Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
New Track ?
l9L3cdy.jpg
Hmmmmmm

I'll predict Twin Ring Motegi this time... if not this month, I think it's safe to say it will come at some point to GT Sport..... unlike.... Spa...

Blancpain 24hs of Spa this weekend.

Just sayin'...
I'm still waiting for Sebring from when people said 'Sebring is coming up so...'. I wish you were right but you could find a connection which means nothing pretty much every time a new circuit listing appears.

I'm 100% ok with Motegi being added.
So would I. Motegi was always an enjoyable circuit.

You think that will be coming next week ? Crossing fingers for Spa

Salut, there is no mention of GranTurismo... Plus the car being used don't seem to be in GT games, so I wonder if they are using pCars Pro ? Or what ?!!?
GT Sport will be used as a main game of the championship.

I wonder if in the next game, the concept of Sport Mode (i.e. ranked multiplayer) should mainly be for various championships, with single races being more casual like GT6’s quick match? In that regard, the standard parameters for Sport Mode could include damage usually being on in some capacity, championship-level penalties, and so on - including taking time off a penalized player’s finishing time, instead of using the zones or letting them slow down mid-race to take a penalty off. And the DR/SR system could stay, but would be independent per championship. The only single races in this hypothetical successor to Sport Mode would be stuff akin to the Nurburgring 24h (not that such a race would actually have that duration in mind) where it could be a multi-class race where it’s part of a championship for some players, while being a single race for others.

Love Rosewood metallic. Changes in sunlight
57-24.jpg

Although, the first 930 T I saw, was at The 1984 New York Auto Show. Dark green(my favorite color) 930 T with gold BBS RS(like the car in the pick below, even the same interior- that's an '89 though). It had a custom Kenwood stereo and was playing "Your Love is King" by Sade. The perfect 911 of all time, in my opinion.
3949173.jpg

57-24.jpg

Although, the first 930 T I saw, was at The 1984 New York Auto Show. Dark green(my favorite color) 930 T with gold BBS RS(like the car in the pick below, even the same interior- that's an '89 though). It had a custom Kenwood stereo and was playing "Your Love is King" by Sade. The perfect 911 of all time, in my opinion.
3949173.jpg

Thanks for the reminder/idea

Will have the entire Sade discography played while driving the 930t ;)

57-24.jpg

3949173.jpg
I don't know why but I noticed that this Porsche mostly looked more appealing in dark colors than bright ones.

They still do in my opinion. Ive seen a brittish racing green and a dark smokey bronze 991 driving around in my city and theyre both genuinely stunning, in a way which I never thought the 991 was.

For a long time I have waited for the next great, fun, realistic, Endurance series. Well it never showed up, so we did it ourselves. It is the result of a collaboration of drivers of all ability levels to challenge the Alien and please the Gentleman driver. We have picked two very popular car classes, the 2016 GT500s (Group 2)and the GT3 ( Group 3). We have scheduled it to draw from all over the world, Sunday afternoons at 1330 Central US. Read the introduction below and post here if you are interested

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-endurance-world-tour.388889/

Seeing as its on your account (and the servers are cloud based if I'm not mistaken), pretty sure they'll carry right over if such a thing were to happen. Not too sure about replays or pictures but I would think your achievements, rank and stats would basically be safe.
Thank you, that’s my thinking. On the one hand, having to begin all over would certainly make for an aggressive race to the top. On the other hand, it would cost hours to have to go all the way through the missions, campaign, arcade, circuit challenge, etc. I’d prefer not to have to but there are pros and cons to both. I’d suspect the majority of serious people playing now, will likely be the same faces playing in the future. With some new faces and exceptions of course. I’m looking forward to the next generation. I’m curious if there will be cross compatibility for those hold-outs that just don’t have the resources to buy the new console and are S or A rated.

Thank you, that’s my thinking. On the one hand, having to begin all over would certainly make for an aggressive race to the top. On the other hand, it would cost hours to have to go all the way through the missions, campaign, arcade, circuit challenge, etc. I’d prefer not to have to but there are pros and cons to both. I’d suspect the majority of serious people playing now, will likely be the same faces playing in the future. With some new faces and exceptions of course. I’m looking forward to the next generation. I’m curious if there will be cross compatibility for those hold-outs that just don’t have the resources to buy the new console and are S or A rated.
They are certain to claim network/anything else the can think of, excuses why that can't happen because they want you to buy the new machine, wouldn't you think?

They are certain to claim network/anything else the can think of, excuses why that can't happen because they want you to buy the new machine, wouldn't you think?
I’m certain that’s Sony’s strategy, no doubt about it. Pretty soon a lot of people are going to have a rack full of consoles that all sit in perfect working condition but are basically useless. It’s such a waste.

Back