Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Hey guys. Still pretty new to GTS and this fine forum.

Is here a place to exchange PSN IDs? I´d love to have some average joe reference times in my leaderboards and not only the 10 fastest drivers in the world.

Last edited:
So from what I heard, both the Special/Clubman Stage courses from the PS2 & PS3-era games were entirely fictional, as were the Tokyo Expressway courses, but both are interpretations of various Tokyo highways. I don't mind too much if the Special/Clubman Stage courses are left behind, but I do hope SS7 is re-interpreted in another Tokyo Expressway layout - perhaps if there ends up being a North or West layout. I also wonder if there should be more interesting architecture? I did like the docks seen in the South configuration, but I'm hoping that a North layout could let us see something like the Tokyo Sky Tree, that is if we don't get its take on the rainbow bridge. I think SS7 was meant to be an interpretation of that - but I can also see how some could argue that SS7's layout is relatively bland.

But between a hypothetical West and North layout, I'd love to see more variety in the scenery, as well as other elements of the Tokyo highways being brought in. I can see the appeal of taking real-world road layouts (as seen with R246), but I could see why PD would want to try something a little more original, with mixing elements of real-world roads into making a completely fictional course. I'm not too sure, myself - I think there's plenty of real-world roads that've never been combined into a track (or point-to-point course) that I think would be great to drive, as well as providing great scenery from the real world. But on the other hand, just recreating the Tokyo highways seems a bit too obvious, in a way. But they're also really pretty and look like fun to drive on, too! It's not like we're gonna get a new Shutoko Battle game anytime soon, anyway. And I think it'd be great if we could branch off into other courses like those games do, and like how there were exit signs in some Special Stage courses to other layouts, and how via hacking, one could drive on the roads outside those courses. So I really don't know. Maybe they could bring back R246, and then also recreate more of the highway, where the classic R246 would just be one of several layouts.

I do really hope we get that additional layout for SSRX, though, either in GTS or the next game. That closed-off highway that branches off shortly after the start almost seems like it's taunting me, haha. I don't mind if the Test Course gets entirely replaced with SSRX, either, as they seem to have enough overlap that I see the former as being redundant compared to the latter's better scenery and potential for additional layouts.

They’ll never do it, but a layout update with three new layouts (Inner SSX, Bugatti for Sarthe, hill climb for Goodwood) would be a solid addition to round out some of these tracks.

I think it could be good for the next game, at least. Yeah, those would all be great. But I could still see GTS getting something akin to a Tokyo Expressway West and/or North layout, which uses additional elements of the Tokyo highway system, like that bridge. I see the Tokyo Expressway tracks are being a successor to the Special Stage tracks, if you ask me, as they both seem to be based on Tokyo highways. Not sure if this would mean R246 would become ineligible to be added, though, since it's based on actual roads. Perhaps instead, there could be a reinterpretation of R246 in the vein of Tokyo Expressway?

Hey guys. Still pretty new to GTS and this fine forum.

Is here a place to exchange PSN IDs? I´d love to have some average joe reference times in my leaderboards and not only the 10 fastest drivers in the world.

Me too, my psn name is the exact same as my username on here. Also in my sig is my stats on gts, would love to see how I compare to some other new guys.

I’m new as well, only had the game 2 weeks, and damn do I love it.

Also, was there a source to this image I once saw that depicted the Toyota FT-1 Concept as being in N500? And I think all cars should have as many stats filled out as possible, so that we don’t have cars that ostensibly have no listed weight, power, etc.

Me too, my psn name is the exact same as my username on here. Also in my sig is my stats on gts, would love to see how I compare to some other new guys.

I’m new as well, only had the game 2 weeks, and damn do I love it.

Coolio. I´ll add you later.

Server down? I couldn't upload my race video to YouTube and now GTS website has an error when I try to log in after it's logged me out.
An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #227.3234dfad.1568380585.2509ed
Everything else of mine is working(other games, social media, etc).

