Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
In those posts he failed putting in words what he really wanted to say. That is why there was a misunderstanding.
No, I didn't fail to explain until now. You just couldn't understand it until I elaborated to a certain degree.
Well, at least you're finally able to get it though.

Now, regarding the "serious" thing.

What do you want? You want the GT series to stay in the living rooms forever? It can become something more than what it already is.

The below is evidence that the GT series is evolving. Are you against the below?
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gtsport/sport_mode/
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gtsport/license/
No, I'm not against those features. My original point is that I don't want to see Gran Turismo in the future lose any of the things that made it Gran Turismo. For GT titles after GT Sport, I don't want to see the classic GT career mode gone. I don't want to see the used car dealerships go away, GT Auto, customization, the fun menu music, and being able to drive multiple cars from small Kei cars to the ultra fast LMPs. Yes, it's good the GT series is evolving, but I don't want it to lose any of the things I listed that I become so used to in the franchise.

Just in case you point it out, I know Kaz has said in an interview that all of the features from the past aren't going away for GT Sport, but I'm talking about the future of the franchise. I'm not just talking about GT Sport when saying this. Also, Kaz has been known in the community to say things, but not actually do those things.

Yeah, and they told us what those would be already. We know what the offline campaign is and we know what is in arcade mode.

I can only remember 3 or 4 of the hundred-something offline events being revealed - do we really know what the offline campaign is?

I can only remember 3 or 4 of the hundred-something offline events being revealed - do we really know what the offline campaign is?
From every single slide that was shown about the campaign mode before, it was a lot of instructional videos and how to's, as well as "master the sector" point to point style license test. None of it looked like an actual race. I think one whole section was even just instructional only. They've added as well as removed some, but I'm willing to bet that it hasn't changed significantly but I'm still holding to hope that it'll change, though.

I'm not sure if this has been posted on another thread but this interview with Kaz just got posted on Gamespot
Some paraphrased tidbits:
"GTSport contains everything [features]we've had in the past plus new features."
"The beta is just a test, not a demo. It's just a sliver of everything contained in GTSport"
"From the beta we had a lot of constructive feedback. Our original objective was to figure out the server loads and the SR system and collision judgment system, but we a lot of constructive feedback about the cameras, UI and sound."
"The game economy is still being tweaked. Because the game has so many different features, the main objectives of the game might not be to unlock cars anymore."
"This time we asked Sony to give us more time than in previous games."
"Quality"
- When asked what sets GTSport apart from it's contemporaries. 1 word answer.
"Nowadays it's almost become impossible to release a game fully completely like we used to do on a single disc because of the complexity of modern games."
"GTSport is not going to be like GT5/6 where half a year after the game launches it's completed. It'll be a complete title when it releases."

From every single slide that was shown about the campaign mode before, it was a lot of instructional videos and how to's, as well as "master the sector" point to point style license test. None of it looked like an actual race. I think one whole section was even just instructional only. They've added as well as removed some, but I'm willing to bet that it hasn't changed significantly but I'm still holding to hope that it'll change, though.

Yeah you're talking about the Nurburgring sector break down. That was one of the 30-40 circuit experience events. Even if they did do a circuit breakdown of all of the tracks (15-19), that still leaves a lot of open circuit experience events.

Yeah you're talking about the Nurburgring sector break down. That was one of the 30-40 circuit experience events. Even if they did do a circuit breakdown of all of the tracks (15-19), that still leaves a lot of open circuit experience events.
License test aren't exactly my idea of a campaign mode. Would be nice as extra offline content, but not the main aspect, in my opinion.

Actually, I am curious on how currency is going to work in GT Sport. I mean, I saw credits still being displayed in the menus; so we're clearly going to still be buying cars. So, how are we getting them. Is it all going to be from the online modes or will the compaign mode have it too?

Also, it would be awesome if PD implemented Arcade mode in a similar fashion to how FM6 had it. If you could select the type of cars you race against along with the laps, and be able to earn money from winning races; then that could make the offline section enjoyable. Honestly, being able to create our own events could solve some of the offline issues.

