Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Your explanation of your problem is not quite clear. I assume you want the decals to not show.

The first suggestion would be for you in the Livery Editor to choose "Hide" from the option menu for the decals which show undesirably. This method would preserve the decals & their alterations should you want to return to the previous paint.

Decals for every workspace seem always to be higher in Z order relative to any surface finish whether or not it be one which accepts paint.

Hope this helps.

The forum has an expansive livery editor subforum which you might explore. Your issues & questions likely would receive better & more focused attention there.

This is what i mean. I couldn't find a way to shape the inner area of the door handle with a precise shape to paint it black so the rest of the car body will look smooth when i paint it a new colour.

There is a black shape on the door handle area, when i hide the layered decals around the black shape as you can see in the 2nd photo, the shape shows up over the paint of the car.

This is why all the other decals you see are layered around the black area to hide the mess of the shape so it isn't exposed when the car is painted.

It needs to look like the whole door handle is genuinly black and inside it. Its hard for me to explain.

If i try hiding the layers they just disappear exposing the shape over the top of the paint.

I need a way to be able to paint the car any special colour without these shapes showing through it. But i'm stumped on how to do it.

Attachments

• 20190917_215057.jpg
    20190917_215057.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 53
  • 20190917_220311.jpg
    20190917_220311.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I couldn't find a way to shape the inner area of the door handle with a precise shape to paint it black so the rest of the car body will look smooth when i paint it a new colour.

I need a way to be able to paint the car any special colour without these shapes showing through it. But i'm stumped on how to do it.

I have discovered your other thread in the Livery Editor forum & will respond there. I wanted to assure you I was not ignoring your problem after just a single response.

Hopefully you can solve this decal issue.

I do wonder why they changed the names of the Fuji layouts in an update - maybe they stopped using the "GT" and "F" names in real life? I was also curious as to why they changed the "bought car" music. I think the new one feels a bit more cheery, so I could see why they changed it.

Just seen this and wow... Feels weird seeing this car now compared to GT Sport

The “Supra” in that video is similar to the GT Sport Supras only in name. That’s a GT500 Supra, which means it’s based around a carbon monocoque designed and built by DOME (yes, that DOME), and is running a 2.0 Litre In-line 4 with a monstrous turbo that pumps out around 600-700bhp (rumour is that the ICE units in GT500 cars produce about the same HP as the ICE units in F1 cars. F1 cars get their extra hp from all the recovery and battery wizardry).

I also wouldn’t expect a GT500 Supra in a GT game until at least the end of the 2020 racing season. Super GT is a big deal in Japan, it’s a big deal to the 3 Japanese manufacturers, and they take the aerodynamics of those cars very seriously. I remember a couple years back, Dino from SpeedHunters did a photo shoot of one of the Lexus RCF GT500 cars, and he had a Toyota official with him telling him what he could and could not photograph (it was at Fuji during a test session before the season started). Basically the entire back end of the car was off limits to Dino, as Toyota didn’t want details of their diffuser being made public before the season started.

So since that Supra doesn’t debut until next year’s racing season, I can’t see Toyota letting PD near it until the season is over (or at least well under way). Who knows though, maybe PD will make a non-accurate, generic, “PD version” of the GT500 Supra.

Personally, I’d rather them wait until end of 2020, then do a massive GT500 update that includes the new Supra, and Gr2 BMWs, Audis, and Aston Martins from DTM (DTM cars and Super GT cars are built on the same monocoque, and the two series are going to have cross-over events in the next few years).

Yeah, I agree that Gr.2 would be best-defined by "shell series" like the JGTC/Super GT and DTM. I wonder if South American stock cars could be part of that group, too? Not sure if they have comparable power, though. But it'd be nice if one of the Mercedes cars from DTM could be added, even if it'd potentially be from before the Super GT/DTM merge.

What'd also be interesting, is where Super Silhouette/Group 5/DTMeisterschaft could fit it. Maybe a "Historic Gr.2," since I think DTMasters are a better fit for Gr.2, and the older DTMeisterschaft wouldn't gel as well.

It also seems to me that FIA GT1 is gonna be placed with other Gr.3 cars, as we can see with the McLaren F1 GTR, so I could see the CLK-GTR and R390 GT1 being placed there, too, with LMGTP cars like the TS020 going into Gr.1, especially with Gr.1 being defined by including various sports prototypes.

