Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I hope so too. Then the Evora can come back as well as the Lotus Europa.
car_176_7168_52cd76bdd04fc.jpg

And of course, the countless different cars from Lotus.

Wink wink nudge nudge at my username. :sly:

What happened to Pikes Peak? They have the license yet they never used it for the last 3-4 years.
Just completed all the Mission Challenges. Pikes Peak is acknowledged in the end credit movie. Is it still to come? I don't know.

GT Sport should have a 60's equivalent of their Formula GT.

They are getting good mileage out of the F1500T because it is so versatile when combined with the livery editor.

They should also bring back the Formula GT '04 as well. For me, cars like the W08 are a total waste of effort when you can't even add liveries to them.

Last edited:
GT Sport should have a 60's equivalent of their Formula GT.

They are getting good mileage out of the F1500T because it is so versatile when combined with the livery editor.

They should also bring back the Formula GT '04 as well. For me, cars like the W08 are a total waste of effort when you can't even add liveries to them.

Something tells that when the LCC Rocket is added, we'll see a 50s/60s F1 livery flood.

What happened to Pikes Peak? They have the license yet they never used it for the last 3-4 years.

I'm assuming that they secured the license before their decision to make the game focused on FIA closed track circuits. Even the expected Goodwood track update doesn't seem to be including the Goodwood hillclimb course. So they might be saving it for the next normal GT game since it doesn't really fit the GT Sport format.

I hope I'm wrong though since I'd love to drive Pike's.

Hey guys, is there any thread here to share PSN IDs for adding friends? Couldnt find any. Feel free to add me. You will see some pretty scapes shots from time to time :D

DanPrez

After constant fiddling with it, I finally managed to make the AE86 enjoyable to drive on most of tracks(from Tsukuba to Nordeschleife) and I noticed something very interesting with it:

IT DOESN'T HAVE A REV LIMITER ON 5TH GEAR IF YOU KEEP THE FACTORY TRANSMISSION.

This is great for me as I only race in first person view, and with the stock transmission there's no straight-cut whine, even after maxing out power and reducing weight, the car has lots of of power until it gets up to 210km/h, after that there's no rev cutting but you will notice the power output sharply declining and the car losing acceleration...It maxes at about 214km/h on the flat road of SSRX and it gets to about about 220km/h on the downhill..But it doesn't bounce at all!

(Unless someone rams you from behind and pushes you over the 220km/h mark)

PD should take whatever they did with the AE86 ratios and apply it to the muscle cars because the Mach 1 and Challenger are laughably slow on straights thanks to the Rev limiter cutting their engine power suddenly.

After constant fiddling with it, I finally managed to make the AE86 enjoyable to drive on most of tracks(from Tsukuba to Nordeschleife) and I noticed something very interesting with it:

IT DOESN'T HAVE A REV LIMITER ON 5TH GEAR IF YOU KEEP THE FACTORY TRANSMISSION.

This is great for me as I only race in first person view, and with the stock transmission there's no straight-cut whine, even after maxing out power and reducing weight, the car has lots of of power until it gets up to 210km/h, after that there's no rev cutting but you will notice the power output sharply declining and the car losing acceleration...It maxes at about 214km/h on the flat road of SSRX and it gets to about about 220km/h on the downhill..But it doesn't bounce at all!

(Unless someone rams you from behind and pushes you over the 220km/h mark)

PD should take whatever they did with the AE86 ratios and apply it to the muscle cars because the Mach 1 and Challenger are laughably slow on straights thanks to the Rev limiter cutting their engine power suddenly.
They did, many updates ago now.

Okay now, wtf? I just went and checked it out and you're right!

Have I been sleeping under a rock? Since when have they changed this??
1.29 update, it's not in the actual patch notes, but I do remember that being changed when the Jaguar E-Type was introduced to the game.

The death chicane at Dragon Trail Seaside always reminds me of the chicane on SSR11 in GT1. Both can be tricky. Coincidence? Is this PD's tribute to the chicane at SSR11?

mqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I'm watching the Pirelli GT4 America race. I gotta commend PD for giving us a hose of GT4/Gr.4 cars in this game. While I'm sure most of us players want the real GT4 cars, for PD to make it their business that this category is covered, I raise a glass.

I'm not much of a fan for the McLaren Gr.4, but having seen it do really well at the start of the 2019 GT4 European season, I started to use it in my Custom Races. I did use it twice, once each in two Daily Race weeks.
PD really did have a vision of this group because they debuted cars that weren't out in the real world yet. At the same time, cars like the Evo(has stopped racing) & WRX and RC F, are similar to the Super Taikyu racers. In the case of the RC F, the V6 not the V8, races as the RC350 in S-Tai. Hope to see more in the next game.

TCR is the big thing now and though we don't have them(yet), PD saw fit to include a few FF machines. I think PD's Gr.4 roster, is the largest GT4 type category, in a console game.

There is tarmac rally... its just Group B cars running on standard sealed tracks like normal cars.

Who remembers the gold standard racing that is Group B on Tokyo Express (yes I know its strange even in print).

Back