Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
There was a one make race online championship in one of the videos. If they have daily stuff like that (Driveclub esque) than this is much appreciated.

Citation required, as it repeatedly says mileage and the symbol looks a lot like a stylized M.

Not that it makes a bit of difference either way, to me its a bloody stupid idea.

"as it repeatedly says mileage"

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/awards/default.aspx

Yes it says Mileage because that's the parallel.

As for the evidence, since GTP is growingly dim-witted.

1) It's not attached to a specific car.
2) There's no measure unit.

PFXLbOJ.png

Porsche equipped. M: 258

xEMHO7h.jpg

Changes to Mazda. M: 258 remains.

3) Mileage EARNED

DFjZRTtUAAAfmZD

You have a reward waiting to be claimed : Mileage icon.

3) It's a currency.

gran_turismosport_20170725114244_jpeg_1400x0_q85-jpg.663687

USE Mileage (notice the capital M), lack of unit, and symbol.

4) It's tracked separately from Distance Driven and Daily Distance Driven

GT-Sport-social_function_01.jpg

And of course, it's placed next to Credits.
There doesn't appear to exist a 1:1 correlation between Distance Driven and Mileage either (spent Mileage not known).
And t's bounding box on the main screen tells us it shouldn't surpass 9999 total.

How do you know this ? Where did you saw it will work like a mileage air trip and what would be the way to earn this mileage ?

Explained above and how do you earn it other than a reward of some sort as indicated, and if their uses only entail car "upgrades" I do not know.

Since there are other types of in-game achievements (saw a pump station one, will try to find it), it just may be that there are other mechanisms other than direct race prizes that may reward you with them.

Before this "upgrade/tuning" system using them, I thought they could be a specific currency for an users' maketplace.

Last edited:
@cutmeamango in that screenshot we see over 23000 miles driven and ~3600 milage. If it's something you have to use, I imagine you have to drive those miles first. Maybe the account in the screenshot already spent most of the milage points unlocking tunning upgrades (or other stuff we don't know about yet). Which leads to the same point: you need to drive 380miles (or more if it's not a 1 to 1 ratio) before being able to max out a GTR. I guess this is the same for any car, which means you'll have thresholds of time/miles before being able to do whatever you want to a car, even if you have millions of credits.

When we only needed credits, I never had to spend hours doing miles before getting the amount I needed to max out a car.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this milage thing but imo it doesn't look like something that adds any relevance to the gameplay.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who can't wait to play this game? All this new information is only adding to the excitement for me... I'm keen to try out this campaign mode, looks interesting enough - for a little bit. The approach may be completely different from GT's of the past, but I'm not looking at this information in a negative way - I haven't seen a single car which doesn't warrant it's place. The new fantasy tracks are controversial yes, but you gotta understand that these will provide a unique experience, which is something I want from this game. Real world tracks can only be so amusing after appearing in previous iterations. I love the fact that GT is trying something new and different. Yes I know that the traditional GT formula was very solid and made for some memorable moments, but things have changed. For the worse or for the better, it's your choice but I stand firm in saying that this is a welcome change for the series. The experience is everything for me.
I'm super excited as well. As much as I liked the old formula, ultimatly the driving feels soooo good in GT Sport that I don't really mind which way PD take it. I do like this new idea though! Scapes especially, love to take photos so this is huge for me. Plus the FIA thing is really cool. Driving School should take me back to license test type deals again haha, been a long time since I've done one.

This feels like a fresh start for GT, and a good one at that. Loved everything I've seen so far of the game.

So. Damn. Excited!

From the AUP, as you seem to have forgotten about agreeing to it.

You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.

Formal version is in your in-box, don't do it again.

PFXLbOJ.png

xEMHO7h.jpg

3) Mileage EARNED

DFjZRTtUAAAfmZD

3) It's a currency.

There doesn't appear to exist a 1:1 correlation between Distance Driven and Mileage either (spent Mileage not known).
And t's bounding box on the main screen tells us it shouldn't surpass 9999 total.