Also, was there a source to this image I once saw that depicted the Toyota FT-1 Concept as being in N500? And I think all cars should have as many stats filled out as possible, so that we don’t have cars that ostensibly have no listed weight, power, etc.
I don’t have that but the Vulcan and i3 were supposed to be in Gr.X and N200 respectively. It’s in the GT Sport Official car list.

2B56D820-D7C7-41D8-BF1A-65173C323802.jpeg

29CE81C8-2822-4218-813E-B06788E88600.jpeg

Tokyo in the wet sounds ... interesting.

I didn't see the race and I don't know if the rain applies to all Tokyo variations, but my first thought was 'using heavy wets through fast sweepers in dry tunnels'.
It will be interesting to see how the cars (or more to the point, the tyres) handle this situation.

I’m kinda bummed the next track to get rain is Tokyo Expressway... It’s already a track were your DR and SR go to die basically, imagine how much worse it’ll be in the wet.... Would have personally preferred, when they release Spa, to have it both dry and wet, or adding a wet version of Nürburgring or Le Sarthe...

:(Oh crap. I am having an issue with livery painting and decals. So i painted the lambo countach door handle area black. It took me ages with shaping decals and painting them red. Now when i paint the car a nice special colour, the decal lines ans shapes show over the top of the paint. Meh. What do i do ??

I’m kinda bummed the next track to get rain is Tokyo Expressway... It’s already a track were your DR and SR go to die basically, imagine how much worse it’ll be in the wet.... Would have personally preferred, when they release Spa, to have it both dry and wet, or adding a wet version of Nürburgring or Le Sarthe...
It's already a layout which forces you to finesse the car around most of the track, not just for the tighter corners. It's similar to RBR in that regard. Next, Brands Hatch. If they ever add rain to Dragon Trail Seaside, I'm abandoning that track. The chicane of horrors for me.

How does one know what the fuel capacity is for each car? And/or the typical rate of fuel depletion, especially for hybrids?

I think all cars should have as many stats filled out as possible, so that we don’t have cars that ostensibly have no listed weight, power, etc.
Concerning unspecified stats for garage cars, I use an indirect method of inferring these.

In my garage I will sort my cars based on the unknown stat to be examined. By using the previous & the next car in the order, I can estimate the unknown value. If the car value is one which can be changed, e.g. power or weight, then I can adjust the adjacent garage entries to more closely approximate the unknown value for the desired car.

:(Oh crap. I am having an issue with livery painting and decals. So i painted the lambo countach door handle area black. It took me ages with shaping decals and painting them red. Now when i paint the car a nice special colour, the decal lines ans shapes show over the top of the paint. Meh. What do i do ??
Your explanation of your problem is not quite clear. I assume you want the decals to not show.

The first suggestion would be for you in the Livery Editor to choose "Hide" from the option menu for the decals which show undesirably. This method would preserve the decals & their alterations should you want to return to the previous paint.

Decals for every workspace seem always to be higher in Z order relative to any surface finish whether or not it be one which accepts paint.

Hope this helps.

The forum has an expansive livery editor subforum which you might explore. Your issues & questions likely would receive better & more focused attention there.

Concerning unspecified stats for garage cars, I use an indirect method of inferring these.

In my garage I will sort my cars based on the unknown stat to be examined. By using the previous & the next car in the order, I can estimate the unknown value. If the car value is one which can be changed, e.g. power or weight, then I can adjust the adjacent garage entries to more closely approximate the unknown value for the desired car.

Very clever work-around! But I do wish these things were official, too.

Like, I wonder why the FT-1 Concept is in Gr.X? Is it really due to not having a listed weight, or is it more like the electric cars where there’s something about it that makes it too unique to be within N500? For example, highly unusual active aero beyond the usual cars in N500. I don’t think that being a concept is the thing that’s putting it in Gr.X, because the S-FR concepts (both of them) and the Mazda RX500 concept are in the N-Series...

EDIT: I miss the car logotypes, too, like how they had them in GT4.

Last edited:
Back