K and HDR at a targeted 60fps framerate.*
  • Fast loading: The PS5 console’s ultra-high-speed SSD lets you quickly start race events, gather in lobbies, browse your garage and seamlessly navigate GT7’s modes and menus.
  • Adaptive triggers: Feel the vibration from the anti-lock brake system and wheel spins, and variation in the braking resistance of each different car, all through the adaptive triggers of your DualSense™ wireless controller.
  • Haptic feedback: From the subtle bumps of the tarmac to the grooves of the kerb, feel your position on the road through immersive haptic feedback.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech with compatible headphones: Sense the position of other cars and drivers on the road with unparalleled clarity through the PS5 console’s 3D Audio.

• Stunning visuals: Catch sight of the driver in your rear-view mirror
Hmm, considering we haven't seen this feature yet in any of the gameplay, I wonder if its possible we've only seen the PS4 version of the gameplay? Probably wishful thinking but makes me wonder 🤔

It doesn't really make sense to advertise it and yet disable the feature when showing us gameplay.

Edit: Or do they mean only in replays because Iirc there is no raytracing during gameplay?

Last edited:
This might be a dumb question but...how does the game know that you've preordered it? I mean of course it's straightforward if you do it via PSN but what about people who preorder the physical version from a retailer? How does the game check whether you're eligible for the preorder bonuses? I rarely ever preorder anything, in fact the last game I did it with was GT5 and I've completely forgotten how the preorder bonuses were handled back then.

This might be a dumb question but...how does the game know that you've preordered it? I mean of course it's straightforward if you do it via PSN but what about people who preorder the physical version from a retailer? How does the game check whether you're eligible for the preorder bonuses? I rarely ever preorder anything, in fact the last game I did it with was GT5 and I've completely forgotten how the preorder bonuses were handled back then.
The last pre-order GT I did, I had to enter the redeem code, that was on a separate piece of paper, in the disc jacket. Once I did that, my cars were unlocked.

Been a while think that was GT6. I bought the 15th Anniversary edition steel book.

Can't remember the GT5 pre-order. That one, I had the orange and black striped SLS(unopened- ever), key chain and GT USB, the book(forgot the name) all in the piano Black "box".

The last pre-order GT I did, I had to enter the redeem code, that was on a separate piece of paper, in the disc jacket. Once I did that, my cars were unlocked.
That's what I remember from pre-ordering some games. It's not so much the pre-order, but getting the actual launch copy. Though if it was store specific content like Amazon they could send you a code.

Yup. I will sit on the fence and wait. Hopefully, some other special edition will show up.

Anyone know the top car from the attached picture? I only see the Porsche logo.

Edit: Never mind, it's the Porsche Vision Gran Turismo. 👍

Attachments

• GT7.jpg
    GT7.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back