So, Course Maker is in, dynamic weather is in,.... Is there going to be a"Guess what 'new' features are in the complete GTS" thread?

Actually, I am curious on how currency is going to work in GT Sport. I mean, I saw credits still being displayed in the menus; so we're clearly going to still be buying cars. So, how are we getting them. Is it all going to be from the online modes or will the compaign mode have it too?

Also, it would be awesome if PD implemented Arcade mode in a similar fashion to how FM6 had it. If you could select the type of cars you race against along with the laps, and be able to earn money from winning races; then that could make the offline section enjoyable. Honestly, being able to create our own events could solve some of the offline issues.
Ask @ImaRobot , apparently we know already :sly:
Yeah, and they told us what those would be already. We know what the offline campaign is and we know what is in arcade mode.

License test aren't exactly my idea of a campaign mode. Would be nice as extra offline content, but not the main aspect, in my opinion.

That's the point I was trying to make - we don't know what those other circuit experience events are. What we do know is that the beginner school and mission challenge look to be more of the license test, slalom, etc. that you are referring to - I doubt the other circuit experience events are more license/slalom/complete-this-turn-in-this-time style events. That doesn't fit well with the nurburgring sector breakdown.

I think I've mentioned this before.
But if you watch carefully and analyse the start of this ISR video from E3 you'll notice he wins credits in "Single Race"
It shows "Reward Credits" of 11,100, plus earning Driver Level Exp. and Daily Marathon miles.
He pushes "X" and the results of a Tokyo race is shown.
Then he gets replay or exit options with the Tokyo track showing and "Single Race" in the top left corner.
He then "Exits" and selects a new track for a Single Race, using cars from the Garage.
So it looks to me, at least on that E3 build, that you earn credits in Arcade Single Race.
(You'll need to slow it down or it's over before you see what's happening)

Last edited:
I care about facts, not opinions.

We all start ignorant.
Goodness me that is savage. Why would you be like that man?

"From the beta we had a lot of constructive feedback. Our original objective was to figure out the server loads and the SR system and collision judgment system, but we a lot of constructive feedback about the cameras, UI and sound."
Is this the first time anything has been mentioned about player feedback? I just hope things do change as a result.

"Nowadays it's almost become impossible to release a game fully completely like we used to do on a single disc because of the complexity of modern games."
That's rubbish. You can make a complete game with all the features you promised at the beginning, and then add other stuff once you get that sorted. To be honest this quote is just an excuse to hold features back at release - only for them to become available down the track.

Looking at you B Spec and Course Maker...

I'm not sure if this has been posted on another thread but this interview with Kaz just got posted on Gamespot

It is nice that we got a 24 minute long interview with Kaz. It takes the translator factor into the equation, allowing him to get a more detailed interview across and explain their thought processes behind certain decisions.

Great questions, and great job digging/persisting for answers.

Last edited:
@Tassie_tiger oh shoot, I didn't notice that the first time I watched that. That's good to hear actually, it was something I liked about Forza 6's arcade mode; being able to win credits from just doing arcade races.
I actually like the idea of receiving credits after an Arcade Mode race. Gives me some more motivation.

@Tassie_tiger oh shoot, I didn't notice that the first time I watched that. That's good to hear actually, it was something I liked about Forza 6's arcade mode; being able to win credits from just doing arcade races.
I actually like the idea of receiving credits after an Arcade Mode race. Gives me some more motivation.
Yeh, agreed.
It would definitely make a nice change. 👍

So, 11,000 for getting 4th in I assume a 20 car field.
And we saw that the Merc. GT costs 184,000.
Might have to buy some driving gloves to avoid the blisters if I want that Veneno. :P

:lol:
We'll find out soon enough.
But it seems a reasonable assumption looking at that footage.

I would imagine a Gold/Silver/Bronze credit system in the Campaign events as well.
But no doubt the big dollars will be Sport mode.

