Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I just had a thought about the Veyron Gr.4, could it be that the engine's been swapped with a lighter V8 or even a V6? A lot of weight from the Veyron comes from the W16, so a swap could also fix the weight problem.

Also, maybe there are sort of sub-classes within Gr.4, as in Gr.N.

You are aware that this is still a video game and they don't actually need to swap anything, but just write a different figure into the configuration for this car?

Why would there be sub classes in Gr.4, when they want to put together a Manufacturer's Cup where as many manufacturers as possible should be able to take part?

You are aware that this is still a video game and they don't actually need to swap anything, but just write a different figure into the configuration for this car?

Why would there be sub classes in Gr.4, when they want to put together a Manufacturer's Cup where as many manufacturers as possible should be able to take part?
I know this is a game. But then again we talk about placing different turbos, different exhausts, etc. instead of saying we're just using a different code.
And the different sub-groups in Gr.4 could explain why there's a Veyron and an MX-5 within a single, apparently BOPd group.

Not exactly GT related but this is the first drift event sanctionned by the FIA.
"Tokyo to host FIA Intercontinental Drifting Cup 2017 with SUNPROS confirmed as promoter". (Promoter of D1GP in Japan)
What a great opportunity if Poly does the right thing.

You learn to drift in GT Sport so maybe there will be some Drift events
Would be nice

Not exactly GT related but this is the first drift event sanctionned by the FIA.
"Tokyo to host FIA Intercontinental Drifting Cup 2017 with SUNPROS confirmed as promoter". (Promoter of D1GP in Japan)
What a great opportunity if Poly does the right thing.

At 2:23 "Drifting is the becoming the chosen motorsport for the playstation generation, because it is perhaps the most exciting way the express yourself behind the wheel" Is there really any game that has drifting events or is all about drifting in the playstation generation or are they secretly hinting at that there will be drifting events in GT Sport?

Or nothing to be surprised at all

Is there really any game that has drifting events or is all about drifting in the playstation generation or are they secretly hinting at that there will be drifting events in GT Sport?

Depends which generation they're talking about:

D1ProGrandPrix_PS2Box_US.jpg

83537_front.jpg

51BEDGkNN7L._AC_UL320_SR226,320_.jpg

I know this is a game. But then again we talk about placing different turbos, different exhausts, etc. instead of saying we're just using a different code.
And the different sub-groups in Gr.4 could explain why there's a Veyron and an MX-5 within a single, apparently BOPd group.
They've never made much effort to justify why they fake-balanced cars or got specs blatantly off in the past, and the times where they've tried (give the Shelby Series One car information page a read) have been pretty cringeworthy. The Veyron competes with the Miata because they said so would be more realistic than anything they attempted to tell the player in game.

I don't think they meant any specific playstation generation (PS2, PS3, etc.). They were referring to the youth.
The youth back in 2000's :P The Playstation generation is now a thing of the past, I'd say it's about Forza generation today and GT relies a lot on its legacy.

Ok, I've just finished testing all of the N300 cars. I just want to let you all know that I'm terrible at driving around Brands Hatch, and I'm also not the best driver in the world by any means. Each car was given 5 laps, and I took the fastest lap from them.

Anyway...

Audi TTS - 1:49.398 - Great to drive, above average acceleration.

Mitsubishi Evo X Final Edition - 1:49.493 - Only car with 5 gears out of all the N300 cars. Somewhat fast.

Subaru WRX STI - 1:49.635 - Where is the torque??? Feels slow. Can get on the power very quickly due to it being AWD.

Hyundai Genesis - 1:50.142 - Pretty nice to drive, feels pretty neutral around the corners. Pretty quick. Apprehensive to slide out of corners.

Lotus Evora - 1:50.218 - I hated driving it. Slides around way too much; not very indicative of an MR cars actual driving characteristics. Somewhat fast. Gears take an age to shift.

Renault Megane RS - 1:50.279 - For an FF, it's pretty quick. Can't corner with as much speed as most, but can definitely hold its own. Needs more testing; the car is capable of a lot more, and I know I can go faster.

Ford Focus ST - 1:50.677 - Definitely the black sheep of the N300 group. Not too fast on the straights, you need to brake earlier than in other cars, etc.

--

There's a pretty big performance gulf between the FF/FR/MR cars and the AWD cars. PD should really work on the BoP so that every single car is competitive in the class; it's pretty boring to see TTS' and Evo's always in the Top 10 lap times, and taking up the majority of the places in N300 races.

Ok, I've just finished testing all of the N300 cars. I just want to let you all know that I'm terrible at driving around Brands Hatch, and I'm also not the best driver in the world by any means. Each car was given 5 laps, and I took the fastest lap from them.

