Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
The reward wheel really does like to piss people off, now does it?

I've been playing a lot on my alt account lately, almost completed all of the CE events and will soon be moving on the missions

I did get a couple of nice cars from the Circuit Experience, not gonna lie. I won a 25th Anniversary Countach, a Toyota TS030 and even got myself a purple Mercedes F1 car.

But the rest of it was BS: i've been teased a unicorn 8 times now, and every time i ended up with the car next to it. Only today i saw a 250 GTB, a Cobra and a 330 P4, and i got some cheap crap instead. I have 40 cars in my garage atm (all gifted cars) and i already have 4 dupes (2 Civic Type Rs, the first one being my starter car, and two Trans Ams)

I really hope we'll get to understand the wheel better at the end of April, but right now i think these unicorns are just for teases and are actually unobtainable.

I still have some unfinished CE events and i didn't even start the Missions yet, so we'll see if anything changes

Thanks but you misunderstood me.
I meant: Where can I see leaderboards for the best lap times on every track in time trial?
There are none for arcade time trial mode.

You can compare your full lap times in Circuit Experience with the top ten and your friendlist, and you can see your regional ranking in sport mode qualifying at gran-turismo.com and world/regional ranking at kudosprime and that is all that is available.

Check out https://www.jasonguernsey.net/gts/races and the subcategories in the Races menu.
What he is looking for is not on there. again only sport mode rankings are on there.

Was Fraga racing the 12 hour at Sebring the day before that? Saw his last name so that could explain the pit error.

On a DR reset due to SR do you get the DR points back after you get your SR back up or are you just out of luck.

If anything the upcoming 962 C might give some hint for next track inclusion...;) What sort of track besides La Sarthe that suits Group C performance other than...:D

By the way, few days ago I found this :

FYI, that is actually a fan remake of 1993 A80 Supra Japanese debut ad using edited GTS replay. Here is the original :

Props to the guy who created this! :bowdown: Nicely done and closely resembles the original ad. :cheers:

There are none for arcade time trial mode.

You can compare your full lap times in Circuit Experience with the top ten and your friendlist, and you can see your regional ranking in sport mode qualifying at gran-turismo.com and world/regional ranking at kudosprime and that is all that is available.

What he is looking for is not on there. again only sport mode rankings are on there.

What a bummer for game like GT. It would be a massive help to see how fast you can be with a certain car on a certain track. DRIVECLUB did this insanely well with multiple ghosts for those you are faster then you.

Hey guys, haven't ventured into these parts for some time. Lost interest in the GT series when Sport was announced as being online focused, as a single player gamer has enough been addded into the game to make it worthwhile to look into? Loved the previous games for the chance to take an old banger, tune it up some and go racing on my own terms, does GTS have any way to replicate that or will I need to keep GT6 struggling on a bit longer yet?

Ta.

Hey guys, haven't ventured into these parts for some time. Lost interest in the GT series when Sport was announced as being online focused, as a single player gamer has enough been addded into the game to make it worthwhile to look into? Loved the previous games for the chance to take an old banger, tune it up some and go racing on my own terms, does GTS have any way to replicate that or will I need to keep GT6 struggling on a bit longer yet?

Ta.
In short. The " can't"

- can't add aero pieces
- can't paint the center of the BBS RS wheels
- can't wash cars
- can't change oil
- can't add instrument gauges
- can't cover headlights
- can't select a Racing Modification for cars(select cars have fantasy race modified variants. ie; GT3/GT4-spec Mustang/4C/WRX/Atenza)
- can't add tuning parts(tuneability for parts we can't see, is available for nearly every car though)

The "can"

- can tune suspension, horsepower and weight, but you have use Mileage Points to buy them. Mileage Points are acquired by racing and by completing certain criteria(for example; Driving school, circuit experience, taking photos, creating liveries, liking other player's photos and liveries)
- can change headlights from "Norma"(clear) to "Yellow"(on certain race cars only)
As for old bangers, there aren't many. Look at the car list, the '65 MINI, Beetle, 500F, NA MX-5 and maybe the Trans Am, Honda Beat, RX-7 FC, are as close as you'll get. I mean, all the cars are pretty much top shelf spec. There's a thread which shows the AE86 should be arriving soon.

In short. The " can't"

- can't add aero pieces
- can't wash cars
- can't change oil
- can't cover headlights
- can't select a Racing Modification for cars(select cars have fantasy race modified variants. ie; GT3/GT4-spec Mustang/4C/WRX/Atenza)
- can't add tuning parts(tuneability for parts we can't see, is available for nearly every car though)

The "can"

- can tune suspension, horsepower and weight, but you have use Mileage Points to buy them. Mileage Points are acquired by racing and by completing certain criteria(for example; Driving school, circuit experience, taking photos, creating liveries, liking other player's photos and liveries)
- can change headlights from "Norma"(clear) to "Yellow"(on certain race cars only)
As for old bangers, there aren't many. Look at the car list, the '65 MINI, Beetle, 500F, NA MX-5 and maybe the Trans Am, Honda Beat, RX-7 FC, are as close as you'll get. I mean, all the cars are pretty much top shelf spec. There's a thread which shows the AE86 should be arriving soon.
The stated 'cants' here really makes many players frown, including me. Hoping the new GT7 will be much better.

