Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I only put the rumor :)
Until its supposed ps5 launch, it will be 3 years, not impossible but i think it will be delayed for 2021
How i see Gt7 is a gt5-gt6 alike, but jump with crossgen title. And working on update doesn't require an entire team you know

Rumor source: https://pastebin.com/PY9vaTsR/
Taking with grain of salt please, only rumor

This leak just got a bit more legit. I was skeptical of Ray-tracing, but Mark Cerny just revealed the PS5 will support it in a Wired article. Also supports 8k and is backward compatible. Yesssss

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

Last edited:
yeah well, it's not really about respecting how cars should be, but more, making cars in the trendy/most efficient/stable way.

Porsche also switched to mid engine, and people accepted it. I guess it's more stable, and it works better overall. It's sad that the corvette is probably gonna lose its "traditionnal" long nose shape but I guess it's the way it is. I guess the next gen of dodge viper will also switch to mid engine when the time comes

the Ford GT40 was an emblematic american "sports" car, and it had a mid engine.
GT40 is a British car with an American engine. Or do you mean the GT which is an American car.

This leak just got a bit more legit. I was skeptical of Ray-tracing, but Mark Cerny just revealed the PS5 will support it in a Wired article. Also supports 8k and is backward compatible. Yesssss

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/
"the next-gen console will support 8K graphics" : https://www.gtplanet.net/sony-uses-gran-turismo-sport-to-showcase-its-8k-tv-at-ces-2019/
"The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, will support ray tracing" : https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-tech-demo-real-time-ray-tracing-replay-movie-editor/

Raytracing on console? Hmmm... I wonder if Sony is going to use PD's in house Iris Raytracing system on their next gen console.

"the next-gen console will support 8K graphics" : https://www.gtplanet.net/sony-uses-gran-turismo-sport-to-showcase-its-8k-tv-at-ces-2019/
"The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, will support ray tracing" : https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-tech-demo-real-time-ray-tracing-replay-movie-editor/

PD most likely lent a hand in designing/recommending the specs along with some other Sony devs.

Ryzen 2 + Navi architecture is top of the line AMD stuff not even out yet. Glad Sony is going all out instead of skimping on the CPU like with PS4 and a GPU that was barely better than lower end PC Cards available in 2013. The 8k thing is most definitely checker boarding though. I doubt 8k TVs will even take off with consumer demand until next next gen.

The leak mentioned ray trace wasn’t a focus, so I wonder what the performance will be like and how viable it actually is on AMD’s new architecture.

Last edited:
The GT7 PS5 launch (window) listing is looking more legit. The dev who leaked PS5 specs and games also predicted Sony would skip E3. This was all originally posted in December.

The Raytracing presentation from PD now also makes sense. Many believed that wouldn’t be possible next-gen. If you’re introducing such a feature no better game to showcase it than GT7.

Also interesting to see PS5’s SSD is quicker than any currently in the market. An SSD in PS4 improves loading times 3x. This new SSD is 19x quicker. I imagine that will be put to good use in a driving title with long draw distances. The improved CPU will of course also allow larger grids and more detailed physics/condition modelling.

Last edited:
I still think the most likely next gen scenario is a beefed up GT Sport at launch and GT7/GTS2 a couple of years later. This way, they could still support GTS on PS4 and wouldnt loose the player base - even crossplay multiplayer could be possible.

As long as my T-GT works on PS5, im ready for anything!

PD most likely lent a hand in designing/recommending the specs along with some other Sony devs.

Ryzen 2 + Navi architecture is top of the line AMD stuff not even out yet. Glad Sony is going all out instead of skimping on the CPU like with PS4 and a GPU that was barely better than lower end PC Cards available in 2013. The 8k thing is most definitely checker boarding though. I doubt 8k TVs will even take off with consumer demand until next next gen.

The leak mentioned ray trace wasn’t a focus, so I wonder what the performance will be like and how viable it actually is on AMD’s new architecture.
Look at the third picture: they need to find a better solution for reflections. Everything looks perfect except these ugly reflections (and they look alreadh better than on my ps4). FH4 on my OG XB1 has much better reflections.

https://www.gtplanet.net/playstation-5-8k-backwards-compatibility-mark-cerny/
Come on. It's a Ford, it's an American car. Let's not play the "it's based on this or that car/ it's designed by this or that designer" card to confuse everyone
It was a Ford of Europe car, designed and built in the UK - in one of our many joke towns, Slough (which is now home to a Mars factory). There's a reason why it was right-hand drive...

It may have worn a Ford badge but - until the MkIV at least - at was as American a Ford as the Fiesta, Mondeo, Sierra and Puma are and were.

So you consider the x type and so on American card ?
Notice that I didn't say the GT40 was a British car...

However the Jaguar X-Type was designed and built in the UK and used the Ford Europe Mondeo platform. Not sure of the relevance...

Last edited:
After watching last weekend's European GT4 races, hope we get some new spec Gr.4 cars. The only one kind of up to date is, the M4. The new 718 Cayman supplants the GT4 we have now. Of course the 570S is in, but we never got the proper model. New Mustang shape has been out since GT Sport debuted, the AMG GT and AM Vantage(paint hasn't even dried) are new.

Of course the 570S is in, but we never got the proper model.

We've never had a 570S in Gran Turismo, let alone the GT4 version, actually. I think you confused it with the 650S Gr.4...

That being said, a 570S GT4 would be a welcome addition as long as it performs significantly better than the existing 650S Gr.4 we have now. McLaren just needs better in-game race cars anyway.

We've never had a 570S in Gran Turismo, let alone the GT4 version, actually. I think you confused it with the 650S Gr.4...

That being said, a 570S GT4 would be a welcome addition as long as it performs significantly better than the existing 650S Gr.4 we have now. McLaren just needs better in-game race cars anyway.
Haven't confused anything. There was more to the sentence. Something got jumbled on my phone.

After watching last weekend's European GT4 races, hope we get some new spec Gr.4 cars. The only one kind of up to date is, the M4. The new 718 Cayman supplants the GT4 we have now. Of course the 570S is in, but we never got the proper model. New Mustang shape has been out since GT Sport debuted, the AMG GT and AM Vantage(paint hasn't even dried) are new.
Gr.3 also needs some love. I honestly refuse to believe they will do another full season using the same cars. Would be great to have some up to date models, such as the Bentley.

Bearing in mind that there currently exists only one actual GT4 car in Gr.4 (the Cayman), I guess it’s not very likely PD will add a lot more any time soon.

Gr.4 is only loosely based on GT4 regulations, with rather significant deviations, e.g. drivetrain.

My post was in Light about the next game.
Didn't want to be the cause of a Wishlist in there. Just some thoughts after watching the race.

If the game is indeed coming out next year, there are a host of real cars that could replace the fantasy ones we have.

Yes, majority of real race cars are in Gr.3. Those definitely need to be upgraded.

However, I think this Manufaturer series could be based on the real Manufacturers that participate in GT4. There's no Bugatti Gr.3. That Gr.4 car could be discontinued. However, there is a GT4 Maserati.
No doubt PD logic dictates what we get. We'll see how they rework, these classes.

Into an RC car

Yeah you are right. Turns out this is prepared for slot car competition though I was too excited to see this as real car and didn't checked it first. My bad...

By the way, at least there is an inspiration for livery design for Audi VGT right there isn't it?

Come on. It's a Ford, it's an American car. Let's not play the "it's based on this or that car/ it's designed by this or that designer" card to confuse everyone
Yes. It’s like saying Acura is Japanese because Honda owns them and Honda shares its parts with Acura, when actually it’s American.

Back