Gran Turismo 7 Spec III is Now Available: Two Tracks, Eight Cars, New Features

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinner
  • 3,045 comments
  • 564,310 views
With Christmas scheduling, I wonder what it means for the Ferrari team in the year-end GTWS World Finals replica race, then - or if the Ferrari team would even use the 296 GT3 at World Finals.

(Remember Nissan running the 2018 GT-R at 2022 World Finals after running the 2013 car all year long?)
I hope the 4 other cars are also gt3, I hope the nsx can get the evo update or it would be cool to bring acura to the the game with nsx gt3 evo and acura Arx-06
 
It doesnt seem that you dont care if you have the need to respond in that harsh way.
Im really sorry if in any way you feel yourself insulted by my message but thats entirely on you.

As I said, it wasnt pointed at anyone in particular and I didnt infer the things that you put in your response (to put a game over the love of a family, values, principles etc)

Your comparisson is way off place.
I hope you the best for the important things in life and also enjoying videogames

P.S.: and no, I dont feel pitty for people who I dont know. The message was trying to express how stupidly happy a trivial thing like this could make some people (like me) and the wish for the others to enjoy it in the same way.
Yes, I'm afraid I am starting to see my insensitive and over the top reaction now. It always takes someone to point it out to me, how harsh it actually sounds, while I don't see it myself at that moment.
I went overboard in my comment and wish to offer my sincere apologies for being out of line. You didn't insult me in any way. I was having a moment, it's erratic behaviour.

I have the tendency to get over informative and rather cold in my reactions whenever I don't agree on sth, and that is what happened here. I assure you it will not happen again with any one on this forum here. It really is a condition that I not always master in social conventions, especially in written language...I just don't see it at the time I put the message down and send it out.

@Famine : is there a possibility to remove my out of place reaction or is it here forever (to remind me I need to keep my act together)? I will refer to "content only" matter in the future. It really is not intentional to be this way.

Have a good night.
 
The FTO was bound to happen. It’s in PD’s MO to add six-cylinder coupes. We’ve got so many they can’t all fit in one grid.

As far as this:
"This Christmas", eh?



That "With full support of the Abu Dhabi government" phrase in kaz tweet was quite weird, its not everyday that they work with goverments, i think, or at least them mentioning it.

They’re the owners aka Aldar Properties
What does that say for Circuit-Gilles Villeneuve? Will Kaz tweet about having the full support of the city of Montreal for having the track in the game?
I mean, Kaz did give Mount Panorama its props when announcing it was being added to GT6. Not to mention Bathurst Council naming a street Gran Turismo Drive. Maybe future World Tours will be at the new circuits(if the Sony budget can handle it).
 
If we have a rav4 and a chr does this mean we get a Cx5? because we have a cx30 and the chr, then we got the rav4 in this update I’m thinking in future updates we might get a whole family of cuvs and suvs
 
The FTO was bound to happen. It’s in PD’s MO to add six-cylinder coupes. We’ve got so many they can’t all fit in one grid.

As far as this:





What does that say for Circuit-Gilles Villeneuve? Will Kaz tweet about having the full support of the city of Montreal for having the track in the game?
I mean, Kaz did give Mount Panorama its props when announcing it was being added to GT6. Not to mention Bathurst Council naming a street Gran Turismo Drive. Maybe future World Tours will be at the new circuits(if the Sony budget can handle it).
Abu Dhabi are probably happy to sportswash things and seem cool by having PD endorse them. I'd like to think PD wouldn't say that if there was any other way.
 
Last edited:
Here's a bold take that even I think is crazy.




What if..... that missing 🌶 that has been unavailable throughout career mode, is made available by a game-wide Sophy implementation, essentially giving a second life to the entire career. When PSVR2 was launched in GT7, no one would have guessed that it would be available in every aspect of the game, INCLUDING sport mode. It surprised a lot of people, and as anyone whom switched to VR can attest, it transforms the entire game.

