Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I said 2 things
And your question doesn't point neither so i m still don't know what your asking me from the first comment
I wasn't asking you anything. I was telling you that what you claimed is not what is said in that article. How you can forget when it's hardly been a couple of replies is beyond me.

I wasn't asking you anything. I was telling you that what you claimed is not what is said in that article. How you can forget when it's hardly been a couple of replies is beyond me.
You asked me to where you can read it up...and now you say you don't, is it me who have a problem ?
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/gran-turismo-6-features-gps-powered-special-features
If with that it s not what i wrote, so i guess you doesn't understand my point

Edit: i didn't see the end of your comment, while you re editing

Well for GTS it is different, cause they re only planning to add cars and tracks and not features

You asked me to where you can read it up...and now you say you don't, is it me who have a problem ?
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/gran-turismo-6-features-gps-powered-special-features
If with that it s not what i wrote, so i guess you doesn't understand my point
Yeah, and how long ago was that? You replied with what am I asking after I sent
I'm guessing you're talking about this part?
That is not even remotely close to what you have claimed. GTS is approaching it in the exact same manner as they're also going to continue developing and adding content throughout its life. They've already confirmed it with the expansion of many of the cars, and I'm willing to be we'd get more too.
So why would I back track to a previous post when this is where we are at?

So now that you've posted a correct article that has relevance to what you said, this came out literally a month before the game launched, yet if you look at this article from GTP a couple of months prior, you can clearly see that this was not intentional to plan it's release after the game came out.

GTP: Will players have more control over the tracks they can create in GT6, compared to GT5?

“Yes. In regards to the course maker, it is cutting it really close as to whether or not it will make it in time for day one or not for GT6. It’s definitely going to be there, but whether or not it will be available from day one I’m just not really sure right now.
It definitely seems to me that that they would have liked it in but aren't sure, not that they intentionally set it up that way.

The funny thing is that he states it's cutting it close if it'll make it on release. Cutting it close is releasing it 2 years later?

Still doesn't make sense as he's still talking about how to acquire cars. Nothing has been said or mentioned of the sort, by me, as well as the fact that nothing has been said by the Devs.

And whats the problem with me going off the information we have available, and not liking the direction its heading and calling it what it is? I have acknowledged the fact that there possibly might be something in the Challanges, as there was one picture of a one lap stint in the first 19 slides of the 62 available. Still, however, that is no race. I'm not surmising anything, as I'm using the information and being weary of the direction its going. Everything they've shown about it has been extremely lacking, and we've seen more than just a little, as we've got a full outline of what each section within the mode is cover, as well as a glimpse of them.

If things change, so will my opinion. As it is that is no career mode, even if that's what they're calling it. Hopefully they do make a change, but until than, there is absolutely no reason why I should change my opinion of how its turning out to be so far.

No, just using eyes to look at things that have been said by PD themselves and not liking the direction of it.
This was your statement.
We know what the offline campaign is and we know what is in arcade mode.
As you seem to know what Campaign Mode is, then I presumed you would know if credits are awarded, and what all the events are in Campaign Mode (not just a number of events) and what Arcade Mode will consist of in the game on release. It seems you don't.

My thoughts are that we still haven't seen much about drifting, and as it was part of Arcade Mode previously, it could still be added to it, and all we have seen of some parts of Campaign Mode is a number of events. None of us know what they consist of. This part for example (which I find the most intriguing) ,

Race Etiquette
In online, as well as real races, etiquette on the track is as important as performance. Learn the rules of etiquette and sportsmanship that’s required in all player-vs-player races. Even if you’re not a top driver with lots of confidence in your skills, you will still have plenty of fun because each player will be matched fairly with people of their own level for fair and equal online racing. http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/products/gtsport/driving/

All we know is there's 10 events, that's not exactly knowing what Campaign is , is it? For all we know those 10 events could be similar to Career of old, from Beginner to what in GT6 terms was Super, although I kind of doubt it.

This was your statement.

As you seem to know what Campaign Mode is, then I presumed you would know if credits are awarded, and what all the events are in Campaign Mode (not just a number of events) and what Arcade Mode will consist of in the game on release. It seems you don't.

My thoughts are that we still haven't seen much about drifting, and as it was part of Arcade Mode previously, it could still be added to it, and all we have seen of some parts of Campaign Mode is a number of events. None of us know what they consist of. This part for example (which I find the most intriguing) ,

Race Etiquette
In online, as well as real races, etiquette on the track is as important as performance. Learn the rules of etiquette and sportsmanship that’s required in all player-vs-player races. Even if you’re not a top driver with lots of confidence in your skills, you will still have plenty of fun because each player will be matched fairly with people of their own level for fair and equal online racing. http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/products/gtsport/driving/

All we know is there's 10 events, that's not exactly knowing what Campaign is , is it? For all we know those 10 events could be similar to Career of old, from Beginner to what in GT6 terms was Super, although I kind of doubt it.
Yep, Arcade mode will apparently have Single Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial, and 2 player Split Screen.

