Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
But if the first race is scheduled for the 28th and an update will be required to see the event at all, I’d imagine that means the update is coming before Golden Week.

Guess the event only limited to Japanese only, since it is held by Porsche Japan. Like to see more this kind of event in other region that would be interesting. We have upcoming GR Supra event which similiar to this in global scale and that is good step imo. Hope this continues.

Addition:
This Series may Porsche drivers in Manufacturer series exclusive. No announce now but banner says...
Manufacturer series 2019 EX season 2 ends tomorrow and official season will begin soon so this Porsche series will make Porsche in Manufacturer series strong.

Addition:
This Series may Porsche drivers in Manufacturer series exclusive. No announce now but banner says...
Manufacturer series 2019 EX season 2 ends tomorrow and official season will begin soon so this Porsche series will make Porsche in Manufacturer series strong.

Maybe they meant people will want to chose Porsche for the Manufacturer Series because they enjoyed driving their porsche in the Porsche Series?

That’s... certainly one way of getting more drivers choose Porsche for their manufacturer. “Choose us or miss out on our exclusive competition.” :/

https://m.facebook.com/porschemotorsportjapan/
Official page. I read that we can run a free practice after next update.
Now THAT page does indeed speak of an upcoming update. :D But sadly no real details of the update...
Hey guys. I'm a bit out of practice - could you translate the appropriate part for me? I think

"近日中のアップデート以降、
スポーツモードの中にエントリーフライヤーが表示さ"

says something like "After the next update the entry page will be displayed in Sports Mode", but I'm not exactly sure about that.

"近日中のアップデート以降、
スポーツモードの中にエントリーフライヤーが表示されます。
この段階ではレースにエントリーすることは出来ませんが、
予定されたコースでフリー走行は可能。"
means
"After the next update the entry flyer will displayed in Sport Mode. You can run free practice but you can't entry this series until 19:45, 15 minutes before of race start, 20:00 Apr 28." I try to translate.
Underlined part is same as FIA races.

Porsche uses GTS in Japan but uses Forza in other countries.
https://biz.news.mynavi.jp/articles/-/2220

How sim like is it or how close to it is it. I’m trading in Xbox one x later this month or late summer and between July and August I will have a PS4 pro and this game. Along with playing assetto corsa and project cars 2. But I haven’t played gt since ps3 days. I’m finally coming back to PlayStation for the games and this game. So how fun is it and how sim or close to sim is it. Thanks for a quick overview

So this came up on my feed last night.

@Famine @Jordan Dunno if this is newsworthy but here it is, a GT SEMA winner up for sale.

Bruce Leven’s 2016 SEMA award winning ‘51 Ford is up for sale in California. Bruce passed away in the summer of 2017, and from there the car went under ownership of Wicked Fabrication, the tuning house that built it. It was scanned back in November 2017, I wonder if the transition of hands/sale has delayed its appearance in the game?

https://www.instagram.com/wickedfab...tm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1t3v9k4zladj3

Last edited:
I like Porsche because they have "real" cars in each Group, from the road cars up to the 919. One reason I chose Lexus is because they have the real GT3 and Gr.2 cars. The RC F Gr.4 is similar to the Gazoo Racing Nurb24 car. If Nissan had the 370 GT4, I'd probably have stuck with them.
(I saw it on Reddit)
Poly is on fire. 👍

Those TE37SLV wheels, are a hot commodity in the Mileage Exchange. The centres can be painted. Same wheels on the FuguZ, paint the whole wheel.

How sim like is it or how close to it is it. I’m trading in Xbox one x later this month or late summer and between July and August I will have a PS4 pro and this game. Along with playing assetto corsa and project cars 2. But I haven’t played gt since ps3 days. I’m finally coming back to PlayStation for the games and this game. So how fun is it and how sim or close to sim is it. Thanks for a quick overview

From what I've seen, it's sim enough for the vast majority of people overall (SUPERDEEPSERIOUS crowd the main exclusion). Make of that what you will.

This may or may not be me saying I don't own the game.

Guess the event only limited to Japanese only, since it is held by Porsche Japan. Like to see more this kind of event in other region that would be interesting. We have upcoming GR Supra event which similiar to this in global scale and that is good step imo. Hope this continues.
These manufacturer backed events do appear to be the next big push for PD. You can’t spread the playerbase too thinly. But it would be great to have a weekly manufacturer series in addition to the weekly & FIA races. Tie in’s with big races and events also makes plenty of sense.

Super Formula Virtual Series has announced today :

Absolutely Japanese-only series with only 4 series, and split into 2 class

(I use Google translate)
Screenshot_7307.png

Super Formula Virtual Series has announced today :

Im loving this,one of my ideas for sport mode was to have lots of mini championships available to the point it would feel like you're playing a classic gt campaign(only this time its against real people)

Another good sign this is going to be a big focus. I wonder what manufacturers & series we get in the West.

Mclaren is very involved with esports i could see PD making a deal with them

Back