In that regard, I could see Can-Am cars being added as a "Historic Gr.1" group, maybe even alongside the 1960s prototypes that are already in Gr.X like the Ford Mk.IV and Ferrari 330 P4. I'm quite sure that if BoP also accounted for final gear ratio and downforce, there'd be a lot less flak for placing various cars together, and even less if N-series cars would be ineligible to compete in an N-class when the car in question is not part of the class without changing its power, like how we can see with the X-Bow R and S-FR Racing Concept. Here's how I'd tackle BoP & tuning permissions, in a summary of sorts:

BoP on, tuning disabled = N-series cars can only enter if they come stock as part of that class. In addition to power/weight, the final gear ratio and both downforce values are also changed.

BoP on, tuning enabled = N-series cars can enter even if they don't come part of that group as stock. BoP will also only affect power/weight, and all other metrics may be eligible for tuning.

However, in some cases, only some areas may be tunable, such as the general transmission as a whole, or maybe just the ride height in particular, or a combination thereof while still leaving some tuning options disabled. I think this could simply be titled "Setting Partially Enabled." There could even be limits placed on each metric, much like how you can set a minimum weight/maximum power, except I think there should be the option to set a range for those stats, too, instead of just one end of a limitation.

In both cases, I think it may be best if BoP results in the affected stats being as similar as possible for each car. And that these post-BoP stats should be readily available to be viewed on the official website, as well as the app, and perhaps in-game without needing the player to enter an event first. This would also include the BoP stats that apply to ovals.

Last edited:
This is what first came to mind for me.

Wow, this has just reminded me...Wasn't this one of the tracks you could glitch online, to make it snow instead of rain ? I'm certain I've played against friends on this track online, but with a full on snow storm instead of rain. It looked stunning from the inside-the-car view :)

Yeah, I agree that Gr.2 would be best-defined by "shell series" like the JGTC/Super GT and DTM. I wonder if South American stock cars could be part of that group, too? Not sure if they have comparable power, though. But it'd be nice if one of the Mercedes cars from DTM could be added, even if it'd potentially be from before the Super GT/DTM merge.

What'd also be interesting, is where Super Silhouette/Group 5/DTMeisterschaft could fit it. Maybe a "Historic Gr.2," since I think DTMasters are a better fit for Gr.2, and the older DTMeisterschaft wouldn't gel as well.

It also seems to me that FIA GT1 is gonna be placed with other Gr.3 cars, as we can see with the McLaren F1 GTR, so I could see the CLK-GTR and R390 GT1 being placed there, too, with LMGTP cars like the TS020 going into Gr.1, especially with Gr.1 being defined by including various sports prototypes.

In that regard, I could see Can-Am cars being added as a "Historic Gr.1" group, maybe even alongside the 1960s prototypes that are already in Gr.X like the Ford Mk.IV and Ferrari 330 P4. I'm quite sure that if BoP also accounted for final gear ratio and downforce, there'd be a lot less flak for placing various cars together, and even less if N-series cars would be ineligible to compete in an N-class when the car in question is not part of the class without changing its power, like how we can see with the X-Bow R and S-FR Racing Concept. Here's how I'd tackle BoP & tuning permissions, in a summary of sorts:

BoP on, tuning disabled = N-series cars can only enter if they come stock as part of that class. In addition to power/weight, the final gear ratio and both downforce values are also changed.

BoP on, tuning enabled = N-series cars can enter even if they don't come part of that group as stock. BoP will also only affect power/weight, and all other metrics may be eligible for tuning.

However, in some cases, only some areas may be tunable, such as the general transmission as a whole, or maybe just the ride height in particular, or a combination thereof while still leaving some tuning options disabled. I think this could simply be titled "Setting Partially Enabled." There could even be limits placed on each metric, much like how you can set a minimum weight/maximum power, except I think there should be the option to set a range for those stats, too, instead of just one end of a limitation.

In both cases, I think it may be best if BoP results in the affected stats being as similar as possible for each car. And that these post-BoP stats should be readily available to be viewed on the official website, as well as the app, and perhaps in-game without needing the player to enter an event first. This would also include the BoP stats that apply to ovals.
Long story short, the race car classification in GTS is a disaster. They’ve tried to lump so many random cars into the same group and then magically BoP them against one another that it completely destroys any realism and immersion, leaving the impression that the cars are actually nothing more than skins at this point.

