Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Just did the first online daily race at Tsukuba and this Canadian kid couldn't stop bumping me to pass me.
I was blocking him every turn while maintining my position and the only way he passed me was by bumping me off track and I kept losing SR.
Why do I keep playing this game online?

I was blocking him

he couldn't stop bumping me

maintaining my position

Dude, which is it?

If the only way you can keep your position is blocking out of every sector, you’re going to get pushed out of the way.

it’s entirely on him to pass you cleanly, I get that. It’s also an online racing game with no ramifications to small contacts. And look what happened - your behavior got you pushed off the track. Sometimes you need to reconcile your own ego and let someone who is clearly faster than you, pass.

Dude, which is it?

If the only way you can keep your position is blocking out of every sector, you’re going to get pushed out of the way.

it’s entirely on him to pass you cleanly, I get that. It’s also an online racing game with no ramifications to small contacts. And look what happened - your behavior got you pushed off the track. Sometimes you need to reconcile your own ego and let someone who is clearly faster than you, pass.
He wasn't faster.
He didn't pass me clean.
He had to hit me to do that.

Just delay the turn in a touch if they are flying up on the inside let him pass you will killing exit speed and you will have an easy pass in the next 50 yards

So someone spotted the PD logo somewhere at Oulton Park...

Screenshot_7309.png
Has anyone seen an update on this? The meeting is still ongoing, Easter Monday is the main race day.

Wonder if PD are there for the track, cars or both?

Has anyone seen an update on this? The meeting is still ongoing, Easter Monday is the main race day.

Wonder if PD are there for the track, cars or both?

Hard to know what this means because PD and Gran Turismo are always being used as sponsors for motorsport events.Wouldn't be surprised if it was just a sponsor sticker on a truck,here's hoping it means more than that.

Black screens.. so many of them. Since today, the main menu takes forever to load, at least for me. It happens after each race.. so annoying!

Dang! I was able to get 4 Group C cars, in a 5 car Gr.1 custom race. Did it 5 times straight, but I didn't race as I was trying to get all 5 Group C cars on the grid.
The program kept putting in the GT-R LM. I had to use the Sauber to start with. When I switched tracks, the program replaces the Group C cars with 4 VGTs or R18, HYundai VGT, SRT VGT and TS030. If I start with the 962 and R92CP, I can't get the other Group C combos. When starting with the 787B, I only got the Group C combo once. Now, I can't get any of the Group C cars in a combo. I only get the R18, 919, Audi VGT and TS050. Dagnabbit.... maybe it was a glitch.

Edit: Got them back. Switched cars, no problem. Changed tracks and it replaces the cars.

D45a3CaU8AAj8Uw.jpg

D45bACrU0AE6LIv.jpg

Last edited:
Dang! I was able to get 4 Group C cars, in a 5 car Gr.1 custom race. Did it 5 times straight, but I didn't race as I was trying to get all 5 Group C cars on the grid.
The program kept putting in the GT-R LM. I had to use the Sauber to start with. When I switched tracks, the program replaces the Group C cars with 4 VGTs or R18, HYundai VGT, SRT VGT and TS030. If I start with the 962 and R92CP, I can't get the other Group C combos. When starting with the 787B, I only got the Group C combo once. Now, I can't get any of the Group C cars in a combo. I only get the R18, 919, Audi VGT and TS050. Dagnabbit.... maybe it was a glitch.

Edit: Got them back. Switched cars, no problem. Changed tracks and it replaces the cars.

D45a3CaU8AAj8Uw.jpg

D45bACrU0AE6LIv.jpg
GT-R LM NISMO is extremely fast in oval circuits.

Maybe it wouldn't be practical for them to make some anymore?

I'd say it would be pragmatic to do so. The game lacks content and yet there are a lot of eligible cars in sport mode that no-one drives because they are completely uncompetitive due to different sub-divisions of car existing within a category.

For instance - no-one in Sport Mode uses the Xanavi Nismo, the SC430 or the Epson NSX in Group 2, because they are not at parity with the 2016 Super GT cars.

There are one-make races for Group 4 but no smaller groups like the touring cars/hot hatches within the category, or for the GT cars only.

The Super Formula cars aren't even in the same class so PD had to scramble to hotfix the FIA event so that the SF-Toyota could race the SF-Honda.

They could make the game feel a lot more fresh for the players with a relatively minor update. I think PD are mad not to do it.

GT-R LM NISMO is extremely fast in oval circuits.
10 minute race BoP On, the Porsche finished last. The GT-R 4th. C9 2nd.

Just wonder why they can't program all the Group C cars in a 5 car race. Now, I'm thinking can I get a 6 car race with both groups of GT500 cars. ;)

10 minute race BoP On, the Porsche finished last. The GT-R 4th. C9 2nd.

Just wonder why they can't program all the Group C cars in a 5 car race. Now, I'm thinking can I get a 6 car race with both groups of GT500 cars. ;)
The GT twitter account now has open DM’s for feedback. Maybe worth making a suggestion in a polite manner.

Okay, I'm up to 15 times starting a new game. The last update, I kept getting the same roulette cars in Circuit Experience(CE). This time, I got different roulette cars. 3 out of my first 5 CE, the same cars I "won" in two roulette, the other cars in the same roulette were different.

Starting with Kyoto, I always got the '07 M3, now 350Z.
Streets of Willow: A45, now Honda 2&4
Horsethief: TOM's RC F, now same
Big Willow: A80 Supra white, now same
Northern Isle: Tesla now, Beetle

I never wrote them down, as I knew which cars I was getting once I saw the silhouettes. I've since written them down on a pad, to compare.

Driving School also updated. I won a Stratos this time out. Before, it was the BR-Z. Didn't expect it at all.
D4-Izq7U8AAF4FX.jpg

DO this for the love of god.

I wouldnt complain about anything else if they could just allow you to choose just group c or just 2008 era SuperGT or just choose each and every car in a 16 car field in custom races.

Who the hell doesnt want to host their own Group C custom races etc.?

Without this ability nay granularity you're just wasting all your talent on assets that cant be used effectively.

I dont want to race the Porsche 962 if you're just going to get your asses handed to you by the VGTs or LMP-H cars.

You do well to satisfy the wishes of the people who want realistic race meetings without the VGTs or just modern LMP-H races etc.

Back