Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
They kinda do look similar in a big version vs small version sort of way

1968-lamborghini-espada-17.jpg
The most prominent difference I see when they are viewed in the front is that the Lambo significantly sits lower than the Jensen. Still, I'm surprised to see that they have a model with those twin rounded headlights.

The most prominent difference I see when they are viewed in the front is that the Lambo significantly sits lower than the Jensen. Still, I'm surprised to see that they have a model with those twin rounded headlights.
Another thing that lends itself to the Espada theory is the foglamps or indicators mounted underneath the main headlights.

what the thonl.png

If you look closely you can see that underneath the big headlights in this out of focus image you can see smaller lamps like the ones on the Espada. They seem to be amber like those on a series II Espada.

Another thing that lends itself to the Espada theory is the foglamps or indicators mounted underneath main headlights.

View attachment 811534

If you look closely you can see that underneath the big headlights in this out of focus image you can see smaller lamps like the ones on the Espada. They seem to be amber like those on a series II Espada.
Yup. It's a big nod to the traditional design of those classics where steel bumpers are still also a common sight on cars way back then.

I need help with something.

I've been recording the amount of miles driven each day (just for fun, not for serious purposes or anything) and I accidentally forgot to update how much I drove on April 2, 2019 (last updated: 233.3 miles).
My total distance driven is 49,617 miles and have put in 63.2 miles this morning on April 3, 2019.

I want to figure how much I really drove on April 2, 2019 as I must have driven more than 233.3 miles that day.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1113898.html

At the following time, we will perform maintenance on the 'Gran Turismo Sport' servers. A new game update will also be available after the maintenance. Please note that during this time the online services, including [Sport Mode], will not be available.

[Day & Time]
April 3rd, 2019: 22:00 – 24:00 PDT
April 4th, 2019: 05:00 – 07:00 UTC
* The above time is subject to change.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1113898.html

At the following time, we will perform maintenance on the 'Gran Turismo Sport' servers. A new game update will also be available after the maintenance. Please note that during this time the online services, including [Sport Mode], will not be available.

[Day & Time]
April 3rd, 2019: 22:00 – 24:00 PDT
April 4th, 2019: 05:00 – 07:00 UTC
* The above time is subject to change.
Just your usual bug fixing update...

Anyone else having issues logging into the GT website community page. Sometimes log-in home page says ‘Network Error’. Other times you can log in, but it says Access Denied.

Anyone else having issues logging into the GT website community page. Sometimes log-in home page says ‘Network Error’. Other times you can log in, but it says Access Denied.
Not in my case. I can log in normally as it should.

I’m using IOS/Safari.

Will try another browser.

Edit: Still no joy.

Edit 2: Tried on laptop and the same.

Edit 3: PS4, App and PSN site all log-in. So just GT site that’s down.

Edit 4: Turn 2-step verification off and it logs in on GT Community site. So it’s a problem on PD’s side.

Last edited:
Aren't there any leaderbords for time trial? Couldn't find other results than my one. Wanted to see how fast I'm with a 1:37:3 at Suzuka with the SF Honda.

Last edited:
I recently opened a second PSN account due to different reasons, decided to play GTS on it aswell

Completed the Nordschleife Circuit Experience. The wheel starts to roll. 330 P4 AND Aston Martin DBR1 are on the wheel. It lands exactly between them on Time Attack Impreza

Completed Blue Moon Bay CE, wheel starts to roll, Gr.2 racer, Gr.1 car and some decent N class car, but the wheel decided to land on oldschool Beetle

I've seen 2000GT three times on the CE wheel today, and didn't get it once

Almost won a Shifter Kart, almost. But this time i got lucky and won an Aventador

Seriously, it's like DWC gets worse and worse with every update #justranting

Today I learned here's a GT Cafe at Twin Ring Motegi. And they serve a dish called "GT Rice". Which sounds a bit gross, described as "tomato based starchy sauce and rice" but i want to try it. :lol:

7889f9_289796420ab24c7abff9ea8f35f8ca24~mv2_d_1440_2160_s_2.jpg

7889f9_33714ec539294becad0757bba670dd84~mv2_d_1440_2160_s_2.jpg

Isn't there's also a road called Paseo de Yamauchi named after Kaz in Spain?I also heard about a road called Gran Turismo Dr.