If PD is going to keep adding historic racecars, and I hope they do, then they need to introduce the proper categories for those cars, not shoe-horn them into existing categories.

There needs to be categories for TCR/BTCC type cars, GT4, GT3, DTM/SuperGT, and then LMP1-H. If they want to add cars like the TS020, the R390, CLK GTR, 911 GT1, etc etc, then they need to add that category to the game, not magically BoP them against cars that are 20 years newer, or group them with Group C cars that are 20 years older. PCARS did this right, in that they have LMP1, LMP2, LMP3, LMP900, FIA GT1, Group C, GTO, Group 4, Group 5, Group 6, Group A, TC, TC1, all as separate categories, plus half a dozen “vintage” catagories.

Personally I’d love to see some of the IMSA GTO cars from the 80s and early 90s, but in their own category. I’d love to see some of the Group 5 Silhouette cars from the 70s, but in their own category. The 3 existing vintage Le Mans prototypes in GrX should be in their own “Vintage Prototype” category.

As far as mixing TC1 cars (DTM and GT500) with Brazilian stock cars, I’m definitely not in favour of that. You have to remember that TC1 cars are wicked fast, and the GT500 cars in particular produce mega downforce (GT500 has open development of aero outside of some standard components, whereas DTM has much more controlled and restrictive aero regs). GT500 cars are as fast, if not faster, than the LMP2 cars that race in WEC and at Le Mans. If PD wanted to expand the Gr2 group to include more than DTM and GT500, the best option would be the DPi cars from IMSA, along with the FIA LMP2 cars. In real life, these cars produce relatively similar lap times, and it wouldn’t be a massive stretch to BoP them against one another. Knowing PD though, they’d probably stick the DPi cars in Gr1 just because they have a similar shape to LMP1 cars, never mind the fact that they’re a whole category lower.

I could see Brazilian stock cars being a much closer match to both Aussie V8 Supercars, and/or NASCAR (or some variation of a North American stock car). Trans-Am cars might be a decent fit for that kind of category as well.

I’d argue that unsual combinations of cars helps with GT’s appeal both as a game and as something to spectate. I agree that it’s a bit of a mess at the moment, but I think some tweaks could help mitigate a lot of the issues. For example, if BoP also affected downforce and final gear ratio, I think it’d be a lot more bearable to see Group C racers alongside the VGTs/LMPs, as the former is better in straights while the latter is best at retaining speed through turns.

As it stands, I don’t think BoP affecting just power/weight will be enough, and I think it’d be too complex to have every setting be changed by BoP, and/or have BoP values vary by course.

Also, I’d imagine that LMP2 & DPi cars would be added to Gr.1 since that group is designated for sports prototypes. But I agree that there’d definitely need to be some changes to the overall BoP system. I think if any LMP2/DPi cars are added, it’d be so some automakers could have Gr.1 representation, like Cadillac, Chevrolet, Lotus, and MG. I’d be happy to see the Nissan and Mazda DPi cars, too.

Last edited:
Wow, this has just reminded me...Wasn't this one of the tracks you could glitch online, to make it snow instead of rain ? I'm certain I've played against friends on this track online, but with a full on snow storm instead of rain. It looked stunning from the inside-the-car view :)

Just a rare chance of it happening as far as I could tell. Turning rain on and off enough and it'll appear eventually. I miss the snow it was really cool.

I'd like to see Gr.3/Gr.4 cars changed to rwd only. It works for Gr.3. Change the categories like how the Daily race is with FF only. Make AWD only as well. There are enough models in the FF and AWD classes.

Long story short, the race car classification in GTS is a disaster. They’ve tried to lump so many random cars into the same group and then magically BoP them against one another that it completely destroys any realism and immersion, leaving the impression that the cars are actually nothing more than skins at this point.
It's one of the fundamental flaws with GT Sport. I don't understand why it was done in such a pathetic way, because you can't just put GT3 cars with vehicles from old categories and make it work. This needs a massive overhaul in the next game to make the classes balanced and, most importantly, reasonable. GT1 cars racing against GT1 cars, GT2 cars against GT2 cars and Group C cars against Group C cars.

