Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Formidable, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Achika_Kuonji

Achika_Kuonji

2. 05XR8

05XR8

Can anyone check if it's in Sport Mode yet?

3. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

Where does it say the next GTS update will come before the 1st race? I checked the article and when Google Translated, it says nothing of the sort.

4. whiteusagi

whiteusagi

Read the linked site, doesn’t say there will be an update before the first race. Perhaps just a guess?

5. Achika_Kuonji

Achika_Kuonji

dimassa19 and ProjectF like this.
  6. whiteusagi

whiteusagi

Now THAT page does indeed speak of an upcoming update. :D But sadly no real details of the update...

dimassa19 likes this.
  7. Achika_Kuonji

Achika_Kuonji

We Japanese get 10 straight holidays from Apr 27 to May 6 because of a change of Emperor so next update will come before Apr 27 or after May 6 I think.

8. whiteusagi

whiteusagi

But if the first race is scheduled for the 28th and an update will be required to see the event at all, I’d imagine that means the update is coming before Golden Week.

kembro likes this.
  9. bdj57

bdj57

Guess the event only limited to Japanese only, since it is held by Porsche Japan. Like to see more this kind of event in other region that would be interesting. We have upcoming GR Supra event which similiar to this in global scale and that is good step imo. Hope this continues.

AlanH49 and ProjectF like this.
  10. Achika_Kuonji

Achika_Kuonji

Addition:
    This Series may Porsche drivers in Manufacturer series exclusive. No announce now but banner says...
    Manufacturer series 2019 EX season 2 ends tomorrow and official season will begin soon so this Porsche series will make Porsche in Manufacturer series strong.

11. gtpierre

gtpierre

Maybe they meant people will want to chose Porsche for the Manufacturer Series because they enjoyed driving their porsche in the Porsche Series?

12. Achika_Kuonji

Achika_Kuonji

The banner is this.

ProjectF and nickf1gr like this.
  13. whiteusagi

whiteusagi

That’s... certainly one way of getting more drivers choose Porsche for their manufacturer. “Choose us or miss out on our exclusive competition.” :/

14. Famine

Famine Administrator

Hey guys. I'm a bit out of practice - could you translate the appropriate part for me? I think

"近日中のアップデート以降、
    スポーツモードの中にエントリーフライヤーが表示さ"

says something like "After the next update the entry page will be displayed in Sports Mode", but I'm not exactly sure about that.

ProjectF likes this.
  15. Achika_Kuonji

Achika_Kuonji

"近日中のアップデート以降、
    スポーツモードの中にエントリーフライヤーが表示されます。
    この段階ではレースにエントリーすることは出来ませんが、
    予定されたコースでフリー走行は可能。"
    means
    "After the next update the entry flyer will displayed in Sport Mode. You can run free practice but you can't entry this series until 19:45, 15 minutes before of race start, 20:00 Apr 28." I try to translate.
    Underlined part is same as FIA races.

Porsche uses GTS in Japan but uses Forza in other countries.
    https://biz.news.mynavi.jp/articles/-/2220

TheNuvolari, k12power, Jordan and 2 others like this.
  16. 305Michael305

305Michael305

How sim like is it or how close to it is it. I’m trading in Xbox one x later this month or late summer and between July and August I will have a PS4 pro and this game. Along with playing assetto corsa and project cars 2. But I haven’t played gt since ps3 days. I’m finally coming back to PlayStation for the games and this game. So how fun is it and how sim or close to sim is it. Thanks for a quick overview

17. queleuleu

queleuleu

(I saw it on Reddit)
    Poly is on fire. :tup:

18. Quakebass

Quakebass

So this came up on my feed last night.

@Famine @Jordan Dunno if this is newsworthy but here it is, a GT SEMA winner up for sale.

Bruce Leven’s 2016 SEMA award winning ‘51 Ford is up for sale in California. Bruce passed away in the summer of 2017, and from there the car went under ownership of Wicked Fabrication, the tuning house that built it. It was scanned back in November 2017, I wonder if the transition of hands/sale has delayed its appearance in the game?

https://www.instagram.com/wickedfab...tm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1t3v9k4zladj3

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  19. AKps3

AKps3

Delete

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  20. 05XR8

05XR8

I like Porsche because they have "real" cars in each Group, from the road cars up to the 919. One reason I chose Lexus is because they have the real GT3 and Gr.2 cars. The RC F Gr.4 is similar to the Gazoo Racing Nurb24 car. If Nissan had the 370 GT4, I'd probably have stuck with them.
    Those TE37SLV wheels, are a hot commodity in the Mileage Exchange. The centres can be painted. Same wheels on the FuguZ, paint the whole wheel.

21. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

22. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

From what I've seen, it's sim enough for the vast majority of people overall (SUPERDEEPSERIOUS crowd the main exclusion). Make of that what you will.

This may or may not be me saying I don't own the game.

Lubeify100 likes this.
  23. AlanH49

AlanH49

These manufacturer backed events do appear to be the next big push for PD. You can’t spread the playerbase too thinly. But it would be great to have a weekly manufacturer series in addition to the weekly & FIA races. Tie in’s with big races and events also makes plenty of sense.

bdj57 likes this.
  24. bdj57

bdj57

Super Formula Virtual Series has announced today :

25. Baliwa

Baliwa Premium

Absolutely Japanese-only series with only 4 series, and split into 2 class

(I use Google translate)
    [​IMG]

26. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

delete please

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  27. Need4Speed685

Need4Speed685

So I'm assuming this means the potential return of Motegi + the addition of Okayama and Sugo?

If that's the case, Sugo will be the first to arrive (going off the Super Formula calendar for this season) followed by Motegi then Okayama.

28. AlanH49

AlanH49

Another good sign this is going to be a big focus. I wonder what manufacturers & series we get in the West.

29. Auditore

Auditore

Im loving this,one of my ideas for sport mode was to have lots of mini championships available to the point it would feel like you're playing a classic gt campaign(only this time its against real people)

Mclaren is very involved with esports i could see PD making a deal with them

AlanH49 likes this.
  30. Need4Speed685

Need4Speed685

So someone spotted the PD logo somewhere at Oulton Park...

[​IMG]