Anyway...

Audi TTS - 1:49.398 - Great to drive, above average acceleration.

Mitsubishi Evo X Final Edition - 1:49.493 - Only car with 5 gears out of all the N300 cars. Somewhat fast.

Subaru WRX STI - 1:49.635 - Where is the torque??? Feels slow. Can get on the power very quickly due to it being AWD.

Hyundai Genesis - 1:50.142 - Pretty nice to drive, feels pretty neutral around the corners. Pretty quick. Apprehensive to slide out of corners.

Lotus Evora - 1:50.218 - I hated driving it. Slides around way too much; not very indicative of an MR cars actual driving characteristics. Somewhat fast. Gears take an age to shift.

Renault Megane RS - 1:50.279 - For an FF, it's pretty quick. Can't corner with as much speed as most, but can definitely hold its own. Needs more testing; the car is capable of a lot more, and I know I can go faster.

Ford Focus ST - 1:50.677 - Definitely the black sheep of the N300 group. Not too fast on the straights, you need to brake earlier than in other cars, etc.

--

There's a pretty big performance gulf between the FF/FR/MR cars and the AWD cars. PD should really work on the BoP so that every single car is competitive in the class; it's pretty boring to see TTS' and Evo's always in the Top 10 lap times, and taking up the majority of the places in N300 races.
A couple of weeks ago I did the same test. :cheers: My results of the N class:
1. Mitsubishi 1:47.703
2. Focus 1:47.971 (the car is not bad at all, in my opinion)
3. Subaru 1:48.128
4. Audi 1:48.727
5. Renault 1:48.736
6. Lotus 1:48.866
7. Hyundai 1:49.215

In the end of the video duel of the fastest can be seen.

@TS050 Are you a wheel or a pad driver?

They've never made much effort to justify why they fake-balanced cars or got specs blatantly off in the past, and the times where they've tried (give the Shelby Series One car information page a read) have been pretty cringeworthy. The Veyron competes with the Miata because they said so would be more realistic than anything they attempted to tell the player in game.
What information page are you referring to?

At 2:23 "Drifting is the becoming the chosen motorsport for the playstation generation, because it is perhaps the most exciting way the express yourself behind the wheel" Is there really any game that has drifting events or is all about drifting in the playstation generation or are they secretly hinting at that there will be drifting events in GT Sport?

Who the hell said that? I like drifting but this is an outrageous claim... It's not the chosen motorsport for the PlayStation generation because, quite frankly, not many dedicated drifting games have been made!

There was never SRF in GTSb. Some kind of hidden assist was there apparently but not anymore. In version 1.07 options you can choose "Countersteer Assist: Strong/Mild/Off".
Has anyone tested whether or not this aid allows you to lap faster or not?

There was never SRF in GTSb. Some kind of hidden assist was there apparently but not anymore. In version 1.07 options you can choose "Countersteer Assist: Strong/Mild/Off".
Hand of God is still there in GTS, a bit less than in the 1.06 but still there.

Countersteer assist is in driving options when you pause the game right?
I've got this always in "off"

Well, compared to Assetto C. GTSb is more forgiving, so maybe there is something left of the HoG.
I also have the aid always off. Maybe it's time to test the counter steer assist to see how much it helps as @Johnnypenso asked.

Didn't notice this. I remember using it some in Assetto but wasn't sure I liked it.

Wait, where is that option?

It is called "active steering" (in the US) and is under the driving options before you drive on the track. It is the same thing that GT6 has.

What is the "hand of God"???
It's a hidden version of SRF. Gives you a gentle assist that sort of gives you a bit of added grip at the limit that goes beyond what should be possible in real life. @Scaff has talked about it at length and might be better able to describe if from a hands on perspective.

What information page are you referring to?
The description of the car in GT5 and GT6. It says that there are two versions of the Series One, the first had 320 HP while the second had 440 HP (not sure about the exact numbers), which is the one in these two games, GT4 and GTPSP, and that the reason behind the power increase is a mystery. I have no knowledge of that car, but a quick Google search brings up only the 320 HP variant, which us the one on GT2 by the way.

There was no mention of what engine the Veyron had when I used it. That said, it sounded like the W16: my guess is PD would have it running with a restrictor the size of a pinhole...
Was it playable? Did it show any specs? Seeing your post I assume that it has less power, but what about the weight?

It is called "active steering" (in the US) and is under the driving options before you drive on the track. It is the same thing that GT6 has.
Are you sure? Because there is no active steering option in GTS beta, at least in th EU version.

Latest Posts

Back