Explained above and how do you earn it other than a reward of some sort as indicated, and if their uses only entail car "upgrades" I do not know.

Since there are other types of in-game achievements (saw a pump station one, will try to find it), it just may be that there are other mechanisms other than direct race prizes that may reward you with them.

Before this "upgrade/tuning" system using them, I thought they could be a specific currency for an users' maketplace.

It may well be a form of aggregated mileage, we don't know yet, and all you had to do to expand on it was supply the information, the attitude and dig at members was neither needed nor will be tolerated.

Don't do this to me.
Ok... Not sure what that has to do with the question about them not delivering on what they said. I asked, because I can't recall, if they actually missed that monthly dlc they stated.

If they missed it, then yeah, bad track record.

"as it repeatedly says mileage"
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/awards/default.aspx
Yes it says Mileage because that's the parallel.

PFXLbOJ.png

xEMHO7h.jpg

3) Mileage EARNED

DFjZRTtUAAAfmZD

3) It's a currency.

I'm probably too dim-witted like the rest of GTP to figure this out, but how do you know "Distance Driven" doesn't represent all of your miles including license tests and arcade mode with rental cars whereas "Mileage" on the right side isn't referring to mileage in cars you own personally? The campaign, your driver rating and sportsmanship rating are on the left while your purchased cars are on the right.

I had to google "dim-witted" so hopefully GT Sport comes with a very good manual to explain e.g this 'mileage feature' becuase this sounds like higher math to me.

Much like credits, it's most probable, supported by the "earned" picture, that you'll earn them. So it shouldn't be higher math.

@cutmeamango in that screenshot we see over 23000 miles driven and ~3600 milage. If it's something you have to use, I imagine you have to drive those miles first. Maybe the account in the screenshot already spent most of the milage points unlocking tunning upgrades (or other stuff we don't know about yet). Which leads to the same point: you need to drive 380miles (or more if it's not a 1 to 1 ratio) before being able to max out a GTR. I guess this is the same for any car, which means you'll have thresholds of time/miles before being able to do whatever you want to a car, even if you have millions of credits.

When we only needed credits, I never had to spend hours doing miles before getting the amount I needed to max out a car.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this milage thing but imo it doesn't look like something that adds any relevance to the gameplay.

You had to spend time getting credits to tune a car to its max.
How much time you'll have to spend now, and if it's either more or less than before is unknown.

Why have they moved to a different "level up" system for basic "tuning" I do not know. Perhaps since a good amount of possibilities in tuning are already given/unlocked/fixed, they chose not to have credits involved but decided on a simple "power-up"/leveling to "make this car go faster!", not unlike people did buying engine stages, mufflers, weight reductions.

What is the relevancy of such upgrades?
I do not know.

My guess is they've locked cars' min-max HP/Weight ranges (from their own BoP possibilities) into "stages" just to have some sort of individual progression for owned cars.
As their calendar pic and Sport menu shows, it seems there'll be numerous on-going championships and events, along with daily races.

It could be that say, Race X will use a 540hp GT-R at Willow.
So for you to practice with such specifications at your own leisure, you'd need to have a 540hp GT-R.
That is, you'd "need" to level it up.

But again, that's just my guess from what is presented.

From the AUP, as you seem to have forgotten about agreeing to it.

You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.

Formal version is in your in-box, don't do it again.

It may well be a form of aggregated mileage, we don't know yet, and all you had to do to expand on it was supply the information, the attitude and dig at members was neither needed nor will be tolerated.

Sure.

Ok... Not sure what that has to do with the question about them not delivering on what they said. I asked, because I can't recall, if they actually missed that monthly dlc they stated.

If they missed it, then yeah, bad track record.

I know.

I'm probably too dim-witted like the rest of GTP to figure this out, but how do you know "Distance Driven" doesn't represent all of your miles including license tests and arcade mode with rental cars whereas "Mileage" on the right side isn't referring to mileage in cars you own personally? The campaign, your driver rating and sportsmanship rating are on the left while your purchased cars are on the right.