A game-wide Sophy implementation would completely transform GT7 into an almost entirely different game, 3 years into its life, and would buy PD a couple more years until they would have to push GT8 out. Almost every race in career mode (with those that are held on a Sophy-compatible track, excluding inclement weather races), can be duplicated with Sophy custom races. Since SOPHY has essentially been getting trained since GT Sport, I'd be shocked if SOPHY wasn't proficient with all cars and tracks by now. The only question is if she's learned to drive in wet weather.
 
Ok cool update, looking forward to this. Montreal and the Ferrari are huge imo.
Mostly feels like a mix of "too little too late" and "better late than never" tho.
And will I finally be able to pause the game during pit stops? 😮‍💨

Something more substantial I want to point out, that hopefully serves as an important lesson for PD (as clearly they've been listening to feedback). This update raises the total of what I count to be 5 major changes of functionality to what were new additions to the series:
Engine swaps
Collector level
Invitations
S Tier parts
Opportunities to collect tickets (extra menus, weeklies)

All of these features had their fair share of backlash, and are now basically neutered to the point of redundancy (save for Collector level, which is hopefully adding usefulness). I like to think PD will look at these things and the changes made, and actually retain those lessons going forward. Its clear at this point we got a game that was not completely fleshed out, but rather than being delayed as was the norm w GT titles, they decided to release it early, to what i consider to be a detriment to the game overall.
Am I glad we got it when we did, yes, and am i glad the game has improved so much, also yes. Just food for thought, and hoping our messages carries over in GT8: No. Menu. Book. Career!!
 
Last edited:
What I can do without in GT8.

  • ONLINE FORCE WHEN I WANT TO PLAY OFFLINE
  • Scapes
  • Menu books (a menu is still something to eat for me)
  • Strange characters who tell me metatext (an anecdote about each car is enough for me, like in the car overview)
  • Cr. that can be purchased with real money
  • Menus with countless submenus (I prefer a streamlined design, e.g., you select race and all possible race types are listed, which you can then filter or sort, or you select the brand -> the brand and all the cars appear immediately
  • Licenses that have virtually no impact (in the first 5 GTs, you had to complete the licenses to participate in all races; please do this again)
  • SUV's 😠 (Super Useless Vehicle)
 
Last edited:
What I can do without in GT8.

  • ONLINE FORCE WHEN I WANT TO PLAY OFFLINE
  • Scapes
  • Menu books (a menu is still something to eat for me)
  • Strange characters who tell me metatext (an anecdote about each car is enough for me, like in the car overview)
  • Cr. that can be purchased with real money
  • Menus with countless submenus (I prefer a streamlined design, e.g., you select race and all possible race types are listed, which you can then filter or sort, or you select the brand -> the brand and all the cars appear immediately
  • Licenses that have virtually no impact (in the first 5 GTs, you had to complete the licenses to participate in all races; please do this again)
  • SUV's 😠 (Super Useless Vehicle)
The whole credits/real cash system was a complete red herring.

Bought the game on Day 1 and three years later, I have 510 cars in my garage. All of them paid for with credits earned in-game by running races. I've never spent a penny of actual money to build up $290M+.

Only took about 50 hours of gameplay, to boot. Just have to know which races to run and maximize the payouts. It ain't rocket science.

Screenshot 2025-09-25 221010.webp
 
Last edited:
The whole credits/real cash system was a complete red herring.

Bought the game on Day 1 and three years later, I have 510 cars in my garage. All of them paid for with credits earned in-game by running races. I've never spent a penny of actual money to build up $290M+.

Only took about 50 hours of gameplay, to boot. Just have to know which races to run and maximize the payouts. It ain't rocket science.

View attachment 1481967
IMG_0133.webp

I spent less time in game but optimised my earnings more.
If you just play the game normally you’ll end up with enough and never need to think about buying credits.

IMG_0134.webp
 
Last edited:
How can you two have over 1,000 logged days in and only have 50 driving hours?

Someone hasn't driven all the cars yet. 😁
 
View attachment 1481968
I spent less time in game but optimised my earnings more.
If you just play the game normally you’ll end up with enough and never need to think about buying credits.