We do know what Campaign mode consist of as we've gotten told what each mode is and what it'll intail(most of which shyed away from an actual race), we do not know every single mission available. I have stated where I think the "races" will be many times, and have acknowledged the most likely place would be in circuit experience or mission challange. Credits are awarded throughout the game no? So why would I still know about car purchasing if it spans the whole game? And Arcade mode was in the beta, was it not?

What we know about campaign mode is a breakdown of what these modes are going to have, as well as a glimpse of a number of the events, as well as the image that someone posted recently about the Viper one lapper. It still didn't expand on much of anything, or give us much new information, although we do know that the numbers of each even has changed.

Race Etiquette
Which again, would fit perfectly as a license test, an aside, an extra. That is not something I'd call career worthy for racing.

GT-Sport-6.jpg

There's already 4 events listed in that image. Thats not very encouraging.

Yeah, and how long ago was that? You replied with what am I asking after I sent

So why would I back track to a previous post when this is where we are at?

So now that you've posted a correct article that has relevance to what you said, this came out literally a month before the game launched, yet if you look at this article from GTP a couple of months prior, you can clearly see that this was not intentional to plan it's release after the game came out.

It definitely seems to me that that they would have liked it in but aren't sure, not that they intentionally set it up that way.

The funny thing is that he states it's cutting it close if it'll make it on release. Cutting it close is releasing it 2 years later?
When i answered to you, i hadnt your full comment yet, you can see on my quote, that miss a part
Yes it s was discussed before the second article, but in this interview, it could be just a mention of the existence of these mode, and not to be part at launch
We didnt have a right time frame ( for bspec)
Yes for course maker, it was a initial feature if they make it in time
Still, they announced new features for post launch ( GPS) that s part of the expendable planning, and continue to add new stuff
But for GTS, who is a ''all the feature'' at the start, it would not surprise me if they change again their plan lol

And about your other conversation, for me there re no career mode like we see from the pictures, so i don't understand when Kaz said anything was drop...

Yep, Arcade mode will apparently have Single Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial, and 2 player Split Screen.
We do know what Campaign mode consist of as we've gotten told what each mode is and what it'll intail(most of which shyed away from an actual race), we do not know every single mission available. I have stated where I think the "races" will be many times, and have acknowledged the most likely place would be in circuit experience or mission challange. Credits are awarded throughout the game no? So why would I still know about car purchasing if it spans the whole game? And Arcade mode was in the beta, was it not?

What we know about campaign mode is a breakdown of what these modes are going to have, as well as a glimpse of a number of the events, as well as the image that someone posted recently about the Viper one lapper. It still didn't expand on much of anything, or give us much new information, although we do know that the numbers of each even has changed.

Which again, would fit perfectly as a license test, an aside, an extra. That is not something I'd call career worthy for racing.

View attachment 655803

There's already 4 events listed in that image. Thats not very encouraging.
Thank you both for updating me on parts of the game I have obviously missed :), and apologies for the nature of my (uninformed) posts, and yes @ImaRobot , that Racing Etiquette part isn't encouraging at all.:nervous:

Thank you both for updating me on parts of the game I have obviously missed :), and apologies for the nature of my (uninformed) posts, and yes @ImaRobot , that Racing Etiquette part isn't encouraging at all.:nervous:
The only thing I would add is that Racing Etiquette now (here comes that word again) apparently has 24 events, if we are going by the updated list of 145 events total.

Didn't GT PSP had that too? Especially since it didn't really have a career mode and more of License/Driving Mission mode.

Now come to think about it, GT Sport started to remind me of GT PSP oddly.
It was the only way to get money I think... Then again there were driving challenges which you got money for.

It was the only way to get money I think... Then again there were driving challenges which you got money for.
Yeah i think that was the case.

Pikes Peak and Goodwood are just a few days away. If included in GTSport, it's the perfect opportunity to show a trailer.
If there's no hillclimb couse, then I'm going to question on why PD decided to model 2 hillclimb cars in the first place.
Was there any Hillclimb races in GT3, GT4 and GT5? Otherwise, popular cars like the Suzuki Escudo wouldn't make sense ether but people didn't mind it. Thought i agree with you on the whole hillclimb thing.
What money is use for on GT psp ?
I hope there re still customization..car dealer..
Buying new cars and that's all i could think of.

Was there any Hillclimb races in GT3, GT4 and GT5? Otherwise, popular cars like the Suzuki Escudo wouldn't make sense ether but people didn't mind it. Though I agree with you on the whole hillclimb thing.
No, there weren't hillclimb events in those games. Though, GT5 had the Eiger dirt course that had steephills; the Escudo along with the hillclimbers in GT6 at least had that for some form of hillclimb challenge (and Goodwood in GT6).

This has probably been asked before, but I NEED to know about the 3 Pre-Order cars. Are they Pre-Order exclusive, or are they just early unlocks? Because there's currently a small conflict going on over on Twitter right now as to which it is.

I'm just hoping that I didn't waste my money on a Pre-Order that I didn't need to purchase. I'd much rather own a hard disk copy of the game over a digital release.

This has probably been asked before, but I NEED to know about the 3 Pre-Order cars. Are they Pre-Order exclusive, or are they just early unlocks? Because there's currently a small conflict going on over on Twitter right now as to which it is.

