Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Patch will be cumulative, so 11 of that 12gb will be the 1.01 fixes.

Personally, if it doesn't come up to the standards of the rest of the game I think its better they put it in later, otherwise you end up with a buggy mess, like another game we could mention.

That was in 1.01 update change log

That's normal for pre-loads.

They will install as soon as you start GTS for the first time.

It doesn't really cause any issues in races as the driver still has the choice. You either slow down or you give the place back (depending on the penalty you get), you will only get a DT if you don't do so, or you blatantly ignore track limits repeatedly. And you're only going to get a DQ if you ignore that DT, as such even with short races its not an issue unless you (as a driver) make it one.

What it does do is strongly encourage clean racing in a much fairer way and with more realistic penalties, its easy enough to see the difference in PC2 when you compare the conduct in rooms that race with penalties off in comparison to those with them on.

Ah ok that sounds pretty good.
I've only read about it as I don't have PCars2 and what I read made it sound a lot more brutal.

I think both systems have their merits, I'm just glad Gran Turismo is finally getting properly involved. A lot of real motor racing has issues with track limits and penalties so it's never going to be perfect or right, but it's cool to have two pretty large titles approach it in two different ways.

YAAAAAAS here we go! Finally got confirmation emails and tracking numbers, and the codes for my preorder bonuses!

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 12.55.44 AM.png

Sadly my Tuesday is cram-packed, but I've only got an hours worth of classes Wednesday and then I'll get the rest of the day to play, this is gonna be rad.

It's been a long time since I've been so excited for a game to launch.

A question: if I buy the physical copy on Wednesday will I still have to download the 66gb file as well ? Cause that’s gonna take at least 2 days with my internet speed which kinda begs the question of why bother releasing the disc at all.

Are there any plans to add a separate sub-forum dedicated to our own online leagues by any chance? It'd be great for people to race online with other people in dedicated leagues around here.

A question: if I buy the physical copy on Wednesday will I still have to download the 66gb file as well ? Cause that’s gonna take at least 2 days with my internet speed which kinda begs the question of why bother releasing the disc at all.

Good news: you do not have to download 66GB.
Bad news: you must download a 13GB patch in order to access online features.

For those that struggled with the Northern Isle Festival event in the demo (I know I did): the gold time has been bumped back by about a second after the 1.02 patch. Shouldn't be much trouble at all now!

For gold or bronze? I struggled to get gold but that's supposed to happen right? ^^

Glad they did that because a lot of people were having trouble with it. It was pretty hard.

I thought all the big reviewers would just lavish praise because GT. So it's nice to see that they didn't just try and butter Kaz up.

But when the competition is striding forwards, it can feel a tad embarrassing, with the series steadfastly refusing to look over its shoulder at the competition, even when they’ve already gone by.

Something many have been saying for a while.

I don’t want to sound down on it because, in isolation, Gran Turismo Sport is a superb racing game. It’s everything it should be. Faithful to its heritage, with gorgeous cars, superb tracks, time-of-day variations, exquisite handling, an ultra-serious online mode and a challenging, genuinely educational single-player component. It’s the best serious racing game on PS4, no doubt. And with Forza 7 on Xbox One and Gran Turismo Sport on PS4, both camps have a truly great racing game to enjoy. But, having played both a very great deal (and Project Cars 2 as well), Forza 7 is demonstrably better than GT Sport in pretty much any area you could choose. It’s now down to the community to see which game provides the superior online experience. See you online.

Never thought I'd read that from a reviewer and I'm not sure FM7 is better in every area. They really need to add more content after release to ensure GTS is the game it deserves to be.

Latest Posts

Back