In short. The " can't"

- can't add aero pieces
- can't wash cars
- can't change oil
- can't cover headlights

The "can"

Cheers, is there much to do as a single player gamer or is most of that tied to online only?

Cheers, is there much to do as a single player gamer or is most of that tied to online only?

There is much more for offline players now, than at game debut. A fair amount has been added since I bought the game last year in March.

GT League have about 10-15 races per tier. Beginner League, Amatuer League, Professional League. Endurance have Gr.1(LMP/Group C) races, Porsche GT3 RS Cup(3 races) and Gr.3(GT3) races. Each of the Endurance races are about an hour. No dynamic weather or time of day. Some races, like Nostalgic 1979(pre-1980) require cars that cost 10mil-20mil Cr. If you don't have enough time on your hands, it will take awhile. Daily bonus credits are non-existent. There is a Daily reward roulette(completing a set of miles/kilometers per day; 42kms), but it is ultra rare for anyone to receive one of those cars However, there are some races where you can bank Cr. quicker than others.

Add the Custom Races, Single Player races, Time Trials(not like the Seasonals in GT6), Drift Mode, Driving School, Mission Challenge and Circuit Experience. There's lots to complete. I feel replayability is good.
Note: You never have to buy a car(save for the NOstalgic cars, maybe). For starters, you are gifted your first car. Next, if you do the above mentioned DRiving School, etc, you are gifted Gr.4, Gr.3, Gr.2 and Gr.1 race cars(they cost 375,000 up to 1,000,000), upon completing each task and circuit experience.

upload_2019-4-13_15-22-28.jpeg

In short. The " can't"

- can't add aero pieces
The first one I can understand, although it is frustrating. There might be some manufacturers who do not allow aero to be applied to their cars per their license (though as I recall, most of the cars in GT6 allowed it). Regardless, if you wanted to balance a race of different cars together, it makes it that much more difficult to balance if some have Aero and others do not. Just look at how the S-FR RC does in just about every state of N-tune it can be run in as an example.

So unless Aero can be freely added and removed to all cars, it's inclusion is difficult, especially if they want to continue to try to balance and improve the balance of N-class cars. Not to mention, most of the cars did not look good with those spoilers on and the limited aero they did provide likely wasn't enough to justify their inclusion. So, sure, we lost one of the biggest bits of visual customization, but I'm not really sure it was that big of a loss. I suppose for the popular drift cars they could make a return and appear when you apply the drift tune? Who knows.

As for the BBS RS wheels, that is a massive oversight indeed. That is a massively popular wheel and being able to color it like it's fans can is important imo. Not game breaking, but c'mon PD, pay attention to how these wheels are being used.

- can't wash cars
- can't change oil
- can't cover headlights

I hope nobody is losing sleep over these. I'm incredibly glad that changing the oil is gone. The fact that it gave any kind of performance boost (even if that does reflect how things go in real life) made things impossibly complex to balance (Buy X car, DONT CHANGE THE OIL, then modify it with x parts, etc). Now it's just hop in and go. BoP on? Off? Doesn't matter, much, much easier to pick up and get into a race without people gaming the system with oil changes.

Washing Cars, Instrument Gauges and Covered headlights all seem like trivial items to miss, as well.

As the days of GT2 are well in the past, I'm at peace with this. I remember getting excited that they brought it back for GT5, but my goodness what a letdown it's execution ended up being. GT6 did it right in making all those cars TC's with a standard level of tune already present. If PD ever can get down to making car models in a week or two and has enough people and series sign on, then sure, I'd love to see a return of Racing Modification. Until then, save me the trouble and just let me buy a fully prepared car so it's easier for me to host a balanced event.

Ps5 Leak rumor talk about GT7 going to be crossplatform with ps4, for ps5 launch in 2020.. ..

PD will not develop a full game in less than one year for a whole new console c'mon...their hands are full with GTS

I hope nobody is losing sleep over these. I'm incredibly glad that changing the oil is gone. The fact that it gave any kind of performance boost (even if that does reflect how things go in real life) made things impossibly complex to balance (Buy X car, DONT CHANGE THE OIL, then modify it with x parts, etc). Now it's just hop in and go. BoP on? Off? Doesn't matter, much, much easier to pick up and get into a race without people gaming the system with oil changes.

Washing Cars, Instrument Gauges and Covered headlights all seem like trivial items to miss, as well.

Its part of the old single player experience that people miss about GT,the first thing people were hating on GTS when it was announced was the lack of upgrading and the lack of the caRPG from older games that includes the GT AUTO stuff.I also miss GT AUTO,it's the kind of quirky stuff that only exists in GT(really what kind of dev team would waste their time creating a fictional car shop and making oil changes a gameplay mechanic?Only Kaz would be this mad).

Back