Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
What does the tweet mean with May: Woodcote, June: Woodcote? (like yes that's a Silverstone corner, but what does that have to do with May and June?
I think GTC is referring to the locations of Goodwood and Silverstone since both tracks are located near in Woodcote.

I think GTC is referring to the locations of Goodwood and Silverstone since both tracks are located near in Woodcote.

Oh jeez, is that really the level of rumours now?

Like yeah, Silverstone might come to the game, but so far there has been no continuity of track additions to the game in relation to location. The guess of Silverstone based on 4 gaps, and 4 different layouts, at least makes sense.

Oh jeez, is that really the level of rumours now?

Like yeah, Silverstone might come to the game, but so far there has been no continuity of track additions to the game in relation to location. The guess of Silverstone based on 4 gaps, and 4 different layouts, at least makes sense.
Who knows? When you do a Google search that says "race tracks in Woodcote" and immediately it shows Silverstone.

It's best you ask him in Twitter instead.

If we are all correct about Silverstone coming next, that leaves us with 6 World locations available in GT6 that have yet to come to Sport including:
*Ascari
*Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
*Daytona International Speedway
*Indianapolis Motor Speedway
*Twin Ring Motegi
*WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
(f.k.a. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca)

Goodwood Hillclimb is listed as a location, although that will be a layout due to Goodwood Motor Circuit arriving under the Goodwood moniker implying the Hillclimb will come to Sport in the future.

Firstly, I've always anticipated that Silverstone would be in GT Sport (I'm fairly sure I've posted as such) and still expect that to hold true.
But many questions run through my head regarding that tweet.

Where did the word Woodcote come from?
Where did the word Variant come from?
Why does the track need to be FIA certified?
Why would they run 5 FIA races within 17 days all at the same venue?
And why is there a 5 year old picture being used?

*All rhetorical questions. I'm not looking for answers.*

Silverstone would be very well. Especially if we get the different variants. They all feel quite different and suit different types of car.

This more applies to the Controller than anything else. There absolutely are ‘assists’ behind the scenes smoothing out your inputs and preventing you from scrubbing your tires constantly, among other things. This is why Pcars and AC drive so much worse on the controller, because they are more direct. I mean do you really think the average person can drive an LMP1 to record breaking lap times with a tiny joystick and a couple buttons, in an entirely analogue setting lol. No way.

In my opinion, what makes a game a simcade (GT or otherwise) more than anything else are the lack of settings and physics implementations to go along with them. GTS doesn’t even let you alter your car settings in its premier online competition mode. Reason being, they want it to be accessible to as many people as possible, and that access makes it a very popular game.

I think GT players take issue with this because it somehow cheapens their abilities in their eyes. I don’t think of it that way, this game has a very high skill ceiling.

Might be true on a controller, but what about when using a wheel and pedals?

Monaco please ?
Just watching the F1 in Monaco, I miss this track, along with a lot of other tracks, it would be nice for once if Kaz would
let us know what's coming down the pipeline,
it feels like they are holding back the best for GT7 despite the official reasons
Anyway, Gran Turismo Sport is still my favorite game though and the best GT to date :)👍
Can PDi please put Monaco back ?

Errrrrr cars and tracks!!! :dopey::dopey::lol::cheers: I hope you enjoy all the new stuff man, I am! ;)

The first i played this 5 days ago, i was disoriented with the new menu (coming from GT6 last played 2 years ago or so...) It was downright overwhelming... but man very progressively, it am starting to love every single minute of it... Looking forward to enjoying some more...
i regret for playing it so late 2 years after everyone else... i just didn't have time before now...

Anyway, i made a point that the first car i will buy in GTS would be my dream car IRL:
8503455887213463080_23.jpg

I think it is more than that...

View attachment 824595

It means they left the old studio for good? Or is this just secondary studio?

PDi upgrading their location is definite good sign of better things to come for us....

The future is bright for GT...

Off-topic, I'm back giving my input about Gran Turismo Sport. I actually do find some fun in endurance races so far, at least when they're not too long. Planning to do things like when to do tire changes and fill-ups gives these races an extra layer of challenge. However, I still don't think I'll do these all of the time, I still prefer shorter races.