I think everyone sees this already... I'm sure PD realise this too but they are fixed into what they have.

I notice these things are unveiled:

2020SuperGTCars.jpeg

It would not surprise me if PD actually does release all these unceremonously in an update but in the end, having 2020, 2016 and 2008 cars mixed together just makes for a mess that just isnt fun as it is.

At the very least they need to run a bit more granualrity say, GR.2 (2008) and a GR.(2020) class.

And then of course Gr.1 has to be broken up like as if the SEC was in charge.

I can’t help but to think that maybe I should just wait for the next GT game. I’m not too sure if competitive modes like Sport Mode is really for me. Even if I do decent, I feel like I’d be happier with the overall options that could potentially be coming to the next title, both for online features (and especially unranked stuff like lobbies) and for customizing the cars, rulesets, etc.

It just seems so overwhelming. I’m of the view that games should be either entertaining, educational, or a combination thereof, and I feel like a lot of what I learn about driving & tuning isn’t from the game itself but through here instead. I’m feeling a little better lately in my personal life otherwise but I’m not sure if competitive, ranked multiplayer modes is what’s best for me right now. And especially when I think there’s a lot of space for improvment, yeah.

I suppose I just wanna move onto the next game on my backlog, at least.

I think everyone sees this already... I'm sure PD realise this too but they are fixed into what they have.

I notice these things are unveiled:

2020SuperGTCars.jpeg

It would not surprise me if PD actually does release all these unceremonously in an update but in the end, having 2020, 2016 and 2008 cars mixed together just makes for a mess that just isnt fun as it is.

At the very least they need to run a bit more granualrity say, GR.2 (2008) and a GR.(2020) class.

And then of course Gr.1 has to be broken up like as if the SEC was in charge.
My theory from a few pages up
We got the '16 GT500 cars in 2018? Six months after game release? The Supra concept debuted in January this year. Keep in mind, even the NSX is brand new with an FR layout next year. So, it's September now. Maybe we get them(Supra, NSX, GT-R) next year March/April.

Just a bit more insight as to my reasoning. https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019/09/11/honda-nissan-toyota-unveil-class-1-cars/

Let's say PD have these three modeled. The performance could be calculated theoretically already. I think it's in the Supra thread or here where it mentions PD modeled the Supra for Toyota bosses, to see how it drives before being built. So, having the basic models and physics done, liveries would probably be the last thing:

With the NSX testing at a later date, as per above, that could also be a time for PD to finalise physics/performance for that car. Plenty of time to release these cars by March/April. :)

@GTPNewsWire Updated website with the latest presentation.
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/publications/

̶R̶e̶g̶i̶s̶t̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶e̶n̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶.̶

https://we.tl/t-YedHl6oizu

Edit: the first link to CESA requires registration but the presentation material can be freely downloaded on the same Polyphony website

My knowledge of programming and Japanese is limited but it seems that it focuses on the procedural creation of buildings and cities.

In another presentation I think they simulate the organic growth of vegetation to create landscapes also procedurally.

Last edited:
The more I see of all tech PD is developing, the more I would wish to see them released of Gran Turismo for a while and got another Type of game from them

:lol: That's a fair point.

Will Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus Appear in Gran Turismo?

Q : Has Polyphony Digital gotten in touch with you guys to feature you on Gran Turismo, either as an update on Sport or in the next game?
A : We simply want to be paid what they pay others...
A : When they pay us a fair royalty they can come by.
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/scuderia-...8lXbLL1YtZV6JmEhLhuFBMmIZ4T2T7JkPVyipMjwAFEqV
This could answer many people's questions of why "X" car isn't in the game(s).

̶R̶e̶g̶i̶s̶t̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶e̶n̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶.̶

Edit: the first link to CESA requires registration but the presentation material can be freely downloaded on the same Polyphony website

In another presentation I think they simulate the organic growth of vegetation to create landscapes also procedurally.

But why? That seems like an extravagant way to create a landscape.

My knowledge of programming and Japanese is limited but it seems that it focuses on the procedural creation of buildings and cities.

Isn't that the Sierra track path editor template from GT6? Very interesting.

Back