Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
They could also be located in any of the regional SCE locations and communicate via the internet with PD.
Surely could they, if everything is seen in an disbelieving negative way (as all their answers are always PR non-answers...) it would be the most logical explanation.

Surely could they, if everything is seen in an disbelieving negative way (as all their answers are always PR non-answers...) it would be the most logical explanation.
They are limited to what they can say due to NDA, so most of the answers that they are allowed to give are not really answers to anything.

@RACECAR Funny considering The Lady is on the right.;)

Oh great, Sleep depravation has struck again.

Video of the car is out.

Looks neat at the front but too busy at the back.

@Samus While I understand they don't have any sort of motorsport history, I don't think that should automatically disallow them from designing a fictional car for GT (assuming it even is coming to GT).

Oh, come on, it's common graphics. I'm 100% sure now it's not GT related.
myth-busted.jpg

You gotta remember though: Failure is always an option ;)

Hype (Justified or delusional), that's how.

I'd say the watchmaker designed a better looking car than most, if not all the auto manufacturers.

It looks a million times better than the really quite unpleasant Ford GT, the slightly disappointing 488 GTB, the weird McLaren P1, the somewhat dull Porsche 918...

It's one of the best looking supercars I've seen in recent years.

I'm Just going to be honest. I'd rather have the worst cars, from the GT Suggestions board, than another VGT. Fantasy cars are cool, but they're not what most race and sim race enthusiasts want. Personally, I want the real deal: Cars that I've seen and heard on television and the internet. I want to experience those, for myself, not something some watch company (that I've never heard of) came up with.

Sorry, that's just me.

I'm Just going to be honest. I'd rather have the worst cars, from the GT Suggestions board, than another VGT. Fantasy cars are cool, but they're not what most race and sim race enthusiasts want. Personally, I want the real deal: Cars that I've seen and heard on television and the internet. I want to experience those, for myself, not something some watch company (that I've never heard of) came up with.

Sorry, that's just me.

I agree 100%. It's nice to have a few concept cars included, but it's getting ridiculous. I would far rather see some classic cars get attention that should be a part of Gran Turismo anyways than see all these fantasy and futuristic cars that pretty well all perform the same, just with a little different look.

It looks a million times better than the really quite unpleasant Ford GT, the slightly disappointing 488 GTB, the weird McLaren P1, the somewhat dull Porsche 918...

It's one of the best looking supercars I've seen in recent years.
I love all of those, I was referring to the god awful VGT cars that have come out so far. Almost all of them are hideous.
If they're going to give fake cars out, they could at least look good like this watchmakers car.

A little different perspective as to how far GT has to come to keep up with what is happening with other sims if they intend to fulfill their promise of greatest sim ever. There's a new game coming out called StreetKart and it features volumetric throttle simulation, grip levels affected by humidity, tire pressures, seat position and camber. All events are run with real time weather at all times.

The kicker? It's a iOS mobile game!

A little different perspective as to how far GT has to come to keep up with what is happening with other sims if they intend to fulfill their promise of greatest sim ever. There's a new game coming out called StreetKart and it features volumetric throttle simulation, grip levels affected by humidity, tire pressures, seat position and camber. All events are run with real time weather at all times.

Wow, and it looks really great :D

not

:odd: When was this said?

Wow, and it looks really great :D

not
I mentioned elements of physics, not graphics. PD has promised the greatest sim physics ever so the comparison is relevant.

Last edited:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gtsport/

It's a frankly ridiculous claim considering the pro sims that we know racing teams use. I assume they mean on console.

The fact I forgot about that even though it came with the announcement doesn't serve my enthusiasm all that well. Also, I too am thinking its reffering to consoles.

You didn't think I'd post that if it wasn't legit did you?:lol:

Well this thread was all over the place so I wasn't sure what to believe

The fact I forgot about that even though it came with the announcement doesn't serve my enthusiasm all that well. Also, I too am thinking its reffering to consoles.

Even if it's only console, there's a lot of games out there now with good sound, graphics or physics (not necessarily all three at the same time).

For GTS to be the best in all those areas is going to require a fairly massive leap. A quantum leap, some might say. ;)

GTS - Quantum physics confirmed.

It's true.

GTS will feature revolutionary new technology in which each measurement and physical variable will be monitored and altered in discrete units. Each physical system will be broken down into atomic units which are independently simulated using advanced algorithms, to give the most realistic driving experience to the player.

:P

Is this Amazon placeholder a legitimate place to pre-order?

Shops will take your money in pre-order for whatever you like. There's no solid release date or anything, so they're simply holding onto your money until either the game comes out or you ask for your money back.

It seems odd to me for people to want Amazon to hold their money instead of keeping it in their own wallets, especially given that there's not even any incentives for pre-ordering at this point. But nobody said that consumers were rational.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turis...-pre-order-boost-after-playstation-vr-reveal/

I have so many questions about this article @Brend

Is this Amazon placeholder a legitimate place to pre-order?
If this game was available for pre-order, wouldn't PD, Playstation, or Sony have let us know about it?
How did others suddenly know about this pre-order with the reveal of the VR?

I don't know, it just kind of seems a bit weird to me.
Amazon has had GTS available for pre-order since 2015...I found it holiday shopping.
Shops will take your money in pre-order for whatever you like. There's no solid release date or anything, so they're simply holding onto your money until either the game comes out or you ask for your money back.

It seems odd to me for people to want Amazon to hold their money instead of keeping it in their own wallets, especially given that there's not even any incentives for pre-ordering at this point. But nobody said that consumers were rational.
Amazon doesn't take your money until it ships. :)

Back