Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
It s not an excuse cause he clarified it will be a complete game at release not like GT5 and 6 where you have to wait Dlc to get all the feature
Unless you have your hands on a release copy of GTS you can't state that as a fact.

Plenty of assurances about what will be in a title at launch get made in advance by numerous devs, those promises don't always get kept.

PD is no different in that regard, and given past form I would be a little less eager in stating it as if it were fact.

It s not an excuse cause he clarified it will be a complete game at release not like GT5 and 6 where you have to wait Dlc to get all the feature
Well, I believe when he says complete, he means with all of the content intended to be in the base game. However, there was some other stuff added to the games that was simply additional content as free DLC. He said that GT5 and GT6 were considered by him to be "complete" around 6 months after launch, and anything after that was just additional content.

That's how I interpenetrated it anyway.

May I ask something?

The update said about more race start times... was it only fr yesterday or is it for the other days too?

May I ask something?

The update said about more race start times... was it only fr yesterday or is it for the other days too?
I'll check. I understood it to be a wider change in schedule, but some have suggested that it's the norm post-update. I've only ever had the Beta on v1.06 (because Media Cup), so I don't know.

What if I told you they purposely hint for features they know they are never able to reach (within time) just to get the hypetrain going?
I'd shrug. Because that's what I do when someone makes a wild claim on the internet with no proof whatsoever. If what you say is true there would be lawsuits all over the place. There are none. Not 'a few', none, zero.

The simple reason is that these companies have investors/publishers and as are bound by fairly strict rules and laws preventing them from doing this (as it exposes them to lawsuits). Hell, the UK authorities even investigated Hello Games (No Mans Sky) for a false advertising complaint and decided there was no case. Wonder why there's no class action lawsuit against them? Because there are no grounds. And that was way more hyping than Kaz has ever done for all of his games combined.

People should stop looking for malice behind every action as usually there is none. Over-ambition? Sure. Incompetence? Sure. Lying to drive sales? Nope.

I'll check. I understood it to be a wider change in schedule, but some have suggested that it's the norm post-update. I've only ever had the Beta on v1.06 (because Media Cup), so I don't know.
The schedule update that was in game for the US specified it as being for June 20th and 21st, for what it's worth.

Is it me or does the game's sense of speed feels quicker now in V1.07?

I feel it in the chase cam. I took the GTR Gr.4 for a spin on the 'Ring and man did it feel nice.

I'd shrug. Because that's what I do when someone makes a wild claim on the internet with no proof whatsoever. If what you say is true there would be lawsuits all over the place. There are none. Not 'a few', none, zero.

The simple reason is that these companies have investors/publishers and as are bound by fairly strict rules and laws preventing them from doing this (as it exposes them to lawsuits). Hell, the UK authorities even investigated Hello Games (No Mans Sky) for a false advertising complaint and decided there was no case. Wonder why there's no class action lawsuit against them? Because there are no grounds. And that was way more hyping than Kaz has ever done for all of his games combined.

People should stop looking for malice behind every action as usually there is none. Over-ambition? Sure. Incompetence? Sure. Lying to drive sales? Nope.

Yeah mate I exaggerated the entire deal. I'll grant you that. But yeah I'm feel confident saying that companies (early on) set goals that are overly ambitious and I'm confident a lot of people within the company know when they do.

As example: companies I worked for have often started projects that where overly ambitious at start. We the engineering department would explain why and how that is overly abutious yet that doesn't matter. No they tell us we are pessimists.

So yes I have the guts to come out here and say that certain people knew those claims where overly ambitious and yes I admit that stupid people with little to no technical background eventually make descisions on that behalve. This leads to claims that are considered overly abituous while by the time they did put them out (very early development stages) they have been told time and time again it won't work in time. This is on purpose. If not then they refuse to learn from their own mistakes.

And as Einstein once said: "insanity is repeating the same experiment over and over expecting diffirent results."

So you draw your conclusions on marketing.

Then when the true advertising starts they afvertise the real content available. Because there are laws that prohibit them frop falsly advertising.

See the diffrence? I give way less leeway in what is considered overly ambitious.

Take gts overly ambitious kind of is an overstatement. This game had a release date in november 2016 here we are summer 2017 and the closest to a releasedate we get is .... Fall 2017.

One year delay is not something that just happens. This is a huge misunderstanding of the amount of work that is required to develop a game.

So what's more plausible they ran into a series of unexpected hick up's that made thel delay the launch by a full year. Or they set their goals totaly wrong whith some people in company knowing it and some people withint the company in denial. My personal experience shows the latter, and yes denying as those exact same people are then mad at the people who warned them it's impossible....

