Gran Turismo Sport 1.41 Update Now Available: Adds Five Cars, More Events

I’m not playing GT sport for a long time because I don’t like the FFB understeer rattle effect. Anybody know it is still there after latest updates or an option to turn it off?

I play with CSL elite and the rattle effect completely brakes the immersion for me.

Thanks

The scapes aren’t rendered in 3D, they are just photos with lighting and positioning for the car.

I think he meant that scapes performance is limited to three cars because full level of detail is rendered for each car. A fourth car would probably introduce frame rate problems.

Yeah, I've had a few heat shutdowns the last couple of weeks, but i know she's clean now and not running too hot.

I already had to redownload MHW 'cos it was crashing consistently when loading certain quests. My GTS has had slight corruption for quite a while but it only ever shows its head by crashing the game if i leave it on the menus - i think it crashes trying to load those random replays it shows. It never bothered me or interfered with much, and the game is such a huge download that I didn't fancy redownloading it just to fix that one problem when the game was still 100% playable.

looks like i might have to now, turning the 800mb update into a 90gb one. :)

I don't know if this helps but you can turn off the random replays it shows from the menu. It's in the options screen "Race Demo". That may or may not help your situation.

My PS4 could well be on it's last legs and what I saw isn't related. It's a launch day console and has been used pretty heavily. I've been holding off getting a Pro but if it dies before PS5 arrives I'll go in that direction.

why the number of cars is limited to 3 in scape mode? it's a shame!
Photoshop has no limitations:sly:
IMG_20190731_154249.jpg

I’m not playing GT sport for a long time because I don’t like the FFB understeer rattle effect. Anybody know it is still there after latest updates or an option to turn it off?

I play with CSL elite and the rattle effect completely brakes the immersion for me.
Isn't it supposed to be unpleasant when it happens, so you learn to never make it happen? FWIW it feels essentially the same as other games to me.

Hopefully the Civic track isn't susceptible to glitch cuts (maybe it's the other layout that has problems)

I hate to bring this up already, but yes there is a major short cut glitch in the Civic time trial. I just watched the top time replay, that has been set by a DR:C driver and is over 2 seconds faster than the 2nd place time, so kinda stands out.....

Firstly, there's no penalty zone, so it's old school cutting corners and then scrubbing off the penalties at will.

Secondly, you can cut the entire last corner....

I'd be wary of setting a time on this one as I imagine a leaderboard re-set is inbound like PD had to do with Goodwood.

I don't know if this helps but you can turn off the random replays it shows from the menu. It's in the options screen "Race Demo". That may or may not help your situation.

My PS4 could well be on it's last legs and what I saw isn't related. It's a launch day console and has been used pretty heavily. I've been holding off getting a Pro but if it dies before PS5 arrives I'll go in that direction.
i've bitten the bullet and started reinstalling it. It's kind of overdue as little niggling issues kept popping up. My console's old as hell too; got it when Destiny released. It's survived a lot and i often remind myself that i went through that 5 XBOX 360s during the same amount of time that ive had this ps4, so it really has been remarkably resilient. Here's hoping both our old girls can keep chugging along until ps5 drops :P

Shoot! It is a blank plate you are right! But is there the AC button?? Type R does not have an AC.

The Type R does have A/C in real life. The plate is a blanking plate for where the audio player would go. The facelift model in GT (98-00) has a double din plate instead of the single din that you'd see in a 96-98 pre-facelift.

9ab733as-960.jpg

The Wikipedia article is correct on the differences between the normal Type R and the Type Rx. Pedals and the CD player being the main giveaways, which were a few of the optional extras only available for the Rx.

Isn't it supposed to be unpleasant when it happens, so you learn to never make it happen? FWIW it feels essentially the same as other games to me.

I never felt a rattle effect in a game or in a real car when you have understeer. Normally in the games what I played the you go wide and the wheel goes weak when you suffer understeer. In GT Sport you get a unrealistic rattle effect what sometimes makes it impossible to get control again.

I never felt a rattle effect in a game or in a real car when you have understeer. Normally in the games what I played the you go wide and the wheel goes weak when you suffer understeer. In GT Sport you get a unrealistic rattle effect what sometimes makes it impossible to get control again.
googling "understeer rattle" almost only returns results from this forum talking about GTS FFB, which I guess would support your point.

I'm not a wheel user, but power-on understeer on corner exit does produce a chattering feeling as the tyres squirrel for grip across an angle too severe for the load. I imagine the "rattling" in GTS is supposed to accentuate this, as we don't have the liberty of getting feedback through the floor of the car (yer feet) which is more of where understeer is felt. It's similar to other ways PD has worked around giving us feedback that we can't naturally get through the controller. I imagine they wanted to make understeer rather unpleasant to encourage you to manage the power a little more and not "overstress" the tyres. I don't see them changing it unfortunately.

I'd play about with the Fanatec settings, I certainly never feel anything that makes me lose control. It's more like a brief jolt than a rattle and is very similar to how FM7 feels, for example. But I have the settings related to "effects" turned right down.

I hate to bring this up already, but yes there is a major short cut glitch in the Civic time trial. I just watched the top time replay, that has been set by a DR:C driver and is over 2 seconds faster than the 2nd place time, so kinda stands out.....

Firstly, there's no penalty zone, so it's old school cutting corners and then scrubbing off the penalties at will.

Secondly, you can cut the entire last corner....

I'd be wary of setting a time on this one as I imagine a leaderboard re-set is inbound like PD had to do with Goodwood.
:(

A bit disappointed with Circuit Experience being limited to layout A.

Any explanations as to why?
Circuit Experience always seems to use the longest layout for tracks which share parts of their configuration - in this case A, B and C all share parts of track and A is the longest version. That's why you have Circuit de la Sarthe with chicanes, Fuji with the chicane at Dunlop, the outer loops of Tokyo East and Central, and inner loop of Tokyo South - they're all the longest versions of those tracks which share parts of their configuration. You also get Suzuka but no Suzuka East (shared track layout, Suzuka is longer), St Croix C (shared parts of track layout, C is longest) and all three Willow Springs (no shared area of track).

On long tracks which join two shorter tracks with common access roads (N24, Kyoto Y&M) the Circuit Experience will use the individual circuits (NGP, Nordschleife; Yamagiwa, Miyabi) and not the unified layout.

The exception is Blue Moon Bay. Infield A is longer than the Speedway, but the Circuit Experience for that was in the game at the start and the Infield configurations arrived later.

My goal is to drive 1.000 kilometers in Nürburgring with this Porsche before driving another car. (Free roam; Time Trial; different times of day; different colors - all black for start; one against one in arcade racing...) I think it will be very easy. ;)

Great mind think alike.

But instead of different times, I'll be daily driving mine on my own custom touristenfahrten lobby.

Though I might run a few other races with it to put on some mileage, since simply free driving on lobbies don't add mileage, sadly.

EDIT: I already took a single picture of it on scapes, which is something I hardly ever do, and drove a little before leaving to work.

But tonight I'll do a proper test drive with it :)

Last edited:
I like the fact that every month GT sport prepare for us DLC free, while all the other games ask money for each new DLC, and that's not serious because at the end a game cost a lot of money. Then i want to thank you GT sport guys and say " You are the best" we appreciate what you do for your customers. We will always love GT.

Back