Gran Turismo Sport 1.41 Update Now Available: Adds Five Cars, More Events

Houston, we have a problem. I don't know if you guys know about this, but everytime you pause the game (in single player mode) the polygon count of the cars goes up. That's not new and i think they do that because of performance reasons, anyway, the porsche 930 is having some problems with this, look how the headlights gets blocky and the fenders change it's form when you are playing, and then gets rounded up when paused
Here's a video of what i'm talking about:
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190731035403.png
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190731035412.png

I don't know if this post belongs here, but i don't think it's a bug, if it doesn't i'm sorry.

The RTC is a sweet thing. Can't wait for SPort MOde and some Lobby racing in it.

That Time Trial is like the Seasonals. Cool!

4. Sport Mode
 - 'Time Trial' has been added to 'Sport' mode. Various events will be hosted within the Time Trial section.

Ooh, sounds interesting.

6. Lobby
 - Added "Practice/Qualifier/Race" and "Practice/Qualifier/Endurance Race" in the Room Mode of Basic Settings. When these room modes are selected, a Qualifying Time Trial will be held before races. "Qualifier Settings" will also appear within the Event Settings. (After completing the Qualifier, the game will automatically transition to the race screen.)

Yesss. Sounds great.

"A penalty reason message will now be displayed when receiving penalties."
Sweet. Sounds awesome.
Yessssss qualy great news :bowdown:

- "Tyre Wear" parameters and intensity of the slipstream under "Real" settings have been adjusted.
Oh, boy. Another one of those small notes that may have a big impact. Only got to do limited testing with @Windfire1010 but from what we can tell:

- Slipstream can be obtained from further back, up to over a second behind someone. It's not strong but it's there. Slipstream may be stronger if really close but that was less conclusive.

- Tire wear scaling may have changed. Only current explanation I have for when I rolled out the RCZ onto Sardegna using the T16 settings and finding tire wear to be better. It's supposed to be 10X but the wear appeared closer to the 7X range. I also did RBR and looked like my rears were looking somewhat better than my one trial run I did before the update.

I get that everyone is excited about the Porsche, but can someone please tell me how the Mazda feels? Does it oversteer? Is it too slow? Does it understeer? How are the brakes? What are its flaws? Give me something..
Or better yet, post a video....

There are still 7hrs before I get home and then I'll have to download the update with my 100kb/s connection which will take at least 3hrs....

After looking at the new cars the first thing I check after an update is, when you repaint the Alpine A110 '18, does the interior body coloured panel stay the original colour? That has bugged me all along.

That bugged me too when I bought the blue one and it's the same for the black version but at least it's a black interior which doesn't clash with exterior paints.

I just notice something weird happened to how the game rendering Porsche 930 Turbo.
The car headlight and body lost roundness details or poly count while playing but when I pause the game the details pop right up and the headlights looked round again.
This may be a glitch or it just the way adaptive tessellation works in the game but even if that was the case then it is a bit aggressive.
I play on standard PS4.
Driving my 930 with rough looking headlights really bothers right now.

Last edited:
All the cars are super premium, with the returning cars like the Mazda Touring car from GT5 being remodeled from scratch. Same with the last batch of DLC cars.

I think the car list is a good size now that PD doesn’t have to port/rework old 3D models with obvious polygonal edges which helped bump up the dlc car number to 8-10 cars per month. Instead, all the dlc cars coming in now look to be fully PS5-proof, so less dlc car count but higher quality that are actually modeled from scratch.

These look great!

I'm at work so can't get in game. Does it look like we'll be rewarded with DR for these time trials? It is in sports mode...

It literally gives no information on rewards. There's a button to "View the Event Website" that just goes to the Sport Mode page of gran-turismo.com which again, has no information on time trials whatsoever :lol:

Maybe PD will update it at some point, and if not we'll find out in two weeks!

I'm really really pleased to see these added but for this first round, I suck big time at the Nordschleife, and I don't have a clue about tuning :dunce:

Looking forward to the future events though :)

So apparently in GT5 and 6 the Roadster Touring Car was only offered in green with white stripes. At least a couple of the color schemes on the GT Sport version seem to reference the NA Miata RMs from GT1 and 2. I don't remember all of them but green with yellow stripes and red with white stripes were definitely options. I think blue with white stripes was one too.

EDIT:

Red/white, blue/white and green/yellow are all from the NA Miata racing mods! That's a nice reference, and the choice of colors on the Touring Car is pretty nice anyway.

Last edited:
I was hoping the Roadster to be Gr4, but N200 is good enough, Should be interesting to see it against the SFR Racing Concept

I get that everyone is excited about the Porsche, but can someone please tell me how the Mazda feels? Does it oversteer? Is it too slow? Does it understeer? How are the brakes? What are its flaws? Give me something..
Or better yet, post a video....

There are still 7hrs before I get home and then I'll have to download the update with my 100kb/s connection which will take at least 3hrs....

it oversteers. i like it though. might feel better at n300 because you dont really get to use 5th too much at n200.

Dont think theres differences in handling. But there is issue with 911 porsche front tesselation/pixelshading. Front fenders /lights frames in roof cam look like gt5 standart model - just to be fixed while game is paused..:crazy:

Will also post this to bugs thread

Back