Gran Turismo Physics(Poll)

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 335 comments

What do you think about Gran Turismo Physics?

• GT6 Physics is simcade and I like it,I do not want GT Physics to become simulation.

Votes: 55 9.0%
  • GT6 Physics is simcade,this is not good enough for me I want simulation physics.

Votes: 150 24.4%
  • GT6 Physics is simulation.

Votes: 89 14.5%
  • GT6 physics is simulation, but I want even better simulation physics

Votes: 320 52.1%

• Total voters
Driving aids buddy, driving aids.
Or rather than driving aids, more like SRF, which is probably not a driving aid, but a whole physics changer itself.
Why not for the casuals? GT is a car game, even casual players may drive cars daily in real life. It might create a stronger desire for realism in them than in other genres where simulation is much more obscure. More realism also doesn't mean more difficulty. GT5 had lots of flaws that makes driving more difficult than it should be like overly sensitive brakes or ridiculously low tire grip for some cars.
I was referring to those casuals who either dont drive or they havent got a clue of how to drive a car at some speed. People who have been driven cars since long time and like to do so, and are a bit of a car enthusiasts, maybe should not be considered casuals because they know stuff.

It appears the Pcars tire model is based on feedback from a couple of race drivers and the members, which makes sense as the members are a sample of likely players.
By criticizing PCars tire model you will not do GT tire model to look better.
I know one thing for sure if SMS want to make a SIM they will do it,If PD do not want to make a SIM they will not do it,in all their racing experience.
To me this looks very good:

@NixxxoN do not forget Active Steering turn it on and no more oversteer.

Last edited:
It appears the Pcars tire model is based on feedback from a couple of race drivers and the members, which makes sense as the members are a sample of likely players.

And any of the wealth of publically available data on tyres.

They're good enough for me because they feel realistic and fun to play at the same time.

It must not be too realistic if its not fun to play, because at the end, more simulator or less simulator, its a game, a game that people (in general) buy to have fun, and if a game is not fun to play, then its not good, and people (in general) will not buy it.

Or it could be an in-game option. Sim and ProSim.

Or it could be an in-game option. Sim and ProSim.

for GT6 single player can be done ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

By criticizing PCars tire model you will not do GT tire model to look better.
I know one thing for sure if SMS want to make a SIM they will do it,If PD do not want to make a SIM they will not do it,in all their racing experience.
To me this looks very good:

Whenever Pcars comes up, I like to point out the caveat. That video for instance is running on a PC. I have no interest in getting a gaming PC. I can't justify the expense. A PS4 might be just as robust, so hopefully all the goodies in the videos make their way to the PS4 as well.

The PS3 simply can't do all the things Pcars shows in their videos, which is most likely why there isn't a PS3 version.

The PS3 simply can't do all the things Pcars shows in their videos, which is most likely why there isn't a PS3 version.
Not going on PS3 was a very smart decision IMO. It came about as a result of a community vote..another smart decision.

You get the most out of the cars when you drive them like you should, but the tire model leaves a lot to be desired and the lack of damage hinders things as well. As such you can do stuff with these cars that you would never be able to get away with in real life. pCars isn't even a dead on sim.

If GT has such physical simulation it would look like this:

Wow! That video sure is impressive. If the tire deformation that we are seeing in the video actually behaves even remotely accurate to real world tire physics then I am blown away. Do you play rFactor 2? For those of you who do/have, what do you think of their overall physics - especially compared to Gran Turismo 6. I've never played a single driving game besides GT6, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Wow! That video sure is impressive. If the tire deformation that we are seeing in the video actually behaves even remotely accurate to real world tire physics then I am blown away. Do you play rFactor 2? For those of you who do/have, what do you think of their overall physics - especially compared to Gran Turismo 6. I've never played a single driving game besides GT6, so I have nothing to compare it to.
I have played it and honestly its pretty close to GT6. They both feel great to me.

What do you guys think about this simcade or simulation?
Lotus 97T Comfort hard tires

No,I do not have gaming PC to play rFactor2.

Last edited:
Not even the same car. Nowhere close to the same power to weight ratio. What are you trying to prove?
Every rear wheel drive car will slide back end of the car if you spin the rear wheels and you have to catch it with the steering wheel.
Why, under heavy wheel spin, does the steering wheel stay exactly still?
Because the car does not move and I do not have to do corrections.

Every rear wheel drive car will slide back end of the car if you spin the rear wheels and you have to catch it with the steering wheel.

Because the car does not move and I do not have to do corrections.
Are you using a controller or a wheel?

How can you compare a RWD F1 car with standard road tires to a modern 4WD road car on what I assume are slicks.

Your logic is extremely flawed.

I hope you're trolling because if not, you're making yourself look pretty silly right now...

Logitech DFGT
I use a clubsport and my result was very realistic. I used a fully tuned viper on comfort hard and I had to correct the back from kicking out when accelerating. Either there is something wrong with your wheel or you were using no FFB.

I use a clubsport and my result was very realistic. I used a fully tuned viper on comfort hard and I had to correct the back from kicking out when accelerating. Either there is something wrong with your wheel or you were using no FFB.
FFB has nothing to do with what happens in the game, only the feedback you get to the wheel. And why use a different car? Use the same car as was used in the original test.

FFB has nothing to do with what happens in the game, only the feedback you get to the wheel. And why use a different car? Use the same car as was used in the original test.
I gotta buy it then. :PI sold it to get the TS030. :lol: But it may not have been the FFB but I did get the correct effect.

How can you compare a RWD F1 car with standard road tires to a modern 4WD road car on what I assume are slicks.

Your logic is extremely flawed.

I hope you're trolling because if not, you're making yourself look pretty silly right now...
As you say :D
You can try the same test with slicks
No try with Lotus 97T

I gotta buy it then. :PI sold it to get the TS030. :lol: But it may not have been the FFB but I did get the correct effect.
Torque steer from the rear on a standing start is 'faked' in GT via FFB, the physics engine doesn't model it as it should do and its rather easy to test for. Either switch of FFB on your wheel or use a DS3, if the physics engine was modelling it then it would still be present, if its not (and it will not be - this has been gone over endlessly) then its not modeled.

This is an area that PD still need to work on with the GT series.

Why, under heavy wheel spin, does the steering wheel stay exactly still?
Try this on any real world track in the game and the end result will likely be different.

Comfort hard tires have such a deadened steering affect in this game, I doubt they'd even move the car at such a high speed. Try using CH steers with any racing tires for rear and you'll find it incredibly hard to oversteer or even do a donut, when in reality the rear-end would likely spin to the front with any blip of the throttle. The 97T is a different scenario as it has comfort for both front and rear, but the supernatural downforce of this game keeps you planted after ~120mph.

It's a simple example of how this game is broken on multiple levels, and is showing arcade features outweighing simulation. Thank you for showing the video super_gt.

YZF
May be because of ideally flat surface of artificial RouteX track. Test needs to be done on real world circuits, like Nurburgring, etc.

even on completely flat track rear should be slide because the tires (in this case rear tires)never can"t be with exactly same circumference and this will slide the rear end!

Back