I'd suggest you to go through my post once again. Points number 1, 2, 3, 4.
That tells you what I know, what I don't know, and what's impossible to infer by cross examination and elimination.

can you please post link of this video ??

Here:

Don't do this to me. :(:(:(
You're being really passive aggressive for a reason I'm not sure of. I asked you a simple question in the beginning to continue a discussion. If you did not want to participate in what I was asking, than I'm unsure why you'd continue down this path. If your retort is just to latch onto one word of a whole question, rather than answer it, than I'm not sure what you're trying to contribute.

I'd suggest you to go through my post once again. Points number 1, 2, 3, 4.
That tells you what I know, what I don't know, and what's impossible to infer by cross examination and elimination.
I did but that doesn't answer my question does it?

Ok , it seems to match, just not sure about the 9999 max value. The same box beside show xxx.xxx number , or i did not understand what you have writen...
Also on the Double H picture , we can see what could be (writen in japanese) mileage ( that can be named mileage points) earned and another mileage used. Like an in and out signal.
Anyway, i hope future informations will explain all this thing clearly.

You had to spend time getting credits to tune a car to its max.
How much time you'll have to spend now, and if it's either more or less than before is unknown.

Why have they moved to a different "level up" system for basic "tuning" I do not know. Perhaps since a good amount of possibilities in tuning are already given/unlocked/fixed, they chose not to have credits involved but decided on a simple "power-up"/leveling to "make this car go faster!", not unlike people did buying engine stages, mufflers, weight reductions.

What is the relevancy of such upgrades?
I do not know.

My guess is they've locked cars' min-max HP/Weight ranges (from their own BoP possibilities) into "stages" just to have some sort of individual progression for owned cars.
As their calendar pic and Sport menu shows, it seems there'll be numerous on-going championships and events, along with daily races.

It could be that say, Race X will use a 540hp GT-R at Willow.
So for you to practice with such specifications at your own leisure, you'd need to have a 540hp GT-R.
That is, you'd "need" to level it up.

But again, that's just my guess from what is presented.

I had to spend time getting around 200k Cr. To buy every possible upgrade for a new car. That was fast, especially with seasonal events. The time needed for 380 miles is way more than that (at an average of 120mph around a track, you'd need 3h), if we really have to earn them and use them to unlock upgrades in GTS.

From the screenshots, it looks like we have to spend/use the milage unit. And I don't see how it would make sense for PD to make a system that gives out Milage units on a ratio that is not 1-1 or higher (X miles driven to X milage earned or X miles driven to X+y miles earned). It doesn't make sense, IMO, to give out 300 Milage points for a license test or a 3 lap race event around a track. Otherwise why call it milage, if it doesn't have any relation to the miles you drive ingame but it's just a random number, like credits? Seems redundant.

Also, in previous GTs we didn't need PS+ for online races and seasonal events where most people got their Cr. Grinding Cr. offline was pretty bad in GT6 but we didn't have to pay for online.

I'll wait and see how this milage thing works.

There are 2 difrerent icons related to Milage here. Does anyone understand Japanese to tell us what it says under each of them?

@lancia delta hf I think @ImaRobot was saying it was a bad record because PD said they would be releasing monthly DLCs. We never got those. Plus, the Vision GT cars, even if hated by some, were not delivered as promised (1 per month during 20 months whatever).

The DLC we got was not bad. No one said it was. But it didn't meet the target PD set to themselves. We didn't set that target. :)

Last edited:
You're being really passive aggressive for a reason I'm not sure of. I asked you a simple question in the beginning to continue a discussion. If you did not want to participate in what I was asking, than I'm unsure why you'd continue down this path. If your retort is just to latch onto one word of a whole question, rather than answer it, than I'm not sure what you're trying to contribute.

I can't help you with everything in this world.

I'm not latching on anything other than the premise.

Track record is nothing but probability distribution.

The ""Track record" of "DLCs" in Gran Turismo" set is comprised by two elements. GT5 and GT6.

There's no "track record" for reasonable assumptions.

That's why it's a "good track record".

