Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Formidable, Oct 27, 2015.

?

Has playing the GT Sport Demo affected your decision to buy the full game?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2017.
  1. Haven't played the GT Sport Demo

58 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Did not intend to buy/preorder GT Sport, will now buy GT Sport

42 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Did not intend to buy/preorder GT Sport, now undecided

9 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Did not intend to buy/preorder GT Sport, will still not buy GT Sport

17 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. Already intended to buy/preordered GT Sport, will still buy GT Sport

321 vote(s)
    58.4%
  6. Already intended to buy/preordered GT Sport, now undecided

21 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. Already intended to buy/preordered GT Sport, will now not buy GT Sport

11 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. Undecided, will now buy GT Sport

28 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. Undecided, still undecided

28 vote(s)
    5.1%
  10. Undecided, will now not buy GT Sport

15 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. Auditore

Auditore

Its easy to miss most of these news with PD being from japan,thanks for the heads up

queleuleu likes this.
  2. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

Is that a GT6 trashcan on the first attachment? :lol:

3. tothesz

tothesz

It could be the symbol of the "new era":D

TheNuvolari likes this.
  4. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Well, I'm now playing GT Sport for real instead of lurking around while other people discuss it. It well...feels like a Gran Turismo game. I would say it's gotten a bit more serious, but it still had that distinct GT vibe about it. The content added to the game over the past year and a half really has shaped it into something that I happily will play for a while.

So far, I completed the Driving School and all golds. In addition to that of course, I got my first sets of prize cars including a Mclaren F1 GTR, Mercedes SLR Mclaren, and a TVR Tuscan. I liked my first daily prize car, being a Renault R.S.01 and all. I enjoyed driving that thing in Project Cars 2 and I think I'll enjoy it here. I think it will be a while before I get into Sport Mode, I haven't even entered the circuit experience yet. Eh, we'll see what happens. :)

5. Clean Racer

Clean Racer

Just curious, .....wheel or controller (DS4)? I hope you continue to enjoy it.:cheers:

6. PettyWingman

PettyWingman

The field temperatures in GT SPORT are --

Scapes, Brand Central, etc...: 20℃ (68°F)
    Race: 15℃ (68°F)

But the temperature meter of the Focus ST mistakenly reads 73°F (about 23℃) in race.
    It normally reads 68°F in Scapes etc.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  7. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Controller.

8. Knukel

Knukel

Knowing how specific some people here are..; I wonder has anyone tried to find or already found a pattern in slipstream strength/effect between cars and car classes? ==> Is it truly unique for each car? Or is it simply just +X% boost to current velocity/performance regardless of the leading car's class or aerodynamics?
    If i had two controllers i'd tune the following car to maintain certain speed at SSRX track, and then keep changing the drafter/leading car..; starting with Gr.B Quattro S1 as a leader with it's huge spoilers.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    DaigoD and omgsean1 like this.
  9. Lee x sensai

Lee x sensai

If you like some new music. Shout Baliwa finding it posting on discord.

Full album

10. Auditore

Auditore

I remember the snoop dogg gran turismo song,it seems rappers favorite racing sim racer is gt :lol:

Auto motors likes this.
  11. Haitauer

Haitauer

All above just happened to be saturdays? looking forward to next saturday the 25th..

12. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I did some back-to-back driving, without recording my times, with the Porsche 962C in GTS and Assetto Corsa yesterday at Brands Hatch and Nurburgring GP. The main differences are that in Assetto Corsa the car is not as stable and the effect of the turbo spooling up to full boost is more apparent. The sound in GTS is fairly accurate but a little tame.
    Polyphony did a fine job with the 962C overall.

When going through the Porsches in Assetto Corsa you sure realise how many wonderful cars we are 'missing' in GTS.

13. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

Uh, I dunno where to post this, but...

Make what you will of this.

14. Stephan

Stephan Premium

I hope someday we get new Daiki Kasho songs for GTS and maybe for the next game if that guy and Daiki Kasho are working on songs and such.

ProjectF likes this.
  15. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

One thing you notice about the main menu of GTSport if you ever played GT6 back then is the fact that it has the similar structure as the course maker app:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also all new pit stops since Le Mans Update:

16. courageC60

courageC60

Maybe a Spec 2.0 Opening Movie Update like in GT6. They should remake the Opening Movie to showcase all the new cars and tracks they have since added...

17. GTV0819

GTV0819

Well, that opening could take long if they are going to consider showcasing all new cars and tracks they've added but why not lol. :lol:

ProjectF and courageC60 like this.
  18. Titzon Toast

Titzon Toast

Just ordered a copy of this from FleaBay the other day.
    I'm really looking forward to getting back into GT again.
    Is the FFB any good?

19. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

So this has been posted in the reddit forum:

Warning: contains foul language.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2019
  20. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Okay, more of my experience.

I'm most definitely glad I waited over a year to buy this game on the count the GT League mode feels quite substantial now. I also seemed to not have paid enough attention to the updates as I thought when lurking around this section of the forums as I noticed something else. PD actually brought back the idea of multi-level events like in GT2 & 3. What I mean is that there's for instance a FR Challenge on both the Beginner and Amateur league, where the Amateur League gives a new section of tracks with faster A.I. cars. That was something I really missed from Gran Turismo 3. The seems like now that it's longer than Gran Turismo 6's GT mode, though part of that might be due to the endurance events. I'm glad to also see a lot more races per event in comparison to GT6. In Gran Turismo 6, events would often have just 2-3 races or 5 at max. Here though, I entered Sunday Cup and find myself having to do 7 races.

Anyway, I'm glad to now be building my garage. Doing the missions and circuit experience challenges definitely help a lot with that. However, I have managed to get my first couple of duplicates. I won a Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe and Renault R.S.01 twice, hehe.

MarchingSaint likes this.
  21. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Am I the only one that uses hood/roof view and noticed that there is a sound glitch when you look behind you, then look forward again? Sound level drops slightly looking back, then when you look forward again it doesn't change back.

Also, several times I have finished a league race online and my curser is invisible so it's almost impossible to navigate the menus.

TheProRacer, Pubs16 and Need4Speed685 like this.
  22. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

Pressing start usually mitigates this issue. A bit annoying sometimes, though.

R1600Turbo likes this.
  23. 05XR8

05XR8

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  24. GT6mebe

GT6mebe

GT7 OST coming along nicely

25. The_Red_Devil

The_Red_Devil

Any new Updates coming up this month ?

26. courageC60

courageC60

Well maybe not all of them, but a few...

27. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Add the 2019 nascar's and Daytona and they'll have way more players playing the game on a consistent basis. I still can't believe they removed nascar after how popular it was on GT5 and GT6.

28. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

Ah, who would have thought that a reddit user would be the first to notice this? :lol:

SDSPOWER01 likes this.
  29. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Daytona I can sympathize but Nascar is easily explainable since they only wanted their cars appears in their official game now like the WRC and Formula 1.

30. Sportmats

Sportmats

No. The dev-team has since many months ago showed that they have given up on this title. Putting out updates sometimes with no cars and tracks at all. I think that prove a lot whats going on.