Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I had some ideas regarding the classes:

-Would there be issues if BoP also affected downforce & final gear ratio? Furthermore, would it be an issue if, more specifically, BoP in general had the goal of making each setting be as uniform as possible between cars? With each car in a class having identical power, weight, downforce, and final gear ratio? On one hand, it would make things potentially more balanced, but I could see this potentially stripping some cars of their relatively unique driving characteristics. But I think accounting for downforce and final gearing could potentially help a lot with Gr.1's case and the Group C racers.

-The N-series could come with the condition that tuning is not only disabled, but BoP is also disabled, overall resulting in the cars being as stock as possible. Instead, only very narrow selections of cars will be permissible at a time, mostly modeled on events from GT games' campaigns, like those events where you could only use the "Gentleman's Agreement" JDM cars, or perhaps if there were an event where players were limited to the various Kei cars.

-In addition, there could be a series of classes for tuners, which could include the S-FR Racing Concept, the Roadster Touring Car, various SEMA winners, and cars customized by the player, especially when they've installed additional parts both internally and externally, such as aero kits and rear wings. Tuning would typically be permitted to some ability. Sometimes all settings will be available, or maybe just a few specific sections. There also may be range limitations on a setting.

-In addition, there should be a way to make the field of cars as diverse as possible. For example, when the car is provided, the car you end up could also be random. This could force players to adapt, rather than having relatively homogenous fields of cars that follow the meta. Also, qualifying in daily races would be much more similar to that in championship races, wherein you get a limited amount of time to qualify, and you also must use the car you set your best time with in the actual race.

-There could be a group for drift cars, like the BR-Z, but also the D1GP-spec RX-7 FC that was picked from the Tokyo Auto Salon. These would have BoP applied insofar that the power & weight is identical per car.

-Another group could be for the newer "hypercar class," and some cars currently in Gr.1 could be moved there, namely the cars that don't resemble LMPs as much, like the Bugatti, Alpine, and Audi VGTs, whereas Gr.1 cars that do look a like more like LMPs like the Mazda and Hyundai VGTs would stay. But perhaps instead of making a new class, there could be a subset of Gr.1 classes. Like a Gr.1a for the hypercars (and similar VGTs like Audi, Dodge, Alpine, & Bugatti), Gr.1b for LMPs (and similar VGTs like Mazda & Hyundai), and Gr.1c for Group C cars. Or maybe they could really all work together, I really wouldn't know - but I think if they truly were to work as a single Gr.1, it could be a lot better if BoP accounted for downforce & final gearing, and possibly if BoP attempted to make all affected settings as uniform as possible, rather than adjusting BoP through time trials conducted at PD's end. I think allowing both PD and the players to view usage stats (ala the Pokemon Global Link) would help a lot, too.

-On the other side of things, I don't see there being enough cars in Gr.B, Gr.2, Gr.3, nor Gr.4 to warrant a similar set of sub-classes being created, but that's just at the moment.

https://www.gtplanet.net/here-are-your-2018-gran-turismo-award-winners/
GT_Awards_2018-4-800x450.png

https://stateofspeed.com/2019/08/24/200_mph_maverick/
“After 200-mph run at Blytheville, the Maverick was scanned by Sony for their Gran Turismo sim racing game then it was on to Columbus, Ohio for the Goodguys’ 22nd PPG Nationals where we picked up the 2019 PPG Street Machine of the Year Award.

I'm looking forward to see what gets added other than the cars & Tokyo Wet. Like if there's new GT League events, other than just new rounds to current events, or what sort of UI/UX/QoL changes could come, or new features. Isn't this going to be the first update since the Sport Mode Time Trials were added?

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE (or maybe the Camaro GT4.R), Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Racer Concept, Ferrari 365 GTB4 and Dodge Coronet Super Bee! Since PD is slowing starting to add newer cars, the 2017 Ford GT doesn’t look to far away!

With the Porsche Taycan coming in GTS next month, I think it would be a good opportunity to have a GT League event with a Porsche & Tesla electric rivalry.
Or maybe “Electric Circuits” from GT6. The Model S P85+ is not a direct competitor to the Taycan.

My crystal ball says Tuesday 24th september between 4am and 6am GMT.
Which would be exactly same part of the monthly cycle as last time (last Tuesday of the month).

Funny enough, my exact same prediction.

Bringing back my guesses (and slightly updating them) from a previous thread which is now locked:

1.45 - September 24th (Week after the Red Bull Hanger 7 World Tour)
1.46 - October 29th (About 2 days after the Tokyo Auto Show World Tour)
1.47 - November 26th ( About 2 days after the World Final)
1.48 - December 24th (As opposed to the 31st for obvious reasons)

Hi all,

Whats considered a good score on Kudosprime? and whats an Alien score? :lol:

It's all relative. I just set my own goals based on where I feel my ability is and not worry about where others are. At some point your score will plateau when you reach the limit of your own abilities, and that could be anywhere on the scale. What's considered "good" is pretty subjective.

Aliens will be 70k plus, and often at the max 75k.

I have also found that the more I worry about ratings the less fun the game becomes! Just race and enjoy :)

My in-game achievements are glitched... seems no matter how many likes I leave liveries it never goes above 27 :(
I think it only counts them if done in game. Using the GT website doesn't seem to count. I had that same issue when trying to get that cleared, and wound up just going on a liking spree in game, since computer likes didn't seem to count.

MMX
I think it only counts them if done in game. Using the GT website doesn't seem to count. I had that same issue when trying to get that cleared, and wound up just going on a liking spree in game, since computer likes didn't seem to count.

Likes on the website did count at one stage, but they put a stop to it because they really want you to do that in-game.

bizzare! But I guess that’s par for the course with gran turismo :lol:

thanks guys :cheers:

Any crossplay racing games between ps4 and PC? I wanna play something with my cousin. I find it odd that shooting games are crossplay but a racing game where theres no significant advantage isn't.

Any crossplay racing games between ps4 and PC? I wanna play something with my cousin. I find it odd that shooting games are crossplay but a racing game where theres no significant advantage isn't.

If you count Rocket League as a racing game I think that’s all there is.

If you count Rocket League as a racing game I think that’s all there is.
Damn. That's what I thought... too bad my cousin is awful at it lol. Was hoping to get a proper arcade racing or sim racing game - basically anything with a competitive element

Back