Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Don't even start about Interlagos, everyone except you think that this screenshot is good enough to confirm it :lol:
Of course, we are talking about PD and finished track can easily be thrown away, but this can relate to any confirmed track.

That's exactly why I said "no official confirmation yet" and "would like to be wrong when we will see an official track list". This is just my thoughts for now, but I'm sure things won't change later.
I know. :lol:
But that's cool.
I'm happy to sit on my hands a little longer until we see a bit more evidence. 👍

Sorry, but I don't follow.
Fisherman's Ranch is a "Dirt/Snow" track.
Every chance Sardegna will be to.
Why the insistence of a dedicated "Snow"track?

Rally (2)
Fisherman's Ranch
Sardegna

Edit.
I see now what you and @Firehuntah are saying.
It could be dirt, or it could be snow, or it could be both.
Fair point. 👍

But suffice to say I won't be including a hunch on my track list. ;)

Your edit is right, though I don't think it can be both. Why would they have the exact same track in snow and dirt, doesn't make much sense and they've never done that before. Snow tracks were always a seperate location were they not? Ofcourse if they do for example a snow version of the Nurburgring Nordschleife (do want! :D) then there might not be a new location and it's just a layout afterall. But I don't see that happening really.

As for the category Rally that you're using, that's exactly the category that PD/Sony is naming Dirt / Snow. ;) So it doesn't say that a certain track will also have a snow version, it's just in that category.

Your edit is right, though I don't think it can be both. Why would they have the exact same track in snow and dirt, doesn't make much sense and they've never done that before. Snow tracks were always a seperate location were they not? Ofcourse if they do for example a snow version of the Nurburgring Nordschleife (do want! :D) then there might not be a new location and it's just a layout afterall. But I don't see that happening really.

As for the category Rally that you're using, that's exactly the category that PD/Sony is naming Dirt / Snow. ;) So it doesn't say that a certain track will also have a snow version, it's just in that category.
Yes, you are right.
I casually thought of a track being either dirt or snow, depending on your selection.
But I don't think this has ever been the case in earlier games.

Your argument is sound. 👍
The "fair point" you and @RaY29rus made has just been promoted to a "excellent point". :sly:

It will not bother me if there is another rally track on snow. But we need confirmation like Le Mans ....

Yeah we definately do, I can't wait to see what Le Mans looks like in GT Sport. While it's not my favorite track I really did enjoy driving LMP's around it in GT5 and GT6. It would be a shame if it isn't in GT Sport on release. Having LMP's in a game but not Le Mans would just be unacceptable for me. :P

Pikes Peak is not going to be in the game.
Race week and Fan Fest, here at Pikes Peak, have now come and gone without so much as a peep about Gran Turismo or GT Sport.
They have virtually zero presence on the PPIHC website, and have reduced their race sponsorship level rather than consolidated it.
There is no way they would pass up this opportunity to showcase it, if they had anything, ... even something in the works.
Not one mention or image here at the race, or in any promotional material they've released elsewhere.
They're not doing Pikes Peak, my educated opinion.
Then what at weird sponsorship! GT is a platinum sponsor, you can see Gran Turismo on every windshield, helmet... even on the official logo : http://www.ppihc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017-PPIHC-Run-Order.pdf
We're talking about Polyphony Digital, one of the least predictable and rational dev in the industry. Though, that's a pretty big sponsorship here, not a random sticker on a single car.

Guys what you think about GT Sport not having any classic cars in roster? I was hoping to see some at E3 but it feels like we not getting them, as they may not fit in game concept. I still remember how insanely detailed was Lamborghini Countach, to the point when ps3 was lagging when you playing with this car in photomode:lol:. I refuse to believe that they just dump this insanely detail car:grumpy:. I really hope we will see this and other classic cars in GTS)))

Guys what you think about GT Sport nothaving any classic cars in roster? I was hoping to see some at E3 but it feels like we not getting them, as they may not fit in game concept. I still remember how insanely detailed was Lamborghini Countach, to the point when ps3 was lagging when you playing with this car in photomode:lol:. I refuse to believe that they just dump this insanely detail car:grumpy:. I really hope we will see this and other classic cars in GTS)))

The Audi Quattro Pikes Peak car was shown off at E3, so we are seeing classic cars in the game.

Do not take it too seriously. I like to see coincidences :P
Pikes Peak confirmed!?
Sans titre1.jpg

Later, same area.
Sans titre2.jpg

@Heavyduke There is a Pikes Peak board in the landscape design area. I know this board is probably just a souvenir and means nothing like all the others on desks.

Ah, I see it. Yeah most likely a souvenir as there has been no signs of Pikes Peak anywhere else. (I'll go make an edit.)

I saw in the "Car and Track" list thread people discussing what this car is. So, I thought I could bring this screenshot here for that discussion.

Personally, I think the car on the right is just the Subaru Impreza GR.4 that we've seen plenty of times already.
upload_2017-6-17_17-32-29-png.656309

I mean, the livery matches the WRX STI Gr.4 Race car very well. Yes, I'm aware that there's a new livery for the Gr.4, but I doubt the old livery is gone. You guys have to remember that THIS is Polyphony Digital, the company that has added cars to games with multiple liveries before. I wouldn't put it past them to do it again.
GT-Sport-WRX-STI-Gr4-Taipei.png

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_12-03-16_115.jpg

So I was talking to a friend over the weekend who is in the industry and he made an interesting comment to me about GT..

He said "When you use a wheel with Gran Turismo, you use two pedals, that is just what everyone does".. he was responding to my comment that the clutch and h-pattern shifting in GTS beta doesn't feel natural like it does in Assetto Corsa.

Has it improved in the last two updates? I disliked the way it felt so much I never really tried again and only played a little after each patch to see what they added.

I just had a thought about the Veyron Gr.4, could it be that the engine's been swapped with a lighter V8 or even a V6? A lot of weight from the Veyron comes from the W16, so a swap could also fix the weight problem.

Also, maybe there are sort of sub-classes within Gr.4, as in Gr.N.

Back