View attachment 1481970
At this point, I could run the Spa 1-hour race blindfolded with any of my GT3 fleet and still win by at least a minute. Cool 1.5M credits for 60 minutes work.

Helped me buy everything short of the 20M legendary cars, but I'm working on those now.

How were you able to build up that many credits so fast?
 
How can you two have over 1,000 logged days in and only have 50 driving hours?

Someone hasn't driven all the cars yet. 😁
If you check my profile out and see all the liveries/helmets I've made, that's where I spend WAY too much of my time, honestly. 🤪
 
I was thinking about possible content in this spec 3 update, and I have some thoughts.
Spec III is supposed to improve on Sport Mode. I think this will be bigger than simple patches or balancing of penalty system. Those small improvements could be made in smaller uodates. This can be a big Sport Mode overhaul.

Another thing is remaining cars. There was a picture of the Aston Martin Vantage GTE/GT3 in development floating around so I think this one could be possible.
Also if you look for Manufacturers in GT World Series. The only one „out of date” remaining are BMW, Mclaren and Porsche (and Ferrari which is obviusly going to be replaced)
Soooo since this update is going to be Sport Mode focus i think we could get more cars focused on sport mode

Also I noticed that those „big updates” (not only Spec ones) usually have those more anticipated cars. Spec 2 had one of the best lineups, eiger update had 3 very good supercars, rally impreza, and highly requested gen of M3.
This is why I think that 4 group 3 (or at least more than one 296 gt3) cars aren’t out of the possibility.
 
Last edited:
Do we know if endurance races are coming? I never understood how Kaz never made this a priority given his real life experience at the N24.
 
I was thinking about possible content in this spec 3 update, and I have some thoughts.
Spec III is supposed to improve on Sport Mode. I think this will be bigger than simple patches or balancing of penalty system. Those small improvements could be made in smaller uodates. This can be a big Sport Mode overhaul.

Another thing is remaining cars. There was a picture of the Aston Martin Vantage GTE/GT3 in development floating around so I think this one could be possible.
Also if you look for Manufacturers in GT World Series. The only one „out of date” remaining are BMW, Mclaren and Porsche (and Ferrari which is obviusly going to be replaced)
Soooo since this update is going to be Sport Mode focus i think we could get more cars focused on sport mode

Also I noticed that those „big updates” (not only Spec ones) usually have those more anticipated cars. Spec 2 had one of the best lineups, eiger update had 3 very good supercars, rally impreza, and highly requested gen of M3.
This is why I think that 4 group 3 (or at least more than one 296 gt3) cars aren’t out of the possibility.
I'd love nothing more than for them to make blue flags actually worth something in most AI races.
Under FIA rules, cars getting a blue flag are supposed to get out of the way of the leader when they get lapped.

I've had to fight GT3 cars tooth and nail on most tracks because they completely ignore them as I come through. By comparison to other racing games, it can be a real pain.
 
Looking forward to this update.The FTO is a great addition,brings back memories of the original Gran Turismo.The F1 car doesnt really interest me nor does the Mines R34,just my opinion,but happy for those it does.I cant wait to see what the other 4 cars will be.
Roll on December. 👍
 
Under FIA rules, cars getting a blue flag are supposed to get out of the way of the leader when they get lapped.
This is only so strict in F1.

In basically any other discipline. blue flags are there to say there's a faster car approaching and don't defend against/fight them, but there's no requirement to slow down and let them through, it's still on the faster car to safely pass.
 
I'd love nothing more than for them to make blue flags actually worth something in most AI races.
Under FIA rules, cars getting a blue flag are supposed to get out of the way of the leader when they get lapped.

I've had to fight GT3 cars tooth and nail on most tracks because they completely ignore them as I come through. By comparison to other racing games, it can be a real pain.
That's actually an F1 rule. The FIA blue flag just means faster car approaching. It's up to the series or race director to define what that requires.

Edit: Nakano219 beat me to it
 
Last edited:
Back