Also, I think I now get the full idea of why Gr.X is a problem. Aside from custom races and a few events in GT-League; there's little use of cars in this class and that annoys me. It really annoys me as I think there's pontential for fun racing classes with some cars in this class. I.E. pinning a Mclaren P1 GTR against the Pagani Zonda R and Renault R.S.01 (regular version, not the GT3).

Need advice, i have raced a gr3 car for a long time. Practicing for the nations event i tried a different car and i was nearly a second faster in the second lap and never raced that car before. Does that mean i should sign for the old car that am use to or go for the new gr3 car that i took better? If the Lancer evo or WRX were made into MR cars i would stay with them but the mclaren, ferrari and citroen i seem to have taken too. If only the lancer evo gr3 had the same mr as the mclaren it would be a much better gr3 car. Shame the Lotus isnt here otherwise i would sign for lotus. I can only handle cars made for cornering and not straight line speed, so far the lancer, mclaren, ferrari, citroen and huracan i am best at. Other cars i spin and loose control.

Lately i'm doing a lot of "long" events. Trying out different combinations of cars- tracks, time of the day even! The devil is in the details.
There's a comfy little race that i've set up yesterday with GR1 cars. 50 laps around tokyo southern inner loop, fuel and tire consumption set to 4 and 6 respectively. If you start at the back with the Toyota it's a nice little challenge. The race itself was enoyable, even though i spent the first half of the race as emergency tirewall for the peugeot. Very reminiscent of the early endurance races of GT1/GT2. Wish more tracks had a night "version".
8359315328958759960_0.jpg

(i'm the one in the back desperately gasping for some slipstream :scared: shame you can't see the fancy castrol livery i made.)

Lately i'm doing a lot of "long" events. Trying out different combinations of cars- tracks, time of the day even! The devil is in the details.
There's a comfy little race that i've set up yesterday with GR1 cars. 50 laps around tokyo southern inner loop, fuel and tire consumption set to 4 and 6 respectively. If you start at the back with the Toyota it's a nice little challenge. The race itself was enoyable, even though i spent the first half of the race as emergency tirewall for the peugeot. Very reminiscent of the early endurance races of GT1/GT2. Wish more tracks had a night "version".
8359315328958759960_0.jpg

(i'm the one in the back desperately gasping for some slipstream :scared: shame you can't see the fancy castrol livery i made.)

Are the GT1 racing cars from the 1998 to 2009 era coming to gt sport?

What does the tweet mean with May: Woodcote, June: Woodcote? (like yes that's a Silverstone corner, but what does that have to do with May and June?

Deep Forest Raceway is coming too. Statement from polyphony digital said they are making deep forest raceway. In manufacturers theres slots with no tracks there, my guess is deep forest raceway and silverstone. All hope for spa is gone but saying that its fun its not as people want it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the GT1 racing cars from the 1998 to 2009 era coming to gt sport?
I have no idea, even though the addition of the '95 F1 might foreshadow more cars from that era (like back in the day the C9 and 787 did)
I meant Gran Turismo 1 and 2 by the way, not the racing class per se.

Deep Forest Raceway is coming too
True, unless they add more than one track this month (which i doubt) i don't think they'll use just one track for 5 full events. Unless it has various layouts, hence Silverstone comes to mind

Deep Forest Raceway is coming too. Statement from polyphony digital said they are making deep forest raceway. In manufacturers theres slots with no tracks there, my guess is deep forest raceway and silverstone. All hope for spa is gone but saying that its fun its not as people want it lol.

There is no confirmed news so stop treating it as confirmed news that 'Deep Forest is coming too'.

Quote from Kaz, 18 months ago, “We are already working on Deep Forest; we actually have the data for Deep Forest that runs on Gran Turismo Sport but it does have some problems.”

That doesn't mean it is definitely coming, especially not related specifically to an update in the next few weeks. I'm sure there's loads of stuff they started to develop, or have origins for, that hasn't come yet, or may never come. It isn't official confirmation.

And there is no confirmation about Silverstone. It is just rumoured because people were trying to think of a real life FIA Track with multiple layouts, suitable for a mix of cars, that's it. It may come, it may not.

Treating rumours as 99% confirmed is exactly why the stupid Spa stuff happened. People said it was coming just because someone said so, and guess what? GTSport still doesn't have that track.

Back