Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
PD will not develop a full game in less than one year for a whole new console c'mon...their hands are full with GTS

Its part of the old single player experience that people miss about GT,the first thing people were hating on GTS when it was announced was the lack of upgrading and the lack of the caRPG from older games that includes the GT AUTO stuff.I also miss GT AUTO,it's the kind of quirky stuff that only exists in GT(really what kind of dev team would waste their time creating a fictional car shop and making oil changes a gameplay mechanic?Only Kaz would be this mad).
That's why I think many of us are looking forward to the next GT. Even with more cars and tracks, what we loved about GT will never be in GTSport. At this point, it's almost certain there won't be another GT this gen. (Updates after updates: no new features.)
So we just have to wait years for the next GT.

That's why I think many of us are looking forward to the next GT. Even with more cars and tracks, what we loved about GT will never be in GTSport. At this point, it's almost certain there won't be another GT this gen. (Updates after updates: no new features.)
So we just have to wait years for the next GT.

I miss the old GT stuff but it doesn't bother me that its missing from GTS,Sport is different on purpose and Kaz already said that the next GT will focus more on single player. Some might think GTS is a bump in the road for the franchise but i still think it was necessary to restart the whole thing from the ground and build up the car roster again,GT5 and GT6 was so big it felt aimless and the quality wasn't on par for everything.

I miss the old GT stuff but it doesn't bother me that its missing from GTS,Sport is different on purpose and Kaz already said that the next GT will focus more on single player. Some might think GTS is a bump in the road for the franchise but i still think it was necessary to restart the whole thing from the ground and build up the car roster again,GT5 and GT6 was so big it felt aimless and the quality wasn't on par for everything.
I'm happy to see this level of quality again, not seen since GT5 prologue. But I'm not worried, even the next Star Wars game from EA will be a solo game and all the solo games from Sony like God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn are a huge success. The next GT will be a return to the classic formula (with the new Sport mode of course.) Now, we wait.

Ps5 Leak rumor talk about GT7 going to be crossplatform with ps4, for ps5 launch in 2020.. ..
jp-4.gif

PD will not develop a full game in less than one year for a whole new console c'mon...their hands are full with GTS
Sequels begin pre-production before the current title is released. In the case of driving titles research and modelling of content is the biggest time consumer. Well, outside of the game engine, which PD already have. Game designers, physics & graphics engineers, researchers and what have you. These members of staff would have moved onto GT7 long ago.

It’s not like designing a story driven single-player game where little carries over. With PD finally casting aside PS2/PS3 era stuff, most of their PS4 work, will carry straight over to PS5.

I certainly think you’ll see the next GT by 2021. With an outside chance of late 2020.

I don't think Gran Turismo have worked closely with Chevrolet for the C8 unfortunately.
From recent interviews, it's more about Chevrolet contacting KAz to put the car in game. Not so much PD sending people to work with Chevy. Sure, the car may not happen at all. However, the history of the Corvette brand in GT, could favor to the more likely than not.

I only put the rumor :)
Until its supposed ps5 launch, it will be 3 years, not impossible but i think it will be delayed for 2021
How i see Gt7 is a gt5-gt6 alike, but jump with crossgen title. And working on update doesn't require an entire team you know

Rumor source: https://pastebin.com/PY9vaTsR/
Taking with grain of salt please, only rumor

MMX
I hope it don't happen. Corvette is as American as it gets, and to me, an American Muscle/Sports car should be front engine, rear drive.

I agree that it shouldn’t don the Corvette moniker. Back in the 60’s they had an Aerovette. Why not now? Or just call it the Chevrolet C8 and keep the FR Corvette as an entry-level model.

There is no way the C8 will be less than $100k and it’s rightly a super-car. So why pretend it’s a Corvette which has historically treaded that Sports/Grand Tourer line.

Anyway, I digress. I heard the Viper is coming back and I suspect that will be MR and flappy paddle also. After Lambo absolutely wiped the floor with the Viper at Nürburgring, it’s clear that we need to get with the times in respect to supercar technology.