So yeah mate I was somewhat harsh and cutted a few turns when I exlained what my opinion is on those marketingstrategies in the very early developmentstages.

Again no I do not claim false advertising I claim willfull ignorance from the marketing departments and people that have to check for false advertising don't know ... About the technical world.

Yes this a claim and opinion that I extrapolate from my own life as a mechanical engineer. So if you know people in simmilar jobs who encounter a diffre't way of working please do ingorm me as I understand anecdotal evidence is pretty much worthless.

TL : DR
I also hope you understand I do not mean they're sitting in a room mwuahahah how can we falsely advertise this game. I just believe in early development they rather tell us what they wish the game to be rather then what they might be able to accomplish. Is that more rational?

Ask @ImaRobot , apparently we know already :sly:
Why would I know about how car buying works? I've never mentioned anything about it once. However we have seen a big chunk of the "campaign mode" and it really looks less like actual race and more of driver training. Ignore the actual information we have if you want, no skin off my back.

That's the point I was trying to make - we don't know what those other circuit experience events are. What we do know is that the beginner school and mission challenge look to be more of the license test, slalom, etc. that you are referring to - I doubt the other circuit experience events are more license/slalom/complete-this-turn-in-this-time style events. That doesn't fit well with the nurburgring sector breakdown.
Why doesn't it for in the break down? It's still a complete-this-in-a-certain-time event. They're specifically labeled as a mode for you to still get taught, and master or beat a track within a certain time threshold. Still very much a license test.

GT-Sport-4.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ure-single-player-career-events-races.346416/

It even says sub divided track challenges exactly on the image. While it has changed, I'm willing to bet it's to accommodate the jump from 15 to 19 tracks. These just look like time trails. Nothing we've seen so far resembles any actual racing.

Why would I know about how car buying works? I've never mentioned anything about it once. However we have seen a big chunk of the "campaign mode" and it really looks less like actual race and more of driver training. Ignore the actual information we have if you want, no skin off my back.

Why doesn't it for in the break down? It's still a complete-this-in-a-certain-time event. They're specifically labeled as a mode for you to still get taught, and master or beat a track within a certain time threshold. Still very much a license test.

View attachment 655707
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ure-single-player-career-events-races.346416/

It even says sub divided track challenges exactly on the image. While it has changed, I'm willing to bet it's to accommodate the jump from 15 to 19 tracks. These just look like time trails. Nothing we've seen so far resembles any actual racing.
I basically agree with what you're saying, that we just don't know.

The only thing I have is this latest image.

GTS_Screen_CampaignMissionChallenge_PS4_E32017.png

So event 19 is a one lap battle at Big Willow in the Viper Gr.4.
I guess you could call that racing, but it's not what we typically think about when using that term.

What lies in later challenges is anyone's guess.

I basically agree with what you're saying, that we just don't know.

The only thing I have is this latest image.

GTS_Screen_CampaignMissionChallenge_PS4_E32017.png

So event 19 is a one lap battle at Big Willow in the Viper Gr.4.
I guess you could call that racing, but it's not what we typically think about when using that term.

What lies in later challenges is anyone's guess.
Mission challenge is likely the only place we'll find something that will be there closest we'll get to actual racing, I feel. Yet that'll still be including times sector events as well. I'm hoping more is explained in the future because as it sits, it's looking very lackluster.

Last edited:
Mission challenge is likely the only place we'll find something that will be there closest we'll get to actual racing, I feel. Yet that'll still be including times sector events as well. I'm hoping more is explained in the future because as it sits, it's looking b very lackluster.
Yep, agreed. 👍

Beginners School sounds very much like "brake within this zone", "go around this corner" type of events.
Circuit Experience sounds like breaking the track into segments, maybe a full lap at the end, GT5 AMG Academy type thing around a number of different tracks.
Racing Etiquette seems to be FIA license orientated, things like overtaking, flag rules, safety car procedures, etc.

So Mission Challenge is where it's at.
But that looks like it also includes knocking over cones (Coffee Breaks), and chase the rabbit type events as well.
I hold some hope for the later events here, but I can't see it including things like GT6 Career "Super GT500 Championship" race series either.

Maybe it will.
We'll see.

Yep, agreed.
Beginners School sounds very much like "brake within this zone", "go around this corner" type of events.
Circuit Experience sounds like breaking the track into segments, maybe a full lap at the end, GT5 AMG Academy type thing.
Racing Etiquette seems to be FIA license orientated, things like overtaking, flag rules, safety car procedures, etc.