But I'll entertain you:
If the "TRACK RECORD" is "once they said there would be tracks every month and there wasn't", that means nothing to "there will be DLC cars".

I did but that doesn't answer my question does it?

It does. :(:(:(

Ok , it seems to match, just not sure about the 9999 max value. The same box beside show xxx.xxx number , or i did not understand what you have writen...
Also on the Double H picture , we can see what could be (writen in japanese) mileage ( that can be named mileage points) earned and another mileage used. Like an in and out signal.
Anyway, i hope future informations will explain all this thing clearly.

The box is on the main screen, right corner. Look at Credits spacing for 99.999.999 and M bounding box being much shorter, with spacing probably fitting four numbers, maybe five if a bit squeezed.

The "In" symbol looks very much like a "download" (arrow pointing to a flat space) and the "Out" looks like a "Sent" arrow.

I had to spend time getting around 200k Cr. To buy every possible upgrade for a new car. That was fast, especially with seasonal events. The time needed for 380 miles is way more than that (at an average of 120mph around a track, you'd need 3h), if we really have to earn them and use them to unlock upgrades in GTS.

From the screenshots, it looks like we have to spend/use the milage unit. And I don't see how it would make sense for PD to make a system that gives out Milage units on a ratio that is not 1-1 or higher (X miles driven to X milage earned or X miles driven to X+y miles earned). It doesn't make sense, IMO, to give out 300 Milage points for a license test or a 3 lap race event around a track. Otherwise why call it milage, if it doesn't have any relation to the miles you drive ingame but it's just a random number, like credits? Seems redundant.

Also, in previous GTs we didn't need PS+ for online races and seasonal events where most people got their Cr. Grinding Cr. offline was pretty bad in GT6 but we didn't have to pay for online.

I'll wait and see how this milage thing works.

There are 2 different icons related to Milage here. Does anyone understand Japanese to tell us what it says under each of them?

Yes, the problem is that we don't know how they are earned or even if they are earned by merely driving around at some given ratio.
So how much time would it take and if it's more or less than before, is currently unknown.

We don't know if there are seasonals or equivalent.
As a hard rule, PS+ is not required for online content as much as it is for online multiplayer interaction.

So perhaps, in the event that Seasonals or something equivalent exists, they may be available to everyone.

Last edited:
I can't help you with everything in this world.
Right. I wasn't asking you to. I asked you a question, and you gave me a non-answer.

I'm not latching on anything other than the premise.
Right. You only stuck to the one word that I posted, and went off on a tangent with it. It had no relevance to what my question was, and it was not an answer.

Track record is nothing but probability distribution.

The ""Track record" of "DLCs" in Gran Turismo" set is comprised by two elements. GT5 and GT6.
Yeah, and their track record was bad, wasn't it? What is your take on my question? Did they deliver what they said they where going to deliver?

That's why it's a "good track record".
Not delivering is never a "good track record."

But I'll entertain you:
If the "TRACK RECORD" is "once they said there would be tracks every month and there wasn't", that means nothing to "there will be DLC cars".
Holy Jesus how are you even dragging this far for something I asked, with an answer that has little relevance to the actual question? I asked you if they delivered on what they said they would. It's either Yes, or No. I don't understand how you can write so much but say so little to the actual question posed.

I don't remember them delivering, so that would make it a bad track record. I have no idea how you think that makes it a good track record.

Right. I wasn't asking you to. I asked you a question, and you gave me a non-answer.

Right. You only stuck to the one word that I posted, and went off on a tangent with it. It had no relevance to what my question was, and it was not an answer.

Yeah, and their track record was bad, wasn't it? What is your take on my question? Did they deliver what they said they where going to deliver?

Not delivering is never a "good track record."

Holy Jesus how are you even dragging this far for something I asked, with an answer that has little relevance to the actual question? I asked you if they delivered on what they said they would. It's either Yes, or No. I don't understand how you can write so much but say so little to the actual question posed.

I don't remember them delivering, so that would make it a bad track record. I have no idea how you think that makes it a good track record.

"Good track record". But in italics. Written intonation.

