Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Can Polyphony please nerf the 2008 Gr2 XANAVI NISMO GT-R already? It's absolutely ridiculous how much better that car is compared to every other vehicle in the same class. If you're looking for a Gr2 lobby but don't own it - don't even bother, you'll never catch up with the competition. For example on Dragon Trail after just one lap, the leader is ~15 seconds ahead of me while I'm in the Raybrig NSX concept

Something I've noticed is that the driving school only goes up to "Intermediate." I wonder if an "Advanced" level was proposed and scrapped, or something? It just doesn't follow the pattern of what I'd expect.
This whole game doesn't follow the pattern of what one would expect from a Gran Turismo title to be honest

Something I've noticed is that the driving school only goes up to "Intermediate." I wonder if an "Advanced" level was proposed and scrapped, or something? It just doesn't follow the pattern of what I'd expect.

I've always wondered about that too. My guess is that it was going to be added post launch but was scrapped when they added GT League instead. Possibly the same person was responsible for both the driving school and GT League implementation.

Although I think it would have been a good decision to add the extra level one month, instead of new GTL events.

Anyone finding their saved replays crash when skipping forward or back? Reported it via PS4 (3 times in a row) so hopefully they get the error report, but it's a bug that never used to be there.

Can Polyphony please nerf the 2008 Gr2 XANAVI NISMO GT-R already? It's absolutely ridiculous how much better that car is compared to every other vehicle in the same class. If you're looking for a Gr2 lobby but don't own it - don't even bother, you'll never catch up with the competition. For example on Dragon Trail after just one lap, the leader is ~15 seconds ahead of me while I'm in the Raybrig NSX concept

It isn't 15 seconds quicker. It isn't even quicker. The 2016 cars are overall better.

Either you were drastically slow, or the person driving the 2008 car had max power, min weight. Stop blaming the game for what is either a skill difference or a lobby setting you didn't realise was available

Dear Gt players, I have a question who probably someone of us has. GtS took me almost half of the memory of my console, except it I can only upload other 2 or 3 games (one of them is Dead Red R). Is there a way to safe this problem? Thank You

Dear Gt players, I have a question who probably someone of us has. GtS took me almost half of the memory of my console, except it I can only upload other 2 or 3 games (one of them is Dead Red R). Is there a way to safe this problem? Thank You

Both GTSport and RDR2 are HUGE games, so you won't have much other space.

You'd need a 1TB PS4 or an external harddrive,in order to have much more big games installed

Both GTS and RDR2 are over 100GB when installed. You can't reduce that.

The only thing you could do to make more space would be to buy an external HD which can be formatted to be an "extension" to your PS4 HD. I paid about £60 for a 2TB drive in a sale.

Not the answer you wanted though...

I hope the next GT has more singleplayer content like the other GT games, because I’ve basically given up on GTS. When I played online, it wasn’t fun losing almost every race - it just frustrated me, and the mere thought of it makes me want to start playing it again just so I can ram others and ruin races out of spite. I hate eSports and how it’s turned videogames from something relaxing and fun to a bunch of tryhard ELO trash. Sometimes I want to take my PS4 and hack it apart with a pickaxe. Videogames aren’t fun anymore. Videogames are dead.

I hope the next GT has more singleplayer content like the other GT games, because I’ve basically given up on GTS. When I played online, it wasn’t fun losing almost every race - it just frustrated me, and the mere thought of it makes me want to start playing it again just so I can ram others and ruin races out of spite. I hate eSports and how it’s turned videogames from something relaxing and fun to a bunch of tryhard ELO trash. Sometimes I want to take my PS4 and hack it apart with a pickaxe. Videogames aren’t fun anymore. Videogames are dead.
I never threw a tantrum for losing a race online lol.

I think you may have bigger problems than videogames

Sounds like typical low elo/mmr/ranking player not knowing how to control their emotions. Esports only brings out the true nature of people who one, troll, or two, throw a fit. Furthermore, blaming the game or environment for their losses, rather then accepting they're the problem.

The other option is those who actually can lose gracefully and learn from their mistakes and improve.

You seem to want instant gratification in easy wins given to players through the majority of single player play. PD even has said they made single player easier so anyone can pick up the game and enjoy. All that has shown is that previous gt games didn't challenge players and prepare them for an atmosphere like high competitive online competition.

However being mature enough falls on you, and the lack of it you've shown is only your fault.

Oh man, don't turn this thread into a whining thread about video games. :scared::indiff:

so I can ram others and ruin races out of spite.

giphy.gif

I can fully understand your pain my friend but video games are not dead yet, but I do know GTS is on a life support machine and a new Racing game from PD would bring a :) to your face.

Grow up. Not everyone deserves a 1st place.

Better take couple day off from games for a while.

If you can't stand video games loss, how can I expect you to behave better for real life stuff? Imagine the tantrum.

Last edited:

This must be a joke because your stats are pretty good, if the links are you. Decent DR and admirable SR! I don't consider a race lost if I don't win. I find a way to appreciate the experience even if I'm shunted down to last. Even winning 1% of races in GTS is far more rewarding than any single player campaign from any GT game.

so I can ram others and ruin races out of spite.

If you do this you're part of the problem.

Sometimes I want to take my PS4 and hack it apart with a pickaxe.

That solution works for all your would be victims too. Perhaps just sell it though.

a bunch of tryhard ELO trash

I've been called a number of things in my time but that's a new one, just for enjoying a game :lol:

Yeah. Sorry to freak everyone out. I'm just really struggling with some things. I think it's that while I'm trying to deal with my depression, I shouldn't be doing something stressful like competitive video games. Maybe only once I've gotten really content with things in life would be when I should consider it. I think I need to play something else, try a different hobby other than videogames, or something. I'm just not feeling well right now.

Yeah. Sorry to freak everyone out. I'm just really struggling with some things. I think it's that while I'm trying to deal with my depression, I shouldn't be doing something stressful like competitive video games. Maybe only once I've gotten really content with things in life would be when I should consider it. I think I need to play something else, try a different hobby other than videogames, or something. I'm just not feeling well right now.
Just take a break from video games for a few months and when you come back to games like racing in GT Sport, or any other racing game just don't do online racing if it gets you down.

It's far from easy but while you're having difficulties just try to find whatever works for you, and keep away from the things that dont, as much as life will allow it. Everyone is different, but trust your instincts.

Sounds stupid I know, but I had a really bad period a couple of years ago and almost the only thing I looked forward to each month was the monthly updates on GTS (when we knew there were 50 cars coming up).

Personally, I keep to the relatively stress free GT League and away from online as that's way too stressful for me.

But it sounds like you need to focus on something more healthy right now. Take a break from gaming all together or play something more relaxing (maybe try something like No Man's Sky instead, something where you can be invested but not frustrated).

We'll still be here when you come back to GT.

Be well :)

I think I know you shared this problem in some thread before not more than a year ago.

Back