I recently opened a second PSN account due to different reasons, decided to play GTS on it aswell

Completed the Nordschleife Circuit Experience. The wheel starts to roll. 330 P4 AND Aston Martin DBR1 are on the wheel. It lands exactly between them on Time Attack Impreza

Completed Blue Moon Bay CE, wheel starts to roll, Gr.2 racer, Gr.1 car and some decent N class car, but the wheel decided to land on oldschool Beetle

I've seen 2000GT three times on the CE wheel today, and didn't get it once

Almost won a Shifter Kart, almost. But this time i got lucky and won an Aventador

Seriously, it's like DWC gets worse and worse with every update #justranting

Putting the old Beatle in the wheelspin is just cruel

Today I learned here's a GT Cafe at Twin Ring Motegi. And they serve a dish called "GT Rice". Which sounds a bit gross, described as "tomato based starchy sauce and rice" but i want to try it. :lol:

7889f9_289796420ab24c7abff9ea8f35f8ca24~mv2_d_1440_2160_s_2.jpg

7889f9_33714ec539294becad0757bba670dd84~mv2_d_1440_2160_s_2.jpg
Oh, wow, the elusive Gran Turismo Café! I wasn't sure if it was still around! Hopefully I'll have a chance to visit it soon...

I covered it on the blog when it opened exactly 10 years ago.

https://www.gtplanet.net/the-gran-turismorestaurant/
https://www.gtplanet.net/real-picture-of-gran-turismo-cafe/

Isn't there's also a road called Paseo de Yamauchi named after Kaz in Spain?I also heard about a road called Gran Turismo Dr.
There's a small road somewhere around Mt. Panorama, probably on the track grounds, doesn't show up on a map.
I've always been a little suspicious of "Gran Turismo Drive" at Bathurst... Even though the mayor of Bathurst was there to christen it, apparently nobody else was (it was revealed while the GT event was happening in Ronda, on the other side of the world). :lol: None of the pictures from the reveal really showed where it was at, but the background of the launch video offers some clues:

Gran Turismo Drive unveiled at Mount Panorama 0-34 screenshot.png

The painted checkerboard on the road is still visible on Google Maps!

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 2.19.09 AM.png

The road in Ronda Spain, looks amazing Google reviews - here.
Yes, the Paseo de Kazunori Yamauchi was revealed during the GT 15th Anniversary event in Ronda, Spain. I have never seen Kazunori so surprised or embarrassed as when they pulled that flag over to reveal the sign — he had no idea they were going to do that. :lol:

https://www.gtplanet.net/paseo-de-kazunori-yamauchi/

paseo-de-kazunori-yamauchi-2.jpg

It's actually more of a walkway (hence the name, "paseo") rather than a "road", but it is the most important walkway in Ronda (and quite a bit more impressive than that parking lot aisle in Bathurst!). It is in the middle of the city and offers the best view of the landmark bridge, the Puente Nuevo. Here are some more pictures that I took which show exactly where/what it is.

You can see the start of it where the large group of people are in this photo, and you can see how it wraps around the edge of the cliff. It leads to a park on the other side that offers more views of the valley below.

IMG_1290.jpeg

A closer look at the start of the path. You can see where the (covered) plaque/sign is on the short wall near the middle of the photo:

IMG_1260.jpeg

View from the path itself:

IMG_1285 2.jpeg

And from the valley below:

IMG_1411.jpeg

Thanks for a good excuse to look through all my photos from that trip. :D Ronda really is spectacular.

Thanks for a good excuse to look through all my photos from that trip. :D Ronda really is spectacular.

Thank you for sharing those pictures.

I searched online yesterday for pictures of Ronda. But yours are much nicer. I'd never seen the picture of him covering his face (that's adorable). GTPlanet truly is the place to come for GT info. :gtpflag:

It seems that the site have a streaming channel.... pèrhaps @Igor Fraga can tel us if it will be on another place too like youtube or else ??

Doubt it, unfortunately. According to the profile he was last active Oct 30, 2018.

However, upon forther inspection, it seems like it'll be possible to watch just on the website :)

Back