That's rubbish. You can make a complete game with all the features you promised at the beginning, and then add other stuff once you get that sorted.
That's simply not how it works in the real world. Things get delayed, things take longer than expected, things are not of the quality that is required, priorities shift, etc. etc. You can't just delay indefinitely with a 200+ people money drain, at some point you will have to release and start to make money instead of just spending it.

However we can only earn credits using cars we own from our garage. Rental/courtesy cars won't make you earn credits.

That's simply not how it works in the real world. Things get delayed, things take longer than expected, things are not of the quality that is required, priorities shift, etc. etc. You can't just delay indefinitely with a 200+ people money drain, at some point you will have to release and start to make money instead of just spending it.

I somewhat disagree.

What you say first is correct what you say in the second part is a conclusion a company has to make when they @#€&#€ up.

Look if time and time again games these days release incomplete maybe it is an issue. What if I told you they purposely hint for features they know they are never able to reach (within time) just to get the hypetrain going?

I really do believe the videogame industry is a very dark and foul place where very unethical things happen and are allowed to happen. (DRM for example, something a store would never be able to get done but once it's virtual it's all good)

So yeah they absolutely can bring out full games. If they set up reasonable goals for releasecontent. Saying they can't is imo kind of just white knigthing for gaming companies.

I somewhat disagree.

What you say first is correct what you say in the second part is a conclusion a company has to make when they @#€&#€ up.

Look if time and time again games these days release incomplete maybe it is an issue. What if I told you they purposely hint for features they know they are never able to reach (within time) just to get the hypetrain going?

I really do believe the videogame industry is a very dark and foul place where very unethical things happen and are allowed to happen. (DRM for example, something a store would never be able to get done but once it's virtual it's all good)

So yeah they absolutely can bring out full games. If they set up reasonable goals for releasecontent. Saying they can't is imo kind of just white knigthing for gaming companies.
Thing is, Kaz said that in the context of GT5 and GT6 not being AS polished as they needed to be when they released. Even then, the updates they released were made a priority without stamping a price on them. The unfortunate downside to that is with the people who have terrible internet speeds or a data cap.

Edit -

A single car DLC selling for 100 dollars is representative of the exploitation made rampant in the videogame industry. What Kaz did, and didn't do, was a slight letdown in what could have been easily the worst thing to happen in gaming since what Konami did to Kojima and MGS, or whatever the hell Take-Two did to their community of supporters.

Last edited:
Goodness me that is savage. Why would you be like that man?

Is this the first time anything has been mentioned about player feedback? I just hope things do change as a result.

That's rubbish. You can make a complete game with all the features you promised at the beginning, and then add other stuff once you get that sorted. To be honest this quote is just an excuse to hold features back at release - only for them to become available down the track.

Looking at you B Spec and Course Maker...
It s not an excuse cause he clarified it will be a complete game at release not like GT5 and 6 where you have to wait Dlc to get all the feature

Thing is, Kaz said that in the context of GT5 and GT6 not being AS polished as they needed to be when they released. Even then, the updates they released were made a priority without stamping a price on them. The unfortunate downside to that is with the people who have terrible internet speeds or a data cap.

Edit -

A single car DLC selling for 100 dollars is representative of the exploitation made rampant in the videogame industry. What Kaz did, and didn't do, was a slight letdown in what could have been easily the worst thing to happen in gaming since what Konami did to Kojima and MGS, or whatever the hell Take-Two did to their community of supporters.

Sorry if it i gave off a wrong idea on my point of view. I don't think PD currently is doing unethical things. What I meant is in a world where etics don't matter small 'offenses' as purposely lying about content you know you can't deliver on launch is very easy to look over and justify. I believe we shouldn't.

It's not because it's not as bad as really immoral bussinessmodels, I mean games filled with microtransactions, that we shouldt point out to these companied that we are not ok with this kind of marketing.

Effect are visible allready: whatever Kaz says half of this forum doez not seem to put faith in his words because he has shattered that faith over and over.

Didn't GT PSP had that too? Especially since it didn't really have a career mode and more of License/Driving Mission mode.

Now come to think about it, GT Sport started to remind me of GT PSP oddly.

Back