I'm just hoping that I didn't waste my money on a Pre-Order that I didn't need to purchase. I'd much rather own a hard disk copy of the game over a digital release.
They are early unlocks, not pre-order exclusives. Anyone can own the cars.

They are early unlocks, not pre-order exclusives. Anyone can own the cars.
IIRC they are quite pricey cars as well, so it'll give you a jump start on the game and racing online vs. someone who doesn't pre-order. Similar to the several cars you received with the GT6 pre-order. If you're going to buy the game anyway, as many will, pre-ordering makes sense if you want to skip the early part of the game, tooling around in a single car or slogging through the offline portion of the game trying to earn money to go racing and buy better cars.

Pikes Peak and Goodwood are just a few days away. If included in GTSport, it's the perfect opportunity to show a trailer.

If there's no hillclimb course, then I'm going to question on why PD decided to model 2 hillclimb cars in the first place.

I haven't thought about either of those 2 events for ages.
Thanks for the reminder. 👍

Pikes Peak is not going to be in the game.
Race week and Fan Fest, here at Pikes Peak, have now come and gone without so much as a peep about Gran Turismo or GT Sport.
They have virtually zero presence on the PPIHC website, and have reduced their race sponsorship level rather than consolidated it.
There is no way they would pass up this opportunity to showcase it, if they had anything, ... even something in the works.
Not one mention or image here at the race, or in any promotional material they've released elsewhere.
They're not doing Pikes Peak, my educated opinion.

Last edited:
Yes. No official confirmation yet, so Le Mans can be just a Scape (this is ridiculous) and snow track probably does not exist, but I'm pretty sure Le Mans is in the game and snow track is not just a layout but separate track.

Why everybody say there will be a snow track? It's a pure imagination on your part.

Snow tyres on list ? Fisherman's Ranch will have a snow version based on the new PlayStation site.

For Le Mans, this track will probably be in the game but we need an official confirmation.

Last edited:
Why everyone say there will be a snow track? It's a pure imagination on your part.

Snow tyres on list ? Fisherman's Ranch will have a snow version based on the new PlayStation site.

For Le Mans, this track will probably be in the game but we need an official confirmation.

My question is, why is 'everyone' saying that there will be a snow version of Fisherman's Ranch? This is not the case, it's just categorized as a dirt / snow track, both dirt tracks and snow tracks will have that category. So Sardegna Windmills as example will also be categorized like that. And we have snow tyres in the beta so obviously they're planning to have a snow track in the final game. While it's definately possible for some locations to have a snow layout I don't really see that happening so I expect at least 1 new location for a snow track.

I agree with Le Mans though, I expect it'll be in the final game as well. It just has to be. Would be really stupid to only have a scape of it.

Why everyone say there will be a snow track? It's a pure imagination on your part.

There will be a snow track exactly because of this new PlayStation site. "Dirt/Snow Circuit" is how PD called a rally tracks section in previous games. This site just states that Fisherman's Ranch is a rally track and also proves that there is a snow track, since type is called "Dirt/Snow" and not just "Dirt". And there is snow tyres, yes.
Would like to be wrong when we will see an official track list.

There will be a snow track exactly because of this new PlayStation site. "Dirt/Snow Circuit" is how PD called a rally tracks section in previous games. This site just states that Fisherman's Ranch is a rally track and also proves that there is a snow track, since type is called "Dirt/Snow" and not just "Dirt". And there is snow tyres, yes.
Would like to be wrong when we will see an official track list.
Sorry, but I don't follow.
Fisherman's Ranch is a "Dirt/Snow" track.
Every chance Sardegna will be to.
Why the insistence of a dedicated "Snow"track?

My personal list shows 12 tracks.
I have yet to include Le Mans or Interlagos.
But each to their own on that decision.

Track List

Real World Tracks (5)

Brands Hatch
Nurburgring
Willow Springs
Mount Panarama
Suzuka

Original Tracks (7)
Circuit (2)
Dragon Trail International Speedway
Lake Maggiore

City (1)
Tokyo Expressway

Oval (2)
Northern Isle Speedway
Blue Moon Bay

Rally (2)
Fisherman's Ranch
Sardegna

The other point I would make is that it still isn't determined if it's 15 or 19 tracks.
So calling that we" already know all the tracks" seems premature to me, to say the least.

Edit.
I see now what you and @Firehuntah are saying.
It could be dirt, or it could be snow, or it could be both.
Fair point. 👍

But suffice to say I won't be including a hunch on my track list. ;)

Last edited:
My list shows 12 tracks.
I have yet to personally include Le Mans or Interlagos.
Don't even start about Interlagos, everyone except you think that this screenshot is good enough to confirm it :lol:
Of course, we are talking about PD and finished track can easily be thrown away, but this can relate to any confirmed track.

The other point I would make is that it still isn't determined if it's 15 or 19 tracks.
So calling that we" already know all the tracks" seems premature to me, to say the least.
That's exactly why I said "no official confirmation yet" and "would like to be wrong when we will see an official track list". This is just my thoughts for now, but I'm sure things won't change later.

Back