It can't be good before it is an employable one.
So no, I don't think it's good because that's impossible. Or bad, that's impossible too by the way.

"Monthly Tracks not released" is insufficient for a probability distribution, you know, a track record assumption. Because it is one element.
A set of two (GT5 and GT6) is insufficient as well.

And even being charitable about "Monthly tracks not released" it is not of consequence to "Cars received by DLC".
Which is the whole start of the ladder, right back to the top.

"Good track record". But in italics. Written intonation.

It can't be good before it is an employable one.
So no, I don't think it's good because that's impossible. Or bad, that's impossible too by the way.

"Monthly Tracks not released" is insufficient for a probability distribution, you know, a track record assumption. Because it is one element.
A set of two (GT5 and GT6) is insufficient as well.

And even being charitable about "Monthly tracks not released" it is not of consequence to "Cars received by DLC".
Which is the whole start of the ladder, right back to the top.
Your inability to answer very simple questions(hell, it looks like any questions, actually) is astonishing.

Possibly a look at some online menus/ other elements of UI in this pic.

View attachment 663605

Might just be me, but I'm seeing a lot of GT6 and GT3 in some of those (might just be the colors)

I'm definitely seeing a lot of GT6 in the online menus, I hope we can actually invite friends instead of sending lobby codes this time.
I see a lot more of Gran Turismo 5 Online lobby browsing and such especially with the blue background.

Where's the Ferrari 488, Ferrari Gr.1...etc?

I see a lot more of Gran Turismo 5 Online lobby browsing and such especially with the blue background.

Where's the Ferrari 488, Ferrari Gr.1...etc?
The car list in that build isn´t finish yet. Look here:
upload_2017-7-28_18-34-45.png

No Lotus.
But of course the car list is small so I think that these are all the Ferraris in GTS.

Yes, the problem is that we don't know how they are earned or even if they are earned by merely driving around at some given ratio.
So how much time would it take and if it's more or less than before, is currently unknown.

We don't know if there are seasonals or equivalent.
As a hard rule, PS+ is not required for online content as much as it is for online multiplayer interaction.

So perhaps, in the event that Seasonals or something equivalent exists, they may be available to everyone.

I agree that we don't know. But when some of us showed some reluctance regarding the Milage limitation in order to have access to a maxed out GTR and that it could be a bad thing if it ment we had to accumulate that milage by actually driving, you came with the "dim witted" comment.

I keep my reluctance regarding the Milage thing until I see exactly how it works and I'm not very optimistic it will be a good thing, given the fact that, according to the screenshot, a player can grind millions of Credits (the unit GT always used for unlock upgrade cars) and not be able to tune/test a car with its full BoP/HP.

Let's wait and see.

On the DLC track record, I remind you that PD themselves said they would release monthly DLC and a Vision GT car a month too. The DLC we got was not bad. The bad record impression some (maybe a lot of people) have, comes from the fact that PD failed their own promises / targets and, consequently, let down the players who had expectations based on those promises.

I know PD's word has little value and a lot of it is PR talk but you'd imagine that DLC is important enough for them to keep players engaged as it is for pretty much every other gaming company. I don't recall any other major gaming company failing so hard with their user base regarding DLC promises.

Last edited:
On the DLC track record, I remind you that PD themselves said they would release monthly DLC and a Vision GT car a month too. The DLC we got was not bad. The bad record impression some (maybe a lot of people) have, comes from the fact that PD failed their own promises / targets and, consequently, let down the players who had expectations based on those promises.
Thanks for answering my question. So they did not reach the target they set out? I did not have GT6 so I do not know.

That definitely sounds like a bad track record to me.

Thanks for answering my question. So they did not reach the target they set out? I did not have GT6 so I do not know.

That definitely sounds like a bad track record to me.

I never disagreed with you on this. I was replying to the people who think it wasn't a bad track record.

Edit: In the context of the promises PD made. Not in a vacuum. In a vacuum and without context, the DLC we got for GT6 was good (especially the Senna content and a few tracks).

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back