So Mission Challenge is where it's at.
But that looks like it also includes knocking over cones (Coffee Breaks), and chase the rabbit type events as well.
I hold some hope for the later events here, but I can't see it including things like GT6 Career "Super GT500 Championship" race series either.

We'll see.
Still, my concerns are still very valid as it sits. I'm just using information we currently know rather than getting my hopes up too high, because it's all not to pleasing to me, currently.

Unless you have your hands on a release copy of GTS you can't state that as a fact.

Plenty of assurances about what will be in a title at launch get made in advance by numerous devs, those promises don't always get kept.

PD is no different in that regard, and given past form I would be a little less eager in stating it as if it were fact.
It s not fact, and no one said it s fact, just stating that for pd, this time the game is designed to have all the feature at release not like
gt6 where it s known to be a kit game at annoucement
And yes things can be change but for now all the promote feature they annouce it s already there so..

It s not fact, and no one said it s fact, just stating that for pd, this time the game is designed to have all the feature at release not like
gt6 where it s known to be a kit game at annoucement
And yes things can be change but for now all the promote feature they annouce it s already there so..
I'm pretty sure GT6 also planned to have all it's features at the release of the game. Every developer likely plans that.

I don't think he's stating it as a fact, he's saying that that is what Kaz said in the interview, that GTS won't be like GT5/6 and will be "a complete title" when it releases.

I'm pretty sure GT6 also planned to have all it's features at the release of the game. Every developer likely plans that.
No cause it said before launch, that some features will be added later
About GTS, the thing who is strange is the Senna content who will be back, is it there as an event campaign or brand central only if it s at day one ? Or later then it s not all featured at launch

No cause it said before launch, that some features will be added later
About GTS, the thing who is strange is the Senna content who will be back, is it there as an event campaign or brand central only if it s at day one ? Or later then it s not all featured at launch
They did? Where can I read up on that.

Are there any tips for getting a beta code?

I´ve read a bunch of stuff tried different things and nothing. I really wanted to try, but no luck so far.

Why would I know about how car buying works? I've never mentioned anything about it once. However we have seen a big chunk of the "campaign mode" and it really looks less like actual race and more of driver training. Ignore the actual information we have if you want, no skin off my back
I was referring to the rest of the question that you seem to have missed ''So, how are we getting them. Is it all going to be from the online modes or will the compaign mode have it too?'' (referring to credits) and from your previous statement about Campaign Mode I thought you would know.

Do we know some of what's in, yes, but the fact is until we get the game or PD releases more facts, none of us no exactly what's in either Campaign or Arcade Mode. We can surmise to our hearts content but that's a far cry from this...
We know what the offline campaign is and we know what is in arcade mode.
Crystal ball maybe???

I was referring to the rest of the question that you seem to have missed ''So, how are we getting them. Is it all going to be from the online modes or will the compaign mode have it too?'' (referring to credits) and from your previous statement about Campaign Mode I thought you would know.
Still doesn't make sense as he's still talking about how to acquire cars. Nothing has been said or mentioned of the sort, by me, as well as the fact that nothing has been said by the Devs.

Do we know some of what's in, yes, but the fact is until we get the game or PD releases more facts, none of us no exactly what's in either Campaign or Arcade Mode. We can surmise to our hearts content but that's a far cry from this...
And whats the problem with me going off the information we have available, and not liking the direction its heading and calling it what it is? I have acknowledged the fact that there possibly might be something in the Challanges, as there was one picture of a one lap stint in the first 19 slides of the 62 available. Still, however, that is no race. I'm not surmising anything, as I'm using the information and being weary of the direction its going. Everything they've shown about it has been extremely lacking, and we've seen more than just a little, as we've got a full outline of what each section within the mode is cover, as well as a glimpse of them.

If things change, so will my opinion. As it is that is no career mode, even if that's what they're calling it. Hopefully they do make a change, but until than, there is absolutely no reason why I should change my opinion of how its turning out to be so far.

Crystal ball maybe???
No, just using eyes to look at things that have been said by PD themselves and not liking the direction of it.

I'm guessing you're talking about this part?
With GT6 we will make it even more flexible and expandable by continuing to develop and add new content throughout its life."
That is not even remotely close to what you have claimed. GTS is approaching it in the exact same manner as they're also going to continue developing and adding content throughout its life. They've already confirmed it with the expansion of many of the cars, and I'm willing to be we'd get more too.

Last edited:
Back