Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Last time I checked, every Battlefield game released this generation is still has servers active on PS4 right now. Your mileage might vary in terms of how busy they are, but even Hardline, the clear black sheep of the lot, is active to a point.

Most COD games in that same time frame are still turned on, server wise.

This isn't the silver bullet point you think it is.
Of course it's going to come down to the developer and other factors. If PD wanted to make the servers 100% used for GT Sport due to the nature of the game and the online traffic it has, they may have decided that was most important.

Maybe a minor thing for many, but I still long for raised letter tyre options.
4692760713980052508_0.jpg

Also hoping these can make a return WITH the raised letter tyre options
car_1072_46737_555f364242e3e.jpg

latest

GT5 or GT6 had the option on road cars
images

car_1119_46737_55609e33efc64.jpg

car_1042_46737_555f2cfd7f1b6.jpg

Reduction in updates confirmed, they are now focused in next GT??
View attachment 893569

Edit: Cars seems to be Fiat 500, Nissan 180SX and the DBR9
Not bad but I was expecting a little more to be honest but at least Kaz is telling us what to expect in the future so we don’t get our hopes up for nothing.

Looking forward for the Fiat 500. I’ve been waiting for it since the Abarth 500 dropped.

What's the list of transmission types that could be listed under the settings menu? I think the types were automatic, manual, sequential manual, and CVT. Am I missing any?

Personally, I'm hoping that in the next game, we could have car-specific button mapping, and the controls will match-up with the fact that the transmissions are noted like this, so we could use the clutch for manual cars, for example, or not have any wasted buttons when driving automatic and/or CVT cars. It'd really add to the immersion, to have the transmission option (AT/MT) work on a car-by-car basis.

What's the list of transmission types that could be listed under the settings menu? I think the types were automatic, manual, sequential manual, and CVT. Am I missing any?

Personally, I'm hoping that in the next game, we could have car-specific button mapping, and the controls will match-up with the fact that the transmissions are noted like this, so we could use the clutch for manual cars, for example, or not have any wasted buttons when driving automatic and/or CVT cars. It'd really add to the immersion, to have the transmission option (AT/MT) work on a car-by-car basis.
I'm hoping we'll get back to adjusting the stock transmission. Can't stand that I have to have a 5-speed fitted to a muscle/pony car that comes with a 4-speed. They let us keep the 5-speed on some models, when we select a fully adjustable transmission.

As much as PD pay attention to details, they don't pay attention to details. PDLogic™

Couple thing I noticed:

1. Selecting SSRX from "change course" on pre race menu will make your rolling start a single file rather than double file like if you pick SSRX from start.

2. Falken BRZ Drift Car have the flames come out the wrong way (the back like normal BRZ instead of the exhaust on the front).

Edit: number 2 debunked

Last edited:
Couple thing I noticed:

1. Selecting SSRX from "change course" on pre race menu will make your rolling start a single file rather than double file like if you pick SSRX from start.

2. Falken BRZ Drift Car have the flames come out the wrong way (the back like normal BRZ instead of the exhaust on the front).
Really? I suppose that is great or something very fascinating to see.

Last edited:

It's modelled correctly.

Flames from engine combustion spit out on top of the hood, where the exhaust is.

Flames in the back are from the turbo/anti lag system. You'll notice this when you shift up and almost stall the car, as well as when you down shift and maintain boost.

03:45 custom triple downpipe routing on the right bank, Chris Eimer calls it the "secret sauce".

07:20 you see on the right side of the differential where the custom piping ends off. The square tip exhaust.

In GTS the frequency at which your car spits out flames depends on how much mileage you put on. Think of it as warming up your engine.

When you drive a brand new car, especially a race or homologation version, you don't get flames on your down shifts. The more you drive it, the more those flames shoot out and the more pops and gurgles you'll hear. 👍

Last edited:
Anyone else find this really annoying about GTS?

On PS4 Pro, we can either run it in high FPS mode (with motion blur too) with normal graphics or run it in "high quality mode" which is just 4k supersampling and almost exactly the same graphics effects as before (but has motion blur disabled).

Why can't I just have 1080p at 60FPS with longer draw distance and better shadows? Please? Both modes look basically the same and yet I'm sure the 4k supersampling one is really taxing the system. Supersampling is super inefficient, it adds nothing to the scene other than anti aliasing!

Also, GT focusing towards eSports is nothing new. Have we forgotten about the GT Academy sponsored by Nissan? Several drivers had their jimmies tickled and a handful of them went to third base with Nissan.
Big difference is that the GT Academy stuff had their own apps/downloadable titles completely independent from the mainline entires, and did not hinder said entires as a result. Sport, on the other hand, was built with multiplayer/eSports ij mind from the get go, and what came out of that was a terrible game that took 3 years to become somewhat decent

Does anybody know what the green - red - blue indicator gauge above the tach in cockpit view on the McLaren VGT is? It behaves like a shift indicator but the car hits the fuel cut before the blue bar maxes out. :confused:

Came back to GT Sport today for the first time since December and had the best race I’ve ever had in the DBR9 GT1 ‘10.

Created the race in custom race, professional difficulty not like it means anything. But did a longish race on Laguna Seca on Sunset, and must say the game looks absolutely stunning! Added to the atmosphere of the race, one track I’ll never get bored of. Pure clean race.

GT Sport may not be a traditional GT game, but there is ways to make it a fun game. Whether it’s online races or custom races. Two best features of the game imo, GT League doesn’t really cut it for me. The races just aren’t fun in GT League. Not all, but most. They just don’t feel rewarding enough. There is some good races though like Sunday Cup, Japanese car cup (forgot it’s true name), Gr. 2 & Gr. 1 race series. As well as the Endurance races which are all good.

Sport is an overall beautiful, well informative game and even though I don’t like the fact it’s mostly focused online it’s still a good GT game. Huge polish in Graphics & Sounds as well.

PD have done amazing with the support of GT Sport. They’ve nailed it, I’m not even bothered if we don’t reach near 500 cars I think they’ve done really well with the support of GT Sport. Don’t have to buy for any extra cars & tracks we get in the updates which is pretty sweet. GT Sport was barebones when it released, and even though I’m not a fan of GT League it really adds to the game. It’s a nice addition.

So yeah, if they’re going to have less content in future updates that’s fine with me. They’ve done amazing supporting GT Sport in my opinion. Like a lot of people are saying, if most of the effort is now going onto the next GT game I’m cool with that. They probably have modeled a lot more cars which they have not released to GT Sport, which they’re saving for the next GT game. I personally hope we get a GT Mode like GT3 in the next title, or GT4 where you could win the prize car more than once. And the Ford Puma 1.7 Zetec, please Kaz!! :bowdown:

Just my opinion, I’ve mostly pointed out the positives in GT Sport because I’m just trying to stay positive. Each to their own.

Back