That's a strange requirement but okay
What's so strange about it? It's been a FR car from day one, as have most American muscle/sports cars. Plus it'll be the end of the iconic long front, short back, it's had from the beginning as well.

I seen some concept photos a while back, and was not a fan.

MMX
What's so strange about it? It's been a FR car from day one, as have most American muscle/sports cars. Plus it'll be the end of the iconic long front, short back, it's had from the beginning as well.

I seen some concept photos a while back, and was not a fan.
Just because its always been an FR sportscar doesn't mean it can't change, by that logic the Corvette should've stayed as an inline 6 car forever because that's how it was from day one. Besides, over the course of the Corvette's history many times they've expressed their desire to make a midengine corvette but couldn't due to many different factors such as cost.

MMX
I hope it don't happen. Corvette is as American as it gets, and to me, an American Muscle/Sports car should be front engine, rear drive.

yeah well, it's not really about respecting how cars should be, but more, making cars in the trendy/most efficient/stable way.

Porsche also switched to mid engine, and people accepted it. I guess it's more stable, and it works better overall. It's sad that the corvette is probably gonna lose its "traditionnal" long nose shape but I guess it's the way it is. I guess the next gen of dodge viper will also switch to mid engine when the time comes

the Ford GT40 was an emblematic american "sports" car, and it had a mid engine.

Just because its always been an FR sportscar doesn't mean it can't change, by that logic the Corvette should've stayed as an inline 6 car forever because that's how it was from day one. Besides, over the course of the Corvette's history many times they've expressed their desire to make a midengine corvette but couldn't due to many different factors such as cost.

yeah well, it's not really about respecting how cars should be, but more, making cars in the trendy/most efficient/stable way.

Porsche also switched to mid engine, and people accepted it. I guess it's more stable, and it works better overall. It's sad that the corvette is probably gonna lose its "traditionnal" long nose shape but I guess it's the way it is. I guess the next gen of dodge viper will also switch to mid engine when the time comes

the Ford GT40 was an emblematic american "sports" car, and it had a mid engine.

You both make valid points, I just hate to see it go that way. I'm a die hard Chevy/GM fan, with some age on me, and don't like change.

Fords are crap anyway, so don't care what they do. :lol:

The Camaro ain't too bad of an FR Sportscar either so we might see that fill in the shoes the C7 left behind eventually while the C8 and onwards go midengine.

Elaborate.
Well, ok, my statement might have been a tad exaggerated.

let's rephrase : Porsche switched to mid engine (vs rear) for their top of the game GT race car (991RSR), and most people i know accepted the change as "it's ok, I hope they win even more races now".
It's true that unlike the next corvette, the 911 kept it "typical shape" because moving from rear to mid isnt such a big deal as moving from front to mid position.

Well, ok, my statement might have been a tad exaggerated.

let's rephrase : Porsche switched to mid engine (vs rear) for their top of the game GT race car (991RSR), and most people i know accepted the change as "it's ok, I hope they win even more races now".
It's true that unlike the next corvette, the 911 kept it "typical shape" because moving from rear to mid isnt such a big deal as moving from front to mid position.

Porsche was forced to use an MR layout on the RSR because of ground effects regulations. It had nothing to do with balance, and the car would be RR if not for that.

Porsche was forced to use an MR layout on the RSR because of ground effects regulations. It had nothing to do with balance, and the car would be RR if not for that.
Are you sure ? I remember an interview where they were saying it was to improve weight repartition and tyre use. I will post the link if I find it

Are you sure ? I remember an interview where they were saying it was to improve weight repartition and tyre use. I will post the link if I find it

Yes I mis-spoke. they werent forced to, they just did so they could exploit the ground effects regulations and run a much bigger rear diffuser.

Have they messed with GR 2 cars at all ? I only play the daily races and I haven’t raced GR 2 cars for a while but they feel really different.

Have you not uninstalled the game, at all recently ? ... I cant imagine an update of that size with no announcement would just suddenly appear. I'll definitely check myself though

Nope. Never uninstalled it and already had the update downloaded so I have no idea why that happened. Thankfully, I still have everything.

Back